She said, “Tell me who my real parents are.”
她说”告诉我谁是我的亲生父母”
And until we told her, she wouldn’t eat.
除非我们告诉她 否则她就不吃东西
We’d have to force her mouth open and she was a biter.
我们不得不逼她张嘴 她咬起人来还真厉害
Let me tell you.
我告诉你吧
We had to pour chicken soup down through a funnel.
我们不得不用漏斗给她灌鸡汤
And she would be gone sometimes for days.
她有时还会失踪几天
Who knows where? Greenwich Village.
谁知道她去了哪儿 格林威治村
And so I had to lock her up in the attic.
所以我不得不把她锁在阁楼里
Dr Kupner, thank God for him.
感谢上帝 多亏了有库伯医生
He arranged for the mental hospital,
他安排了精神病院
the latest, the best treatment,
用最新最好的疗法
the shocking electric… something. Never mind the expense.
像电击之类的 从来没考虑过治疗费用
We would do without.
我们可以不花那钱的
But, you know, was she grateful?
但是 她有感激过吗
No, she would yell in front of everybody at the hospital,
没有 她在医院里对每个人♥大♥喊大叫
“Dr Kupner, you felt up my tits.”
“库伯医生 你乱摸我的乳♥房♥♥”
Language like this, from a young girl,
像这样的话 从一个小姑娘的口中说出
you can imagine?
你能想象吗
And then she would come home.
然后她回家了
You know what she did for a thank you?
你知道她用什么来表示感谢吗
She sat in the bathtub, she cut open her wrists,
她坐在浴缸里 割腕
the ambulance is sitting outside.
救护车就在外面
People are peeking through their curtains.
人们透过窗帘在看着
My wife was so ashamed,
我的妻子感到很丢人
she couldn’t leave the apartment for a week!
整整一周都没能踏出家门
Anyway, you shouldn’t blame yourself,
不管怎么说 你不该自责
Mr Panofsky,
帕诺夫斯基先生
because she did it before.
因为她这么做不止一次了
I think you should leave.
我觉得你该走了
I’ve upset you.
我惹到你了
Get out of here.
滚出去
Get out? What, do you talk like this to an older man?
滚出去 你就是这么对长辈说话的吗
I just lost a daughter.
我刚刚失去了女儿
So high and mighty you’re getting with me, huh.
你对我都这么趾高气扬
You couldn’t have made her so happy,
你也不可能让她开心过
either, or she would not have done that to herself.
否则她不会那样对自己的
I’ll throw your ass down the stairs. I don’t care.
我会把你从楼梯上扔下去 我不在乎
The man at the embassy told me it took two days…
大使♥馆♥的男人告诉 你用了两天时间
Two days for you to find her!
两天时间才找到她
Where were you, her loving husband, where were you?
你在哪儿 她深爱的丈夫 你在哪儿
Get out! Where were you?
滚出去 你在哪儿
Get out now!
现在就滚
Abe! Did you hear what happened last night?
亚伯 你听说昨晚发的事了吗
Some Nazi punks took a shit right on the steps of Beth Zion.
几个纳粹流氓把大便扔在犹太庙的台阶上
Yeah, that’s right.
是的 没错
And that’s why you cannot be complacent with your support.
因此你不能对已有支持自鸣得意
We need Israel.
我们需要犹太人
Look, I don’t need to tell you where things like this can lead.
你不用我告诉你这种事的后果吧
Starts out with a turd, next thing you know,
刚开始是扔粪 接下来
we’re wearing armbands again.
我们就该戴袖章起义了
Excellent.
很好
And, Abe, I’ll see you Friday night for dinner, right?
还有亚伯 周五晚一起吃饭好吗
Great.
很好
Donations go through the roof when shit like this happens.
捐赠会因为发生这种破事而被拖累
Let’s eat.
去吃饭吧
Fundraising, this is how you make real connections, Barney.
筹募资金 这才是你的真正人脉 巴尼
I’ll give you the target’s annual income,
我会给你筹资对象的年收入资料
not the numbers on his tax returns, the real numbers.
不是他们纳税所报的数目 是真正的数据
It could happen here, you tell him.
你告诉他 事情可能发生在这里
Israel is our insurance policy.
犹太人是我们担♥保♥
It could happen here. Israel is our insurance policy…
事情可能发生在这里 犹太人是我们担♥保♥
Who’s to say that it can’t happen here.
谁也没准事情不会发生在这儿
Israel is our insurance policy.
犹太人是我们的保证
And I hate to say it, but it could happen here.
我讨厌这么说 但这里也有可能发生
Gentlemen, I need to borrow my nephew here for a moment.
先生 我需要把我的侄子借走一会儿
What did I tell you, producing,
我怎么告诉你的 制片
fundraising, it’s all the same dance.
筹资 都是一样的
Now listen to me. I’ve got a girl I want you to meet.
现在听我说 我想带你见一个姑娘
Darling. Hi…
亲爱的 好啊
Dexey, back from Florida.
黛西 从佛罗里达回来了
Irv, I don’t need to be set up.
俄弗 我没必要相亲
Listen, she’s got it all, she comes from a very good family.
她很完美 家境很好
She’s got a master’s from McGill and she’s a good-looker.
麦吉尔大学的硕士 长得也很漂亮
Sweetie.
亲爱的
Yeah, you’re right. Sweetie, this is him.
没错 说得对 宝贝 他来了
Hello. You’re Barney.
你好 你是巴尼
So, throughout the entire second year of my master’s degree,
在我读硕士的第二年
I have a master’s degree,
我有个硕士学位
I had this reoccurring dream where I’m 16 again
我做着同样一个梦 梦里我又回到了十六岁
and I’m standing in Reuben’s Butcher Shop
我站在圣维亚特街[位于蒙特利尔]上的
on St Viateur.
鲁宾肉店前
And I have this long pigtail and it has a ribbon in it,
梳着长辫子 辫子上还缠着缎带
which my Aunt Sarah brought back from Saks, in New York City.
那是我姨妈萨拉从纽约萨克斯带回来的
And did you know Reuben? He was such a card.
你知道鲁宾吗 他真是个活宝
When I was 10,
我十岁的时候
he would always come around
他就经常从柜台后走出来
from behind the counter and he would go,
然后对我说
“How come a beauty like you isn’t married yet?”
“你这么漂亮的人怎么可能还没结婚”
I was only 10, which is…
我那时才十岁 真是…
and I’m not married now.
我现在也没有结婚
Is your dad really a cop? Is he?
你♥爸♥真是警♥察♥吗 是吗
Is that true? ‘Cause I heard he was a cop.
是真的吗 我听说他是警♥察♥
That’s why you’re not a
难怪你没有像我认识的
square like all the other Jewish boys I know.
其他犹太男孩那么乏味
Button up your jacket. I don’t want to.
把上衣扣好了 不想扣
Why? Yours isn’t buttoned.
为什么 你的不也没扣上
Mine doesn’t fit as well.
我是因为这衣服不太合身
It’s the housekeeper, Dad. Swanky.
她是女管家 爸爸 真有钱
Go ahead.
进吧
So, Mr Panofsky, you must have a lot of interesting stories,
帕诺夫斯基先生 作为一位刑♥警♥
you know, having been a detective and all.
你肯定有很多有趣故事吧
Gorgeous, please call me Izzy.
美人 叫我依奇就行了
And I was just a beat cop.
而且我也只是个巡警
I mean, Jews don’t get promoted to detective in this town.
在这里 犹太人很难被提拔为刑♥警♥的
Oh. Did you ever encounter anti-Semitism in your profession?
那你办案中碰到过排犹事件吗
What do you think? Let me give you an example.
你说呢 我给你举个例子
One of my first shifts on the job,
有次我轮头班出勤
I corner four guys doing a dope deal in an alley,
我在胡同里抓到四个正在贩毒的家伙
big score for a rookie.
对菜鸟的我来说是大事
So, you know, I call in for backup
所以我打电♥话♥求援
because the rules say you can only put three in a patrol car.
因为规定说 一辆车里只能塞三个犯人
And, you know, I’m playing it by the book.
我从来都是照章办事
The dispatcher says to me,
但调度员跟我说
“Your people are good with numbers, you figure it out.”
“你们犹太人不是很会算吗 自己想办法吧”
So I toss three in the back, and the fourth I throw over the hood
所以我把三个扔进了车 把第四个放在
and I handcuff him to the… Side mirror.
前车盖上 手拷在 后视镜镜上
There you go. Haul them all in.
对 就这么把他们全带回去了
Oh, my God, that sounds so dangerous.
天啊 听起来蛮危险的
Only when he blocked my view.
仅在他挡住我视线时
That’s funny.
真有意思
Are you saying you were
你是说你无缘无故
gratuitously violent with suspected felons?
对那些嫌疑犯暴♥力♥了吗
Gratuitously? No, I always got paid.
无偿的吗 不 我当然要拿钱
I ain’t going to work for free.
我可不白干活
He means unnecessarily, Dad.
他意思是无缘无故的 爸爸
Oh, look. When a fellow is young and you give him authority,
你看 当一个人年轻气盛又有那么点权利
he likes to push people around.
不打白不打
But I always knew that my name was Israel Panofsky,
但我一直知道我是犹太人帕诺夫斯基
and you know, I knew I had to be extra careful
我知道我得格外小心
and I was, most of the time.
并且大部分时候我都小心的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!