也没有”习惯性分♥裂♥反应”的病史
and no history of dissociative reaction.
你还听证人说过
You’ve further heard it testified…
在枪击的那个晚上 被告的行为…
that the defendant’s behavior on the night of the shooting…
冷静而直接
was cool and direct.
作为一名观察员 你记得这些证词吧?
As an observer, do you remember this testimony?
记得
Yes.
由此 你是否形成了有关被告
From this, have you formed an opinion
在发生枪击那晚的…
about the defendant’s sanity…
精神状况的意见了呢?
on the night of the shooting?
是的 我的意见是他完全处于清醒状态
I’m of the opinion that he was in possession of his faculties…
因此他并没有受到自己的
so that he was not dominated
无意识情绪的控制
by his unconscious mind.
换句话说
In other words,
他也没有受到 “无法抑制的冲动”的控制?
he was not in the grip of irresistible impulse.
在我看来 他没有
In my opinion, he was not.
谢谢你 医生 你的证人 比格勒先生
Thank you. Your witness.
哈考特医生
Dr. Harcourt,
精神病学试图探究的是人类…
psychiatry is an effort to probe into the dark…
隐秘的 未知的精神世界
undiscovered world of the mind.
在那里 世界可以是圆的
And in there, the world might be round,
也可以是方的
it could be square.
你的意见可能是错的 而史密斯医生的意见
Your opinion could be wrong, Dr. Smith’s could be right.
有可能是对的 是这样的吗?
Is that true?
要是我不同意的话 会显得我很不专业
I’d be a poor doctor if I didn’t agree with that.
但是 我相信我的意见是对的
But I believe my opinion to be right.
你认为你有可能改变看法吗
Do you think you might’ve changed your opinion…
要是你也像史密斯医生
if you’d examined the defendant
那样为被告做过检查?
as Dr. Smith did?
我相信不会吧
I don’t believe so.
但是史密斯医生的意见…
-But Dr. Smith’s opinion…
是在更可靠的情况下形成的 不是吗?
was made under better circumstances, wasn’t it?
如果你的意思是指他可以检查这个人
If you mean that he was able to examine the man,
是的
yes.
是这个意思 谢谢 医生
Yeah. Thank you, Doctor.
好了 哈考特医生
-That’s all, Dr. Harcourt.
-我们的处境不妙 米奇
-Is there more rebuttal? -We’re over a barrel, Mitch. -还有什么辩驳的吗?
我们必须用他
We have to use him.
我们传杜温·米勒出庭
We call Duane Miller to the stand.
请庭警带证人进来好吗?
Will the sheriff please bring in the witness?
他会说什么?
What can he tell?
什么都没有
Nothing.
他没什么可以说的
He can’t tell anything.
举起你的右手
Raise your right hand.
你能不能在上帝面前庄严宣誓
Do you swear the testimony you give in this cause…
你即将为本庭所作的证词将是事实
shall be the truth,
完全是事实 除了事实没有别的?
the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?
我宣誓
I do.
请报上你的姓名
State your name, please.
杜温·米勒 大伙儿都叫我杜克
Duane Miller. Most folks call me Duke.
目前你住在那里 米勒先生?
Where do you presently reside?
就在街对面的监狱里
Across the alley in the jail.
你认识被告弗雷德里克·曼尼昂吗?
You know the defendant, Frederick Manion?
是的 在过去几个星期里我认识他的
Yeah, I got to know him in the past few weeks.
他的牢房♥就在我旁边
His cell’s next to mine.
你和中尉最后一次谈话都谈了些什么?
What was the last conversation you had with the lieutenant?
除了今天早晨的打招呼
Except for “hello” this morning,
最后一次是在昨天晚上
the last time was last night.
昨天晚上你们谈到他的审判啦?
Did you discuss his trial last night?
是的 有一些
Yeah, some.
你能不能告诉法庭 曼尼昂中尉
Would you tell the court
对于他的审判都说了些什么?
what Lt. Manion had to say about the trial?
嗯 我说:
Well, I said,
“你的事情怎么样啦 中尉? ”
“Are things looking up, Lieutenant?”
他说: “我搞掂啦 伙计 ”
And he said, “I got it made, buster.”
他说: “我骗过了我的律师
He said, “I fooled my lawyer…
我骗过了那个查脑瓜子的
I fooled that head-shrinker…
我也会骗过陪审团的那帮玉米棒子”傻冒”
and I’m gonna fool that bunch of corn cobs on the jury.
撒谎! 你个下流的 卑劣的骗子!
Liar! You’re a lousy, stinkin’ liar!
镇静 沉住气
Take it easy, now.
我为我的委托人道歉 法官大人
I apologize for my client, Your Honor.
但是他的爆发应该情有可原
Yet his outburst is almost excusable,
因为控方居然…
since the prosecution has seen fit…
让一名罪犯出席作证
to put a felon on the stand to
以控告一名美军军官
testify against an officer in the U.S. Army.
法官大人 我不知道谁是更加恶劣的违法者
Your Honor, I don’t know who’s the worse offender,
曼尼昂还是他的律师
Manion or his lawyer.
我们快接近尾声了
We’re close to the end.
看在老天的份上 在这最后的几小时里
In the name of heaven, let’s have peace…
让我们心平气和 谦恭礼貌点
and courtesy for these last few hours.
丹瑟先生
Mr. Dancer,
你继续你的质询 但不要发表评论
you will continue your interrogation without comment.
比格勒先生 你不要一有机会就放炮
Mr. Biegler, you will not sound off at every opportunity.
被告在座位上坐好 把嘴巴闭上
And the defendant will remain seated in his chair and keep his mouth shut.
-现在继续吧 -米勒先生
-Now go ahead. -Mr. Miller…
你肯定曼尼昂中尉说的是:
are you certain that Lt. Manion said…
“我搞掂啦 伙计”?
“I’ve got it made, buster”?
他就是这么说的
That’s what he said.
米勒先生 曼尼昂中尉还说了其它什么吗?
Did Lt. Manion say anything else?
是的 先生 他说他出去后
Yes, sir. He said when he got out…
要做的第一件事就是
the first thing he was gonna do
一脚把那个婊♥子♥…
was kick that bitch…
从这儿踢到天国去
from here to kingdom come.
-他指的是谁? -他妻子
-To whom was he referring? -To his wife.
你的证人 比格勒先生
Your witness.
你为什么入狱 米勒先生?
What are you in jail for, Mr. Miller?
纵火
Arson.
我认罪了 正等候判决
I copped out, and I’m waiting for a sentence.
你还犯有多少其它的罪?
How many other offenses have you committed?
小时候进过教♥养♥院♥ 就这些了
I was in reform school as a kid, but that’s all.
法官大人
Your Honor, I’d like to see
我想看一下这个人的犯罪记录
this man’s criminal record.
你有他的记录吗 罗德威克先生?
Do you have his record, Mr. Lodwick?
有 大人
Yes, sir.
给你
Here it is.
你的记录显示你曾六次入狱
Your record shows you’ve been in prison six times…
在三个不同的州…
in three different states…
三项纵火罪 两项致命武器袭击罪
three times for arson, twice for assault with a deadly weapon…
一项盗窃罪
once for larceny.
记录还显示了你在四座城市监狱服过短刑
Also shows you’ve done short stretches in four city jails…
受到的指控是有伤风化的暴露
on charges of indecent exposure…
窗口偷♥窥♥ 作伪证
window-peeping, perjury…
和扰乱治安
and disorderly conduct.
这是你的真实记录吗?
Is this your true record?
那些玩意儿从没对过
Them things are never right.
你是怎么透信息给控方的
How did you get the ear of the prosecution…
说想告诉他们你和曼尼昂中尉的谈话?
in order to tell them about the conversation you had with Lt. Manion?
地方检察官把我们带到他办公室
The D.A. was taking us into his office.
带谁到他办公室?
Taking who into his office?
我们监狱里的犯人
Us prisoners in the jail.
一下子都去 还是一次一个?
All at once, or one at a time?
一次一个 他和那个律师…
One at a time. Him and that other lawyer…
把我们带到他办公室
took us to his office and asked us questions
问我们有关曼尼昂中尉的问题
about Lt. Manion.
有没有人允诺你 如果你出庭作证
Were you promised a lighter sentence
将对你从轻发落?
if you went on the witness stand?
法官大人 公诉方反对…
Your Honor, the people object to…
反对无效 回答问题
Overruled. Answer the question.
没人允诺我任何事情
I wasn’t promised anything.
你以为那会对你自己的麻烦有帮助
You thought it’d help your troubles…
要是捏造一个这样的故事
if you dreamed up this story

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!