这个呢?
Hey, what about this one?
哦,对.这个很不错
Oh, yeah. Yeah. This is great.
霍尔顿.考尔菲德这孩子
他是个孤僻的家伙
This is… This kid Holden Caulfield,
he’s a really lonely kid.
他被寄宿学校开除了
He gets kicked out of boarding school.
然后
And then…
天哪 看看他们
Sheesh. Look at them.
整个地方都被蔓延了
Spreading all over the place.
看看她的书
Look at her books.
看看她的运动衫
Look at her sweater.
去湖边呆一整天是一回事…
I mean, going up to that lake
all the time is one thing…
但现在他们要去图书馆吗?
…but now they’re going
to a library?
接着呢?
What’s next?
你说得对
You’re right.
应该有人采取行动
Somebody ought
to do something about that.
马上
Soon.
乔治, 你可能想知道…
我今天为什么来拜访你
George, you’re probably wondering
why I asked to stop by and see you today.
你肯定注意到了我们的共同点
I’m sure you’ve noticed
the same things we all have.
城镇发生了一些变化
Certain changes in the town.
你知道我是指什么变化吗?
You know what I mean by changes?
变化
Changes.
变化
Yeah, changes.
我不是指火灾这样的大事
And I’m not just talking
about big stuff like the fire.
是很微妙的东西
你听说过比尔.米勒吗?
It’s the little things.
You hear about Bill Miller?
没有.怎么了?
No. What?
妻子想让他买♥♥张新床
Wife wants him
to get one of those new beds.
一张大床?

One of those big beds?
Yeah.
哦,哎呀.他要怎么做?
Oh, my gosh. What’s he gonna do?
我不清楚.到处都是这种事
I don’t know. I mean, it’s everywhere.
比尔.安德森的儿子
刚刚辞去了在集市上的工作
Bill Anderson’s boy
just quit his job at the market.
辞职?
What do you mean, quit?
干活的时候突然脱下围裙…
大喊“我厌倦这个工作了.”
Took his apron off in the middle of an order,
said, “I don’t feel like it anymore.”
东西全都留在柜台上
Groceries all over the counter. Ha-ha-ha.
他们花了三个小时才整理好
Took them three hours
just to sort it out.
天哪

Sheesh.
Yeah.
所有人都很喜欢你,乔治
Everybody really likes you, George.
-不是吧…
-不,确实如此
Oh, well…
No, they do.
不仅因为你打球是一把好手
人们尊敬你
Not just because you’re a good bowler.
People respect you.
嗯,谢谢你
Well, thank you.
让他们看到所尊敬的人的立场…很重要
It’s important for them to see
someone they respect…
站起来让人家知道什么是对的
…stand up for what’s right.
如果你爱这个地方
就不会对所发生的事…
If you love a place,
you can’t just sit back…
熟视无睹
对吗?
…and watch this kind of thing
happen, now, can you?
对,当然不会
No, of course not.
所以我想请你加入…
欢乐谷商会
That is why I want you to be a member
of the Pleasantville Chamber of Commerce.
哦,天哪
Oh, my gosh.

Oh!
我真是受宠若惊
I hardly know what to say.
和你的真像
It’s just like yours.
确实很像,乔治
Well, it is exactly like mine, George.


Ohh.
Huh.
好,你说吧
Well, you can start by saying yes.

只要你答应就可以加入了
Yes.
And by getting me…
别忘了请我尝一串菠萝烤肉
好的,当然没问题!
…one of those swell pineapple kabobs.
Well, sure. You bet.
贝蒂,鲍勃想尝尝…你的点心
Betty, Bob wants to try
some of your great hors d’oeuvres.
贝蒂
Betty?
贝蒂
Bett?
我来拿
I’ll get her.
你还好吗?
Are you okay?
你没事吧?
You all right?
我该怎么做?
What am I going to do?
我不能这样出去
I can’t go out there this way.
我这样怎么能出去呢?
How can I go out there this way?
看着我
Look at me.
没事.一切都好
It’s okay. It’s all right.
贝蒂
Betty?
你有化妆品吗?
Have you got any makeup?
在我手提包里
In my handbag.
亲爱的,你在哪?
Honey, where are you?
这里.把脸转过来
Here. Give me your cheek.
这里.另一边.那里
Here. Give me the other. There.
很好
现在把下巴抬起来
That’s good. Now lift your chin up.
-有用吗?
-当然
Is it working?
Yes.
这儿,看着我
Here, look at me.
怎么?
What?
看上去还行吗?
Does it look okay?
还行.看上去和以前一样
Yeah. It looks just like it did.
别人会看出来吗?
And… And they won’t be able to tell?
不会的,别人看不出来
No. No, they won’t be able to tell.
贝蒂,你在家吗?
Betty, are you in there?
请进,宝贝
Coming, sweetie.
哦,嗨

Oh, hi.
Hi.
你似乎来得早了些?
Aren’t you a little bit early?
我从图书馆帮你借了些东西
I brought you something
from the library.
是本美术书
It’s an art book.
哦,糟糕,巴德
Oh, my gosh, Bud.
你迷上绘画
可能会有助于…
I just thought, since you like to paint,
it might help to…
天那
Gee whiz.
谁是…提香?
Who is Titian?
我不清楚
I’m not sure.
太漂亮了,巴德
It’s beautiful, Bud.
出什么事了?
What’s wrong?
不,这只是…
Oh, it’s…
我再也不会这么做了
I’ll never be able to do that.
还好,你只是刚刚开始
我是说,现在你还不能那么做
Well, you just started.
I mean, you can’t do it now.
不是那个
No, no, no. That’s not it.
我在哪里能看到那种颜色?
Just where am I gonna see
colors like that?
看到那种颜色真是幸运
Must be awful lucky
to see colors like that.
我打赌他们不知道自己有多幸运
I’ll bet they don’t know
how lucky they are.


Hi.
Hi.
-你还好吗?
-非常好
How are you doing?
Swell.
听着,你可能觉得我不应该问你这个
Look, you probably don’t think
I should be asking you this.
今晚你愿意和我约会吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!