水冰凉冰凉的 我跑一跑暖和暖和
the water was freezing and I’m running to get warm.
我叫他别哭 我这儿是旅馆
… crying his eyes out? Tell him to pull himself together.
早 戴芬妮
Hello, Daph!
她真像女警♥察♥ 上气不接下气
That reminds me of a lady policeman. She’s all out of breath.
见了熟人就说她抓到过一个贼
She’s telling her friends how she caught a burglar.
我在后面追 追过杂货店 追过肉店 面包店
“I chased him past the grocer’s, and the butcher’s, and the baker’s.”
最后在鞋店门口抓到了贼
And then she said, “I finally caught him by the cobbler’s”
我觉得这很无聊 霍勒斯爵士
Sorry, I don’t find that remotely funny, Sir Horace.
是很无聊 戴芬妮
Oh, I stand corrected, Daph.
不过最无聊的
I’ll tell you what I don’t find funny,
莫过于等那位大侦探
hanging around waiting for the great detective!
您早 波洛先生
Oh, good morning, Monsieur Poirot!
听着 波洛 不仅为了你没找到杀阿琳娜的凶手
Listen here, Poirot. Not only have you not find Arlena’s killer,
你也没找到我那钻石
but what is more you haven’t found my diamond.
所以我走了 失陪
So I’m off though it all the same to you..
加德纳夫妇 雷德芬夫妇都要走
The Gardeners and the Redferns want to go, too.
也难怪他们 这儿就像个殡仪馆
I can’t say I blame them. The place is like a morgue.
哦 我失言了
Oh, I am so sorry.
夫人 经过一夜的休息
Madame, there is nothing like a good night’s rest
我的灰色小细胞们清醒多了
to clear the little grey cells.
请通知客人们 在早餐以后
Kindly ask all our friends to forgather in the lounge
到休息室来聚会
after they have finished their petit déjeuner.
-案情大白了 -什么
-When all will be revealed, -What?
-查清楚了 -哦对
-You mean you know? -Oh, yes.
您先说点听听
Give us a few clues!
好吧 只要仔细推敲一下 游泳帽 洗澡
Alright, I wish you to consider very carefully, a bathing cap, a bath,
瓶子 手表 钻石 那午炮 海洋的气息
a bottle, a wrist watch, the diamond, the noonday gun, the breath of the sea
悬崖的高度
and the height of the cliff.
那么你们自己就能破案了
From that you should be able to solve it yourselves.
一小时以后再见 现在我要去吃白煮蛋了
We meet again in one hour. Now I am going to have my œ à la coque.
天底下像他这样讨厌的人真少见
There goes the most insufferable man in the world.
白煮蛋 他的脑袋就像个蛋 尽说淡话
“Œuf à la coque.” That’s about his mark, it’s what he talks mostly.
夫人们 小姐 先生们
Mesdames, mademoiselle, messieurs…
今天我请你们来的原因 请坐 先生
The reason I asked you to meet me here this morning… please, monsieur…
是我赫尔克里·波洛
…is that I, Hercule Poirot,
已经发现杀害马歇尔夫人的凶手是谁了
have discovered the identity of the murderer of Madame Marshall.
大家不必惊慌
This need surprise no one.
都坐好了吗
Are you all comfortable?
凶手也坐好了
Even the murderer?
这是个非常奇怪的案子
This has been a most unusual crime,
每一个牵涉在内的人都不可能做案
in that apparently nobody had the opportunity of committing it.
马歇尔夫人是在昨天11点半到12点被人杀害的
Madame Marshall was killed between 11:30 and 12 noon yesterday
而你们每一个人都没有在现场
and yet every single one of you had a perfect alibi,
包括您 加德纳先生 也有人证明
including you, Monsieur Gardener, without knowing it.
对不起这点叫您失望了
I’m very sorry if I have disappointed you.
可人死了这是真的 这就说明有人在撒谎
We had undeniably a body, which meant that somebody was lying.
谁呢
Who?
我经过反复详细的思考
After exercising considerable reflection,
得出结论 撒谎的就是您
I came to the conclusion that it was you…
雷德芬太太
…Madame Redfern.

Me?
我起誓 我没撒谎
But I didn’t lie to you, I swear it.
哦 您确实撒谎了
Oh, yes, you did, madame.
我昨天问您什么时候离开的海鸥湾
When I asked you at what time you left Gull Cove yesterday,
您说是12点
you said it was 12 o’clock.
您说您知道是因为
You knew this, you said,
当时您听见了那炮声
because you heard that awful gun go off
您站在悬崖顶上向底下
when you were standing on top of the cliffs waving at Linda
游泳的琳达招手
who was swimming in the water below.
可是 布鲁斯特先生当时也正在海鸥湾
But Monsieur Brewster was in the bay at the same time.
这就奇怪了 您怎么没有提到他
It is very curious that you did not mention him.
更奇怪的是 当我反驳布鲁斯特先生
And it’s even more curious that when I confronted M Brewster
他声称自己划到海鸥湾的时候
with the fact that his story about entering the bay on his pedalo
听见了那炮声 可他的这个说法被琳达否认了
at the very moment that the midday gun went off was denied by Linda
他生气了 满口责怪那女孩
he lost his temper. He attacked the poor girl.
实际上他满可以提出第二个证人来 就是您 夫人
It would’ve been so much easier for him to have called his second witness. You, madame.
他应该看见您站在悬崖上
He must have seen you standing on top of the cliff
可是他没有提起您 为什么
and yet he made no mention of it. Why not?
这就很清楚 当时您不在
The answer is obvious, you were not there.
当时我在 我招手了 琳达也向我招了
But I was there. And I did wave and Linda waved back.
-你说琳达 -是的她的确招手了
-Tell him, Linda! -It’s true. She did wave, honestly.
她是招过手 可当时没有放午炮 对吗
Yes, she probably waved but there was no noonday gun, was there?
这我不记得了
I don’t remember it. No.
当时的确没有放午炮 因为还不到12点
No, there was no noonday gun for a very good reason. It was not 12 o’clock.
她问过我时间 我看过表 是差五分12点
But she asked me the time, I looked at my watch and it was five to 12!
啊 那表 这个非常重要
The watch, now that is very important.
让我们回想一下昨天早上 好吗
Let us go back to yesterday morning, shall we?
我在露台上吃早饭 吃白煮蛋
I was having breakfast on the terrace, an egg,
在我给你变那个小小戏法的时候
and in the course of performing some act of léger de main for you,
小姐 我无意中发现你没有戴手表
Mademoiselle, I happened to notice that you were not wearing a watch.
这也并不奇怪 因为你去游泳了
This was not particularly surprising as you had been swimming,
别人从窗口看出来也会知道你去游泳了
a fact that could be noted by anyone looking out of a hotel window.
您 雷德芬太太 亲口告诉我您一早去她的屋子
You, Madame Redfern, actually told me you went to her room early
以邀请她陪您一起到海鸥湾去画画
to ask her to come with you to Gull Cove to do some sketching.
可是她不在屋里
But that she was not there.
这是个多么好的机会
What a perfect opportunity
您可以把琳达的表往前拨 二十分钟
to put Mademoiselle Linda’s watch forward… 20 minutes?
就像您说的 随后
A few moments later, as you told me,
跟您合计的一样 琳达上楼了
Linda appeared in the corridor, as you knew she would.
您就请她陪您一起去
And you invited her to accompany you.
-你想去吗 -我也想去
-Would you like to come? -Yes, I’d love to.
好 过十分钟在楼下见
Alright, see you in the hall in ten minutes.
您好 波洛先生
Hello, Mr Poirot.
这时候 让琳达做您假证人的行动开始了
Your plan to make Linda your false alibi was now in motion.
这完全是假设 波洛 简直是胡扯
This is pure supposition, Poirot. I’ve never heard such twaddle.
哪怕是胡扯也合情合理 符合事实的真♥相♥
Twaddle or not, it is the only explanation which fits all the facts.
请你们再耐心一点
Now if you will be a little patient,
下一步我要告诉你们海鸥湾的真♥相♥了
I will explain to you exactly what happened next at Gull Cove.
雷德芬太太背着琳达想看一看自己的表什么时间
Madame Redfern, unseen by Linda, consulted her own watch,
那表藏在袖子里
which she was wearing but kept concealed
因为她经不起太阳晒
under the sleeve of that strange voluminous outfit
所以穿了件裹着全身的衣服
she chose to protect her from the sun.
那时候是12点差二十五分
It is of course 25 to 12.
她问琳达什么时间 回答当然是差五分12点
She then asked Linda the time, who naturally said it was five to 12.
接着琳达预备去游泳了 她一转过身
Linda then starts to go down to the sea. While her back is turned,
雷德芬太太把琳达的表又拨准了
Madame Redfern returns Linda’s watch to the correct time,
然后叫了下琳达 告诉她别忘了戴游泳帽
then calls Linda back, telling her she has forgotten her bathing cap.
她为什么不嫌麻烦要她戴游泳帽呢
Why should she bother to do that, you may ask?
答案很简单
The answer is simple.
还记得在12点整要准时放午炮吗
Remember, at 12 o’clock the noonday gun is due to go off.
她是唯恐琳达听到炮声记住时间
And she can take no chance of Linda hearing and noting it.
一个戴着游泳帽在海水里
A girl splashing about in the sea
扑腾的女孩是什么也听不见的
and wearing a bathing cap would hear nothing.
我们再看一看雷德芬太太
So let us exactly see what happened
从海湾急急忙忙赶到悬崖顶上的情况吧
as Madame Redfern hurried up from the cove to the top of the cliff.
那时是12点差二十分 她停下来招手
It is 11:40. She pauses to wave.
琳达也招了手
Linda waves back.
可是当时没有布鲁斯特先生
But there is no Mr Brewster.
没有放午炮
No noonday gun.
雷德芬太太就转身
Madame Redfern now turns
在通向梯子湾的小路上飞一样地跑
and runs across the path which separates Gull Cove from Ladder Bay.
大概六七分钟就赶到了
That takes her six or seven minutes, no more.
赶到梯子湾大概是12点差一刻
She arrives at Ladder Bay at about a quarter to 12
她看见阿琳娜夫人很不耐烦地
and sees Madame Arlena sitting impatiently,
在等着帕特里克·雷德芬来
awaiting the arrival of Patrick Redfern,
我相信他们俩是约好了的
with whom, I am convinced, she had a rendezvous.
哦 见鬼
Oh, Christ!
她是气上加气 突然她看见了您
Suddenly, to her great chagrin she sees you, madame,
您正要从梯子上下来
about to come down the ladder
可我不能爬梯子 我有头晕病
But I couldn’t have come down the ladder. I suffer from vertigo.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!