I’m a little strapped financially. But I’d love to come to State.
我们很愿意提供奖学金和助学贷款
Well, we have scholarships and financial aid. We’d love to help.
到时候来找我
Come see me.
好的 先生
Yes, sir.
你迟到了
You’re late.
对不起 进来的时候遇到点麻烦…
I’m sorry. I was over at the admissions…
没时间解释了 快去舞台上准备吧
No time for apologies. On the stage, let’s go, come on.
我按你要求准备了三段演讲
I picked three speeches, like you asked.
你想先听哪个?
Now, which one do you wanna see first?
最好的 抓紧时间
The good one. Tick, tock. Come on.
好的
All right.
最后的晚餐散场了
Last meal’s been eaten.
最后的祈祷结束了
Last prayer has been said.
囚犯被送上了电椅…
The prisoner is strapped into the electric chair…
伯明翰的自♥由♥之战开展得如火如荼
My black brothers will gladly sacrifice for freedom overseas
我的黑人兄弟为自♥由♥牺牲而感到自豪
when there’s freedom in Birmingham
直到我获得投票权
until my right to vote in this country
否则我将为之献身
precedes my obligation to die for it.
过来 坐这儿
Just sit down there, please. Right here.
你很喜欢演讲?
You like it up there?
对 我…
Yeah, l…
那种感觉 无可比拟
I like it better than anything.
为什么?
Why?
我不知道
I don’t know.
等一下
Stop right there.
这是你说的第一句实话”我不知道”
That’s the first honest thing you’ve said, “l don’t know.”
你根本不知道你为什么站在演讲台上
You don’t know why you’re up there.
你甚至不知道自己在说什么
You don’t even know what you’re saying.
当然 你有天份 有热情
Sure, you’re talented and passionate.
你也就能愚弄那些高中老评委 可在这行不通
You could fool some bluehaired judge in high school, but not here.
这里需要的是更高的水平
This is another league.
等等 我…
Wait a minute, l…
我参加的每个比赛我都拿了冠军
I’ve won every single tournament I’ve ever entered.
你却认为我不行?
You didn’t think that I was good?
你是我见过最有天份 最有才能的演讲者
I think you’re the most gifted, natural speaker I have ever seen,
你拥有难以置信的潜力
and you have incredible potential.
但也是个自以为是的傻瓜
And you are completely full of shit.
等等 就这样完了?
Hold on, wait a minute. So that’s it?
我为此准备了六年 好吗?
I’ve been working towards this for the last six years, all right?
我不要求…不一定非要全额奖学金 我可以…
I’m not asking… It doesn’t have to be a full scholarship. I can…
听我一句劝 你还未准备好
Look, my advice? You’re not ready.
体验生活 充实自己
Go live a life. Fill yourself up.
找出人生的真谛 锤炼出自己的见解
Find out what’s important, earn a point of view.
-我… -锤炼
-I… -Earn.
锤炼出自己的见解 感觉心中有话要说时再来找我
Earn a point of view. Then come back when you’ve got something to say.
“体验生活” 见鬼
“Get a life” My ass.
我曾经也有生活 只是再也回不去了
I had a life, and there was no way I was going back to it.
走运的是 政♥府♥有一项政策
Fortunately, the government had this program
让你可以走出国门体验生活
where you could gain valuable life experience and see the world.
他们为你提供教育 作为交换
They would guarantee your education in exchange for services rendered.
你得去越南服兵役
It was called Vietnam.
第一军队 1970
我的决定也许有点草率
My reaction may have been a bit hasty.
在越南的半年
After six months in country,
让我觉得波特兰的生活并非那么遭
life in Portland didn’t seem all that bad.
在他们占领之前 我们得撤离这座山坡
So we’re gonna move off this hill before they decide to take it from us.
我需要四名志愿者留守阵地
I need four volunteers to stay behind.
这是成为英雄的大好时机
This is your chance to be a hero.
英雄是我的梦想
I always wanted to be a hero.
那好 还有三个名额
All right, there we go. I need three more.
一区一区 我们需要援助
Sector One. Sector One. We need help!
我们受到敌方攻击 完毕
Under fire in the sector. Over.

Let’s move!
我们完了 快撤
We’re out. Let’s go. We’re out.
你们很勇敢 你们的表现对得起身上的军服
What you did out there took courage. Know your outfit is proud of you.
我只是想让你们明白 我为你们骄傲
I just wanted you to understand that I’m personally proud of you.
在越南的这段日子
I got something planned for you you can enjoy,
我为你们准备了充足的食物
while you’re right here in Vietnam.
坚持到底
Carry on.
酒可真多啊
Oh, the mother lode.
谁想要勋章啊?
Who needs a medal, huh?
我可不需要
I don’t want a medal, man.
为了活下去干杯
To surviving the surviving.
继续炸吧 越南佬
Bring it on, gooks.
炮火
Incoming!
理查德 伤到哪了 听得见我说话吗?
Richard! Point to where it hurts. Can you hear me?
你的耳朵嗡嗡作响 这是耳鸣造成的
You got tinnitus. It’s ringing in the ears.
我听不见
I can’t hear you.
你还算走运 没有完全失去听力
You’re lucky. You only lost half your hearing.
你的同伴们都彻底聋了
Your friends lost theirs completely.
如果我聋了 为何还会听到这些嗡嗡声?
If I’m deaf, why do I hear this noise all the time?
你无法听到高音 并且不能戴助听器
You lost your upper register, and hearing aids won’t help.
因为你一听到那些高音
By the time you can hear those high sounds,
低音频就会增强 你会受不了的 明白了吗?
the low sounds will be so loud, you’d go crazy. You understand?
你能让这些声音消失吗?
Can you just make the noise stop?
我不能 那是耳鸣
I can’t. That’s tinnitus.
有时情况会好点 但不会消失
Some days will be better than others, but it won’t stop.
永远不会
Ever.
这是我的大学录取通知书
This is my letter of acceptance to the university.
我还带了许多推荐信
And I also brought a couple of recommendations.
不 不 我不能批准
No, no, I can’t authorize this.
对不起 你能看着我说得再大声点吗?
I’m sorry. Could you speak up and look at me when…
谢谢
Thank you.
我不能批准你的大学补助金
I can’t authorize government funds to send you to college.
为什么?
Why?
你是个聋子
You’re deaf.
我是什么?
I’m what?
你开玩笑的吧
It’s a deaf joke.
你比聋子还遭 你是混合体
You’re worse than deaf, you’re confused.
你听得见元音而听不到辅音
You can hear only vowels, no consonants.

Yeah.
如果是这样 那你只有两条路
Well, if you can only hear vowels, you’ve got two choices,
去学唇语或者搬到夏威夷
learn to read lips or move to Hawaii.
我不要去夏威夷 我要上大学
I don’t wanna go to Hawaii, I wanna go to college.
就算你毕业了 也没公♥司♥会要你
Listen, even if you graduate, they won’t be able to place you.
为什么? 就因为我是聋子?
Why? ‘Cause I’m deaf?
海伦·凯勒又聋又哑 但她不是找到了工作?
Helen Keller was deaf and blind. She had a job.
-不 -不 她的确有工作…
-No. -No, I know she had a job…
不 关键是你的耳鸣
No, because of the ringing.
-不分昼夜地响 对吗? -对
-Night and day, right? -Yeah.
-两个耳朵都是如此? -对
-In both ears? -Uhhuh.
你无法聚精会神 你会遗忘你所学的
You won’t be able to concentrate. You’ll forget what you’ve read.
你会交不到朋友
You won’t have any friends.
你缺乏完全的法律能力 你会满嘴脏话
You’ll be incompetent and you’ll be foulmouthed.
别开玩笑了
No shit?
知道吗? 你算老几?
You know what? Who the hell are you, huh?
你只有桌子和写字板 你根本不了解我
You got a desk and a clipboard. You don’t know me.
如果你了解我
‘Cause if you did,
你就会知道我有多想掀翻那桌子
you’d know how close I am to coming over that desk
把那写字板砸你那猪屁♥股♥上
and shoving that clipboard up your fat, pompous ass.
我会上大学 我会毕业
I’m gonna go to college, and I’m gonna graduate,
我还会找到工作
and then I’m gonna get a job,
而你就一辈子和那些表格做伴吧
and you can stick that in your goddamn chart.
你这个不长眼的东西
You ungrateful piece of shit!
把你的手给我拿开
Get your hands off me, bro!
-别碰我 -马上给我滚
-Don’t touch me. -Get the hell out of here.
-再碰我试试 -别再让我看见你
-Don’t fucking touch me. -Don’t come back.
嘿 老兄 能等会吗?
Hey, bro, could you hold it a sec?
-好的 -我去去就来
-Yeah. -I’ll be right back.
你发什么神经啊?
What the hell’s wrong with you?
谢了 伙计
Thanks, man.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!