Hey. You’re coming back, aren’t you?
你说呢?
What do you think?
回头见 “醉眼”
See you later, Pie-Eye.
好的
Okay.
你收到我的电♥话♥留言啦?
Did you get my phone message?
是的 但是我很忙
Yeah, but I got busy.
为什么你没去看你丈夫?
Why haven’t you been to see your husband?
不明白为什么要每天去看他
I don’t see why I have to see him every day.
我认为你每天都去是个不错的主意
I think it would be a very good idea if you did.
好吧 我会每天去看他 行了吧?
All right, I’ll see him every day. Okay?
不 还不行 你的车在哪儿?
No, not okay. Where’s your car?
我跟他们一起来的
I came with them.
我的车就在那儿 跟我来
Mine’s right over here. Come on.
慢着 我朋友还在里面呢!
Wait. I’ve got friends inside.
什么朋友不朋友的 你现在就回家去
Friends or not, you’re going home.
你以为你是谁?
Who do you think you are?
我是那位想帮你丈夫 打赢官司的律师
I’m the lawyer trying to beat a rap for your husband,
记起来了?
remember?
那又怎么…
What’s that got to do with…
你听好了! 你听好了!
You listen to me.
在结案之前
Until this trial’s over,
你必须是一个温顺的小娇妻
you’re going to be a meek little housewife…
戴一副角质架的眼镜
with horn-rimmed spectacles…
你必须远离这些男人和路边酒馆
and you’re going to stay away from men and juke joints…
不再喝酒和玩弹球游戏
and booze and pinball machines…
你必须穿着裙服和低跟的鞋子
and you’re going to wear a skirt and
你必须束着腰带
low-heeled shoes and a girdle.
特别是要束腰带 你看 劳拉…
And especially a girdle. Look, Laura…
相信我 我通常并不讨厌女士们
believe me, I don’t usually complain of
富于魅力的摇曳身姿
an attractive jiggle…
但是你最好还是将你的摇曳身姿
but you save that jiggle for
留给你丈夫去观赏吧
your husband to look at…
要是我能尽快把他弄出监狱的话
if and when I get him out of jail.
行了 我们走吧
Come on. Let’s go.
我很抱歉 真的很抱歉 再怎么样
I’m sorry. I really am.
我也不想毁掉曼尼的机会
I wouldn’t hurt Manny’s chances for anything.
走吧
Come on.
这里是巴尼殴打你的地方吗?
Is this about where Barney knocked you down?
是的 就在这里
Yeah, right over here.
那儿的篱笆上有道门
Over there’s the opening in the fence where
毛毛咬着便携灯…
Muffy was running…
在那儿跑进跑出
back and forth with the flashlight.
你们的车房♥在哪儿?
Where’s your trailer?
在那边山上
Up there on the hill.
这是我最喜欢的地方
This is my favorite place.
有时我会等曼尼熟睡后
Sometimes when Manny was sleeping
一个人走出来 就这样坐着
I’d come out here and just sit.
我不得不从车房♥里出来
I had to get out of that trailer.
我受不了被关在里面的感觉
I couldn’t stand being cooped up.
我… 我感到孤独 包罗
I’m… I’m lonely, Paul.
非常孤独
I’m awful lonely.
要是不孤独的话我也不会
I wouldn’t have gone to that roadhouse if
去路边酒馆了 你知道
it weren’t for that, you know.
也许你应该开始准备着习惯孤独了
Maybe you were getting in some good practice being lonely.
你的意思是也许曼尼出不了狱?
You mean you think maybe Manny won’t get off?
那得取决于陪审团
That’ll be up to the jury,
你永远也说不准他们会如何裁决
and you can never tell about them.
如果他出不了狱
If he didn’t,
还有一种方式可以了结这一切
it’d be one way to end it.
不 我不是这个意思 我…
No, I don’t mean that.
有时我也会这样想
I may think it sometimes,
但是我真的不愿意这样做
but I don’t really want it.
你好 亲爱的 你想我了吗?
Hello, sweetie. Did you miss me?
当然你想我了
Of course you missed me.
你想进去吗 保罗?
You wanna come in, Paul?
如果你愿意 你可以进去 你知道
You can if you want to, you know.
不了 谢谢 劳拉
No thank you, Laura.
对不起
I’m sorry
我刚才不得不扫了你的兴在那儿
I had to spoil your fun over at that place.
晚安 劳拉
Good night, Laura.
晚安
Good night.
注意 注意 注意!
Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye.
铁峭壁县巡回法庭现在开庭
The circuit court for the county of Iron Cliffs is now in session.
你们可以坐下
You can be seated.
你们有些人可能不认识我
For those of you I haven’t met,
我的名字是威弗
my name is Weaver.
我从本州南面过来 将临时主持本庭
I’m from downstate, and I’m sitting temporarily…
因为你们杰出的梅特兰法官
while your good Judge Maitland is
正身患重疾有待康复
recovering from a severe illness.
我想没有必要作宏篇大论
There’s no need to dwell
来介绍我的办案方式
at length upon my methods.
因为所有法官都大同小异
One judge is quite like another.
也许细微的差别在于
The only difference is maybe
他们消化力(领悟力)的强弱
in the state of their digestions…
或者是不是很容易在法官席上昏昏欲睡
or their proclivities for sleeping on the bench.
就我而言 我可以消化掉铁铸的猪
For myself, I can digest pig iron.
当然 也许我时不时地会打个盹
And while I might appear to doze occasionally…
但是 你们会发现我也很容易被弄醒
you’ll find that I’m easily awakened…
特别是被一个好律师的精妙的
particularly if shaken gently by a good lawyer…
法律观点轻轻摇醒
with a nice point of law.
现在我们来看一下待判决的刑事诉讼表
We will now take up the criminal docket.
案子一
Case number one…
对克拉伦斯·马迪根提起的公诉…
The People v. Clarence Madigan…
在夜间强行侵入他人住♥宅♥
breaking and entering in the nighttime.
被告起立上前?
Will the defendant rise and come forward?
是我 法官大人
That’s me, Your Honor.
密歇根州 铁峭壁县法庭:
State of Michigan, court of Iron Cliffs…
我 米切尔·罗德威克 地方检察官
I, Mitchell Lodwick, prosecuting attorney,
前来铁峭壁县法庭…
come into Iron Cliffs…
指证克拉伦斯·马迪根
and give the court to understand that one Clarence Madigan…
别名”一口闷”·马迪根
alias “One-Shot” Madigan,
别名”老烟枪”·马迪根
alias “Smoky” Madigan…
确实强行侵入了卡斯帕·卡茨的住♥宅♥
did break and enter the dwelling house of Casper Katz…
并在前述的建筑物内 犯下了盗窃罪
and did there commit the felony of larceny on said premises.
马迪根先生有辩护律师吗?
Does Mr. Madigan have an attorney?
噢 没有 一个人得有钱才能
No. A man’s gotta have money to ask them
买♥♥得起律师的时间啊
fellas the time of day.
马迪根先生 如果你没有钱
Mr. Madigan, if you’re impoverished…
我有义务给你指派个律师
it’s my duty to appoint an attorney on your behalf.
我想没必要麻烦了 法官大人
I wouldn’t bother, Your Honor.
我偷了威士忌 罪责难逃
I stole the whisky. I’m guilty as hell.
是一整箱贵重的波旁威士忌 法官大人
It was a full case of expensive bourbon, Your Honor.
你把这些威士忌卖♥♥掉了吗?
Did you sell this whisky?
噢 不 我喝掉了
No. I drank it.
-都喝掉啦? -你不信吗 法官?
-All of it? -You bet, Judge.
你知不知道你因犯此罪而不得不接受惩罚?
Are you aware that it will be necessary to punish you for this crime?
我罪有应得 法官大人
It was worth it.
好吧 我接受你的服罪 马迪根先生
Well, I’ll accept your plea of guilty, Mr. Madigan.
判决会过后下达
You’ll be sentenced later.
现在你可以回到位子上去了
You may now return to your place.
谢谢 法官大人
Thanks, Your Honor.
案子二:
Case number two…
对弗雷德里克·曼尼昂的公诉
The People v. Frederick Manion,
罪名是… 蓄意杀人
The charge… murder.
我是保罗·比格勒 被告律师
Paul Biegler for the defendant.
我的正式材料已交法庭归档
My formal appearance is already on file.
这些人当中哪一位是你的委托人呢
Which of these men is your client,
比格勒先生?
Mr. Biegler?
一个都不是
None of them.
庭警 你能把在押人带上来吗?
Sheriff, will you produce the prisoner?
呃… 我 恐怕我做不到

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!