别那样震惊
Well, don’t look so shocked.
没人能证明他是黑♥手♥党♥
They could never prove for a second
更遑论他是黑♥手♥党♥首领 亲爱的
that he was even part of the Mafia, much less head of it, my dear.
他只是隐瞒入息税而已
The only thing they did prove was that he cheated his income tax a little.
我只知道他是个可爱的老头子
Anyway, all I know is that he’s a darling old man.
他不是我的情人
Oh, he was never my lover or anything like that.
事实上 他坐牢后我才认识他
In fact, I never knew him until after he was in prison.
但我现在很喜欢他了
But I adore him now.
这七个月来 我每个星期四都去探望他
I mean, I’ve been going to see him every Thursday for seven months.
即使他不给我钱 我也会探望他
Now I think I’d go even if he didn’t pay me.
-鞋子 -我只找到一只
-Shoes. -I could only find one.
他给你钱吗
He pays you?
应该说是他的律师给我钱
That’s right. Or anyway his lawyer does.
我怀疑他是不是律师
If he is a lawyer, which I doubt, since he doesn’t seem to have an office,
只能透过电♥话♥代接站找他
only an answering service.
我们只相约在汉堡天堂见面
And he always wants to meet you at Hamburger Heaven.
鞋子在这儿 谢谢你
There you are, you sneak. Thank you.
别客气
You’re welcome.
裙子
Dress.
在这儿 手袋 还有帽子
Here we are. Bag and a hat, too.
在那儿
There we are.
那所谓律师奥西力 七个月前问我
Anyway, about seven months ago, this so-called lawyer, Mr. O’Shaughnessy,
是否有兴趣讨一个孤单的老头高兴
asked me how I’d like to cheer up a lonely old man,
每周可赚一百元
and pick up $100 a week at the same time.
我跟他说 你找错人了
I told him, “Look, darling, you’ve got the wrong Holly Golightly.”
女孩上一趟化妆室便赚到这钱
A girl can do as well as that on trips to the powder room.
任何绅士会给女孩
I mean, any gentleman with the slightest chic
50元上化妆室
will give a girl a $50 bill for the powder room.
还有50元计程车费
And I always ask for cab fare, too. That’s another $50.
跟着他说代表杜沙利找我
But then he said his client was Sally Tomato.
他在埃尔默看过我
He said dear old Sally had seen me at Elmo’s or somewhere,
远远一看便已钟情
and had admired me a la distance.
我能否每周探望他一次
So wouldn’t it be a good deed if I were to visit him once a week?
我怎能拒绝 这事太浪漫了
Well, how could I say no? It was all so wildly romantic.
我打扮得如何
How do I look?
很漂亮 我也为你着迷
Very good. I must say I’m amazed.
还是多得你帮忙
You were a darling to help, I could never have done it without you.
-手袋 -随时找我
-Bag. -Call me anytime.
我住在楼上 我稍后便会搬来
I’m just upstairs, or I will be as soon as I get moved in.
猫咪 再见
Bye, cat.
你和他见面一小时 他便给你100元
You mean he gives you $100 for an hour’s conversation?
只要我把天气报告交给奥西力
Well, Mr. O’Shaughnessy does as soon as I meet him
他便给我钱
and give him the weather report.
这事与我无关
Look, it’s none of my business, but it sounds to me,
但你会惹上麻烦
like you could get in a lot of trouble.
请替我拿着 好吗
Hold this for me, will you?
天气报告是什么
And what do you mean, “weather report”?
那只是我给奥西力的口讯
Oh, that’s just a message I give Mr. O’Shaughnessy.
证明我曾探访过他的口讯
So he’ll know I’ve really been up there.
沙利会说
Sally tells me things to say like,
“古巴刮起风暴”
“There’s a hurricane in Cuba”
“巴勒莫天阴” 诸如此类
and, “It’s cloudy over Palermo.” Things like that.
别担心 我一直都是自己照顾自己
You don’t have to worry. I’ve taken care of myself for a long time.
计程车
Taxi!
-我不懂这个 -很容易的
-I never could do that. -It’s easy.
保罗
Paul.
我迟到了 我知道
I’m late. I know it.
别说你进不了门 你没拿钥匙吗
Don’t tell me you were locked out? Didn’t you get the key?
亲爱的 真对不起
Oh, darling. I’m so sorry.
不 我有钥匙
No, I got the key, all right.
邻居高小姐开门让我进来
Miss Golightly, my neighbor, was kind enough to let me in.
高小姐要到新新监狱去
Miss Golightly’s on her way to Sing Sing.
当然是去探监啊
Just visiting, of course.
高小姐 这是费拉逊太太 是我的室内设计师
Miss Golightly, Mrs. Failenson, my decorator.
-你好吗 -你好吗
-How do you do? -How do you do?
亲爱的 让我看看你
Darling. Let me look at you.
-你不要车吗 -那旅程很糟吧
-Are you through? -Was the flight absolutely ghastly?
我很匆忙
I’m in a terrible rush.
请到大中♥央♥车站 开快点 亲爱的
Grand Central Station, and step on it, darling.
我们真只分别了三周吗
Is it really only three weeks since I left you in Rome?
好像过了几年呢
Seems like years.
-你看过房♥间了吗 -还没有
-You seen the apartment? -Not yet.
我知道这样做很坏
I know it was wicked of me, but I couldn’t resist.
但我自行决定替你装♥修♥了
I went ahead and fixed it up without you.
我认为装♥修♥得很好
I think it’s darling of course,
若你不喜欢 我们可以再重新装♥修♥
but if you absolutely hate it, we can rip everything up and start from scratch.
高小姐老是这样子
Miss Golightly!
宝贝 你到哪儿去
Hey, baby! Where you going?
宝贝 快开门
Come on, baby. Open the door.
来交个朋友吧
Be a pal.
你破坏了这精彩的派对
You’re breaking up a beautiful party.
宝贝 快开门
Come on, baby. Open the door.
乐队正奏得起劲
Hey, the band’s swinging.
宝贝 来吧
Come on, baby.
高小姐 我再次抗♥议♥
Miss Golightly. Once again, I must protest!
若你不把唱机关掉
If you don’t stop that phonograph right this minute,
我便会叫警♥察♥
I’m going to call the police department!
对了 这才像样
Yeah. That’s more better.
宝贝 怎么了
What’s the matter, baby?
快点 你是乖孩子 快开门
Come on. You’re a great kid. Open the door.
宝贝 我在等你呢
Come on, baby. I’m waiting for you.
-没事的 是我 -慢着 小姐
-It’s all right. It’s only me. -Now, wait a minute. Miss.
我是高霍莉
Golightly. Holly Golightly.
我住在楼下 我们今早见过面 记得吗
I live downstairs. We met this morning, remember?
是的
Yeah.
别担心 她走了
It’s all right. She’s gone.
她这室内设计师也工作得真晚
I must say, she works late hours for a decorator.
我家来了个可怕的家伙
The thing is, I have the most terrifying man downstairs.
他不喝醉时人也不错
I mean, he’s sweet when he isn’t drunk,
但他一喝酒便不得了 像头野兽
but let him start lapping up the vino, and oh, golly, quel beast.
我觉得很厌倦 于是由窗子偷走出来
It finally got so tiresome down there, I just went out the window.
若你不喜欢可把我赶走
Look, you can throw me out if you want to,
但你在被窝里很舒服的样子 而你的朋友又走了
but you did look so cozy in here, and your decorator friend had gone home,
防火道又越来越冷
and it was beginning to get a bit cold out there on the fire escape.
听说纽约人
And I always heard people in New York
与邻居互不往来
never get to know their neighbors.
新新监狱之行如何
Well, how was Sing Sing?
很好
Fine.
我赶上了火车
I made the train and everything.
天气报告呢
And what’s the weather report?
“由布洛克岛往哈特勒斯有航行警报”
“Small-craft warnings Block Island to Hatteras.”
不管那是何解
Whatever that means.
你很好 真的
You know, you’re sweet. You really are.
你有点像我的弟弟费特
And you look a little like my brother Fred.
你介意我称你为费特吗
Do you mind if I call you Fred?
不介意
Not at all.
300元 她真慷慨
$300, she’s very generous.
是周薪 时薪 还是什么
Is it by the week, the hour or what?
好了 派对结束了 走吧
Okay, the party’s over. Out.
亲爱的费特 对不起
Oh, Fred. Darling Fred, I’m sorry.
我无意伤害你的 别生气
I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings. Don’t be angry.
我只想你知道我明白你的情况
I was just trying to let you know I understand.
我完全明白
I understand completely.
好吧 留下来好了
It’s okay, stick around. Make yourself a drink.
把袍子给我 我给你弄点喝的
Throw me my robe and I’ll make you one.
你留在床上
You stay right where you are.
你一定很累了
You must be absolutely exhausted.
已经很晚了
I mean, it is very late,
你刚才还睡熟呢
and you were sound asleep and everything.
你以为我厚着脸皮或是疯子吧
I suppose you think I’m very brazen or tres fou or something.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章修女也疯狂
下一篇文章遗愿清单
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!