安德鲁王子
Prince Andre.
那个老家伙真的要死了吗
Is the old boy really dying this time?
医生说波朱可夫伯爵肯定活不过今晚
The doctors are fairly certain Count Bezukhov won’t last the night.
我父亲和姐姐在那里吗
Are my father and sister there?
你父亲在那里 海伦♥公♥主也很快会到
Your father was there and the Princess Helene was expected.
那好 我不必去了 家里有人代表了
That’s good. I don’t have to go. The family’s well represented.
小心点
Careful, careful.
你对我很失望吗
You disapprove of me?
你肯定是很失望
Of course you do.
如果不是都不可能
You’d be wrong if you didn’t.
在我父亲行将就木的病塌前
Arriving at the deathbed of my father bleary-eyed…
双眼血红醉醺醺的出现
stinking of alcohol.
我父亲也会很失望的
He disapproves, too, my father.
这倒也很公平
Well, that’s fair enough.
我对他也很失望
I disapprove of many things about him.
最重要的是 他没有娶我母亲为妻
Chiefly, I disapprove of the fact that he didn’t marry my mother.
如果我是他合法的继承人的话
Perhaps if I was legitimate…
上帝 我有罪恶 但情有可原
I have sinned, Lord, but I have several excellent excuses.
安德鲁 你听我说了怎么多 还是很失望吗
With all that, Andre, you still disapprove?
你没有活出自己的价值 皮尔
You’re not being worthy of yourself, Pierre.
你对不起自己的潜力
You’re not living up to the best things in yourself.
你本应该成为一个人物的
You must be somebody.
这就是难题的开始 当个人物 当什么
That’s where the puzzle begins. Be somebody. Be what?
我是谁 我是下一个波朱可夫伯爵吗
Who am I? Am I the next Count Bezukhov…
拥有大量的房♥产和显赫的爵位
Iord of vast estates and the fixed positions…
手握重权吗
fixed responsibilities?
不是
Not quite.
我父亲不确定 我确实是他的儿子
My father cannot quite acknowledge that I am his son…
但也不确定 我确实不是他的儿子
but he cannot quite acknowledge that I am not his son.
这让所有人都不舒服 包括我在内
That makes everybody uncomfortable, including myself.
你应该定个目标 找到一个出发点
Well, you must aim at something, find a beginning.
你说的没错 别以为我没有这样想过
Oh, you’re right. Don’t think I don’t agree with you.
每天早晨我醒来后 都对自己痛恨不已
Each morning I wake up, I’m disgusted with myself…
恨自己昨晚的所作所为
with what I did the night before.
我告诉自己今天要有个改变
I tell myself today…a change.
如果那天我心血来潮 我会说
If my headache is bad enough, I say…
皮尔 你一定要从今天开始当个圣人
“Pierre, today you must take steps to become a saint.”
我会说 今天去俱乐部只是去看看别人打牌
I say, I’ll drop in at the club and watch the card playing.
然后再喝杯水
Just order a glass of water…
这样我就可以证明 自己是能抵御诱惑的
to prove to myself how marvelously I resist temptation.
然后有人过来对我说
Then someone comes along and says…
就喝一杯伏特加吧 皮尔
“Just one vodka, Pierre.”
第二天早上我的头会更痛 而钱包会更空
Next morning my headache is worse, my pockets are emptier.
你一定有什么是想实现的
There must be something you wanna do.
当然 我想去探索
Of course. I wanna discover.
-探索什么 -所有的事
-Discover what? -Everything.
我想知道为什么我明明知道这是错的还要去做
I want to discover why I know what’s right and still do what’s wrong.
我想知道什么是幸福
I wanna discover what happiness is…
值不值得为幸福付出这么多
and what value there is in suffering.
我想知道为什么 男人要去参战
I wanna discover why men go to war…
想知道他们在对上帝祈祷时
and what they really say…
心里在说什么
deep in their hearts when they pray to God.
我想知道男人和女人在恋爱时心里的感觉
I wanna discover what it is that men and women feel when they say they love.
你看 我是怎么的忙
You see, there’s enough to keep me busy.
要了解我可不容易吧
It’s hard for you to understand someone like me.
对你来说 什么事都是很清楚的
Everything is so clear for you.
你总是对自己想要做什么知道的很清楚
You always know exactly what you must do and you do it.
-不错 -你和我不同
-Exactly. -You’re different from me.
你读书 你会得到启迪
You study, you become enlightened.
我读书 反而会更加迷茫
I study, I become confused.
你恋爱 然后结婚 你坚信 然后行动
You love, you marry. You believe, you act.
有战争 你就参战
There’s a war, you serve.
如果真的像你所说的一样就好啦
How wonderful it would be if I really answered to your description.
-你确实是这样的 -我来告诉你错在哪里吧
-You do, I tell you. -Shall I show you how wrong you are?
我了解你 我没错
I know you. I’m not wrong.
你知道我为什么要参战吗
Do you know why I’m going to the war?
你以为是因为我觉得 拿破仑是一个怪物
You think it’s because I think that Napoleon is a monster?
你以为这是因为我们为
You think I believe that we have any business fighting Austria’s battles…
2000英里远的奥地利打仗有什么好处吗
2,000 miles from home?
你觉得是因为我想俄♥国♥在这次战争后会更强大吗
You think that I think Russia will be a greater nation when this war is over?
那你是为什么
Then why are you going?
因为我娶了一个全莫斯科
Because I’m married to one of the most loving and honorable…
最漂亮迷人的女人
and attractive women in Moscow…
我受不了了
and I can’t stand it.
皮尔 千万不要结婚
Never, never marry, Pierre.
如果你要结婚 就等你老了 一事无成时再做吧
Or if you must marry, marry when you’re old and good for nothing.
不然 你所有的事业都会被毁
Or else everything that is fine and noble in you will be lost.
你会在琐碎的事中荒废
You’ll waste yourself on trifles.
真的 别这样看我
Yes, yes, don’t look at me like that.
你看看拿破仑
You talk of Bonaparte and his career.
如果拿破仑很年轻时就结婚了的话
If Bonaparte had married when he was young…
他现在一定还是一个碌碌无为的小上尉
he’d still be a half-pay captain in Marseilles…
每天提着他夫人的包参加聚会
going to dinner parties and carrying his wife’s handbag…
或者请些笨蛋来他家里
and inviting idiots to his house because his wife…
因为他的夫人想他们来聚会
wanted to be invited to their houses.
安德鲁王子
Prince Andre.
海伦♥公♥主
Princess Helene.
你没有跟我弟弟说 我在这里等他吗
Didn’t you tell my brother that he was expected here?
-我说了 -他来了吗
-I did. -Isn’t he coming?
我想他不会来的了
I believe not.
谢谢
Thank you.
他怎么样 瓦利王爷
How is he, Prince Vasili?
他的神父和他在一起
His confessor is with him.
正在为他做涂油礼
They are giving him extreme unction.
他让你进去
He was asking for you.
我希望你去的时候精神些
I hope you are in a proper condition to see him at this time.
跟我来
Follow me.
去吧 我等你
Go ahead. I’ll wait for you here.
请 皮尔先生
If you please, Monsieur Pierre.
他希望你能和他吻别
He wishes you to kiss him good-bye.
这是给你的
This is for you.
现在他想休息了
Now he would like to sleep.
太迟了 最后他才喜欢我
So late. Finally at the end he loved me.
太迟了
So late.
他给我这个
He gave me this.
这是给沙皇的信
This letter is for the czar…
皮尔 这个是给你的
and this one for you, Pierre.
打开吧
Open it.
你父亲希望你知道在他给沙皇的信中
Your father wishes you to know that in the letter to the czar…
他希望你成为他合法的儿子
he begs that you be legitimately acknowledged as his son…
下一个波朱可夫伯爵
and the next Count Bezukhov…
和他的所有财产的唯一继承人
the sole heir to all his estates.
努力啊 孩子
Be worthy, my boy.
别辜负你父亲
Be worthy of your great father.
无论我们如何狡猾
How often we sin…
如何坑蒙拐骗 最后又如何
how much we deceive, and for what?
死的时候都是一无所有
All ends in death.
海伦 吻你的表兄吧
Kiss your cousin Helene.
他获得了新生 拥抱他吧
He has been reborn. Embrace him.
祝他好运
Wish him well.
回莫斯科真好
It’s a good thing we’re going back to Moscow.
在乡下呆了三星期 我的眼睛都睁不开了
After three weeks in the country I can hardly keep my eyes open.
但是这次旅程还是划得来的 不是吗 皮尔
Still, it was a profitable trip, wasn’t it, Pierre?
很划得来
Very profitable.
我看看我们要等多久 应该不会很久
I’ll see how long we have to wait. It shouldn’t be too long.
不急 我爸爸正好睡一下
There’s no hurry. It’ll give Papa a few extra winks of sleep.
-你去哪里 去你父亲那里吗 -是的
-Where are you going, to your father’s? -Yes.
你最近如何 告诉我 你是一个人吗
What have you been up to? Tell me all the news. Are you alone?
不 瓦利王爷和他的女儿和我一起
No. Prince Vasili is with me and his daughter too.
我们刚刚巡视了一遍我的领地
We’ve made a tour of inspection of my estates.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!