不…哦,我也不知道
No, well, I don’t know.
我说,你是认真的吗?
I mean, you serious?
是的!哦,天啊,那样会很棒的
Yes! Oh, God, it’ll be wonderful.
你这么鼓励她做什么?
What are you encouraging her for?
– 她是个很棒的厨师 – 我知道,可是… – 哦,谢谢你
– She’s a great cook. – I know, but… – Well, thanks to you.
其实,是他出主意去上烹调课,所以,我是说…
Actually, it was his idea of cooking lessons. So, I mean…
对,但开餐馆是严肃的生意,我是说你不能轻描淡写
Yes, but a restaurant is a serious business. I mean, you just can’t take that lightly.
– 你不能漫不经心对待开餐馆 – 我没有漫不经心
– You can’t be cavalier about a restaurant. – I’m not being cavalier, Sy.
你知道这有多耗时间吗?
Do you know how time-consuming it is?
– 你每天晚上都得在 – 绝对的
– You’ll be there every night. – Absolutely.
– 听着听着 – 他们会偷你的,如果…
– Look, look. – They steal from you if…
– 但这是我做的事,拉里 – 她会烹饪,她很厉害,她是专家
– But it’s what I do, Larry. – She’ll cook. She’s great. She’s a pro.
她是专家,她会在厨房♥烹饪
She’s a pro. She’ll be cooking in the kitchen.
而我就在前面,经营餐吧
And I’ll be at the front, running the joint.
– 就像里克那样 – 不像那么容易的
– Like Rick in Casablanca…. – It’s not like that easy.
– 在《卡萨布兰卡》里 – 对 – 反正要做饭,不如靠它挣到钱
– …in Casablanca. – Right. – …do it anyway, might as well get paid for it.
我是认真的,不是说像个爱好那样,我想要认真…
I’m serious about it. I mean it’s not like a hobby. I think I’d serious…
我会当第一个顾客
I’ll be the first customer.
你看,我在想撮合泰德跟海伦·杜宾
You know I was thinking of fixing Ted up with Helen Dubin.
然后我想到他们可能会因为阴♥茎♥嫉妒 [心理] 之类的事吵起来
Then I figured they would just get into an argument over penis envy or something.
– 哦 – 可怜的人,深受其苦
– Oh. – Poor guy suffers from it so.
他是不是看起来有点太振奋了?
Didn’t he seem a little too cheerful?
不,他在我看来跟平时一样,不过…
No, he seemed like his regular self to me, but, uh,
当你提起开餐馆的想法的时候
when you brought up the notion of the restaurant,
这家伙就跟萤火虫先生一样亮起来
the guy lit up like Mr. Glowworm.
餐馆?
The restaurant?
对,他把自己当成…
Yeah, he sees himself as,
你知道,《卡萨布兰卡》的亨弗莱·鲍嘉
you know, Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca.
– 我看他更像彼得·洛里 – 不不不
– I see him more as Peter Lorre… – No, no, no,
– …挥着双手 – 我是说,豪斯先生
– … wringing his hands. – I mean, Mr. House.
豪斯先生
Mr. House.
你看他不是有点过于振奋了?
Didn’t he seem a little too cheerful to you?
– 豪斯先生,咱们隔壁的鳏夫? – 对
– Mr. House, our next-door widower? – Yes.
对,我看有问题,你知道吧
Yes, I mean, there’s problem, you know.
我说,他好像太镇定了…
I mean, he seemed too composed…
就一个刚死了妻子的男人来说,你不觉得吗?
…for a man whose wife just died, don’t you think?
老天,你要这人怎么做,走到街上歇斯底里哭泣吗?
Jesus, what do you want the guy to do, walk down the street sobbing hysterically?
哦,我不知道,我只知道…
I don’t know. All I know is,
他们本应该憧憬着他们的,那个,纪念日
they were supposedly looking forward to their, you know, anniversary.
然后…然后…你看
And, and…you know…
要是我突然倒地死了,你不会哭上几个月几年吗?
If I suddenly dropped dead, wouldn’t you sob for months or years? If I, you know…
不要开这种玩笑,好吗?我不喜欢这种言论
Don’t make those kind of jokes, okay? I don’t like those remarks.
再说,我才是那个需要做身体♥检♥查的人
Meanwhile, I’m the guy who needs a physical checkup.
哦,我不知道
Well, I don’t know.
我说,依我看,他看起来是有那么一点过于神气
I mean, to me, he seemed just a little too perky.
你看,突然间,他就想吃法式甜点
You know. Now, suddenly, he wants his French desserts…
还有“好好享受歌♥剧”
and “Have a nice time at the opera.”
还有,天啊,“你真是装扮了一番”,我是说…
And, my God, “You’re certainly dressed up.” I mean, you know…
– 这人应该萎靡不振才对 – 对
– This guy should be a wreck. – Right.
同时,我没法把《漂泊的荷兰人》主题歌♥赶出我的脑海,知道吧
Meanwhile, I can’t get the Flying Dutchman theme out of my mind, you know.
提醒我明天买♥♥下城里所有的瓦格纳唱片,还有…
Remind me tomorrow to buy up all the Wagner records in town and…
…租一把电锯
rent a chain saw.
– 海伦·杜宾跟泰德不合适 – 啊?
– Helen Dubin’s wrong for Ted. – Yeah?
她太像老鼠样了
She’s too mousey.
他也有点老鼠样,他们可以一起享受啮齿动物的时光
He’s a little mousey too. They can have rodent time together.
他们可以一起啃奶酪
They can eat cheese together.
哦,老天
Oh, Christ!
哈喽?
Hello?
是的,是的,你当然吵醒我们了
Yes, yes, yes, of course you woke us.
你知道,不是人人凌晨一点还醒着在看色情频道
You know, not everybody is up at 1:00 in the morning watching the porn channel.
– 我让她接 – 谁啊?
– I’ll put her on. – Who is it?
– 泰德,找你的 – 哦
– Ted, for you. – Oh!
泰德,嗨
Ted, hi.
我想出他怎么杀的她了,装成是冠心病
I figured out how he killed her, made it look like a coronary.
他塞住她的口然后把她绑在跑步机上
He gagged her and tied her to the treadmill,
然后,他把锻炼程序调到奥利匹克水平
and then, he turned the exercise program up to Olympic levels.
不,我…不
No, I… No.
你看,我是说,我只是认为这人太神气了
You know, I mean, I just think this guy is too perky.
知道吧,我是说…
You know, I mean,
他的行为不像是一个28年的爱人…
he’s not acting like a man whose beloved of 28 years…
– … 几天前刚死的男人 – 天,你还在说这个?
– died just a few days ago. – Jesus, are you onto that?
– 我的天,我以为你只是开玩笑 – 对,我知道
– My God, I thought you were just joking. – Yeah. I know.
让我跟他说
Let me speak to him.
什么?哦,给,等一下,拉里说…
What? Oh, here, just a second, here’s Larr…
喂,听着,她不是被谋杀的
Hey, listen. She was not murdered.
她有心脏病,是冠心病
She had a heart attack. It was a coronary.
有个医生在,他说“他是个老人”
There was a doctor there. He said, “He’s an old man.”
你怎么知道他是真的医生?
How do you know he’s a real doctor?
我不打算碰这个话题
I’m not going to touch that.
我累了,我要去睡觉
I’m tired. I want to go to sleep.
等等等等,等一下,让卡萝尔回来接
Wait, wait, wait a minute. Put Carol back on.
我打来是为了别的事
I called about something else.
听好,我知道一个很棒的地方可以开餐馆
Listen, I know a great location for a restaurant.
嗯,看这个
Huh? Look at this.
– 不是很棒吗?这些墙 – 哦,很暗
– Isn’t this great? These walls. – Well, it’s dark.
– 就像是你得穿过山洞 – 哦,我懂了
– It’s like you have to go through a cave. – Oh, I see.
– 接着,你来到这里 – 看这个
– Then, you come out to this. – Look at this, though.
– 真的很漂亮 – 是不是很棒?
– It’s really so beautiful. – Huh? Isn’t it great?
但开餐馆来说有点背街了,是不是?
But it’s kind of out of the way for a restaurant, isn’t it?
– 不不,这才有吸引力 – 嗯哼
– No, no, it’s the appeal, that’s just the appeal. – Uh-huh.
– 因为像这样藏在后面这里很浪漫啊 – 对
– Because it’s so romantic tucked away back in here like this. – Yeah.
– 你可不会想要街边店,你会要… – 不会
– You don’t want street trade. You want… – No.
你会想要一个小小的背街之处,听人说起过的
You want a little out-of-the-way spot that people hear about…
情人们都去,要提前几个月预订,桌位非常少
and lovers go to, takes months to get a reservation, very few tables.
你还真的仔细考虑过这事
You’ve really thought this out.
我以前总是跟朱莉一起来这里,我们还结着婚时
I used to come here all the time with Julie when we were married.
常常走过这里
Used to walk around here.
晚上真的很美,动人极了
Really beautiful at night. It’s gorgeous.
很美丽,我信
It’s beautiful. I bet.
我常想,我跟朱莉在这里做什么?
I used to think, what am I doing here with Julie?
我们再也不相爱了,这让那些时刻加倍心酸
We don’t love each other anymore. Made the moment doubly poignant.
– 嗨,你好吗? – 嗨,你好吗?
– Hi, how are you? – Hi, how are you?
– 哦,天 – 这是我的“浮岛”
– Oh, my. – These are my floating islands.
– 希望你喜欢酥皮 – 我爱死了,进来吧
– I hope you like meringue. – I love it. Come on in.
– 噢 – 不可思议
– Well, um… – This is unbelievable.
– 是你做的吗? – 就是我做的,我跟你说过的
– Did you do it? – I did do it. I told you.
总之,这里有…这个是香草酱
Anyway, this has got… This is vanilla sauce here.
– 我放了点巧克力松露,你喜欢巧… – 进来,你们跟我一起吃吗?
– I put little chocolate truffles. Do you like ch… – Come on in. Would you share it with me?
– 她专给你做的 – 哦,这个 – 不不不
– She made these just for you. – Oh, well… – No, no, no.
– 一个人吃太多了,我去做些咖啡 – 这只有半打
– it’s too much for one. I’ll make some coffee. – There’s only half a dozen.
– 请 – 不不不,我去煮咖啡,那比较好,我来煮
– Please. – No, no, no, I’ll make the coffee. That’ll be better. Let me make it.
– 你做的太多了 – 不不,我坚持,我坚持
– You’ve done so much. – No, no, no. I insist.
– 来吧,坐下,放松,好好享用 – 你太好了
– Come on. Sit down, relax. Enjoy yourself. – Aren’t you nice.
– 你经历够多的了 – 她忙着那些为…
– You’ve been through enough. – She worked on those for…
你怎么样?
How you holding up?
哦,我不知道,我在想过一阵子…
Oh, I don’t know. I was thinking after a while…
我要离开这里,这个地方以及所有这些记忆
I’d get away from here, this place and all its memories.
那么有人跟你一起走还是…
So, you have someone to go with or…
我有个兄弟在弗罗里达
I have a brother in Florida.
– 希望他能抽出点空来 – 好,是个好主意
– Hoping he can get away for a while. – Good, it’s a good idea.
– 你喜欢浮潜吗? – 浮潜?不,我会紧张…
– Do you like snorkeling? – Snorkeling? No. I get nervous…
那些发亮的彩色鱼脸对脸盯着我
when brightly colored fish are staring at me face-to-face, you know.
嘿,我有些邮票想给你看
Hey, I’ve got some stamps I wanted to show you.
哦,邮票,哇
Oh, stamps. Wow.
看这些
Look at these.
嗯,好了
Hmm. Okay.
在这里吗?
Is that here?
真好喝,你是个艺术家
This is really delicious. You are an artist.
哦,非常感谢
Well, thanks very much.
嗯,是不是办了个大型的,呃,葬礼?
Mmm. Was it a large, uh, funeral?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!