– and put a toothpick through ’em. – How do you cook the bacon?
用平底锅在炉子上煎
In the oven on a pan.
你这样煎的话
The bacon’s not gonna be
培根不是脆的
crisp if you bake it in the oven on a sheet.
-会很脆的 -没人想吃那么油腻
– Yes, it will. – Nobody wants greasy…
-我想要热狗 -那么软的培根
– I want hot dogs! – floppy bacon.
-我想要热狗 -会有热狗的 宝贝
– I want hot dogs! – We’re gonna have hot dogs, honey.
我保证 肯定会有热狗的
I promise, we’re gonna have hot dogs.
我参加过的派对都是
The thing about every party that I’ve been to is that…
-埃伦 埃伦 -什么
– Ellen. Ellen. -What?
你把东西咽下去了再说话好吗
Could you not talk with your mouth full?
什么
Excuse me?
你让我觉得很恶心 我都要吐了
You’re making me sick. I’m gonna throw up.
-好的 爸爸 -埃伦
– Okay, Dad. -Ellen.
-当然 爸爸 -你们两个别吵好吗
– Sure thing, Dad. – Will you two cut it out?
-好的 爸爸 -很好
– Okay, Dad. Sure thing, Dad. – That’s nice.
够了 你们两个
Stop it, you guys.
爸爸已经死了 埃伦
Dad’s dead, Ellen.
-吉伯特 -吉伯特
– Gilbert! – Gilbert!
-你在说什么 -闭嘴
– I can’t believe you said that. – Shut up!
爸爸死了
Dad’s dead!
-亚尼 -爸爸死了
– Arnie… – Dad’s dead!
-亚尼 亚尼 -爸爸死了
– Arnie, shh. Arnie – Dad’s dead!
亚尼 没事的 别说了
Arnie, it’s okay. Stop it now.
-老天啊 -爸爸死了 爸爸死了
– Oh, God. – Dad’s dead! Dad’s dead!
-妈妈 别难过 -让他闭嘴
– Mama, don’t get upset. – Make him stop.
-亚尼 闭嘴 -死了 死了
– Arnie, shut up! – Dead! Dead! Dead!
-你疯了 亚尼 -够了
– You’re crazy, Arnie! – Stop it.
-安静点 -别说了
– Just calm down. – Stop it!
-别说了 -够了
– Stop it! – That’s enough!
亚尼 够了
Arnie, that’s enough!
别说了 别说了
Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!
-亚尼 安静点 -爸爸死了
– Arnie, be quiet. – Dad’s dead!
我让你闭嘴
I said, stop it right now!
艾米 艾米
Amy. Amy.
这应该是2乘10 或者2乘12
It should be two-by-tens or two-by-twelves
中间的空隙应该是…
and the space between ’em here should…
应该是两英尺
Right now, it’s at two feet.
应该是16英寸 这是标准尺寸
This should be 16 inches. I mean, that’s just standard.
而这里 看到那地板没
And this right here. See this here? Flat flooring?
一旦这个木头老化 你们就会掉下来
Once the wood gets old, you’re gonna fall right through it.
我想爸爸不是个专业的木匠
I guess Daddy wasn’t much of a carpenter.
吉伯特 他怎么用2乘6的代替…
Gilbert, why did he use two-by-sixes instead of two-by…
塔克
Tucker!
-什么 -小声点
– What? – Keep it down.
对不起
Sorry.
她过来了 她过来了
She’s coming. She’s coming.
你还好吗 没事吧
You all right? You okay?
没事
Yeah, I’m fine.
谢谢你过来
Thanks a lot for coming.
我明天把木材带过来
I’ll come by tomorrow with the wood.
-我们悄悄地弄 -我忘了告诉你
– Let’s keep it quiet. – I forgot to tell you.
-什么 -汉堡仓库
– What? – Burger Barn.
我被录用了 他们给我打电♥话♥了
I’m in. I got the call.
-太好了 -现在还来得及 你懂的
– Good. – It’s not too late, you know.
晚安
Good night.
我想她应该睡着了
I think she’s asleep.
你说你想切食品脱水器里的南瓜
Say you wanna slice down zucchini squash in the food dehydrator.
-看看这个 -太神奇了
– Look at this. – Wonderful!
-每片都切得那么完美 -太了不起了
– Perfect slices every time. Nice? – Marvelous.
当然了 如果有人牙齿不好
‘Course, if you know someone that can’t chew too well.
还可以把玉米粒掰下来
take the corn off the cob.
看看这个 我们只是稍微…
Look at this. We’ll just turn down the dial a little…
一连几个小时拿着刀坐在这里
… freeze corn and sit there for hours with a knife,
切玉米
literally hours, cutting their corn.
-难以置信 -当然 因为…
– Unbelievable! – ‘Course, for un…
-现在 你把… -你在做什么
– Right now, you get the… – What are you doing?
-给我 -对不起 妈妈
– Give me that. – Sorry, Mama.
天啊
Jeez.
原价160元的电动切片机只售30元
The $30 Dial-O-Matic Food Slicer, a $ 160 value, right now.
我帮你把床铺好了
I made up that bed for you.
为什么
What for?
万一你想换个环境
Just in case you wanted a change.
我对这儿很满意
I’m happy right where I am.
-你确定吗 -是的
– You sure? – Yeah.
我帮你
Here you go.
盖上吧 妈妈
Here you go, Mama.
谢谢 孩子们
Thanks, kids.
-晚安 妈妈 -谢谢
– Good night, Mama. – You’re so helpful.
我去给她送货 后来又聊了一会儿
I took her delivery, we talked a little bit.
我载她回家 仅此而已
And that was it. I dropped her off.
她来这儿做什么
What’s she doing here?
我也不知道 她正好就在这儿
I don’t know. She’s just sort of here.
可能她们的车坏了
I think their car broke down.
少来了 你的表情已经出♥卖♥♥♥了你
Come on. I see it in your face.
别说了好吗 咱们换个话题
Can we not talk about this now? Can we change the subject?
明白了吗
Do you understand?
我们想要个游泳池
We want a pool.
-好吧 待会说 -我待会都告诉你
-OK. You’re tellin’ me later. – I’ll tell you everything later.
看到外面那些家伙了吗
Look at those guys out there.
他们有说有笑 很快乐
They’re laughing, they’re all happy
还和朋友们招手
and waving to their friends.
可也许第二天 意想不到的事情发生
But the next day, and this is the thing they don’t know,
他们就会睡到马路上去
they could be lying on the slab.
这很残酷
It’s kind of harsh.
但也很有趣
But it’s kind of fun too.
-你有没有… -什么
– Do you ever… – What?
好吧 你知道的
Well, you know.
你有没有想过像那样
Are you tempted to, like…
跟尸体耍一耍
wanna fool around with the bodies?
不 我早就想问你了
No, I’ve always wanted to ask.
如果我说错了什么 请你原谅
I’m sorry if it makes you uncomfortable.
人们总是对这些问题很好奇
People are curious about that.
如果你不想说这个…
If you don’t wanna talk about it…
最糟糕的是 我们总是对那些身有异样
The worst thing that we do is we take the grotesque bodies,
其貌不扬的人们
the really ugly ones,
开一些无害的玩笑
and we make harmless jokes about them.
玩笑本身并没有什么 可我们
Very harmless jokes, but we come up with
总能把他们当作很好的笑话
some very good jokes about them
还有我父亲和我
about my father and me.
可你知道的 那些人已经死了
But, you know, they’re dead.
现在已经没有人见过了 也没有人听过
You know, nobody can see that. Nobody hears anything.
你们好
Hi, boys.
您好 卡夫尔夫人
Hello, Mrs. Carver.
这些玩笑无伤大雅 甚至没人知道由来
Those jokes don’t hurt anybody. Nobody knows we even make them.
吉伯特 我在等你的电♥话♥
Gilbert, I’m waiting for your call.
卡夫尔先生 很久没在教堂见到您母亲
Mr. Carver, I haven’t seen your mother in church lately.
-她还好吗 -她好得很
– How’s she doing? -Fine. She’s fine.
谢谢 再见
Thanks. Bye.
他想杀了你 对吗
He wants to kill you, right?
你想要一副铜棺材吗
Do you prefer a bronze casket?
吉伯特
Hey, Gilbert.
找个人下来帮帮我
Can somebody give me a hand down here?
-怎么了 -帮我拿一下木头
– What? – I need a hand with the wood.
亚尼
Hey, Arnie.
你能去帮帮塔克吗
You wanna go help Tucker?
亚尼 去地下室帮帮塔克
Arnie, go help Tucker in the basement.
亚尼
Arnie.
你能去地下室…
Why don’t you go into the basement…
我才不下去
I don’t wanna go down there.
-拜托了 -没门 你去

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!