He wants to get Harry started in the research business.
他想让哈里搞研究工作
Well, is it a good job? Oh, yes, very.
看来这工作应该不错吧? 是啊 好极了
Not much money, but good future, you know.
薪水不多 但前途无量
Yeah. Harry’s a genius at research.
哈里可是个研究天才
My father just fell in love with him. And you did, too.
我父亲对他是青睐有加 你也爱上他了
Hey, Joe.
嘿 乔
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. I feel so good.
我真是太高兴了
I could spit in Potter’s eye. I think I will. I think I will.
我要吐波特一脸唾沫星子 这主意不错
What did you say? Huh?
你说什么来着?
Maybe I’d better go home.
我还是回家好了
Where’s my hat? Where’s my…
我的帽子呢? 我的帽子…
Oh, thank you, George. Which is mine? The middle one.
乔治 谢谢了 哪顶是我的? 中间的那顶
Oh, thank you, George. Oh boy, oh boy. Now, look,
乔治 谢了 孩子…
if you’ll point me in the right direction… Would you do that, George?
你给我带带路吧 好不好 乔治?
Right down here.
走下去
Old Building and Loan pal, huh?
建房♥贷款合作公♥司♥的老伙伴
Now you just turn this way and then right straight down there.
朝这个方向 一直向前走就是了
Oh, that way, huh?
这边走 对吧?
My wild Irish rose
我那爱尔兰野玫瑰…
I’m all right. I’m all right.
我没事 我好得很
Hello, Ma.
嗨 妈妈
That’s for nothing.
只是单纯的一吻
How do you like her? She’s swell, isn’t she?
你觉得她怎样? 她很优秀 不是吗?
Looks like she can keep Harry on his toes.
她似乎让哈里稳重了
Keep him out of Bedford Falls, anyway.
还可以让他远离这个小镇
Did you know that Mary Hatch is back from school?
知道吗 玛丽·哈奇从学校回来了
Came back three days ago.
3天前回来的
Nice girl, Mary.
玛丽是个好女孩
Kind that’ll help you find the answers, George.
希望你清楚自己的答案是什么
Stop that grunting.
别再哼哼了
Can you give me one good reason why you shouldn’t call on Mary?
你为什么不去看看她呢? 你倒说个理由来听听
Sure. Sam Wainwright.
山姆·温莱特就是个理由
Hee haw? Yes, Sam’s crazy about Mary.
没错 山姆对玛丽很着迷
Well, she’s not crazy about him. Well, how do you know?
可玛丽并不爱他 你怎么知道?
What, did she discuss it with you? No.
她跟你说的吗? 没有
Well, then how do you know? Well, I’ve got eyes, haven’t I?
那你又怎么知道? 我又不是没长眼睛
Why, she lights up like a firefly whenever you’re around.
一看到你 玛丽就容光焕发
Besides, Sam Wainwright’s away in New York,
再说 山姆·温莱特远在纽约
and you’re here in Bedford Falls.
而你就在镇上
And all’s fair in love and war.
在她身边 爱情和战争真是不讲公理
I don’t know about war.
战争我就不清楚了
Mother of mine,
我的老妈妈
I can see right through you right to your back collar button.
你心里想什么我都知道
Trying to get rid of me, huh?
想让我快点成家赶我走 是吧?
Well, here’s your hat. What’s your hurry?
帽子给你 着什么急呀?
All right, Mother, old Building and Loan pal,
好吧 我的老妈妈 建房♥贷款合作公♥司♥的老伙伴
I think I’ll go out and find a girl and do a little passionate necking.
我这就去找个女孩亲热一番
Oh, George.
乔治
Now, if you’ll just point me in the right direction…
能否麻烦你给我指个方向…
This direction.
这边走?
Good night, Mrs. Bailey.
晚安 贝利太太
Excuse me. Now, wait a minute.
失陪了 等等
I think I got a date.
看来今晚我有人约了
But stick around, fellows, just in case, huh?
不过你们俩最好别走开 以防万一 明白吗?
We’ll wait for you, baby.
我们会等你的 宝贝
Hello, Georgie Porgie! Hello Vi.
你好啊 乔治小亲亲! 嗨 维奥莉
What gives? Nothing.
有事吗? 没什么
Where are you going?
你这是要去哪?
Oh, I’ll probably end up down at the library.
有可能最后到图书馆泡书
Georgie, don’t you ever get tired of just reading about things?
乔治小亲亲 一味泡书 你不觉得厌倦吗?
Yes.
是有点
What are you doing tonight? Not a thing.
你今晚有事忙吗? 闲得很
Are you game, Vi? Let’s make a night of it.
玩个游戏 怎样? 今晚我们就玩个痛快
I’d love it, Georgie. What’ll we do?
好啊 玩什么?
Let’s go out in the fields and take off our shoes
我们到郊野去 光着脚丫…
and walk through the grass. Huh?
在草地上漫步
Then we can go up to the falls. It’s beautiful up there in the moonlight,
然后去赏瀑布 月色下的瀑布美丽怡人
and there’s a green pool up there, and we can swim in it.
那里还有个天然小池塘 我们可以在那游泳
Then we can climb Mount Bedford and smell the pines
然后我们去爬贝福德山…
and watch the sunrise against the peaks,
闻者松香看日出
and we’ll stay up there the whole night,
在那儿待上一整夜
and everybody’ll be talking.
到时 全镇上下都会议论纷纷
There’ll be a terrific scandal.
一下子丑闻就闹开了
Georgie, have you gone crazy? Why, walk in the grass in my bare feet?
乔治 你疯了? 在草地上光着脚丫走?
Why it’s 10 miles up to Mount Bedford.
这里离贝福德山可是10英里远呢
Lf you think… Okay, just forget about the whole thing.
你要是… 算了 就当我没说过
What are you doing, picketing? Hello, Mary.
你在干什么 站岗放哨吗? 玛丽 你好
I just happened to be passing by here.
我碰巧路过而已
Yes, so I noticed.
我看到了
Have you made up your mind? How’s that?
你想好了没? 你说什么?
Have you made up your mind? About what?
你想好了没? 哪方面?
About coming in.
进来还是不进来
Your mother just phoned and said you were on your way over
你妈刚才打电♥话♥来说…
to pay me a visit. My mother just called you?
你要来看我 我妈给你打了电♥话♥?
Well, how did she know?
她怎么知道的?
Didn’t you tell her? I didn’t tell anybody.
你没跟她说吗? 我谁也没告诉
I just went for a walk and happened to be passing by here.
我只是出来散散步 碰巧路过这里
What do you…
你以为我…
Went for a walk. That’s all.
只是散个步而已
I’ll be downstairs, Mother. All right, dear.
妈 我下楼去了 好的
Well, are you coming in or aren’t you?
你进来坐坐吗?
Well, I’ll come in for a minute.
我进去小坐一下
But I…
但我…
I didn’t tell anybody I was coming over here, you know.
我没跟人说过我要到这儿来
When did you get back? Tuesday.
你是什么时候回来的? 礼拜二
Where did you get that dress?
这是哪买♥♥的衣服?
Do you like it? It’s all right.
你喜欢吗? 挺好的
I thought you would go back to New York,
我还以为你回纽约了…
like Sam and Angie and the rest of them.
就像山姆和其他人一样
I worked there a couple of vacations, but I don’t know.
以前假期去纽约打过几次工 但这次…
I guess I was homesick.
大概是想家了吧
Homesick? For Bedford Falls?
想家? 想贝福德·福斯小镇?
Yes, and my family and…
是的 我想家了 想念…
Everything.
这里的一切
Would you like to sit down?
坐下来聊聊 怎样?
All right, for a minute.
好吧 就坐一会
I still can’t understand it, though.
但我还是想不通…
You know, I didn’t tell anybody I was coming here.
我没跟人说过我要到这儿来
Would you rather leave?
你想走吗?
No. I don’t want to be rude.
不 我可不想这么无礼
Well, then, sit down.
那就请坐吧
What’s that?
这是什么?
Some joke, huh?
你真会拿我开心
I see it still smells like pine needles around here.
这里还是那股松香味儿
Thank you.
谢谢
And dance by the
能否请你共舞…
What’s the matter?
怎么啦?
Oh. Oh, yeah, yeah.
哦 对
Nice about your brother Harry and Ruth, isn’t it?
你弟弟和露丝结婚 很让你们开心吧?
Oh, yeah, yeah, that’s all right.
没错
Don’t you like her?
你不喜欢她?
Well, of course I like her. She’s a peach.
怎么会呢 她可是人见人爱
Oh, just marriage in general you’re not enthusiastic about, huh?
你只是对婚姻没激♥情♥ 对吗?
No. Marriage is all right for Harry and Marty and Sam and you.
没错 哈里 马蒂 山姆 和你都挺适合结婚的
Mary! Mary!
玛丽…!
Who’s down there with you?
你在下面和谁聊呢?
It’s George Bailey, Mother.
乔治·贝利 妈妈
George Bailey? What’s he want?
乔治·贝利? 他来干什么?
I don’t know.
我不知道
What do you want?
你来干什么?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!