but something like innovator or genius.
-但是你不记得? -是的 记不得确切的词
-But you don’t remember? -No, not the exact words.
不管怎样 目的就是
Anyway, the upshot is
他们要我开设一个项目
they want me to create a program
训练雇主跟残疾人一起工作
to train employers to hire and work with the disabled persons.
-真的? 亲爱的 那太棒了 -我也这么想
-Seriously? Honey, that’s amazing. -That’s what I thought.
他们以前都做什么?
What were they doing before?
没有以前 他们也是第一次做这个
There is no before. This is the first time they’ve done this.
-我得从零开始 -你这个小开创者
-I’d be starting from scratch. -Well, you little groundbreaker, you.
你一星期前就听说了 却从来没跟我提起?
You heard about this for a week and you never told me?
我不知道这是不是定下来了
Well, I didn’t know it was going to be definite yet.
还有坏处是我得辞掉现在的工作
And the bad news is I’d have to quit my job.
但好处是当这个项目计划完成了
But the good news is, is that once the program was created,
他们就会让我走遍全国 去训练他们
they wanna send me around the country and train all the trainers.
所以好处就是你能环游全国?
So the good news is you’ll be traveling?
是的 如果你愿意 你可以跟我去一些地方
Yeah. If you want to, you could come with me for some of it.
怎么了?
What’s wrong?
我只是… 没什么 没什么
I just… Nothing. Nothing.
来 告诉我 你好象不高兴
Well, come on, you seem bummed.
我没不高兴 只是…
I’m not bummed. It’s…
只是我现在都很少见着你
It’s just that I hardly see you now as it is,
那以后你开始旅行了 会怎么样呢?
so what’s it going to be like when you start traveling?
不 不 这个…
No, no. This…
这是个完全不同的工作 知道吗?
Look, this is a completely different job. Okay?
当我在这的时候 我就在家工作
When I’m in town, I’m gonna be at home.
我最近工作有点过头 但你对我真包容
I’ve been working a lot lately and you’ve been really great about that.
这件事真的很重要
This is a really big deal.
我知道
I know.
好吧 我为你感到骄傲
Okay. I’m proud of you.
那么你打算何时告诉迈克你要离开?
So when are you gonna tell Mike you’re leaving?
迈克是最难搞定的一个员工
Mike’s the hardest worker you got, okay?
他有点喜怒无常
He’s a little bit volatile.
他就是颗定时炸♥弹♥
He’s a ticking time bomb.
但是他很有效率 那才是最重要的 对吧?
He’s effective. That’s the important thing, right?
他根本不听上头指挥
He’s completely out of control.
你不在这看着他 谁知道他会干出啥事来?
What happens when you’re not here to babysit him?
实际上 根本没人想跟他一起工作
As it is, no one wants to work with him.
得到他帮助的那些人会和他一起工作的
The people that he got work for will work with him.
我会跟他谈谈的 这工作是他的命
Look, I’ll talk to him. This job is his life.
我不管
I don’t care.
我要他走人
I want him gone.
我很准时 我从来不迟到
I’m on time, bro. I’m never late.
我打扮得很整洁
I wear nice clothes.
有谁比我业绩还好? 我甚至比你还好
Who’s placed more people than me, even more than you?
这毫无疑问 我知道
No doubt, I know.
你的作风异于常人 这让上头不太喜欢
You got an unorthodox style, man. It makes management nervous.
那你什么时候走?
So when are you leaving, man?
一星期以后
I go in a week.
真该死 兄弟 你会很棒的
Fucking A, brother. You’re gonna be great.
谢谢
Thanks.
听着 兄弟 我大可不必这样 如果你不…
Look, man, I don’t have to do this if you’re not…
没事 不用担心我
No, don’t worry about me.
我是个幸存者 我会没事的
I’m a survivor, brother. I’m gonna be fine.
是啊
Yeah.
他们要我写一本关于雇用残疾人的书
They wanted me to write the book on hiring the disabled.
我终于知道说些什么了
I finally had something to say,
但我就是不知道怎么说
I just didn’t know how to say it.
加油 各位 我不想在你们眼睛里看到文字
Come on, guys. Now, I don’t wanna see text in your eyes.
他难道没说你们就是群自以为是的蠢货吗?
Has he told you yet you’re full of shit?
只要你们很优秀 他一定会这样说的
‘Cause if you’re any good he will, trust me.
女士们先生们 这是理查德·皮特蒙
Ladies and gentlemen, meet Richard Pimentel,
我最好的学生
the best student I never had.
今天就到这 谢谢大家
That’s all for today, thank you.
与假想敌斗争 你喜欢《堂吉诃德》?
Tilting at Windmills. You a Quixote fan?
是啊
Yeah.
有天晚上我在读这书 我就突然意识到
I was reading it one night and I had an epiphany.
对一个残疾人来说最痛苦的
You know, the hardest thing about being disabled
是别人对待你的方式
is the way that other people treat you.
雇主们不愿聘请残疾人
Employers, they don’t wanna hire people with disability.
为什么?
Why is that?
他们对我们没信心
They lack confidence in us.
-我想你可能搞错了 -什么意思?
-I think you may have that wrong. -What do you mean?
你不需要去改变他们对待残疾人的看法
You don’t need to change their minds about people’s disabilities,
你得改变他们对自己的看法
you need to change their minds about themselves.
我要给你看些东西
I wanna show you something.
-锂? -对
-Lithium? -Yeah.
我是他们所谓的燥狂抑郁症患者
I’m what they call a manicdepressive.
你手上拿的那个药使我可以正常生活
That medicine you’re holding allows me to function.
我不随便把这告诉别人
I don’t share that with a lot of people.
这么多年来 我都不愿接受这一事实
For years, I didn’t wanna accept what I was.
你到我这面试的那天正赶上我心情不好
The day you auditioned for me was not a good day.
不 因为你我才有了人生
No, I got a life ’cause of you.
但也可能因此失去人生目标
You could’ve lost it because of me.
那是我自己的决定
I make my own decisions.
我失去听力了
I lost my hearing.
我却得到了另一个超能力 读唇
I gained a superpower, lipreading.
我可以窃听一百英尺以外的谈话
I can spy on conversations a hundred feet away.
这在那些可恶的系午餐会上可以派上大用场
I could have some fun with that at those godawful faculty lunches.
-那你不带助听器? -不带 没用的
-So you don’t wear hearing aids? -No, they don’t help.
政♥府♥给了我助听器
I get them from the government,
但我像派发万圣节的糖那样都送人了
but I just pass them out like candy for Halloween.
帮我个忙 我要你去见个人
Do me a favor, I want you to meet someone.
斯达克助听器实验室
-理查德? -是我
-Richard? -Yeah.
比尔·奥斯丁 跟我来
Bill Austin. Come on back with me.
-就在这里 请 -好的
-Right in here, please. -All right.
无意冒犯 这些对我来说都是垃圾
No offense, but this is all kind of a circle jerk.
我来这只是为了让本高兴
I’m just here to humor Ben.
我每年都来这例行公事
See, I have this ritual with Uncle Sam every year where he tells me
结论都是我的听力一年比一年差
how much more deaf I am than the year before,
然后我把他的残疾补助金支票兑现
and then I cash his disability checks.
如果有正确的解决方法
Well, there doesn’t seem to be too much purpose
活在无声世界里也没有那么多期待
in living a life with a hearing problem if we can find the right solution.
等等 你要用那东西干吗?
Wait, wait. What are you gonna do with that thing?
我要把这个插♥进♥你耳朵里
I’m going to stick it in your ear,
除非你想要我把它插到别的地方
unless you have another place you’d rather I stick it.
那还是耳朵好了
Ear’s good.
现在 我们准备好要试新的助听器了
Now we’re ready to try the new hearing aids.
就是这个?
Is that them?
他们就好象耳朵的隐形眼镜
They’re like a contact lens for the ear.
我们发现小的比较好
We’ve found that smaller’s better.
而且把助听器放在耳沟里效果更好
We get a more efficient coupling for the ear when the aid is in the canal.
你能听见我吗 理查德?
Can you hear me, Richard?
听起来怎么样? 你能听见我吗?
How does it sound? Can you hear me?
你能听见我吗?
Can you hear me?
哦 是啊 太棒了
Oh, yeah. That’s great.
当我再次提笔写书 我仿佛脱胎换骨
Once I started writing again, it was like I tapped a vein.
我的写作目的就是去改变雇主
My central focus was to change the attitudes of employers
对待所有残疾人的态度
about persons with all disabilities.
我花了一年的时间写完这本书
It took me a year to write.
你在看第几页了?
What page are you on right now?
我在”闭上你的臭嘴”那页
I’m on page “shut the fuck up”.
我是有脑性麻痹 但我不是聋子
I’ve got CP, I’m not deaf.
好了 进来
All right, come in.
老兄 拜托说几句
Come on, man. Say something.
你为什么要我看这书?
Why did you want me to read this?
因为我不知道自己在干嘛
‘Cause I don’t think I know what I’m doing, Art.
但如果不是遇见你 我绝对写不出这些
But I never would’ve written that if I hadn’t met you.
你是我所认识的最聪明的人
Now, you’re the smartest guy that I know,
如果你觉得它一文不值 我就把它撕掉
and if you don’t think that’s any good, I’m just gonna tear it up.
你不…
You don’t have…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!