那些你认为冒领福利的人
and the folks you think might be cheating
和我们肩并肩站在一起
stood shoulder to shoulder with us
接连三天填沙袋抗洪
stuffing sandbags for three days straight,
最终拯救了你的店面
ended up saving your store,
那时候查过他们的身份证明吗
you check their I.D.’s then?
讨论已经结束了 杰克
Discussion’s closed, Jack.
他们带着菜肴参加教堂百味餐
You checking I.D.’s when they’re bringing food
那时候查过他们的身份证明吗 沃尔特
to the church potlucks, Walt?
够了 杰克
Enough, Jack.
你已经说完了
You had your say.
我们这里是有规矩的
Look, we got rules here,
但这不意味着我们是坏人
but that don’t make us bad people.
我没说你是坏人 比利
I’m not saying you’re a bad person, Billy.
我说的是你害怕了
I’m saying you’re scared.
见鬼 我们都害怕
Hell, we all are.
这个破镇子的人口一夜之间从一万五降至五千
Damn town went from 15,000 to five overnight,
生意也随之凋敝
and business went with it.
我们不能通过互相针对来挽救它
We’re not bringing it back by… by turning on each other.
陆战队教会了我 锁链的强度取决于最弱的一环
Corps taught me the chain’s only as strong as its weakest link.
海军陆战队英雄为移♥民♥发声
坐在这的赫维尔神父
And Father Heuvel here
教会了我 我是兄弟的守护人
taught me that I am my brother’s keeper.
等等 跳回”最弱的一环”那部分
Wait. Go back to that “weak link” part.
你为最弱小的人所做之事 都是为了上帝
Whatever you do for the least of us, you do for the Lord.
好的
Yeah, okay. Yeah.
这家伙能行吗
I mean, could this guy work?
陆战队教会了我 锁链的强度取决于最弱的一环
Corps taught me the chain’s only as strong as its weakest link.
很好
Pretty good.
坐在这的赫维尔神父
And Father Heuvel here
教会了我 我是兄弟的守护人
taught me that I am my brother’s keeper.
你为最弱小的人所做之事 都是为了上帝
Whatever you do for the least of us, you do for the Lord.
看起来像保守派 听上去却像改革派
Looks conservative, sounds progressive.
问题在于
The point is,
在境况良好时保持良好品格很容易
it’s easy to be strong of character in the good times.
考验在于境况恶劣的时候
The test is the bad times.
如果那时你不能坚守自己的原则 那么…
If you can’t live your principles then, well…
我想那就算不上原则 只是爱好罢了
I guess they aren’t principles; they’re just hobbies.
这是哪来着
Where is this again?
威斯康辛州
Wisconsin.
迪尔拉肯
Deerlaken.
迪尔拉肯
Deerlaken.
先生们
Gentlemen…
这位宽下巴的美国典范
this square-jawed paragon of Americana
就是我们重登大宝的钥匙
is our goddamn key back into the forbidden city.
-我要走了 -坐下 科特 坐下
– Well, that’s my stop. – Sit. Kurt, sit.
-他说到重点时再叫我 -不
– Call me when he gets to the point. – Nope.
你哪都不能去 坐好了
You’re not going anywhere. No, sit.
我们要感谢艾伦
And we have Alan to thank
让我们注意到了这个人
for bringing this man to our attention.
我叫埃文
It’s Evan.
我有没有提到
Did I happen to mention that
他是美国海军陆战队的退伍老兵
he is a veteran of the United States Marine Corps?
-提到了 -他还是个农民
– Yes. – And a farmer.
-也说过了 -应该提到了
– You did. – I believe so.
我有没有提到他还是个鳏夫
And did I happen to mention that he’s a widower?
-厉害 -好吧
– Impressive. – All right.
他让水管工乔看起来像是
A man who makes Joe the Plumber look like
2008年美国大选中♥共♥和党
用于讨好中产阶级的政♥治♥”明星”
穿着老妈裤和戴着复活节圆帽的杜卡基斯
Dukakis in mom jeans and a fucking Easter bonnet…
1988年美国大选中
败于老布♥什♥的民♥主♥党总统候选人
身处威斯康辛这个大摇摆州的
in the reddest of counties
最偏向共和党的县里
in the great now swing state of Wisconsin…
他是…
is…
民♥主♥党人
a Democrat.
他是民♥主♥党人吗
He’s a Democrat?
是的
Yeah.
他只是还不自知罢了
He just doesn’t know it yet.
民♥主♥党全国委员会
华盛顿特区
计划是这样的 我坐上一架飞机
Well, here’s the idea: I get on a plane,
飞去威斯康辛州 利用这家伙
and I go to Wisconsin, and I use this guy
尝试制♥造♥对农村更友好的竞选信息
to road-test a more rural-friendly message.
这是个偏僻的无名小镇的…市长竞选
It’s a mayoral race… in the middle of nowhere.
我不明白这怎么能帮到我们
Uh, I don’t get how this helps us.
这些州就能贡献两百万的农村选票
There are two million rural votes in these states alone.
如果共和党在那里拿到我们2.7倍的票 而不是3倍
If we lost them 2.7 to one instead of three to one,
我们就赢了 但我们根本没试过
we’d win, but we didn’t even try.
他们的基本盘都去投票了 我们的没有
Their base turned out. Ours didn’t.
如果我们找一个能激活我们的基本盘的候选人
If we find a candidate to activate our base…
如果我们的非裔美国人
if our African Americans
和拉丁裔群体…
and Latino communities…
说拉丁裔就行
It’s just “Latino.”
站出来 我们就赢了
…show up, we win.
我们必须争取农村选民的支持
We have to get the rural voters back into the tent,
哪怕是一点也很重要
even just a little bit.
如果你不介意的话
Well, if it’s all the same to you,
我要继续迎合我们的特殊利益团体的需求
I’ll stick with pandering to our special-interest groups,
非常感谢各位
thank you very much.
奥巴马选举时期的口号♥”是的 我们能”
是的 你们能 是的 你们能
Sí, se puede. Sí, se puede.
-是的 -我喜欢扩展基本盘的主意
– Sí, se… – I like the idea of expanding our base.
别把任何选票当理所当然
Not taking any voter for granted.
的确有可取之处
It does have some merit.
早上好 加里·齐默办公室
Good morning. Gary Zimmer’s office.
好的 我们会派车过去接你
Okay, so we’ll make sure a car comes here and picks you up,
-司机一定是弗兰克 -好的
– and we’ll make sure the driver is Frank. – Okay.
航行时间两小时
Um, it’s a two-hour flight,
不过会减掉一小时时差
but you’ll gain an hour when you get there.
-这是什么 -宝马7系
– What is that? – The 7 Series.
这是能找到的跟你的特斯拉最像的一款车了
It was the closest thing they had to your Tesla, but…
你直接拿支记号♥笔 在我额头上写
Just take a Sharpie, and write “liberal city douchebag”
“大城市自♥由♥派混♥蛋♥”算了
on my forehead, okay?
-拜托 各位 -好吧
– Come on, guys. – Yeah.
那换本♥田♥雅阁吗
Um, Accord?
我要在美国各州旅行
I’m traveling to America.
给我换福特探险者 中性颜色
Explorer, neutral color.
像参会那样帮我安排妥当
And pack me like a conference.
达沃斯论♥坛♥还是TED演讲
Davos? TED?
阿斯彭 周末套装
Aspen, weekend package.
-谢谢 -好极了
– Thank you. – Great.
伙计们 知道吗
Oh, and, guys, you know what?
简单点
Keep it simple.
简单点 不要过头 谢谢
Simple. No frills. Thank you.
-明白 -当然 好极了
– Got it. – Sure. Great.
不过 要是那辆探索者有Bose
Although, if the Explorer has a-a Bose
或Bang & Olufsen的音响
or a Bang & Olufsen sound package,
就再好不过了
if they have it… it’d be good.
-好极了 -明白了
– Great. – Gotcha.
他们说供餐的事了吗
Did they say anything about catering?
还没有
Not yet.
要是有马苏里拉奶酪球就好了
Those little mozzarella balls would be great.
-是吗 -卡普列塞沙拉
– Yeah? – Caprese salad.
-清淡点 意大利黑醋 -那就…
– Something light. Balsamic. – Yeah, just…
意大利黑醋 那一类的
Balsamic, all that jazz?
好的
Cool.
没了
Nothing.
好的
Cool.
有意思
That’s fun.
他将来一记短传
He’ll flip the short pass.
传给安德森 他在35码线
Complete to Anderson. He’s at the 35.
他到了30码线…
He moves to the 30-yard line…
-请慢用 齐默先生 -谢谢
– Here you go, Mr. Zimmer. – Oh, thank you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!