She’s been murdered!
-掐死了 -掐死了
-Strangled! -Strangled?
-这是怎么搞的 -快去找人来吧
-It’s just not possible. -We’d better get some help!
-我去你守着尸体 -别开玩笑了我才不干呢
-I’ll go. You’ll stay with the body. -Are you kidding? I can’t do that!
对 不行 凶手说不定就在附近
You’re right. The murderer may still be about somewhere.
-你赶回旅馆去吧 -这就去这个我行
-Can you make it back to the hotel? -In a flash. This thing’s no problem.
你赶快回去吧
You’d better hurry!
马歇尔夫人是给掐死的
Madame Marshall has been strangled.
头部和颈部都有挫伤痕迹 证明是他杀
There are contusion marks on the head and the neck. This much is evident.
现在应该报告警♥察♥局
We must now send for the police
找一个大夫来确定她的被害时间
and acquire a doctor in order to establish the time of death.
您见过本地大夫吗 波洛先生
Have you ever met a Tyranian doctor, Monsieur Poirot?
他们的最大本事就会确定一头牛会不会拉车
The limit of their skill is determining the fitness of an ox to pull a cart.
即使这样 夫人 还得
That may be so, madame, but…
波洛先生 我求您件事
Dear Monsieur Poirot, a word in your ear.
世人都知道您的为人 一向谨慎从事 见义勇为
The whole world knows that you are a man of enormous discretion and gallantry,
您不但受到了国王和首相们的信任
a man not only privy to the secrets of kings and prime ministers,
而且您也绝不会眼睁睁看着一个女子落难
but also a man who would never willingly stand by and see a lady in trouble
而袖手旁观哪
without rushing to her aid.
我就是这样一个弱女子 求您帮助
I appeal to you now, as just such a frail woman, in need of help.
现在我求您救救我
In fact I throw myself on your mercy.
这个案子能不能不公开
Couldn’t we make this a private investigation?
一个杀人现场 大家是会有看法的
You know how peculiar people can be about a spot of murder.
要传出去一个明星在这儿
The scandal of a famous stage star…
被谋杀了 那我的生意就完了
…being murdered here would ruin my hotel.
我很抱歉 夫人
I’m very sorry, madame,
我看这个案子只能公事公办
but there is no way to avoid this becoming an official matter.
到适当的时候再这样 我也同意
In due course of time, of course I quite agree,
等案情大白 由官方宣布
when it can be released in the proper manner.
可现在您想想 人们要知道您比警♥察♥来得还早
But consider, just think what everyone will say if they were to discover
会怎么说呢 说您破不了案
that you were here ahead of the police and failed to solve the crime.
波洛先生 这可事关我们俩的声誉啊
I mean, Monsieur Poirot, both our reputations are at stake.
那洞里有股什么臭味
I bet it pongs something rotten in there.
只有海洋的气息
Only of the breath of the sea.
您说得多有诗意 波洛先生
Oh, how poetic you are, Monsieur Poirot.
您有真正的法国情调
You have the true soul of France.
是真正的比利时情调 夫人
The true soul of Belgium, madame.
哦 我忘了 您看我这人多笨
Yes, of course. How mortifyingly stupid of me!
-我请您原谅 -到适当的时候
-Oh, do please forgive me. -In due course of time.
那您同意了 先生
What do you say, monsieur?
您肯用您那无穷的智慧帮助一个落难女子吗
Will you bring your colossal brain power to the aid of a lady in distress?
用您举世闻名的才能
Will you clear up this hideous mess for me
为我查清这案子 同时守口如瓶 保守秘密
with all the brilliance and discretion for which you are world famous?
等等 夫人 在回答您的问题之前
One moment, madame. I must carry out a little investigation of my own
我要进行一点小小的调查
before answering your question.
雷德芬先生
Monsieur Redfern.
您跟加德纳夫人什么时候发现尸体的
At what time did you and Madame Gardener find the body?
那是正午12点
It was 12 o’clock exactly.
我们刚绕过那儿就听到午炮声了
That bloody gun went off as we were coming round these rocks there.
接着我就立刻让加德纳夫人回去找人
As you know I sent Mrs Gardener back for help immediately.
我什么都没碰 就摸了下尸体
I touched nothing except to make sure the body was dead.
您这样做得很对
Oh, yes, you acted quite correctly.
那最后看到马歇尔夫人活着的是我
Well, since I was the last person to see Madame Marshall alive,
我帮她把船推下水 大概是在10点20分 也就是说
when I pushed her off in her pedalo at about 10:20, it means the time of death
她可能死在10点半到12点之间
can be established as being between 10:30 and 12 noon.
您真是聪明绝顶
How absolutely brilliant!
大夫来了也只能说个大约的时间
A doctor after all could only give us an approximate time
还有她的死因很明确 我看不用去请大夫了
and how she was killed, which I know. I don’t need the help of a doctor.
先生们
Messieurs!
这实在太惨了 波洛 太惨了
It’s a terrible tragedy, Poirot. It’s terrible.
虽说阿琳娜有点轻狂 没想到会这么死
She may have been a bit flighty, Arlena, but no one would’ve wished this on her.
我们私下说说
Just between ourselves,
你看那个假钻石是她换的吧
you may have guessed, but she was the lady in question.
-从表面上来看是她 -我看这准是她
-That was not too difficult to guess. -I suppose it bloody wasn’t.
好吧 就算吃一堑长一智 我走了
Well, I’d best chalk it all up to experience and be on me way.
就不参加她的后事 不向她新婚的丈夫
There’s no point in intruding in the grief of the new husband
致哀了
and all that sort of thing.
你有没有跟阿琳娜谈过话
You had no chance to speak to Madame Arlena?
当然没有 我不是刚到这儿嘛
Of course not. I’ve only just arrived, haven’t I?
你是刚到
Yes, of course.
真要是这样我就不懂了
There’s only one thing that puzzles me in that case.
你还记得我留给你保管的那颗假钻石吗
You remember the false diamond I left in your possession?

Yes.
它怎么又会在海滩上尸体的附近出现呢
How did I happen to find it once again on the beach near the dead woman?
哦 见鬼 波洛 我是凶手会这么笨
Oh, dammit, Poirot. I’d make a right murderer, wouldn’t I?
留下我作案的线索吗
Leaving clues all over the place, eh?
-好吧我坦白 -你坦白
-Alright, I confess -You confess?
不 我只是承认我跟她说过话
No! I mean I confess I had a word with her.
船快到的时候我看见阿琳娜坐在小艇上
I was coming in on the boat and I saw Arlena on one of them pedal things
快到那海滩了
going into a beach along there.
于是我就坐了个小船摇过去了
Anyway, I stopped the boat and I rowed meself over.
这样总比当着她丈夫的面来质问她好
It’s better than confronting her in front of her husband, you know.
我们吵起来了 她矢口否认 装作不知道
We had a bit of a barney, what with her pretending to be all surprised and that.
不过后来她答应我晚上再谈
Anyroad, she promised to sort it out by tonight.
她没有告诉你真钻石在哪儿吗
She did not tell you where the real jewel was?
没有 她没有说
No, dammit, she didn’t.
对不起 波洛先生 我要去换衣服了
If you don’t mind, Monsieur Poirot. I’d like to get changed now.
我觉得有点冷 想起来都害怕
I’m getting a little chilly, what with the shock and everything.
我很喜欢阿琳娜 这您知道
I was very fond of Arlena, as you well know.
这个话不假 先生
Yes, you may well have been, monsieur.
不过男人也会杀了他们的情妇
And yet there are cases of men that have killed those women
因为这些女人不让他们回到自己心爱的妻子身旁
who made it impossible for them to return to the wives they really loved.
不过我绝不会这样
Well, I assure you, that is not the case here.
我要离婚就可以离婚
I could have taken off at any time I wanted.
而且我也不可能杀了她
Anyway you know I had nothing to do with it.
您在露台上看见我跟加德纳夫人一起坐船走的
You yourself saw me from the terrace go off in the boat with Mrs Gardener.
是这样
Oui, c’est exacte.
那我可以证明您无罪了 先生
It would seem that I am your alibi, monsieur.
请去换衣服吧
Please go and get changed.
原来缠住阿琳娜的青年就是他
So, that young man’s been sniffing round Arlena, has he?
眼力还不错
Can’t say I blame him.
对不起 霍勒斯爵士 我不能不向你指出
I’m sorry, Sir Horace, but it’s my duty to put it to you
你跟阿琳娜大吵了一场
that you were furious with Madame Arlena,
你决定要回你送她的首饰
that you were determined to get your jewel back,
你赶到这儿来向她要
you came up here in order to demand it.
她一口否认
She laughed in your face.
你一怒之下把她掐死了
You lost your temper, you strangled her…
你这是胡说 简直是胡说八道
That is poppycock! That is bloody poppycock!
就算是胡说八道 令人惋惜的是你当着我面说过
If it is poppycock, then it’s most regrettable that you said in front of me
你真想”掐死她”
that you would willingly “wring her neck”.
我那话 我那话是随口说的
Oh, that were… That was just a bit of chat, that’s all.
听着 我就跟她说 我才不当冤大头
Look. All I did was tell her that she couldn’t make a monkey out of me
说完了就把假钻石扔给了她
and I threw that bit of glass at her.
要是我杀了她 船上的水手都会看见的
Look, if I had killed her, my crew would have seen me, wouldn’t they?
他们在甲板上盯着看呢
They were all on deck, they were watching.
这帮小子睁大着眼睛想饱眼福呢
Not averse to clocking a decent bit of crumpet, my lads.
碰到这种事劲头都来了
Sometimes it’s the only thing that wakes them up.
你不信我的话 问他们
So, if you don’t believe me, ask them.
好吧 我还是要求你暂时不要离开这个岛
Très bien. All the same, I must ask you not to leave the island for the moment.
我依你的
If you insist.
不过要是我 波洛 我这就去找那丈夫
But if I were you, Poirot, I would cherchez le hubby.
要知道这种女人的底细 最好找她们的丈夫
You’ll find they’re favourite when dealing with the Arlenas of this world.
我难以接受您的慰问 波洛
It’s a little difficult to accept your condolences, Poirot,
因为您同时指控我杀了我妻子
when in the same breath you accuse me of murdering my wife
为了她有外遇
because she was unfaithful to me.
我完全能够理解
I can understand that, of course.
不过您跟我谈话总比本地警♥察♥
But I hope you realise that I’m rather easier to get on with
来盘问您要好过些吧
than the Tyranian police would be.
所以我要问您
And therefore I will ask you
今天中午11点到12点您在哪儿
where you were between 11:00 and 12:00 this morning.
很简单 我在房♥间里打字

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!