Look, supposing you wanted to rub somebody out and not get caught.
没有人想被抓 西德尼
Nobody wants to get caught, Sidney.
听着
Look,
他想干掉伊丽莎白·吉布森
he wants to get rid of Elizabeth Gibson.
贝蒂·吉布森 贝蒂·吉布森
Betty Gibson. Betty Gibson.
这里有一系列的凶杀案
So, there’s a series of murders
凶手作案的手段很独特 有塔罗牌
with a guy that’s got a real style. A Tarot card.
他们说凶手是个十足的疯子
They said he was a total maniac.
他买♥♥了副塔罗牌 而且把它给藏起来
He buys a Tarot deck and let’s say he hides it.
假设 我们姑且这么说 他把牌藏到了一个音乐室里
Hypothetically, he hides it, let’s say, in a music room.
-假设他把牌藏到法国圆号♥下面 -哦 西德尼
-Let’s say he hides it in, let’s say, a French horn. -Oh, Sidney.
-藏在法国圆号♥下面 -我没耐心听你说这些
-In a French horn! -I’m losing patience with you.
我没有说所有的谋杀都是这家伙干的
I’m not saying the guy did all the murders.
我只是说他杀了伊丽莎白·吉布森
I’m saying that he just did Elizabeth Gibson,
然后他把一切伪装成塔罗牌杀手所为
then folded it into the series of the Tarot Killer
这样的话 他就不会被抓
so he wouldn’t get caught.
亨利·班克斯承认了所有的谋杀
Henry Banks confessed to all the murders.
亨利·班克斯疯了 他神志不清
Henry Banks is deranged! He hallucinates!
天啊
My God.
亨利…你知道那些家伙 被抓后就喜欢瞎吹牛
Henry… And you know those guys like to brag when they get caught.
亨利·班克斯 他…
Henry Banks, you know…
你要去哪
Where are you going?
警♥察♥会把所有未破的凶杀案都推到亨利·班克斯身上
The cops will dump every unsolved murder on Henry Banks.
他们好些年都抓不到一个凶手
They haven’t caught anybody in years.
-彼得连苍蝇都不忍♥心伤害 -哦 是吗
-Peter wouldn’t hurt a fly. -Oh, really?
那那些会说话的苍蝇呢
What about a fly who speaks?
-什么 -是的
-What? -Yes.
为什么彼得要杀一个妓♥女♥
Why would Peter kill a prostitute?
因为这威胁到他的声誉
Because it looks terrible on his resume.
谁知道那家伙过的是 什么样的肮脏生活呢
Who knows what kind of sordid life this guy has?
你疯了吗 你到底是怎么了
Have you completely lost your mind? What is wrong with you?
彼得被一个妓♥女♥敲诈 太荒谬了
Peter being blackmailed by a prostitute? It’s ridiculous.
你到底葫芦里卖♥♥的是什么药
What are you putting in your Metamucil?
你知道…你要去哪
You know… Where are you going?
你不明白 那会毁了他的名声的
You don’t understand! It would kill his reputation!
哦 你能不能把水拿出来
Oh, can you bring the water out?
我能说一件事吗 能就和你说一件事吗
Can I say one thing? Can I just tell you one thing?
乔·斯特劳博是不会同意你的观点的
Joe Strombel would not agree with you.
我不想谈乔·斯特劳博 好吗
I don’t want to talk about Joe Strombel, all right?
再伟大的记者也有犯错的时候
Even a great reporter can be wrong.
但是他没有错
But he’s not wrong.
敲诈 这点我很清楚
Blackmail. I see it all over.
你是个愤世嫉俗的悲观主义者
You are a cynical crapehanger
你看到的永远都只是半空的水杯
who always sees the glass half-empty!
你错了 我看到的是半满的水杯
No, you’re wrong. I see the glass half-full,
而且杯里的水还是有毒的
but of poison.
最后你会把杯里的水喝下去的
And you’re gonna wind up drinking it!
你什么都不知道
You don’t know anything.
你根本就没有记者的直觉 知道了吗
You don’t have a reporter’s instincts, okay?
你只是会把丝绸手帕变没
You’re some guy who vanishes silk handkerchiefs
把人们的领结剪断
and cuts people’s neckties off.
帮大家一下 接着回去变你的戏法去吧
Do everybody a favor. Go back to your card tricks, all right?
你告诉她了吗
Did you tell her?
我告诉她了
I did. I told her.
我说的就好像这些都是 我突然间想明白的一样
And I made it seem as though it all suddenly just came to me.
我知道我是对的
I know I’m right.
她就是不听我的 她恨我
She just won’t listen to me. She hates me.
是的 我…
Yeah. I… You know,
我得说 有时候我很担心那孩子
sometimes, I got to say, I worry about that girl.
我觉得我不会再见到你了
I don’t think I’ll be seeing you anymore.
如果那真有什么大新闻的话
Well, if there’s a scoop to be had here,
她会帮你搞定的
she’s going to get it for you.
你不可能一直欺骗死亡
You can only cheat death so many times,
我已经用尽了我知道的一切窍门
and I’ve used every trick I know.
你要好好照顾她 她是个好孩子
You look after her. She’s a decent kid.
查一下他的塔罗牌 看看是不是缺了一张
And check his Tarot deck. See if a card’s missing.
我是个记者
I’m a reporter.
我在做关于伊丽莎白·吉布森的报道
I’m doing a story on Elizabeth Gibson,
我知道她死前住在这里
and I know she lived here.
我不认识她 几乎从没见过她 她很安静
I didn’t know her. I hardly ever saw her come and go. She was quiet.
好的
All right.
我知道她是靠什么谋生的
I knew what she did for a living.
但是她是否在家接待客人 这点我不清楚
But whether she used to entertain her clients here, or not, I couldn’t say.
打扰一下 我是个记者
Oh, excuse me. I’m a reporter.
我在做一篇报道
And I’m doing a story
关于伊丽莎白·吉布森的报道
about Elizabeth Gibson.
如果你对那案子有什么评论
If there’s any comments,
或者你知道她什么情况…
anything you know about her that l…
-什么报纸 你是哪家报社的 -华♥盛♥顿♥邮♥报♥
-What paper? What paper are you from? -The Washington Post.
我可是个很出色的记者…
I’m one of the top reporters on the…
你看过”惊天大阴谋”那部电影吗
Did you see All the President’s Men?
我就是里面的那个小个子
I was the short guy.
为什么美国报纸会对这事感兴趣
Why is an American paper interested in this?
不 我们很感兴趣 我们正在做个大新闻
No, no, we are, we are. We’re doing a big story.
我们旅游与休闲版正在大力宣扬
The Travel and Leisure section is doing a big spread
避免这类事件再度发生
on places to avoid like the plague.
我是…
And so, I’m…
我不会亏待你的…
I’ll make it very worth your while, you know and…
好吧 好吧 我认识贝蒂·吉布森
All right, all right, all right. I knew Betty Gibson.
嗯 她很坚强
Mmm-hmm, and she was very tough.
她不应该落下这样的下场的
But I don’t think that she deserved to die.
你刚才说贝蒂·吉布森
Did you say Betty Gibson?
大家都叫她贝蒂 那就是她的名字
Everyone called her Betty. That was her name.
真的 你认识她的客人吗
Really? And did you know any of her clients at all?
她认识成群的男人 不是吗 她很性感火爆
I mean, she knew millions of men, didn’t she? She was very sexy.
不是你在报上见到的那个样子
You know. Not that you’d know that from those pictures.
她以前是个非常漂亮的 娃娃脸的金发美人
She used to be a really pretty baby-faced blonde.
那种令男人痴狂的美人
You know, the sort men go nuts for.
金发 但是报上说…报上的那些照片…
A blonde? But in the paper… The pictures in the paper…
不 我知道 我知道
Oh, no, I know, I know.
她把头发剪掉染成黑色绝对是个错误
She made the mistake of cutting it off and dyeing it black.
谁知道究竟是为什么
God knows why.
也许是为了取悦她的常客
Maybe it’s to please one of her regulars.
她有常客
She had steady clients?
是的 至少有一个
Well, yeah, one for sure.
这些家伙从来不用他们的真实姓名 知道吗
Look, these guys never use their real names, okay?
但是他们中有一个很富有的小子 她经常见他
But there was this one rich kid that she saw a lot.
他叫彼得
And his name was Peter.
彼得什么
Peter what?
彼得…彼得·耶德烈 彼得·耶德烈
Peter… Peter Yardley. Peter Yardley?
耶德烈 耶德烈
Yardley. Yardley.
-喂 -喂 我是思朋斯先生
-Hello? -Hello, this is Mr. Spence.
西德尼 西德尼·沃特曼·思朋斯
Sid. Sid Waterman Spence.
我是西德尼·沃特曼·思朋斯 你那是哪里
This is Sid Waterman Spence. Where have I called?
哦 你好 西德尼 我是彼得·莱曼
Oh, hello, Sidney. It’s Peter Lyman.
桑德拉和我这周末 在我父亲的乡村别♥墅♥里
Sondra and l are spending the weekend at my father’s country house.
你也应该一起来的
You could have come.
没什么 她给我这个号♥码的 我能和她谈谈吗
That’s okay. She gave me this number to call. May I speak with her?
好的 等一下
Yes, one second.
嗨 西德尼
Hi, Sidney.
听着 我这有非常重要的信息
Listen, I got a treasure trove of information here.
我刚才在到处打探消息…
I just was snooping with…
关于伊丽莎白·吉布森的消息
On Elizabeth Gibson.
她的名字叫贝蒂 贝蒂 她叫贝蒂
She’s called Betty. Betty! She’s called Betty.
她有一个常客…
And she had some kind of a long relationship…
和一个叫彼得的家伙有很特殊的关系
A special relationship with some young guy, Peter.
当然姓不一样 但是我确信就是同一个人
The last name doesn’t click, but I’m sure it’s the same.
你疯了
This is crazy.
听着 别再惹麻烦了 西德尼 这案子已经结了
Look, stop making trouble, Sidney. The case is closed.
你听好 这些事情都联♥系♥起来了
Listen, this thing adds up.
你现在一个人 在和一个非常非常危险人在一起

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!