Did you know the husband?
-他是我手下的 -你是说你们是伙伴?
-He was in my outfit down there. -You mean, you were buddies?
好吧 我不接着问了
I’ll withdraw the question.
可能显得有些不合时宜
It’s a little old-fashioned.
你们两个的婚姻中
Have there been any children by or
有没有孩子来自于哪一方呢?
from any of these marriages?
-没有 -对将来有什么打算吗?
-No. -Any present prospects?
没什么特别的 直到巴尼·奎尔这件事
Not unless Barney Quill started something.
你用什么枪打的奎尔?
What kind of a gun did you use?
战争后留下的 是把鲁格尔手♥枪♥
War souvenir. A Luger.
现在在警♥察♥这儿
The police have it now.
我想你读过报纸上登的
I suppose you’ve read the newspapers,
有关你案子的那些事吧?
the stories about your case.
读过一些
Some of them.
那它们是不是基本属实呢?
Are they substantially correct?
是的
Yes.
那么你并没有看见奎尔强♥奸♥并殴打你的妻子?
And you didn’t see Quill rape and beat your wife?
是的 没有
No. No.
当她回来后…
When she got back…
回到我们的车房♥后
to the trailer,
她告诉我所发生的事
she told me what had happened.
在你去奎尔的酒吧并杀死他之前
And how long was it before
那有多长时间?
you went over to Quill’s and killed him?
我不知道精确的时间 可能有一小时吧
I don’t know exactly. Maybe an hour.
那么长时间 嗯?
That long, huh?
报纸上说你妻子自愿接受测谎仪测试
The newspapers say that your wife volunteered to take a lie detector test.
这你知道吗?
Do you know anything about this?
我是从报纸上读到的 她也是这样跟我说的
Only what I read and what she told me.
你知道测谎仪的测试结果吗?
Do you know how the lie detector test turned out?
他们没告诉她
They didn’t tell her.
什么事 苏罗?
Yes, Sulo?
监狱里的中饭好了
We got lunch served for the jail.
你想和我们一起吃吗?
You want to eat with us?
你姐姐还在监狱里做饭?
Your sister still cook for the jail?
噢 是的 她还在做
Oh, sure. She cooks.
那么请转达我对她的问候 苏罗
Well, you give her my compliments, Sulo.
我在市里还有个午餐约会
I’ve got a luncheon date downtown.
走好 比格勒先生
Nice going, Mr. Biegler.
午饭后我会回来
I’ll be back after lunch.
你瞧 如果刚才有所冒犯的话
Look, I’m sorry
请你原谅
if I offended you a while ago.
不 你没有
No, you’re not.
行了 伙计
Come on, bucko.
谢谢
Thank you.
把盐递给我 保利
Pass the salt, Paulie.
谢谢
Thank you.
你有没有给中尉好好地上一课呢?
Did you give the lieutenant the well known lecture?
如果你是问我有没有
If you mean, did I coach him
教他编个谎 回答是”没有”
into a phony story, no.
也许你太单纯了 保罗
Maybe you’re too pure, Paul.
对法律中所固有的缺陷来说
Too pure for
你太单纯了
the natural impurities of the law.
要么你就给中尉个机会
Could be that you owe the lieutenant the chance to
让他另外请人替他辩护
find a defense.
要么你就稍微点拨他一下 给他指条道
Could also be that you might guide him a little, show him the way…
让他自己决定何去何从
and let him decide if he wants to take it.
-要盐吗? -不 我还没剥完
-Want some salt? -No, I’m not ready.
总之 我不是做这家伙律师的合适人选
Anyway, I’m not the right lawyer for this fellow.
他有点傲慢 有点敌意…
He’s insolent, hostile…
你没必要喜欢上他 替他辩护就成
You don’t have to love him. Just defend him.
怎么回事儿? 你不缺钱啦?
What’s the matter? Don’t you need a fee?
你知道吗?
You know something?
我倒是认为 你可能有点害怕了
I think you might be a little bit afraid.
害怕什么?
Afraid of what?
害怕你可能会栽在这上面
That you might get licked.
你知道比费城律师”精明的律师”
You know, there’s only one thing more devious
更加狡猾的是谁吗?
than a Philadelphia lawyer…
那就是爱尔兰律师”麦卡锡是爱尔兰姓”
and that’s an Irish lawyer.
把盐给我
Pass the salt.
放下来 放下来
Put it down.
嗨 你好
Hello there.
我通常只对叫我保罗的人打招呼
I usually answer to the name Paul.
你还有别的笑话吗?
You gonna have some more jokes?
除非你想成为滑稽演员
Not unless you want to be the comic.
噢 我给你带了些烟卷
Oh, I brought you some cigarettes.
-哦 谢谢了! -讲和了?
-Oh, thanks. -Peace?
-当然 -那好 很好 那么中尉
-Sure. -Fine, fine. Now, Lieutenant…
有四种方式我可以替谋杀案辩护:
there are four ways I can defend murder.
第一那不是谋杀 那是自杀或者事故
Number one, it wasn’t murder. It was suicide or accidental.
第二 不是你干的
Number two, you didn’t do it.
第三 可以证明你的合法性
Number three, you were legally justified…
比如说为了保护你的家人或是正当防卫
like the protection of your home or self-defense.
第四 你有杀人的理由
Number four, the killing was excusable.
那么我符合这美好前景的哪一条呢?
Where do I fit in to this rosy picture?
我先来告诉你你不符合哪一条吧
I’ll tell you where you don’t fit in.
其实前三条你都不符合
You don’t fit in any of the first three.
为什么? 为什么不能证明
Why? Why wouldn’t I be legally justified
我杀死强♥奸♥我妻子的人是合法的?
in killing the man who raped my wife?
时间因素
Time element.
如果你是当场抓住他的
If you’d caught him in the act,
那么也许可以证明你开枪合法
the shooting might have been justified…
但是你并没有当场抓住他
but you didn’t catch him in the act,
而且你有时间叫警♥察♥
and you had time to bring the police…
这你也没做
and you didn’t do that either.
你会因谋杀而被判有罪…
You’re guilty of murder…
预谋的 报复性的谋杀罪
premeditated and with vengeance.
在任何法庭 这都是一级谋杀罪
That’s first-degree murder in any court of law.
你是不是想让我服罪?
Are you telling me to plead guilty?
如果我建议你认罪 我会告诉你的
When I advise a cop out, you’ll know.
-认罪? -就是服罪并请求宽恕
-Cop out? -That’s plead guilty and ask for mercy.
如果你这不是在建议我认罪
If you’re not telling me to cop out,
那么你是在建议我♥干♥嘛?
what are you telling me to do?
我没建议你干任何事情
I’m not telling you to do anything.
我只是想让你了解下法律上是怎么说的
I just want you to understand the letter of the law.
-那你就继续 -继续什么?
-Go on. -Go on with what?
继续你想说的啊
Whatever it is you’re getting at.
你知道 你很聪明 中尉
You know, you’re very bright, Lieutenant.
那就让我们看看你究竟能有多聪明
Now let’s see how really bright you can be.
好吧 那我就加把劲
Well, I’m working at it.
好的 听着 因为你妻子遭到强♥奸♥
All right. Now, because your wife was raped…
在法庭上 会形成有利于你的氛围
you’ll have a favorable atmosphere in the courtroom.
如果所有情况都属实的话
The sympathy will be with you
你会受到同情
if all the facts are true.
你所需要的是某种法律上的借口
What you need is a legal peg so the jury can hang
这样陪审团就会站在你的角度上同情你
their sympathy in your behalf.
你明白我的意思吗?
You follow me?
那么你的合法借口是什么呢 中尉?
What’s your legal excuse, Lieutenant?
你杀死巴尼·奎尔的合法借口是什么?
What’s your legal excuse for killing Barney Quill?
没有正当理由哈?
Not justification?
没有正当理由
Not justification.
借口
Excuse.
正当的借口
Just excuse.
有什么借口呢?
What excuses are there?
我怎么知道? 是你把奎尔干掉的
How should I know? You’re the one that plugged Quill.
-我当时可能”气”疯了 -什么意思?
-I must’ve been mad. -How’s that?
我说我当时可能”气”疯了
I said I must’ve been mad.
不 恶劣情绪不能作为借口
No, bad temper’s no excuse.
我是说 我可能发疯了
I mean, I must’ve been crazy.
这样是不是有点希望了?
Am I getting warmer?
好吧 我们回头再见
Okay. See you around.
这样是不是有点希望了?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!