最纯净的物种
in their purest form,
我是说完整的 未被改动的基因组
and I mean complete, untouched genomes.
比如恶障龙
Like Moros intrepidus.
真的吗 -对
What? – Yeah.

Wow.
你们会编辑基因吗
What about splicing DNA?
创造新物种
You know, creating new species?
不 萨特勒博士 我们不会那么做
Uh, no, Dr. Sattler, we don’t do that here.
毕竟我们是高级生物
We like to think we’re more evolved.
好了 离你们出发还有
Okay, it looks like we still have
一段时间
some time left before your ride.
你们想亲自参观一下
Uh, would you guys like to tour
这些设施吗
the facilities yourselves?
我觉得…
Oh, uh, I mean…
可以啊
uh, we could.
为什么不呢 -太好了
Yeah, why not? – Great.
我们30分钟后在超级高铁
I’ll meet you guys at the hyperloop, station three,
三号♥站台见
in about 30 minutes.
电梯在大厅这头不在那头
Elevators are down this hall. Not-not those.
那头是去地下楼层的
Those lead you down to the sublevels.
你需要特别许可才能下去
You need special clearance to get down there.
好吧 -30分钟
Oh, okay. – 30 minutes.
给你
Here.
拿好了
Take this.
好了吗 -好了
Okay? – Yep.
很抱歉 只能这样带你过来
I’m really sorry that it had to happen this way.
是啊 绑匪都这么说
Yep, that’s what kidnappers say.
克莱尔就不该把你藏起来
Claire should never have hidden you away.
你实在太重要了 梅茜
You’re way too important, Maisie.
你把它给弄来了
You took her, too.

Yeah.
我们需要它帮助我们研究你
We needed her to help us understand you.
嘿 贝塔
Hey, Beta.
你还好吗
You okay?
你叫它”贝塔”
Did you say “Beta”?
这是它的名字吗
Is that her name?
我给它取的
I gave it to her.
贝塔非常特殊
Beta’s pretty special.
在创造布鲁的时候 我们用巨蜥的基因
You know, when we made Blue, we used monitor lizard DNA
来填补它基因组的空白
to fill in the gaps in her genome.
巨蜥可以在没有配偶的情况下无性繁殖
Monitor lizards can reproduce without a mate,
所以贝塔和布鲁的基因完全相同
so Beta and Blue are genetically identical,
它们的情况就像你和…
and that’s what they have in common with you and…
夏洛特
Charlotte.
关于夏洛特你知道多少
What do you know about Charlotte?
她死了
She died.
死了很久了
A long time ago.
我外公伤心极了
It broke my grandpa’s heart.
所以他创造了我
So he made me.
不 梅茜 其实不是他
No, Maisie, actually, he didn’t.
是夏洛特创造了你
Charlotte made you.
我兴奋极了 能让大家看看我们的成果
I’m so excited for everyone to see what we’ve been doing here.
这里几乎每天都在开♥发♥新技术
There’s new technology being made, new science,
提出新理论
like, every day almost.
我感觉很棒…
And it’s great to be…
能亲眼见证…
it’s great to be in the center…
这些成果
center of that.
夏洛特和我们一起住在索纳岛
Charlotte lived on Site B with all of us.
直到暴风雨来临
Till the storm.
她喜欢恐龙
She loved dinosaurs.
夏洛特 小心点
Charlotte, be careful.
好 我会的
Yeah, I will.
她在科学家身边长大
She grew up around scientists.
然后 最终…
Then, eventually…
她自己也成为了科学家
…she became one herself.
今天早上有只蝴蝶飞进了我的办公室
A butterfly flew into my office this morning.
人们常常说蝴蝶效应
They say tiny things have huge impacts,
这一点我完全同意
and I agree wholeheartedly.
她才华横溢
She was brilliant.
让我望尘莫及
In ways that I’ll never be.
从身份认同上说
In the metaphysics of identity,
复♥制♥品真的是原作吗
can a replica truly be the original?
如果可能的话 是什么让它成为原作
And if it’s possible, what makes it so?
我的钢笔丢了
I’ve lost my pen.
怀的是我吗
Is that me?
是的
Yeah.
就像布鲁一样 夏洛特也能
Just like Blue, Charlotte was able
独自生下一个孩子
to have a child all by herself.
她用自己的基因创造了你
She created you with her own DNA.
所以我有妈妈
So I do have a mother.
你外公不想让任何人知道真♥相♥
Your grandfather didn’t want anyone to know the truth.
他是在保护你和她
He was protecting her and you.
我们是一样的吗
And we’re the same?
你是的
You were.
当你还是个婴儿时
When you were a baby, Charlotte started
夏洛特就开始出现遗传病的症状
to show symptoms of a genetic disorder.
她就是这样死的
That’s how she died.
直到你出生后 她才知道自己得了
She didn’t know she had it until after you were born.
我也有吗
Do I have it, too?
没有
No.
夏洛特修改了你的基因
She changed your DNA.
她改变了你的每个细胞
She altered every cell in your body
根除了这种遗传病
to eradicate this disease.
没人知道她究竟是怎么做到的
No one on earth has ever known how to do that.
她治好了我
She fixed me.
夏洛特的发现是你现在的一部分
Charlotte’s discovery is a part of you now.
你的基因可以改变整个世界
Your DNA could change the world.
我要弄清楚她是怎么做到的
And I have to know how she did it,
可我没法重现她的成果
but I just can’t replicate her work.
如果我能研究你和
If I could just study you
基因从未改变的贝塔 我就能…
and Beta, whose DNA was never changed, I could…
纠正我犯下的严重错误
…fix a terrible mistake that I’ve made.
你犯了什么错
What kind of mistake?
地下六层 受限制区域
Sublevel six. Restricted.
谢谢你陪我来
Thanks for coming.
马尔科姆说的是哪个实验室
Which lab did Malcolm say?
L4
L4.
就是这里
This is it.
好了 进去 拿到样本就出来
Okay, get in, get the sample and get out.
动作轻点
And move slow.
稍有动静蝗虫就会蜂拥而至
They can swarm at the slightest disturbance.
直翅目
Orthoptera.
两周
Two weeks.
完全成熟
Fully mature.
就是这个
This one.
准备好了吗 轻点
Ready? Easy.
好了
Okay.
上吧
Go.
什么
What?
抓住它
Go get it.
必须这么做吗
Is that necessary?
不然你以为我们来这干什么
What did you think was gonna happen?
我必须取个样本
I have to take a sample.
我们需要确凿的证据 就是这个
We need concrete evidence. This is it.
艾伦 你说没时间了
Alan, you said there was no time.
你能抓住吗
Can you get it?
我当然能了
Of course I can get it.
轻点
Easy.
小心它的腿
Watch its legs.
开始
Here we go.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!