*基于真实事件改编*
*2008年1月1日*
别这样!求求你们!
Please! Please!
对不起 我不会说阿尔巴尼亚语!
I’m sorry, I don’t speak Albanian!
别打我!我听不懂你们在说什么!
Stop! I don’t understand!
现在听懂了吗?
Do you understand now?
现在指着我头的是一把杰里科941手♥枪♥
That’s a Jericho 941 pointed at my head.
只需要花300美元 你就能在黑市里淘到
You can get one on the black market for $300.
懂了
Yeah.
它是一把非常便携好用的武器
It is a very reliable weapon.
我叫戴维·佩豪斯
My name is David Packouz.
是一个国际军♥火♥贩
And I’m an international arms dealer.
关于战争你都知道什么?
What do you know about war?
人们会告诉你战争就是爱国民♥主♥
They’ll tell you it’s about patriotism, democracy
或是某个厌恶我们自♥由♥的家伙
or some shit about the other guy hating our freedom.
但是你想知道战争的真正意义吗?
But you want to know what it’s really about?
从这个画面里你看到了什么?
What do you see?
一个来自阿肯色的孩子
A kid from Arkansas
为了实现自己的爱国主义来到前线保家卫国?
doing his patriotic duty to defend his country?
我看到了一个头盔 一双防火手套
I see a helmet, fire-retardant gloves,
一件防弹衣 以及一把M16突击步♥枪♥
body armor, and an M16.
我看见了17500美元
I see $17,500.
装备一个美国士兵就需要这么多钱
That’s what it costs to outfit one American soldier.
有超过两百万个战士
Over two million soldiers
在伊♥拉♥克♥和阿富汗战斗
fought in Iraq and Afghanistan.
而这平均会花费美国纳税人每年约45亿美元……
It cost the American taxpayer $4.5 billion each year
投入到这些战争当中 而这一部分钱
just to pay the air conditioning bills
才只够抵消空调的费用
for those wars.
这才是战争的真正意义
And that’s what war is really about.
战争就是经济
War is an economy.
如果有人告诉你战争不是这样
Anybody who tells you otherwise
那要么他是个蠢货 要么他正参与其中
is either in on it or stupid.
但我当时还没认清这一点
But I didn’t know that yet.
很早以前我几乎什么都不知道
Back then, I didn’t know anything.
*2005年 迈阿密沙滩*
你不能在这里停车
You can’t park here.
嘿 伙计 2150号♥ 有我的客户叫肖尔先生
Hey, man. I just got a client at 2150, Mr. Shore.
但是我来早了
I’m a few minutes early.
是吗?但这里是封闭式社区
Yeah? It’s a gated community.
所以你还是不能在这里停车
You still can’t park here.
大♥麻♥在这里也是禁止的
You probably shouldn’t smoke that here, either.
好吧 多谢提醒
Okay. Thanks.
关于我现阶段的生活是如何影响故事走向的
There’s a lot I could say about this period in my life
我可以说上三天三夜
that would give context to this stow.
我可以谈我是如何……
I could tell you how
只上完一个学期就从大学辍学的
I dropped out of college after one semester.
左臀的肌肉感觉怎么样? 还是很酸痛
How’s that left quad doing? It’s still sore.
我是如何和父母闹翻的
Had a falling out with my parents.
我是如何辗转6份工作或自己辞职或被炒鱿鱼的
How I either quit or got fired from six different jobs.
就是这里 好的 放松
That’s it. All right. There we go.
但现在回想起来
But looking back
我觉得最重要的事是
I think the most important thing to understand is
我当时非常迷茫
I was completely lost.
抱歉 毯子自己掉下去了
Sorry. It fell.
没关系 加里
That’s okay, Gary.
我当时22岁
I was 22 years old
专帮迈阿密海滩附近的富豪按♥摩♥ 每小时赚75块
massaging rich dudes in Miami Beach for 75 bucks an hour.
但我受够了
But I’d had enough.
是时候做出改变了
It was time to change shit up.
而我有个好主意
And I had a big idea.
*要学会发现机遇 才能赚钱*
我的计划就是把高质量的床单批发给……
My plan was to sell quality bed sheets wholesale
南佛罗里达的所有养老院
to all the retirement homes in South Florida.
这里有上百家养老院
And there were hundreds of them.
手感真轻柔 那肯定的
It feels really soft. It should.
这是用的埃及棉 400纱支数
It’s Egyptian cotton, 400 thread count.
它的品质在家用上 已经算是上乘了
I mean, it’s pretty much top of the line for institutional use.
我很纠结 这看起来挺贵的
I don’t know. It seems excessive.
每一床才29美元 一点都不贵
Well, at $29 per unit, it’s far from excessive.
戴维 你知道希尔戴尔里住的老人平均年龄吗?
David, do you know the average age of a resident here at Hilldale?
额 不知道
Um, no, I don’t.
82岁 哇
Eighty-two years old. Wow.
你有见过82岁老人的皮肤吗?
Have you ever seen the skin on an 82-year-old man?
你有触摸过吗?
Have you ever felt it?
事实上 我摸过 我之前是一名按♥摩♥理疗师
Yeah. Actually, I’m a certified massage therapist
我很多的客户都是上了点年纪的
and a lot of my clients are elderly.
那你就应该知道
Then you should know.
如果给他们用这些床单
These sheets,
感觉就好比用开士米羊绒裹住一只蜥蜴
it would be like wrapping a lizard in cashmere.
你会这么做吗?
Would you do that?
你会把羊绒拿给蜥蜴用吗?
Would you wrap a lizard in cashmere?
我想不会
I guess not.
那你凭什么指望我会?
Then why would you expect me to?
那是我侄子
My nephew.
他唱得很好 对吧?
He’s good, right?
我把所有的积蓄都用来买♥♥了这65床高级床单
I’d sunk my entire life savings into 65 cases of premium bed sheets
但我忽视了一个最残忍♥的事实
but I overlooked one crucial factor.
根本就没人关心老年人过得怎么样
No one really cares about old people.
你为什么不把它们退回去?
Why don’t you just sell them back?
退不了 我是批发的
It doesn’t work like that. I bought them in bulk.
我完蛋了
I’m so fucked.
你没完蛋
You’re not fucked.
皮特才完蛋了
Pete’s fucked.
他都死透了
He’s dead.
我的天那 是埃佛隆吗?
Holy shit. Is that Efraim?
是的
Yeah.
我以为他还在洛杉矶
I thought he was still in LA.
我也是
Me too.
他是个很好的朋友 谢谢
He was a great friend. Thank you.
他看起来真有钱
He looks so tan.
埃佛隆·迪乌利是我的发小
Efraim Diveroli was my best friend growing up.
但自从他10年级搬去……
But I hadn’t seen him since he was shipped off
和他叔叔住之后 我就再也没见过他
to live with his uncle in 10th grade.
我想我们的父母一定都想尽办法让我俩离得越远越好
I think our parents wanted to keep us as far apart as possible.
生命之书中是没有目录的
There is no table of contents in the Book of Life.
我们不知道现在所处的位置 是新篇章的开头还是结尾
We don’t know if we’re at the beginning of a new chapter, or the end of a story.
所以每当有新的一页翻开时……
Which is why we must be grateful
我们要心存感激
every time the page turns.
你回来就是为了参加葬礼?
Did you come back just for this?
当然不是!我根本就不认识什么皮特
Fuck no! I barely knew Pete.
我是来找你的
I was hoping to see you here.
知道你妈连你的电♥话♥号♥码都不给我吗?
You know your mom wouldn’t give me your number?
怎么 你有打去家里找我?
What, did you call my house?
没有 我当时正在操她
No, I was fucking her.
她还是很恨我 对吗?
She still hates me, huh?
没错 是这样的
Yeah, most likely.
我很想你 兄弟
I missed you, bro.
我也是
Yeah, me too.
我们去兜兜风吧
Let’s go for a ride.
额…
Uh…
不行 我4点钟有一个客户
I can’t. I got a client at 4:00.
管他♥娘♥的♥ 给我取消了
Fuck that shit. Cancel it.
你的好兄弟回来了
Your boy’s back in town.
来嘛!
Come on!
你怎么不在洛杉矶待着了 伙计?
So, what happened with LA, man?
为什么回来?
Why did you move back?
你知道我一直在我叔叔手下工作 对吧?
Oh, you know I was working for my uncle, right?
对 我听说你们好像是枪贩什么的
Yeah, I heard that you were, like, a gun dealer or something.
差不多吧
Pretty much. I mean,
我们现在警方拍卖♥♥会上
we’d buy seized weapons at police auctions and resell them on the Internet.
真不错
Cool.
之前是挺不错的 直到我发现我叔叔从我这儿克扣了7万块
It was cool until my uncle scumbagged me over 70 grand.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!