Like everybody else on VE Day, he wept and prayed.
欧战胜利日 他和其他人一样流泪祈祷了
On VJ Day, he wept and prayed again.
抗♥日♥胜利那天 他又流泪祈祷了
Joseph, now show him what happened today.
圣约瑟 给克莱伦斯看看今天的事
Yes, sir.
好的
This morning, day before Christmas, about 10:00 a.m.
明天就是圣诞节了 今早10左右
Bedford Falls time…
贝福德·福斯小镇当地时间
Hey, Ernie. Look at that.
厄尼 你看
It’s gonna snow again.
又要下雪了
What do you mean, it’s gonna snow?
什么又要下雪?
Look at the headlines. The President…
看头版新闻 总统为…
I know, I know, George. That’s marvelous.
乔治 我看到了 真是太棒了
Commander Harry Bailey!
哈里·贝利指挥官!
Mr. Gower, look at this, the second page.
高尔先生 看第二版这里
Now, look, this is for you.
这张给你
This is for you. That’s for you. Okay.
这张给你 好
Right, thanks. See you again.
谢谢 回头见
Be sure you spell the name right.
不要把名字拼错了
Extra! Read all about it!
号♥外…! 快来看呀!
George, George! It’s Harry now on long distance from Washington.
乔治! 哈里从华盛顿打来长途电♥话♥
Harry! What do you know about that!
哈里! 真是没说的!
He reversed the charges. It’s okay, isn’t it?
长途话费得你来付 没关系吧?
Reversed the charges? Of course it is for a hero.
话费? 为了我英勇的弟弟 这点花费算什么
Harry!
哈里!
You old seven times a son of a gun. Congratulations.
你小子真是好样的 恭喜你了
How’s Mother standing it? She did?
妈妈怎么样? 是吗?
What do you know?
真没说的
Mother had lunch with the President’s wife.
妈妈和总统夫人共进午餐了
Wait till Martha hears about this.
我早就听见了
What did they have to eat? What’d they have to eat?
她们都吃了些什么? 她们都吃了些什么?
Harry,
哈里
you should see what they’re cooking up in the town for you.
你真该看看镇上的人 都做了什么好吃的欢迎你
Oh, they are?
是吗?
The Navy’s gonna fly Mother home this afternoon.
海军部今天下午开飞机送妈妈回来
In a plane?
飞机?
What? Uncle Billy?
什么? 比利叔叔?
Has Uncle Billy come in yet? He stopped at the bank first.
比利叔叔来了没? 他要先去趟银行
He’s not here right now, Harry. But look, now, tell me about it.
他现在不在 哈里 跟我讲讲那个…
George. George, George. What?
乔治… 怎么了?
That man is here again. What man?
那人又来了 谁呀?
Bank examiner.
银行查帐员
Harry, talk to Eustace for a minute, will you?
哈里 你先跟尤塔斯聊聊
I’ll be right back.
我去去就来
Well, Harry.
哈里…
Good morning, sir. Carter, bank examiner.
先生 早上好 我是银行查账员卡特
Mr. Carter, Merry Christmas. Merry Christmas.
卡特先生 圣诞快乐 圣诞快乐
We’re all excited around here.
我们这里乐开了锅
My brother just got the Congressional Medal of Honor.
我弟弟刚受封了国会荣誉勋章
The President just decorated him. Well, I guess they do those things.
总统亲自授勋给他 也就那回事
Well, I trust you had a good year. Good year?
你们公♥司♥今年生意不错吧 不错?
Well, between you and me, Mr. Carter, we’re broke.
卡特先生 不瞒你说 我们快揭不开锅了
Yeah, very funny.
是吗 真风趣
Well, now, come right in here, Mr. Carter.
这边请 卡特先生
Although I shouldn’t wonder when you okay reverse charges
尽管你有钱支付私人长途话费
on personal long distance calls.
我也不该怀疑你的
George, shall we hang up? No, no.
乔治 要挂了吗? 别 别挂
He wants to talk to Uncle Billy. You just hold on, there.
他想跟比利叔叔聊聊 先别挂
Now, if you’ll cooperate, I’d like to finish with you by tonight.
你合作的话 我想今晚就把帐查完
I want to spend Christmas in Elmira with my family.
我想和家人到埃尔迈拉过圣诞
I don’t blame you at all, Mr. Carter.
人之常情 卡特先生
Just step right in here. We’ll fix you up.
请进 我们会通力合作的
December 24.
12月24日…
$8,000.
8千美金…
Merry Christmas, Mr. Potter. Merry Christmas.
圣诞快乐 波特先生 圣诞快乐
Well, good morning, Mr. Potter. What’s the news?
早上好 波特先生 有什么新闻呀?
Well, well, well, “Harry Bailey wins Congressional Medal.”
“哈里·贝利受封国会荣誉勋章”
That couldn’t be one of the Bailey boys.
不会是咱们贝利家的好小伙吧?
You just can’t keep those Baileys down, now can you, Mr. Potter?
你就是拿咱们姓贝利的没辙 是吧 波特先生?
How does slacker George feel about that?
窝囊乔治作何感想?
Very jealous. Very jealous.
羡慕得紧哪
He only lost three buttons off his vest.
他真的是乐开了怀
Of course, slacker George would’ve gotten
当然了 如果乔治也去参军的话
two of these medals if he had gone.
他一定会赢得两枚勋章的
Bad ear. Yes.
可他听力不佳 对
After all, Potter, some people like George had to stay at home.
波特 小镇还需要乔治的守护
Not every heel was in Germany and Japan.
并不是只有在德国和日本才出坏蛋
Good morning, Mr. Bailey. Good morning, Horace.
早上好 贝利先生 早上好 霍雷斯
I guess you forgot something.
你好像忘了件事情
You forgot something. What?
你忘了件事情 什么?
Well, aren’t you going to make a deposit?
你不是来存款的吗?
Oh, sure, sure I am.
是的 没错
Well, then, it’s usually customary to bring the money with you.
那你要存的那笔款子呢?
Oh, shucks, I knew I had.
我记得带来的了
How about that finger there?
看看备忘指环 再想想
Well, I…
我…
Bailey.
贝利
Take me back there. Hurry up.
把我推到门口 快点
Come on, look sharp.
麻利点
Take me back.
推我回去
Just make yourself at home, Mr. Carter. I got those books for you here.
请自便 卡特先生 我这就去拿账本
Oh, hello, Vi.
你好啊 维奥莉
George, can I see you for a second?
乔治 能跟你聊两句吗?
Why, of course you can. Go on in the office there.
没问题 去我办公室谈吧
Uncle Billy, talk to Harry. He’s on the telephone.
比利叔叔 跟哈里聊聊 他就在电♥话♥那头
Hurry up, Uncle Billy, hurry.
比利大叔 快点
Long distance, Washington.
这可是从华盛顿打来的长途电♥话♥
Hey, here’s Harry on the phone.
哈里的来电
You know, your nephew, remember? Harry.
还记得吗? 你侄子哈里呀
Here he is. Hurry up.
他回来了 快点
Hello? Hello. Yes, Harry, yes, everything’s fine.
喂? 哈里 这里一切都好
I ought to have my head examined.
我真该去看看脑子了
$8,000. It’s got to be somewhere.
8千美金 放哪了呢?
Here you are.
拿着
Character?
品行推荐书?
If I had any character, I’d…
要是我品行好的话 就不用…
It takes a lot of character to leave your hometown
背井离乡从头开始
and start all over again.
是需要很大勇气和品行的
No, George, don’t.
乔治 不用了
Here now, you’re broke, aren’t you?
拿着吧 你不是没钱了吗?
I know, but… What do you want to do,
是的 但是… 那你想怎样?
hock your furs and that hat?
拿皮草和帽子去典当?
You want to walk to New York?
你想走路去纽约?
You know, they charge for meals and rent up there,
在纽约 吃的住的同样要钱
just the same as they do in Bedford Falls.
就像在这一样
Yeah, sure. No, that’s a loan, now.
是啊 这是笔贷款
That’s my business, Building and Loan.
建房♥贷款合作公♥司♥ 我不就是干这个的吗?
Besides, you’ll get a job. Good luck to you.
再说 你会找到工作的 祝你好运
I’m glad I know you, George Bailey.
乔治·贝利 幸好认识了你
Say hello to New York for me. Yeah, yeah, sure, I will.
替我向纽约问好 行 没问题
Now, let’s hear from you once in a while.
记得和我们保持联♥系♥
Merry Christmas, Vi. Merry Christmas, George.
维奥莉 圣诞快乐 圣诞快乐 乔治
Mr. Bailey. Oh, Mr. Carter, I’m sorry.
贝利先生 卡特先生 真的抱歉
I’ll be right with you. Uncle Billy in there?
我马上就来 比利叔叔在里面?
Yeah, he’s in his office.
对 他在办公室里
What’s going on?
怎么了?
The bank examiner’s here.
银行查账员来了
He’s here? Yeah. He wants the accounts payable…
他来了? 是的 他要核查应付账款…
What’s the matter with you?
你怎么了?
Come here.
过来
Eustace.
尤塔斯
Yeah? Come here a minute.
什么事? 过来一下

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!