的确是
Yeah, it did.
一半以上的店面都关门了
More than half of our storefronts have shut down.
事实上 如果我们筹不到资金
In fact, we’re losing our high school
我们的高中也要关门了
if we can’t come up with the funding.
不管这里的人们有什么愿望
But no matter what folks might wish for here,
都回不去了
it ain’t coming back.
“投杰克·黑斯廷斯一票
“Vote for Jack Hastings,
因为不管你有什么愿望
“’cause no matter what you wish for,
永远都回不去了”
it ain’t never coming back.”
我喜欢 很不错
I like it. It’s good.
-我不会对人们说谎 -我知道
– I’m not gonna lie to people. – No, I know. I know.
我只是开玩笑 讽刺而已
I was just being witty and cynical.
如果不诚实指出面临的问题
Can’t win a battle if you’re not honest
你就无法赢得战斗
about what you’re really up against.
对 赢不了
No, you cannot.
不够泡澡
Not enough for a bath,
但足够好好泡个脚了
but you can get a good foot soak in.
谢谢
Thank you.
吸管
A straw.
好了 来吧
All right, let’s bring it in.
大家都过来
Everybody in.
-电♥话♥中心 -电♥话♥中心
– Phone bank! – Phone bank.
下次你们就会了
Well, you’ll get it next time.
我希望你们语调轻快
Okay, I want you to be upbeat.
积极乐观
I want you to be positive.
我们需要的是积极参与
Active participation is what we’re looking for.
他们愿不愿意当志愿者 愿不愿意捐款
Would they volunteer? Would they donate?
我们可以在草坪上竖标牌吗
Can we drop off a lawn sign?
他们愿不愿意捐款
Would they donate?
他们愿不愿意捐款
Would they donate?
对 记下来 很好
Yes, write that down. That’s good.
这里有一些范本
Got some sample scripts for you there.
联♥系♥人名单
Contact list there.
冲向堡垒
To the ramparts!
意思是开工 你们可以开始了
That means go. You can begin.
好了
Now…
你们是我的A队
you guys are my “A” Team.
首先 我们拿上这些草坪标牌
So, first, we’re going to take these lawn signs,
把它们竖在所有可用的公共空间
and we’re going to put them in all available public spaces.
要让人看见 但不要招人嫌
I want them visible but not obnoxiously so.
现在竖草坪标牌会不会太早了
Isn’t it a little early for lawn signs?
不好意思 她…
I’m sorry. She just, um…
因为在这里
‘Cause just around here,
人们不是很热衷于…
sometimes people aren’t so keen…
不过 非常感谢
But then, I do appreciate
你做了标牌
that you got the signs made.
我们一直都用草坪标牌
I mean, we’ve always used lawn signs.
-是的 -几百年来都很有效
– Yeah. – They’ve worked for hundreds of years, so…
-很好 -对啊 我们用吧
– Great. – Yeah, let’s just use ’em.
很好 好了 安
Great. All right, Ann?
-好的 -你来负责市中心
– Okay. – I want you to take the downtown area.
玛莎 戴夫 你们负责39街以西
Martha, Dave, how about everything west of 39?
戴安娜 我要你留在这里…
And, Diana, I’d like you to stay here…
-你好 -喂
– Hello? – Yeah?
-负责… -早上好
– to do… – Good morning.
你好 我是马修 我是志愿者
Hi. This is Matthew, and I’m a volunteer
-给您打电♥话♥是为了杰克… -马修
– calling with Jack… – Matthew?
-马修… -你好
– Matt… Matthew… – Hello?
你好
Hello?
你在做什么
What are you doing?
-我是齐默 -早上好 齐默先生
– Zimmer. – Good morning, Mr. Zimmer.
我叫迈克 代表黑斯廷斯上校给您打电♥话♥
My name is Michael, calling on behalf of Colonel Hastings.
各位 各位
Guys, guys, guys, guys.
好了 我明白怎么回事了
All right, this is what’s happening here.
你们用的是办公室联♥系♥人名单
You’re calling off the office contact list.
这才是选民♥联♥系人名单
This is the voter contact list.
是的 我知道
So, yeah, I know.
你们要用选民♥联♥系人名单
I want you to call the voter contact list.
我们本来就要给上校投票
We’re already voting for the Colonel.
明白了吗 很好
Okay? Good.
我们去竖标牌吧
Let’s go do the signs, too.
天啊
Oh, my God.
大家继续加油
Keep doing that, guys.
加油站
加油站
汽车配件 机油 香烟 烈酒 啤酒 葡萄酒 彩票 零食
加里 特区加里
Gar! Hey, D.C. Gary!
-你好 -加里 过来
– Hi. – Hey, Gar, come on over.
好吧 来了
Okay. All right.
不中 不中 不中
Nothing, nothing, nothing.
一个六 一个五
That’s a six. That is a five.
还有一个四 看啊
And a four. Look at that.
-还有一个七 -天啊
– And a seven. – Oh, my… Oh!
归我了 宝贝
I’m keeping it, baby!
伙计们
Hey, everybody.
这是特区加里
This is D.C. Gary.
他住在德式餐馆楼上
He’s staying above the Hofbrau.
-很高兴见到你们 -欢迎来到贵宾休息室
– Good to see you. – Welcome to The Ambassador’s Lounge.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
听说你是来帮助上校的
Hear you’re in town helping the Colonel.
-是的 -他是个好人
– Yes, I am. – He’s a good man.
是的 他是个好人
He is. He is a good man.
这是你的竞选办公室吗
So, is this your campaign office here?
这里
This?
不 这是贵宾休息室
No, this is The Ambassador’s Lounge,
本地顶级企业家 运动员和善谈者的
an elite, uh, social club of the area’s top entrepreneurs,
精英社交俱乐部
athletes and raconteurs.
就是个狗窝
It’s a shithole.
伙计们
Hey, guys.
杰克已经把草坪标牌做好了
Jack’s already got lawn signs printed up.
我得走了
Well, I got to head out.
有很多工作要做
Got a lot of work to catch up on.
很高兴见到大家
Pleasure meeting everybody.
神父 你要不要跟他一起走
Hey, Father, you want to go with him?
他可能需要奇迹
He might need a miracle or two.
继拉福莱特州长之后
This town hasn’t had a Democrat mayor
这镇上还没有过民♥主♥党市长
since La Follette ruled these parts, and…
从七十年代起就没有过民♥主♥党
hasn’t had a Democratic Party since the ’70s.
光靠草坪标牌肯定不够
Gonna take a little bit more than lawn signs.
好吧
Okay.
杰克·黑斯廷斯上校竞选市长
杰克·黑斯廷斯上校
Colonel Jack Hastings.
接受战争的洗礼
Tempered by war.
锁链的强度取决于最弱的一环
Chain’s only as strong as its weakest link.
受到信仰的驱使
Driven by faith.
我是兄弟的守护人
I am my brother’s keeper.
新型民♥主♥党人
A new kind of Democrat.
腹地的民♥主♥党人
A Democrat for the heartland.
杰克·黑斯廷斯 更温和的民♥主♥党人
Jack Hastings, a redder kind of blue.
本条广♥告♥资金来自真正的美国人…
Paid for by Real Americans for…
你在打什么主意 齐默
What are you up to, Zimmer?
我告诉你们 杰克可能会成为大人物
I am telling you guys, Jack could be the real deal,
席卷全国
on a national level.
席卷全国
On a national level?
他就像是…
It’s like he’s a cross between…
-麦克阿瑟上将和麋鹿肉干的结合 -什么
– MacArthur and elk jerky. – Wait, what?
再加上那种测试握力的机器
And one of those machines that test grip strength.
完美到不真实了
Sounds too good to be true.
我的天
Oh, my God.
布劳恩;
竞选迪尔拉肯市长
本条广♥告♥资金来自迪尔拉肯市长家族
分号♥
Semicolon.
她上钩了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!