所以我们 可以推断自己是受欢迎的
So we can be friends, we are agreed.
瞧 上尉 我的祖父
See, Captain, when my grandfather…
和叔父刚来时
and my uncle’s father came here…
这里一片荒芜
there was nothing–nothing.
越南什么也不是
The Vietnamese were nothing.
于是我们非常努力地工作
So we worked hard…
从巴西运来橡胶树
the rubber from Brazil,
种植在这里
and then plant it here.
我们雇用越南人 和他们一起干活
We took the Vietnamese, work with them…
从无到有
make something–something out of nothing.
你问我为何我们想留下 上尉
So when you ask me why we want to stay here, Captain…
我们想留下 因为这地方是我们的
we want to stay here because it’s ours
它属于我们 令我们的家人团结
it belongs to us.It keeps our family together.
我们为此而战
I mean, we fiIght for that.
而你们美国人
While you Americans, you are fiIghting for…
却为史上最虚无的东西而战
the biggest nothing in history.
对不起 上尉
I’m sorry, Captain.
我会去看看你们的人
I will see if your men need any help
是否需要东西修船
to repair your boat…
好继续你们的战争
so that you can go on with your war.
我为我的家人向你道歉 上尉
I apologize for my family, Captain.
我们都在这里失去了很多
We have all lost much here.
赫伯特失去了妻子和两个孩子
Hubert–his wife and two sons.
我失去了丈夫
And I have lost a husband.
我明白了
I understand.
你厌倦了战争
You are tired of the war.
我能从你脸上看出来
I can see it in your face.
和法国士兵眼神里的一个样
‘Twas the same in the eyes of the soldiers of our war.
我们称他们为
We called them ”Les Soldats Perdus–”
迷失的士兵
The Lost Soldiers.
如果你愿意 我们可以来点科纳克白兰地
If you like, we can have some cognac.
不了
No.I…
我得去找我的部下 而且
I have to–to see about my men and–
明天 这里还会有战争
The war will be still here tomorrow.
是的 我想你是对的
Yeah, I guess you’re right.
我注意到你晚餐时没喝酒
I noticed you had no wine at dinner.
我不喝酒
No, I don’t drink wine.
我是喜欢科纳克
I do like cognac,
但现在不想喝 谢谢
but I don’t want any now. Thank you.
好吧
Well…
我只好一个人喝了
then I–I must drink alone.
你战后会回美国吗?
Will you go back after the war to America?
不会
No.
那你跟我们一样 家就在这
Then you’re like us–your home is here.
你知道人为什么
Do you know why you can never step
不能两次踏入同一条河流吗?
into the same river twice?
知道 因为它总在流动
Yeah. ‘Cause it’s always moving.
我以前常为丈夫准备一管
I used to prepare a pipe for my husband.
他心脏受伤 要靠吗♥啡♥止痛
‘Twas the morphine he took for the wounds he suffered in his heart.
我那迷失的士兵 会大吵大嚷
He would rage and he would cry, my lost soldier.
我对他说
And I said to him,
你看不到有两个你吗?
There are two of you.Don’t you see?
一个杀人 一个爱人
One that kills and one that loves.”
他对我说
And he said to me…
我不晓得自己 是畜生还是神
”I don’t know whether I’m an animal or a god.”
但你两者皆是
But you are both.
还要吗?
You want more?
重要的是 你还活着
All that matters is that you’re alive.
你还活着 上尉
You are alive, Captain.
这就是真♥相♥
That’s the truth.
你看不到有两个你吗?
There are two of you, don’t you see?
一个杀人 一个爱人
One that kills…and one that loves.
什么也看不见 停下
Can’t see nothing. We stoppin’.
你无权停船 酋长
You’re not authorized to stop this boat, Chief.
我说了什么也看不见
I said I can’t see a thing,
上尉! 我要停船
Captain. I’m stopping this boat.
我不会再拿任何人冒险
I ain’t riskin’ no more lives.
这里由我指挥 妈的
I’m in command here, goddamn it.
你要听我的
You’ll do what I say.
你看见什么了吗 大厨?
You see anything, Chef?
他们为什么不他妈的攻击?
Why don’t they fucking attack, man?
小心这 酋长
Watch it over here, Chief.
有截断树桩
Got a stump.
兰斯 上50口径机♥枪♥
Lance,On the fiIfties.
他在附近
He was close.
相当近
He was real close.
我虽然看不见他 但却能感觉到
I couldn’t see him yet, but I could feel him…
就像船只被卷入上游
as if the boat were being sucked upriver…
而河水会流回丛林
and the water was flowing backinto thejungle.
无论如何
Whatever was going to happen…
都和他们在老川
it wasn’t going to be the way
形容的有天壤之别
they called it backin Nha Trang.
-有箭! -开火!
-Arrows! -Fire!
大厨 开火!
Chef, open up! Fire!
大厨 开火!
Lance, fiIre!
大厨! 没事了 停火
Chef! Chef, it’s okay. Quit fiIring.
只是玩具箭
They’re just little toy arrows.
闭嘴! 安静!
Cut it out! Quiet!
酋长 叫他们停火!
Chief, tell them to hold their fiIre!
不过是小树枝
They’re just little sticks.
想吓唬我们
They’re just trying to scare us.
安静!
Quiet!
你让我们陷入狼狈
You got us into this mess,
现在却无计可施
and now you can’t get us out…
因为你也不知道究竟要去哪 是吧?
You got us into this mess, and now you can’t get us out…
是吧?
Do ya?
你这混♥蛋♥!
You son of a bitch! You bastard!
兰斯 来开船!
Lance, get the wheel!
你们这些野蛮人 来尝尝吧! 你这混♥蛋♥!
You savages! Come and get it! You son of a bitches!
一支长矛
A spear?
我的任务是进柬埔寨
My mission is to make it up into Cambodia.
在那 有个绿色贝雷帽的上校疯了
There’s a Green Beret colonel up there who’s gone insane…
我要去处决他
and I’m supposed to kill him.
真有种!
That’s fucking typical! Shit!
他妈的越南任务
Fuckin’ Vietnam mission!
我们必须去那
I’m short and we gotta go up there
好让你杀个自己人?
so you can kill one of our own guys?
真♥他♥妈♥的好!
That’s fucking great!
真♥他♥妈♥的发疯
Shit! That’s fuckin’ crazy.
我以为你要去炸座桥
I mean, I thought you were going in to blow up a bridge…
或铁路之类的
or some fuckin’ railroad tracks or somethin’.
-对不起 -不 等等
-That’s all right. -No. No, wait. Wait.
我们一起坐船去
We’ll go together, on the boat. We’ll go with you.
一起坐船去 好吗?
We’ll go up there, but on the boat. Okay?
我对到那后
Part of me was afraid of what I would find…
会发现和要做的事 有点恐惧
and what I would do when I got there.
我知道有危险
I knew the risks…
或假装自己知道
or imagined I knew.
但比恐惧感觉更强烈的
But the thing I felt the most…much stronger than fear…
是渴望面对他
was the desire to confront him.
继续前进
Just keep movin’.
兰斯 手离枪远点
Lance, keep your hands away from the guns.
没事! 允许你们进来了!
It’s all right! It’s all right! It’s all been approved!
我才不进去! 那些混♥蛋♥会袭击我们!
I ain’t comin’ in there! Them bastards attacked us!
用汽笛吓跑他们!
Hey, zap ’em with your siren, man. Zap ’em with your siren.
那有水雷! 那也有!
There’s mines over there and mines over there too.
小心 那些该死的猴子会咬人
And watch out. Those goddamn monkeys will bite you, I’ll tell you.
真不错 朝着我开
Ah, that’s a pretty one. Move it right in towards me.
我是美国人! 美国平民
I’m an American.Yeah. An American civilian.
嗨 美♥国♥佬♥
Hi, Yanks.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!