Dr. Hallerin, if you’re on fourth floor,
海洛温医生 如果你在四层
please come to the nurses station.
请到护士站来一下
I can call him if you want, Lee,
如果你想的话我可以打电♥话♥给他 李
and tell him what happened.
告诉他发生了什么事
– Okay, thanks. – No problem.
-好的 谢了 -没事
Tell him what happened.
告诉他发生了什么事
Tell him I’ll call him tonight.
告诉他我会今晚打电♥话♥给他
Talk about arrangements.
商议一下后事
Somebody should call my wife.
还得有人打电♥话♥给我老婆
– Your, uh, uh… – Ex-wife.
-你的… -前妻
– You mean Randi? – Randi.
-你是说兰迪吗 -兰迪
– Yes, I’m sorry. I meant Randi. – That’s okay.
-对 抱歉 就是兰迪 -没问题
I already thought of that. I’ll take care of it.
我之前就想到了 我会打电♥话♥给她的
– Okay. Thank you. – No problem.
-好的 谢了 -不客气
– Can I see him now? – Sure.
-我现在能看他了吗 -当然
Lee, I can wait up here.
李 我能在这等着
Lee, if you need anything.
李 如果你有什么需要
Okay.
好的
– Thanks. – Yeah.
-谢谢 -不客气
Would you like a Kleenex?
你要纸巾吗
– Yeah, thanks. Yeah. – Yeah.
-好 谢谢 -不客气
Can I get a couple Kleenex, please?
我能拿两张纸巾吗
Thanks, hon.
谢了 亲爱的
– I’m sorry. – Oh, please.
-抱歉 -没关系的
– How is Dr. Betheny? – Oh, she’s doing very well.
-贝瑟尼医生怎么样了 -她很好
She just had twin girls.
她刚生了一对双胞胎女儿
– Oh, Irene told me that. – Yeah.
-艾琳和我说了 -对
I call this afternoon and tell her what happened.
我下午给她打电♥话♥说了发生的事情
She was very good to him.
她对他很好
Yeah, she was.
她确实
The disease is commonly referred to as congestive heart failure.
这种病通常被称作充血性心力衰竭
– Oh, my God. – Are you familiar with it?
-我的天 -你熟悉这种病吗
– No. – Then what are you saying “Oh, my God” for?
-不 -那你刚才为什么说”我的天”
Because– what is it?
因为 到底是什么病
She’s trying to explain it, honey.
她正想解释 亲爱的
– I’m sorry, Dr. Beth… – Betheny.
-抱歉 贝瑟… -贝瑟尼医生
– Betheny, I’m sorry. – Not a problem.
-贝瑟尼 抱歉 -没关系
So you were saying.
所以你接着说
It’s a gradual deterioration of the muscles of the heart.
是一种心脏肌肉的逐渐衰竭
It’s usually associated with older people.
通常发生在老年人身上
But in rare cases, it will occur in a younger person.
但也有极个别病例发生在年轻人身上
Some people live up to 50-60 years
一些人五六十年间
with just an occasional attack.
只会偶然发病一次
But most people suffer periodic episodes,
但大多数患者发病有周期性
like the one you had on Monday,
会像你在周一那样
which mimic the symptoms of a heart attack,
出现进一步削弱肌肉的
and which further weaken the muscle.
类心脏病症状
They can put you out of commission for a week, two weeks.
可能会让你卧床一到两周
And you’ll need to be hospitalized so we can monitor your heart,
你需要住院好让我们实时监测心脏情况
because the risk of cardiac arrest is elevated for a week or two.
因为这一两周内心跳骤停的风险很大
Oh, my God.
我的天
– But in between, – It’s okay.
-但一般情况下 -没关系
most people feel perfectly healthy.
大多数患者感觉很健康
You can basically live a normal life.
可以过基本的正常生活
Wait. So what do you mean some people live to be 50-60 years?
等等 你说一些人活了五六十年是什么意思
I mean, are you saying total?
你是说只活到五六十岁
Or are saying when they’re diagnosed with this?
还是说在他们被确诊后还活了五六十年
Or what? What are you saying?
还是怎样 到底是什么意思
And tell me the fuckin’ truth.
告诉我实情吧
Total.
只活到五六十岁
For most people with the particulars of your condition,
绝大多数像你这种情况的患者
the average life expectancy is five to ten years.
平均还能再活五到十年
The statistics vary widely.
统计数据差异很大
You’re not a statistic.
统计数字不能代表你
You’re just one person,
你只是一个个体
and we don’t know what’s gonna happen to you yet.
我们不知道你将来会怎样
But it’s not a good disease.
但这不什么好病
What is a good disease?
什么是疾病
– Poison Ivy. – Athlete’s foot?
-接触毒漆引起的皮疹 -脚癣吗
– It’s a comedy routine. – Elise, please.
-简直在搞笑 -伊莉斯 拜托
– For Christ’s sake. – Oh, my God!
-看在上帝的份上 -我的天
When am I gonna put one foot right?
你什么时候才能不挑我刺
– How about a hint? – Elise…
-给点提示怎么样 -伊莉斯…
– Daddy. – What?
-爸 -怎么了
She’s fine.
她没事
We’re all upset.
我们都很难过
We’re all gonna listen,
我们要继续听
then we’re gonna ask any of the questions we wanna ask,
然后问我们能想到的所有问题
and then we’re gonna figure out what to do together, right?
接着我们看能一起做点什么 对吗
– Right. – Sure.
-对 -当然
So you were saying, Dr. Beth.
那你接着说 贝瑟医生
– Betheny, Dad. – It’s Dr. Betheny, Dad.
-贝瑟尼 爸 -贝瑟尼医生 爸
Get it right.
把名字说对了
I do not see where the humor lies in this situation.
我不知道你们现在哪里来的幽默感
– Elise, you must calm down. – No.
-伊莉斯 你要冷静 -不
– I’m sorry, I’m not trying to… – No, no, don’t.
-抱歉 我不想… -不 别
No more. I’m not gonna. Nope.
别说了 我待不下去了 不
– Elise, let me get you a glass of water. – No.
-伊莉斯 我给你拿杯水吧 -不用
– Daddy, forget it. – Forget it like you.
-爸 算了吧 -就像你一样算了吧
Everybody should be just like you.
每个人都该像你
You know what? I am tired of being the bad guy here.
你知道吗 我不想在这当坏人了
Jesus Christ! Who’s in the fuckin’ hospital here?
老天 现在躺在医院里的是谁
Right. Right. So I’ll be the bad guy,
对对 所以我是坏蛋
and you be in the hospital and explain the jokes to your son.
你在医院向你儿子解释笑话去吧
– I’m going home. – You’re going home?
-我回家了 -你要回家了
– You’re going home? – Yep!
-你要回家了 -对
– Let me get her back. – Fuck her.
-我去把她拉回来 -去她的
– Come on with that stuff already! – Stop that shit!
-别再那样说了 -闭嘴
Thank you, Tony.
谢谢 托尼
Thank you.
谢谢
I have to get up to Manchester.
我得去趟曼彻斯特
Nobody told Patrick, right?
没人告诉帕特里克 对吗
No, you had asked for us to wait for you to get here.
没有 你让我们在这等你回来
– Yes. Thank you. – Okay.
-对 谢了 -不用谢
So, um,
那么
what is the procedure now?
接下来的流程是怎样的
Oh, now you have to make arrangements with a funeral parlor.
你得和殡仪馆协调安排
And they pretty much take care of everything.
他们会很好地照料后事
I don’t know the name of one.
我一个殡仪馆的名字都不知道
That’s all right. We can help you with that.
没关系 我们可以帮你
Oh, yeah.

And they’ll just come and pick him up?
然后他们就会过来把他带走吗
– Yeah. – Yes.
-对 -对
– I can make those calls, Lee. – Okay.
-我能去打电♥话♥ 李 -好的
Let me know if you need any help with anything.
如果有需要帮忙的随时告诉我
Okay. Thank you.
好的 谢谢
Yeah, we’ve gotta talk about the boat
对了 我们还要谈谈
and the website,
船和网站的事
and all that.
还有其他的一切
Sure. I’m around.
当然 我随时都在
I gotta get up there before school let’s out, so–
我得在学校放学前赶过去 所以…
You just have to sign for Joe’s belongings.
你只需要签字领走乔的遗物
Right this way.
这边走
Just gotta sign right here.
在这里签字就行
Dr. Hallerin, if you’re on fourth floor,
海洛温医生 如果你在四层
please come to the nurses station.
请到护士站
Where’s Joe’s belongings? The plastic bag right here.
乔的东西呢 就是放在这的那个塑料袋
Sorry. Give me a sec.
不好意思 稍等一下
Where’s Joe’s belongings?
乔的东西呢
All right, all right. That’s good. Hup!
对 就这样 很好

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!