你知道雕像们正在微笑
That he cares
虽然老妇人的叫卖♥♥声
Though her words
微弱而简单
Are simple and few
听 你听
Listen, listen
她在向你呼唤
She’s calling to you
喂喂这些小鸟
Feed the birds
一袋两便士
Tuppence a bag
只要两便士
Tuppence, tuppence
两便士一袋
Tuppence a bag
虽然老妇人的叫卖♥♥声
Though her words
微弱而简单
Are simple and few
听 你听
Listen, listen
她在向你呼唤
She’s calling to you
喂喂这些小鸟
Feed the birds
一袋两便士
Tuppence a bag
只要两便士
Tuppence, tuppence
两便士
Tuppence
一袋
A bag
现在给我记住 银行是一个安静且庄重的地方
Now remember that a bank is a quiet and decorous place,
所以要表现出我们最好的举止
so we must be on our best behaviour.
我还以为那是你的银行
But I thought it was your bank.
好吧 我是银行里面一个年轻的职员
Yes, well, I’m one of the younger officers…
所以在某种程度上是 有那么几分
so in a sense it is, sort of.
迈克尔 看
Michael, look!
-是她 -谁
-It’s her! -Who?
她是谁
It’s who?
卖♥♥鸟食的老妇人 就像玛丽·泼平斯所描述的
The bird woman. Just where Mary Poppins said she would be.
你确实看到她了 对吧 父亲
You do see her, don’t you, Father?
当然我能看到她
Well, of course I can see her.
离我眼皮子这么近的我能看不到
Do you think I can’t see past the end of my nose?
听 父亲 她在叫卖♥♥
Listen, Father, she’s saying it.
喂喂小鸟 一袋两便士
Feed the birds. Tuppence a bag.
当然她在叫卖♥♥ 她还能说别的什么吗
Well, of course she’s saying it. What else would she be saying?
-我们能喂喂这些小鸟吗 -为什么
-Please may we feed the birds? -Whatever for?
我从我的储蓄罐里面拿了两便士
I have tuppence from my money box.
就这一次 求求你了
Just this once, please?
把你的钱浪费在一群肮脏的鸟身上 当然不行
Waste your money on a lot of ragamuffin birds? Certainly not.
但是玛丽·泼平斯说
But Mary Poppins…
我对玛丽·泼平斯说的话不感兴趣
I am not interested in what Mary Poppins says.
今天也不想再听到她的名字
Nor do I wish to keep hearing her name for the remainder of the day.
现在快跟上来
Now come along!
但这是我的两便士
But it’s my tuppence!
迈克尔 我决不允许你把钱这样扔掉
Michael, I will not permit you to throw your money away!
等我们到了银行
When we get to the bank,
我会教你该怎么处置你的两便士
I shall show you what may be done with your tuppence.
我想你也会发现这会非常有意思
And I think you’ll find it extremely interesting.
你好 班克斯 这些都是谁
Hello, Banks. What’s all this about?
-道斯先生 他们都是我的孩子 -我想也是
-These are my children, Mr Dawes. -Well, so I assumed.
-但他们在这里干什么 -他们想开一个户头
-But why are they here? -They wish to open an account, sir.
-真的 -是的
-Oh, indeed? -Yes.
那么年轻人 你有多少钱呢
And just how much money do you have, young man?
-两便士 但是我想用来买♥♥鸟食 -嘘
-Tuppence. But I want it to feed the birds. -Shh, shh, shh, shh, shh.
两便士
Tuppence?
两便士恰好就是我起家的资金
Tuppence? Precisely how I started.
那是银行的主席 老道斯先生
That’s the chairman of the bank, the elder Mr Dawes.
金融界的一位伟人(也可翻译为巨人 大力士)
A giant in the world of finance.
-一个大力士 -嘘
-A giant? -Shh, shh, shh.
唔 父亲 这些是班克斯的孩子
Uh, Father, these are Banks’s children.
-他们想来开个户头 -噢 是么 孩子
-They want to open an account. -Oh, they do, do they, boy?
好极了 好极了
Excellent. Excellent.
我们总 总能让
We can al-always use…
让钱发挥更大的作用 对吧 孩子
al-always use more money to, to put to work for the bank, can’t we, boy?
这么说 你有两便士
So, you have tuppence?
我能看看吗
May I be permitted to see it?
不 我想用它来买♥♥鸟食喂鸟
No. I want it to feed the birds!
胡说 喂鸟 你能得到什么 更胖的鸟
Fiddlesticks, boy! Feed the birds and what have you got? Fat birds!
但是如果你把你的两便士
But if you invest your tuppence
明智地存入银行
Wisely in the bank
两便士将完好无损
Safe and sound
很快 那安全地投资在银行里的两便士
Soon that tuppence safely invested in the bank
会滋生利息
Will compound
当财富不断地膨胀
And you’ll achieve that sense of conquest
你将获得成就感
As your affluence expands
(你的钱)在一群
In the hands
懂得
Of the directors
恰当投资的
Who invest
银行经理手中
As propriety demands
-我来解释吧 先生 -来吧 班克斯
-May I, sir? -Carry on, Banks.
你瞧 迈克尔 你将会成为如下项目的投资人
You see, Michael, you’ll be part of…
-穿越非洲大♥陆♥的铁路 -完全正确
-Railways through Africa -Exactly!
-尼罗河大坝 -还有那船 告诉他们船的投资
-Dams across the Nile -The ships. Tell them about the ships.
-远洋快轮 -还有 都告诉他们
F-leets of ocean greyhounds -More, tell them more!
伟大的自我分期还贷的运河
Majestic self-amortizing canals
哦 想象力真丰富
Oh, it fires the imagination!
成熟的大庄园
Plantations of ripening
茶叶
Tea
所有的这一切都来自于
All from
将两便士明智地 成功地 节俭地
Tuppence prudently thriftily, frugally
投资在 这很明确
Invested in the To be specific
道斯 托姆斯·莫斯利 格鲁布斯
In the Dawes, Tomes Mousley, Grubbs
信托投资银行
Fidelity Fiduciary Bank
很好 孩子 把钱给我
Very well, my boy, give me the money.
不 我不要 我要拿去买♥♥鸟食喂鸟
No, I won’t! I want it to feed the birds.
-班克斯 -是的 先生 马上给他 迈克尔
-Banks! -Yes, sir. Now, Michael.
当你在银行的户头上存入两便士
When you deposit tuppence in a bank account
-继续 -很快你将看见
-Go on! -Soon you’ll see
-都告诉他 -半年后它将
-Tell him more! -That it blooms into credit of a generous amount
发展成为一笔巨大的财富
Semiannually
当财富不断地膨胀
And you’ll achieve that sense of stature
你将获得成就感
As your influence expands
建立信贷机构的
To the high financial strata
金融界最高层人士现在宣布
That established credit now commands
你可以购买♥♥第一和第二类信托契约
You can purchase first and second trust deeds.
想象一下回赎抵押品权利的取消所发生的事情吧
Think of the foreclosures!
债券 个人资产 股息 股票
Bonds, chattels, dividends, shares.
-破产 -债权转让
-Bankruptcies. -Debtor sales.
-机遇 -各种形形色♥色♥的私人企业
-Opportunities. -All manner of private enterprise.
-船坞 -商船
-Shipyards. -The mercantile.
-煤矿 -皮革厂
-Collieries. -Tanneries.
-公♥司♥ -合并
-Corporations. -Amalgamations.
银行
Banks!
当英格兰的银行兴旺时
While stand the banks of England…
英格兰屹立不倒
England stands.
但英格兰的银行倒闭时
When fall the banks of England…
英格兰没落
England falls!
你看到么吗 迈克尔 所有这一切都因
You see, Michael? All for the lack of…
缺乏对两便士进行耐心地 谨慎地
Tuppence patiently, cautiously
信赖地投资在
trustingly invested in the
这很明确
To be specific In the
道斯 托姆斯·莫斯利 格鲁布斯
Dawes, Tomes, Mousley, Grubbs
信托投资银行
Fidelity Fiduciary Bank
欢迎来到我们这个快乐的投资者大家庭
Welcome to our joyful family of investors.
还给我 把钱还给我
Give it back! Gimme back my money!
-迈克尔 注意你的举止 -班克斯
-Michael, behave. -Banks!
把钱还给我
Give it to me!
-迈克尔 听话 简 简 -把钱还给我
-Michael, behave. Jane! Jane! -Gimme back my money!
简 迈克尔 迈克尔 迈克尔
Jane! Michael! Michael! Michael!
-把钱还给我 -迈克尔
-Gimme back my money! -Michael!
出了什么问题 银行拒绝兑现了
There’s something wrong. The bank won’t give someone their money!
天 我要拿回我的钱
Well, I’m going to get mine!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!