知道…
a clue
-好吧 撕了 -不 让我说完
-All right, shit. -No, let me finish.
你不知道这究竟有多棒
You don’t have a clue how good this is.
你知道除了需要别人帮我们躺下
You know what we cripples want
我们残疾人更需要什么吗?
besides getting laid?
我们更需要的是被尊重
To be seen.
当在路上他们看到我
When they look at me out there now,
你知道他们看见什么了?
you know what they see?
空气
Nothing.
我被无视
I’m ignored.
你怎么可能无视活生生的人?
How can you ignore this?
但是他们就是无视我
But they ignore me,
因为
because
我颠覆了他们
I am so disturbing
给人类下的定义
to their definition of human,
这就是我给他们的感觉
that I make them feel.
我喜欢这书
I love that.
你所写的
What you’ve created
会让他们意识到尊重我们的重要性
will help to make them see us.
如果你想要把它撕了
If you try to tear this up,
我就扁你
I’ll kick your ass.
好吧
All right.
我把自己投身于事业中
I threw myself into my career.
我正在改变他人的生活 却忽视了自己
I was changing lives and ignoring my own.
我成了美国政♥府♥的基调演说发言人
I was keynote speaker for the US government,
训练每个机构的雇员
training every agency.
中情局 航♥天♥局 退伍军人管理局等等其他
CIA, NASA, the VA, all of them.
我自己颠覆性的小目标就是让联邦政♥府♥
My own subversive little goal was to make the federal government
成为这个国家雇用残疾人最多的雇主
into the biggest employer of disabled persons in the country.
迈克明白这有多讽刺
Mike would’ve dug the irony.
理查德 我们几个月前就计划好的
Richard, we made plans for this months ago.
为什么到现在才告诉我你不能去?
Why did you wait till now to tell me you can’t go?
-我只是忘记了 很抱歉 -那就告诉他们
-I just forgot all about it. I’m sorry. -So tell them that.
这个会议很重要 我是发言人
It’s an important conference, I’m the speaker.
我不可能就这么不去 大家都需要我
I can’t just not show up, people count on me.
那我难道不需要你吗?
And I don’t?
他们只是大会上的陌生人
They’re strangers at a convention, an audience.
他们给你喝彩 你照单全收
They applaud, you eat it up.
我不得不怀疑
So I have to wonder,
你做这些是为了他们还是为了自己?
are you doing this for them or for you?
我为了他们 也为了自己
I’m doing it for them and I’m doing it for me.
我回来的时候会补偿你的
We’ll do something special when I get back.
好吗?
Okay?
理查德 这对我来说很重要 我希望你不要去
Richard, this is important to me. I’m asking you not to go.
不用说了 我现在不想谈这些
Stop it! I am not doing this right now.
我到宾馆以后打给你
I’ll call you from the hotel.
亲爱的 是我 我知道很晚了
Hey, baby, it’s me. I know it’s late,
但如果你在的话就接电♥话♥
but pick up if you’re there.
喂? 我只想告诉你
Hello? Just wanna say that
今天进展得很顺利
today went really well
我想知道你过的怎么样
and I wanted to see how you were doing
还有我非常想你
and tell you that I miss you a lot.
还有…
And…
在的话就接电♥话♥ 我真的很想告诉你…
Pick up if you’re there ’cause I really wanted to tell you that l…
我想我搞砸了
I think I messed up.
克莉丝汀?
Christine?
克莉丝汀?
Christine?
哦 天那
Oh, boy.
我一不在 你就乘虚而入啊
The minute I turn my back, you come sniffing around.
你根本没搞清楚 不是吗?
You just don’t get it, do you?
在我没撤消你的签证之前 叫克莉丝汀出来
Just go get Christine before I have your visa revoked.
没事的 尼克斯
It’s okay, Nikos.
你一直背着我在跟他见面?
You’ve been seeing him behind my back?
不 在找到容身之处前 我就住这
No. I’m just here until I find my own place.
我不会跟尼克斯好的
I’m not getting back with Nikos.
-他知道这点吗? -当然
-Does he know that? -Of course.
你们睡同一张床?
You two sleeping in the same bed together?
-老天 你根本不明白 -不明白什么?
-Jesus. You don’t get it. -What?
我只是想要你回家
I just want you to come home.
-我不会回家的 -为什么?
-I’m not coming home. -Why?
是不是因为我不够重视你?
Is this because I don’t give you enough attention?
不 是因为我自己不够重视自己
No, it’s because I don’t give me enough attention.
我一直太依赖你这样的男人
I’ve always depended on men like you
他们照顾我 让我感觉很好
to make me feel better and take care of me.
我需要做回自我
I need to be on my own.
好的 做回你自己 跟我在一起 做回你自己
All right, well, be on your own. Be on your own with me.
我是说 我一直旅行 我可以给你所要的空间
I mean, I’m traveling, I can give you all the space you want.
我很纳闷 知道吗? 我不知道你要我说什么
I’m flailing here, okay? I don’t know what you want me to say.
我爱你 我要跟你在一起
I love you. I wanna be with you.
你不想跟我在一起
You don’t wanna be with me.
你只是得到我之后就把我放在架子上
You just wanna win me and put me on a shelf
提醒你得到了我
to remind you that you won me.
那不是爱情 理查德 我想我们需要分开一下
That’s not a relationship, Richard, I think we need to be apart.
我需要想清楚自己到底是什么…
I need to figure out who I am and…
而你也需要想清楚到底什么是最重要的
And I think you need to figure out what’s important to you, too.
玛格丽特 有人来找你
Margaret, you have a visitor.
嗨 妈妈
Hi, Mom.
你感觉怎么样?
How you feeling?
医生说我做得很好
The doctors tell me I’m doing well.
可我不觉得 我也不这么觉得
But I don’t feel like it, and neither do l.
精神分♥裂♥式幽默 不错 妈妈
Schizophrenia humor. That’s good, Mom.
你知道我想念什么吗?
You know what I miss?
跳舞
Dancing.
你知道谁以前跳舞跳得很好吗? 理查德
You know who was a good dancer? Richard.
其实不是
Not really.
他参加狐步 恰恰 探戈课
He took foxtrot, chacha, tango lessons.
我以前常带他去夜♥总♥会♥
I used to take him to the nightclubs.
我们玩得可开心了
Oh, we had so much fun.
不 妈妈 事实上 我可没有
No, Mom, actually, I didn’t.
没有一个12岁的男孩想要参加舞蹈课
No 12-year-old boy really wants ballroom dancing lessons.
说谎
That’s a lie.
那你为什么这两年去学跳舞?
Why’d you do it for two years?
那样我就可以跟你在一起
So that I could be with you.
我现在想小睡一会
I wanna take a nap now.
但是你儿子大老远赶来看你
But your son came so far to visit you.
没关系 不要紧的
That’s all right. That’s okay, it’s fine.
看 我要给你个东西
Here, I wanna give you something.
这是个新标准
This is a new standard
专门训练全国雇主雇用残疾人
for disability training for employers nationwide,
是我写的
and I wrote it.
我不想看书
I don’t feel like reading anything.
好的 我只想告诉你 我过得很好
Well, I just wanna tell you, Mom, I’m doing great.
我爱我的工作 我在服务社会
I love my job, I’m making a difference.
你到底想要什么?
What do you want?
你要我拍拍你的手
You want me to pat your hand,
然后跟你说 真是个好孩子?
say you’re a good boy?
我可没那么热情
I’m not wired that way.
大部分健全人都看不起残疾人
The average ablebodied person doesn’t give a damn about the disabled.
如果没妇女运动 我们怎么会关注女性权利?
Would we care about women’s rights if they hadn’t mobilized?
我们不会关心残疾人
We’re not gonna care about disabled people
直到他们不愿再被无视
until they set aside their differences,
将自己的缺陷扔一边
stop being invisible,
他们团结一致 为了ADA的通过而努力
and come together for the passage of the ADA.
ADA是指《美国残障法案》 对吗?
That would be the Americans with Disabilities Act, am I right?
对 正是 《美国残障法案》
Yes, exactly, Americans with Disabilities Act.
这个法案 明确指出 你不能仅仅因为一个人
This bill, simply put, says that you can’t discriminate against people
长得跟你不太一样就歧视他们
simply because they don’t look like you.
好的 让我们把这个法案先放一放 先来…
Okay. Why don’t we hold that thought right there until…
现在总统将在布♥什♥和杜卡其思中产生
Now that the election has come down to Bush and Dukakis,
我可以很负责任的说
I have it on very good authority

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!