his independence,
他的人格已经从我爱的布拉德那里被带走了
his personaIity was being driven from the Brad I Ioved.
在我生命中头一次 我得到了我想要的东西
For the very first time in my Iife, I had something I wanted.
我是乔琳娜
l was Jolene…
他的母亲
his mother.
现在我可以相信上帝了
And l could believe in God now.
我们想吃什么 我知道了
What shall we eat? l know.
为人父母后才逐渐收回到
lt was those parents of his gradually absorbing him
他们的正直本性中
back into their righteousness.
乔琳娜 你能在育儿室喂他
Jolene, can you feed him in the nursery
或让把他给保姆吗
or let him go to the nurse?
我怎么吃 布拉德 他饿了
How am I supposed to eat? Brad, he was hungry.
我试着让他睡觉 罗茜到底在哪儿呢
I’m trying to get him to go to sleep. Where the heII is Rosie?
我们给她放了一天假
We gave her the day off.
要不 我们让她回来
Well, let’s get her back.
我们今天需要她照顾孩子
We need her to take care of junior today.
爷爷 奶奶今天要来看到尼普利比先生
Grandpa and grandma are coming to see Mr. NippIebee today.
你应该把自己弄得像样点
You need to make yourself presentabIe.
什么 他们今天要来吗
What, they’re coming today?!
来吃午饭 顺便看看布拉德利
For Iunch. And to see the Bradley.
布拉德 你为什么不告诉我
Brad! Why didn’t you tell me?
家里需要清扫一下
This place has to be cleaned!
他们刚打的电♥话♥
They just called.
我该说什么 我们不在家
What was I supposed to say, that we weren’t here?
听着 我今天不能看他们 有太多事要忙
Look, I can’t see them today. l’ve got too much to do.
没关系 他们可能根本不想理你
That’s okay. They probably don’t want to deaI with you anyway.
是真的 是不是
That’s the truth, isn’t it?
当然是真的 别装的那么吃惊
Of course it is. Don’t act so surprised.
乔琳娜 省点剧情改天演吧
Jolene, save the drama for another day.
你♥他♥妈♥的婊♥子♥
You fucking whore!
布拉德 不
Brad! No!
噢 我的上帝
Oh, my God!
本顿太太 哦 我的
Mrs. Benton! Oh, my…!
哦 上帝 他对你做了什么
Oh, God, what did he do to you?!

Oh!
本顿太太 你没事吧
Mrs. Benton, are you okay?
噢 嘘
Aw. Shh.
保姆没有问为什么
The nurse at the hospitaI didn’t need to ask how it happened.
嘘 来吧
Shh. Come on.
她写了妇女收♥容♥所♥的名称和地址
She wrote out the name and address of a women’s sheIter,
而收♥容♥所♥给了我律师的名字
and the sheIter gave me the name of a lawyer.
他是个危险的人我不能让他出现在我的生活里
He’s a dangerous man. I can’t have him in my life.
我不在乎钱我只想出来
I don’t care about the money. I just want out.
我恐怕
I’m afraid I’m…
不能帮助你 本顿太太
not going to be able to help you, Mrs. Benton.
你是什么意思
What do you mean?
我的意思是 我不能接你的案子
I mean I can’t take your case.
为什么
Why?
他家威胁你了 还是收买♥♥你了
Did his family threaten you or just buy you off?
跟本顿家族无关
This has nothing to do with the Benton family.
他打了我 就这么简单
He beat me. It’s simple.
恐怕没那么简单
I’m afraid it’s not that simple.
你没有告诉我你的过去
You didn’t tell me you had a past,
包括青少年管教所的经历
including a stretch in juvenile detention.
那是很久以前的事了
That was a long time ago.
也没说前一段没有宣告结束的婚姻
To say nothing of a previous as yet un-annulled marriage
跟一个被定罪的毒贩
to a convicted drug dealer.
你跟本顿先生的婚姻
You entered into your marriage with Mr. Benton
处于缺少诚信的状况下
under less than honest circumstances.
我很抱歉
I’m very sorry.
这家公♥司♥没人接你的案子
No one at this firm will take your case.
噢 我亲爱的
Oh, my darlin’.
哦 本顿太太
Uh, Mrs. Benton.
有人要见你
There’s some people here to see you!
来吧 来
Come on. Come on.
哦 看看你 是的
Oh! Look at you. Yes.
什么 不 你要去哪里 等等 站住
What? No, where are you going? Wait! Stop!
你 你被捕了
You, you are under arrest
因为绑♥架♥小布拉德利 本顿
for the kidnapping of Bradley Benton junior!
不 不 不 别这样
No! No! No! Come quietly.
走吧 女士 快点
Come on, lady, move.

No!
我知道你觉得你被冤枉了 但
I know that you feel like you’ve been wronged, but…
冤枉的 他们带走了我的孩子
Wronged? They took my child.
很不幸 本顿太太 他们有铁证
Unfortunately, Mrs. Benton, they have a really solid case.
我的意思是 法律明确规定
I mean, the law clearly states
去他妈的法律 没人能带走我的孩子
Fuck the Iaw! No one’s taking my child!
你明白吗
Do you understand that?
本顿太太 你的案子让我很为难
Mrs. Benton, I’m gonna work really hard on your case.
我发誓
I promise.
法律援助的家伙在这方面不擅长
The IegaI aid guy was way out of his league,
而且也没多想
and, without giving it a second thought,
法官判定我是不适宜的母亲
the judge ruIed that l was an unfit mother
并授予布拉德是我的孩子的唯一监护人
and granted Brad soIe custody of my little boy.
我的意思是 你的过去有污点
I mean, you do have a checkered past.
我有选择
l had choices.
我认为你可以期望最好的结果 但
I think you should hope for the best, but…
我可以杀死布拉德 G 本顿
l could kill Brad G. Benton,
但我的孩子就要被本顿家族抚养
but then my chiId wouId be raised by the Benton family.
我可以找份工作
I couId find a job
每两个星期日有一小时看看我的宝贝
and see my baby every second Sunday for one hour,
在法官允许的情况下
as aIIowed by the judge,
然后找合适的机会把他偷走
and find the right moment to steaI him back.
或者我可以让他长大
Or I couId Iet him grow up
以为我只是让他尴尬的什么
thinking I was something other than an embarrassment,
一个穷亲戚
a poor reIation…
或者一个受害者
or a victim.
他可以遐想他真正的母亲
He could daydream about his real mother…
住在别的某个地方
Iiving somewhere out there…
离开了一段时间
away for a time…
但从来没有忘记
but never forgotten.
她一定很美
She’d be beautiful…
聪明
smart…
可能比她曾经表现的更有才华
and more talented than she couId possibIy ever be…
但对我的孩子是那么真实
But so reaI to my boy…
我的宝贝男孩
My baby boy…
我的儿子
My son.
这些天 我找了一份为一家小漫画公♥司♥
These days, I have a job iIIustrating
画插图的工作
for a smaII comic-book company.
尽管他们不称呼他们为漫画书
Except they don’t caII them comic books.
他们叫它们为图形杂♥志♥
They caII them graphic noveIs.
因为它们大多不好笑
Because most of them aren’t funny at aII.
他们非常严肃
They’re very serious.
这些家伙会发疯的
The guys are gonna flip.
太棒了 乔琳娜
These are wonderful, Jolene!
有一次有人告诉我 画你知道的最好的东西
Someone once toId me to draw what you know best.
好主意
Good advice…
我觉得是
I think.
噢 我走了
Well, I’m out of here.
明天上班前见面吧
Meet you before work tomorrow?
农贸市场 老时间
Farmers’ market? Usual time?
听起来不错 玛雅
Sounds great, Maya.
有人告诉我应该演电影
Some ppeoppIe teIl me that I couId act in movies,
因为即使我25岁了 我看着也很年轻
because even though I’m 25, I Iook a Iot younger.
他们喜欢我的声音 承蒙我前夫的帮助
And they Iike my voice that I have, courtesy of my ex-husband.
我的意思是 为什么不呢
I mean, why not?
他们是不说 如果经历了磨难
Don’t they say if you wish hard enough,
你的梦想就可以成真
your dreams might come true?
而当我坐着我自己的豪华轿车回到塔尔萨时
And when I take myseIf back to Tulsa in my limousine
小布拉德可能会去开门
Brad Junior would be there to answer the door…
看到的将是他的电影明星妈妈

and there would be his movie-star mother.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章猛鬼街
下一篇文章独家新闻
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!