你们俩故意在敞开的窗户边上
Together, there were scenes of hysterical jealousy
相互埋怨 大吵大闹
played close to open windows.
你还不愿意谈
You don’t want to talk about it!
我说 克里斯蒂娜 我一跟漂亮女人说话
Now look here, Christine! Can’t I even speak to a pretty woman
你就疑神疑鬼 怀疑我跟她有什么关系
without you jumping to the conclusion that I’m having an affair with her?
不是吗
But you are, aren’t you?
夫人 您还一有机会就给别人
A part, you, madame, took every opportunity
这样一个印象
to give the impression
您是个弱不禁风的女人 不但不敢运动
that you are a physically frail woman who’s no good at sports
还不敢让皮肤晒到太阳
and who had to hide her skin away from the sun
晒了就会起泡 晒了就会像什么来着
because it blistered and made her look like, what was it?
像三色冰激淋
An Italian ice cream?
让人觉得您是一个怪可怜的被遗弃的妻子
And who was altogether to be pitied as a poor little helpless abandoned wife.
而先生您厚颜无♥耻♥
Whilst you, monsieur,
不遗余力地公开您的外遇
took elaborately indiscreet pains to advertise your romance,
不像一个谨慎的情人 尽量地去掩盖丑事
instead of trying to conceal it as any prudent lover would.
这确实是一个非常冒险的计划
I think you will all agree that it was a most audacious plan,
完成得很出色
brilliantly executed.
对 很出色
Oh, yes, brilliantly.
可有一样您没有说 波洛先生 动机是什么
But the one thing you have failed to supply, Monsieur Poirot, is motive.
我为什么要害死阿琳娜
Why on earth should I kill Arlena?
我太爱她了
I absolutely adored her.
通奸固然很不好 可那毕竟不是杀人
Adultery may be reprehensible, but it certainly is not criminal.
不 先生 您不是爱她 您是爱她的钱
No, monsieur, you did not adore her, you adored her money.
特别是爱那颗霍勒斯·布拉特爵士送给她的大钻石
And, more especially, the magnificent diamond offered her by Sir Horace Blatt.
教小学生拉丁语的老师薪水是很微薄的
Those who teach Latin to small boys are not exactly overpaid.
您并不是您表面上装成的这个风流倜傥的人
You’re not at all the romantic figure you like to present.
您是个无情的冒险家 一个骗子
You are a hardened adventurer and a vicious swindler,
还道德败坏 恬不知耻地
who had absolutely no moral compunction
向阿琳娜夫人借去了那颗钻石
in borrowing the diamond from Madame Arlena
后来用一颗假的调了包
and of substituting a paste copy.
请您说下去 波洛先生
Oh, pray, do continue, Monsieur Poirot.
是的 先生 彬彬有礼是这个角色的核心
Oh, yes, monsieur, politeness is very much part of the act.
您知道您的骗局迟早会败露的
You knew sooner or later your deception would be discovered.
这太对了
Too bloody right.
所以您一定要消除那个唯一能揭露您的人
And you had to eliminate the only witness capable of exposing you.
抓住这度假的机会 在一个孤零零的岛上
And what better opportunity than on holiday, in a small exclusive island,
一边策划 一边下手杀人
where you could plan and execute her murder?
请你们想象这样的场景
Picture to yourself the scene, mes amis.
在昏暗的山洞里
The half-lit grotto.
阿琳娜夫人慢慢地醒过来
Madame Arlena slowly returning to consciousness
心急火燎的帕特里克先生就准备看机会下毒手了
and the so solicitous Monsieur Patrick preparing le moment juste to strike.
帕特里克
Oh, Patrick.
突然 他掐住她脖子
Suddenly, his hands are around her throat.
她挣扎了一下
She struggles,
全剧结束了
and it is the end of poor, foolish,
可怜的 愚蠢的 美丽的姑娘
beautiful, gullible Arlena Marshall.
夫人们 小姐 先生们 这就是
And that, mesdames, mademoiselle, messieurs
阿琳娜·马歇尔被害的全部过程
is the story of the murder of Arlena Marshall.
可惜凶手没有预料到
The only thing they had not foreseen
在这个岛上会出现我赫尔克里·波洛
was the presence on this island of Hercule Poirot.
果然名不虚传 会讲故事
The well-known romancer and teller of tales.
情节生动 想像力丰富 文笔通顺流畅
Excellent plot line. Imaginatively conceived. Good, clear narrative style.
我给您打九十分 波洛
I’ll give you nine out of ten, Poirot.
扣了十分 因为您没有半点证据
I’m deducting one mark for total absence of proof.
没有吗
Is that true?
叫我们听了半天 原来您说的毫无根据
Do you mean we’ve sat here and listened to all that and you can’t prove a word of it?
很可惜 被雷德芬先生说中了
Unfortunately, Monsieur Redfern is absolutely right.
我没有半点证据
I haven’t a shred of evidence.
可是事情的全部经过是这样的
Although that is unquestionably what happened.
我看我们没有必要
Well I don’t think we need to sit here
坐在这儿受这个江湖骗子的气了
and be insulted by this fanciful little mountebank.
走 亲爱的 去收拾行李
Come along, darling. Shall we go and pack?
再有五分钟 波洛先生
Just give us five minutes, Mr Poirot,
我们也会想法说 人是您杀的
and I’m sure we’ll be able to work out how you did it.
再说呢 出事的时候您在哪儿
After all, where were you at the time of the murder?
就这样让他们跑了 连钻石也没给我追回来
You’ve let that pair get off scot-free and I haven’t even got my diamond back!
你真是吊胃口 波洛
You’ve made a right cock-up, Poirot.
哦 都来送行 真不敢当
Oh, how very kind of you to see us off!
亲爱的朋友们 再见
Well, goodbye, my dear friends.
我看没有必要留下我的地址了
I don’t think there’ll be any necessity to leave a forwarding address.
请等一等 雷德芬先生 还忘了这个
Just a moment, Mr Redfern. Haven’t you forgotten something?
付什么钱 我们受气都受够了
Why pay, Patrick? They’ve done nothing but insult us.
不 一定要付钱的
Oh, we must pay it, darling.
毕竟不能让别人把我们当骗子 对吗
After all, we wouldn’t want anybody to think we were cheats now, would we?
-支票也行吗 -当然
-I know you’ll take a cheque. -Certainly.
我还知道你在担心这支票会被退票
Of course, I also know that you’re thinking the cheque may well bounce,
不过这一次它是货真价实的
but I’m afraid that’s as good as it gets.
拿去吧 我又另外加了一点 权当小小的弥补
Here you are, dear. I’ve put a little extra on for the inconvenience.
哦 谢谢了
Thank you so much.
请允许我再说一句 卡梭女士
Would you mind me saying something, Miss Castle?
你们这一台戏演砸了 再见
Your ensemble does absolutely nothing for you. Goodbye.
请等一等 鲁波先生
Un instant, s’il vous plaît, Monsieur Ruber.
-菲利克斯·鲁波先生 -您说什么
-Monsieur Felix Ruber? -Who did you say?
-鲁波 -什么人叫鲁波
-Ruber? -Who the hell is Ruber?
菲利克斯·鲁波 艾丽丝·鲁波生前的丈夫
Felix Ruber is the widower of Alice Ruber,
鲁波太太几个月前在约克郡的旷野里
whose strangled body had been discovered on the Yorkshire moors
被人掐死了
some months ago.
特洛伊保险公♥司♥要我根据警方报告进行调查
I was called in by the Trojan Insurance Company to examine the police report.
由于鲁波太太的死亡
In the event of Mrs Ruber’s death,
她的丈夫得到了一大笔保险金
her husband was a beneficiary of a large sum of money.
警方认为凶手是个疯子或者流浪汉
The police were satisfied that it was the work of a madman or a tramp
我原先也这么认为 因为唯一有嫌疑的人
and so was I, since the only possible suspect,
她的丈夫 并不在现场
the husband, had a cast-iron alibi,
一个徒步旅行的女人发现了这尸体
which had been established by a woman-hiker
并证实了这一点
who had found the body earlier in the day.
可是昨天晚上我在想
But last night I asked myself.
都是掐死的
A strangulation,
都有证人开脱 对比一下
an innocent witness, a change of time.
在这个岛上做案的方式
Could the similarity in the pattern of the events here on the island
和旷野上的何其相似 难道是巧合
and those on the moors be a mere coincidence?
不是巧合 那徒步旅行的女人
No, mes amis, the lonely hiker
就是克里斯蒂娜·雷德芬夫人
was none other than Madame Christine Redfern.
那时候鲁波先生在车上
While Monsieur Ruber was on a train,
故意招人注意 好让这些人未来做他的证人
undoubtedly attracting attention to his presence before potential witnesses.
这个犯重婚罪的鲁波先生又能回到
The bigamous Monsieur Ruber was now free
他妻子雷德芬夫人身边了
to return to his surviving wife, Madame Redfern.
您是很聪明 不在旅馆登记簿上签上您的名字
You were clever enough to avoid putting your signature in the hotel register,
可是有了支票上的签名也就行了
but, you know, the signature on this cheque is really quite good enough.
名字虽然不同 在艾丽丝·鲁波
Different names, of course. Here on the claim form
保险费的收据上签的是菲利克斯·鲁波
for Alice Ruber’s insurance policy, it appears as Felix Ruber,
在这张支票上签的是帕特里克·雷德芬
and here on the hotel cheque it appears as Patrick Redfern.
名字不同 可先生 毫无疑问笔迹相同
Different names, but, monsieur, undeniably the same handwriting.
见鬼
My God.
您不该跟我说朱塞佩·威尔第
You were wrong to tell me that little joke about Giuseppe Verdi
在英语里是叫乔·格林
being called Joe Green in English,
也不该跟我说您教过拉丁语
or that you had once you taught Latin to small boys.
就在那个时候我想起了
It was at that moment that I realised
拉丁语filix和英语fern意思均为”蕨类”拉丁语ruber和英语red意思均为”红色”
要译成英语 菲利克斯·鲁波就是雷德·芬
that in that language “Felix Ruber” is “Red Fern”.
所以在我赫尔克里·波洛面前是蒙混不过去的
You see, it is folly to try and trick Hercule Poirot,
连拉丁语我也懂
even in a dead language.
谁又会相信
Do you really think anyone’s going
您就靠这点笔迹作为杀人证据
to believe the evidence of a couple of signatures?
和您的文字游戏呢
And your bloody silly word games?
不 先生 如果我的分♥析♥叫您难以相信的话
Monsieur, if my modest assumptions are too fanciful for you,
当地报纸登载的那徒步旅行女人的照片
then perhaps a photograph of a hiker and the mourning husband,
以及那个丧妻的丈夫的照片 我已经去调来了
which must have appeared in local papers and which I of course have sent for,
这些就可以判您死罪了
will be enough proof to hang you, sir.
法网难逃 是您杀了艾丽丝·鲁波
You will be arrested for the murder of Alice Ruber
还有阿琳娜·马歇尔

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!