Excuse me?
什么
Stop trying to cast your true love instead of just meeting him.
别沉浸在想象中了 去见见你的真爱吧
When I meet him, I’ll know. I’m not so sure.
遇见了我自会知道 我看未必
Love isn’t always a lightning bolt, you know?
爱情不总是如闪电般激荡人心 知道吗
Maybe sometimes it’s just a choice.
有时它可能只是一种选择
Well, that’s easy for you to say!
你说起来轻巧
You’re flying to Argentina to meet the love of your life!
你马上就飞去阿根廷见你的一生挚爱了
That’s just it.
就是这样
I don’t know that Paolo’s the love of my life’
我不清楚保罗是不是我的一生挚爱
but I’ve decided to give him the chance to be.
但我决定给他这个机会
Maybe true love is a decision.
可能爱情就是一种抉择
You know, a decision to take a chance with somebody.
给对方一个机会
To give to somebody without worrying whether
不在意回报 不在意是否会被伤害
they’ll give anything back. Or if they’re gonna hurt you,
也不在意对方是否就是今生唯一
or if they really are the one.
但求给过对方爱的机会
Maybe love isn’t something that happens to you.
也许爱情并不会突然降临
Maybe it’s something you have to choose.
而是需要你来抉择
So what do I do?
那我该怎么做呢
Well, you could start by putting all of those fantasies of
首先 你可以把所有与爱相关的想象
true love where they belong into your work of fiction.
写到你的小说里
‘Love and Other Disasters.’
《相思成灾》
Nice title. Catchy.
不错的标题 挺抢眼
But it’ll never fit on the marquee.
但不适合用在海报上
How about just ‘Love Disasters?’
《爱的灾难》怎么样
What?
什么
I love that Jacks.
我爱死那个阿杰了
She’s got that British quirkiness audiences love.
她具有观众喜欢的英国范儿
‘Hello, Babies!’
嗨 宝贝儿
Yes, but technically she speaks with an American accent
是啊 但事实上 她是美国腔
because she’s grown up in America so…
因为她是在美国长大的 所以
Nah, it’s too complicated. Let’s make her English.
太麻烦了 我们把她打造成英式的
Perfect part for Gwyneth!
太适合格温妮丝演啦
Gwyneth Paltrow?
格温妮丝·帕特洛吗
Finest English actress of her generation!
她这一代中最厉害的英国演员
Brainstorm! Orlando Bloom as the Mexican.
想到了 奥兰多·布鲁姆演那墨西哥人
Paolo’s Argentinean!
保罗是阿根廷人
And we’ll cover the American angle with Drew and Cameron.
美国那边用德鲁和卡梅隆
Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz? As who?
德鲁·巴里摩尔和卡梅隆·迪亚兹吗 演谁呢
Playing David and Tom.
演大卫和汤姆
I’m sorry, you want me to get rid of the gay story line?
不好意思 您想让我去掉同性恋的情节
I don’t want you to get rid of anything!
什么都不去
I’m just saying instead of David and Tom,
我是说 我们不用大卫和汤姆
we have Daisy and Tina.
我们用黛西和蒂娜
I… Also, you gotta fiddle with that ending.
我 另外 你还得改改结局
We need a bigger movie moment
阿杰最后联♥系♥到保罗时
when Jacks finally connects with Paolo.
得来个高♥潮♥
Yes, but…
对 可是
Sorry, the whole point is there is no big movie moment
抱歉 问题是根本就没什么高♥潮♥
because they both discover that true love is a process
因为他们都发现真爱是一个过程
not an event.
而不是一个瞬间
You know, Peter. I get it.
彼得 好 我知道了
This script is like your baby, isn’t it?
这剧本就像你的孩子 是吗
Well, yes, I suppose it is…
恩 是的 我认为是的
I understand that. Believe me, I understand that.
我理解 相信我 我理解的
Come here.
过来
I want to give you some advice!
我想给你点建议
You gotta kill your baby!
你得杀掉你的孩子
You gotta fuckin’ kill your baby!
你♥他♥妈♥的得杀掉你的孩子
Right. Thank you. Thank you.
对 谢谢 谢谢
Sorry.
对不起
Peter! David! Hi!
彼得 大卫 嗨
How are you? Good, good. You?
最近好吗 好 挺好的 你呢
Great, I’ve managed to convince Sotheby’s to transfer me
很好啊 我已经说服苏西比拍卖♥♥行
back to London. How’s the writing going?
把我调回伦敦 你的写作进行得怎么样
Good, thanks, I’ve finally finished a screenplay.
挺好的 谢啦 我已写完了一部剧本
Great! What’s it about?
那太好了 是关于什么的
Oh, it’s just about some guy who realizes he’s been
是写一个人意识到自己总在
Iooking for love in all the wrong places.
错误的地方找寻真爱
Like in hotel lobbies? Yes, or in his head.
比如酒店大厅吗 对 还有自己脑袋里
Well, congratulations! Thank you, thank you.
祝贺你 谢谢 谢谢
You may want to wait until you’ve seen the film.
等电影拍出来再祝贺吧
I don’t need to.
不用了
I’m congratulating you for having the courage to write it.
我要祝贺的是你写作的勇气
How it turns out or even if it turns out
谋事在人 成事在天
that’s out of your hands.
努力过就好
Anyway, take care. Yes. You, too.
不管怎样 保重 好 你也是
It’s on the left when we get out.
咱出去后左拐
David!
大卫
Peter?
彼得
Are you OK?
你还好吧
No. Actually, I’m very out of shape and that nearly killed me.
不好 事实上 我很不好 快烦透了
But I needed to tell you two things.
我得告诉你两件事
First, I’m really sorry I was so self-absorbed
首先 很抱歉和你初次见面时
when I first met you at brunch.
我表现得过于自私了
You don’t have to apologize to me.
你不用和我道歉
Oh, no, I’m not apologizing to you.
不 我不是在道歉
I’m sorry for my own sake.
我是为自己遗憾
You see, I was so caught up in my own head.
我之前执迷于自己的幻想
I missed out on getting to know you.
错过了与你相识的机会
And I would like to get to know you.
我想进一步了解你
I mean if you’d be willing to give me another chance?
你能否再给我一次机会
Maybe let me take you out for dinner?
能让我请你吃顿饭吗
Oh, I don’t know.
我不知道
See, I’ve had this fantasy
知道吗 我一直想象着
in my head about having dinner with you.
能够和你一起吃饭
What if you don’t live up to it?
如果你又搞砸了怎么办
Oh well, then I’d just have to
那我就一直请你吃饭
keep taking you out until I get it right.
直到令你满意为止
Yeah? Yeah.
好吗 好的
French or ltalian?
法国还是意大利餐厅
I think ltalian.
还是意大利的吧
Good.

Paolo!
保罗
Jacks!
阿杰
Paolo, I’ve been such a bloody fool!
保罗 我真是个大傻蛋
Can you ever forgive me?
你能原谅我吗
Love means always forgiving.
爱就意味着无条件的原谅
And I do love you, Paolo! I do!
保罗 我真的爱你 真的
They made me write that ending.
他们逼我把结局写成这样
Apparently, audiences demanded that Jacks and Paolo have
显然 观众希望阿杰和保罗
this big Hollywood moment.
能来个好莱坞式的结局
I loved that ending.
我喜欢这样的结尾
How can you love that ending? It’s so artificial!
你怎么喜欢这样的结局呢 这太假啦
It’s a lot better than what really happened!
比真实状况好千百倍
I agree, I don’t think having Jacks arrive in Argentina
我同意 如果说阿杰到阿根廷
with a bad case of diarrhoea would have had the same impact.
得了严重的腹泻 可就太煞风景了
I loved how I came across.
我喜欢我的出场
You were played by Drew Barrymore!
德鲁·巴里摩尔扮演你
Who totally captured my essence.
她完全抓住了我的精髓
Drew was absolutely brilliant in that.
德鲁表演得太好啦
Well, I don’t like to brag but I really think I stole the movie!
我本不喜欢吹嘘 可我太抢镜了
I mean, I was funny. Touching. Eccentric. Real.
我风趣有人情味 有些古怪却真性情
If a little old for the part.
就是老了点儿
And I have to applaud
我得感谢你
your decision not to show me ending up with James.
没把我和他的事搬上大银幕
Why? Are you ashamed of our relationship?
为什么 难道我让你难堪吗
No, of course not, darling.
不 当然不是啦 亲爱的
It’s just that you were the villain
只是你之前是个反派
and it just wouldn’t have felt very believable.
加上这一段会显得很假
What a clever boy you are! Thank you.
真是个聪慧的小伙子 谢谢

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!