Well, you know, don’t break anything.
天晓得 我们会被抓住的
By God, we’ll get caught and God knows.
嘿 你还记得有个黄色笑话吗
Hey, you know the old dirty joke
讲的是法国圆号♥演奏者 怎么和他老婆睡觉的故事
about how the French horn player sleeps with his wife at night?
西德尼 把那个放下
Sidney, put that thing down!
失陪一下
Will you excuse me?
这里除了乐器什么都没有
There’s nothing but musical instruments in here.
我告诉你我们这么做是徒劳的 相信我
I’m telling you, we’re on a wild goose chase. Believe me.
-贞德 -怎么了
-Jade? -What’s the matter?
你听到了吗
Did you hear that?
好像是听到什么了
I thought I heard something.
哦 快点 我们快离开这
Oh, come on, come on. Let’s get out of here.
现在差的就是被抓了
All we need is to get caught in here.
贞德
Jade?
啊 你们在这 我一直在找你
Ah, there you are. I was searching for you.
客人们马上就要走了
The guests will be leaving soon.
是吗 我只是带我爸到处参观一下 他喜欢英式家庭
Yes, well, I was just showing Father around. He loves English homes.
没错 你家的酒窖可真是壮观啊
Yes, I was very impressed with your cellar.
我自己也有个很好的酒窖
I have a wonderful cellar myself.
里面没有酒 也没有鼠类
No wine, but it’s rodent free.
我们去喝一杯吧
Well, let’s get a drink.
来吧 思朋斯先生 我整晚都没见你喝酒
Please, Mr. Spence, I haven’t seen you with a drink all night.
-你今晚留在这里过夜吧 求你了 -什么
-Can you stay the night, please? -What?
-留下来吧 -不 我不能
-Come on. -No, I can’t.
-为什么不行 -因为我爸
-Why not? -My father.
别这样 我叫我司机送他回去
Oh, come on, I’ll have my driver take him home.
-不行 -我不能叫你走 你太美了
-No. -I can’t let you go. You’re too beautiful.
看看你 我不能
Look at you. I can’t.
贞德
Jade?
-哦 -贞德
-Oh. -Jade.
贞德 现在是早上4点
Jade, it’s 4:00 a.m.
你在干什么
What are you doing?
我睡不着
I couldn’t sleep,
我想喝点牛奶应该有帮助
so I thought maybe some milk.

Hmm.
-贞德 能问你点事吗 -嗯
-Jade, can I ask you something? -Mmm-hmm.
你能不能考虑下夏末不要回家
Would you consider not going home at the end of the summer?
我不明白 你还要什么证据
I don’t understand, what more proof do you need?
你打算怎么和警♥察♥讲
What are you gonna tell the police?
这家伙有一套塔罗牌 这可不犯法
The guy owns a deck of Tarot cards. That’s not a crime.
就因为他打牌迟到就有嫌疑吗
I mean, what, he was late for a poker game?
他肯定会说他有不在场的证据
I’m sure he’s smart enough to have an alibi.
我们还有什么证据 他妈妈是黑色短发
What are we left with? His mother has short-cut, brunette hair.
如果我们要揭发这个家伙的话…
I mean, look, if we blow the whistle on this guy…
我明白
I know. I understand.
而他又是无辜的 那就没有新闻了…
…and he’s innocent and we can’t make the story…
之后他会发现你是个…
Then he realizes that you’re, you know,
你是个别有用心的骗子 从头到尾都是在玩弄他
you’re a pushy little phony who’s been playing him for a sucker
那他就会把你给甩了 我明白
and he dumps you, you know. I get it.
好吧 我想说的是 为了可以指控他
All right. All I’m saying, is that in order to make an accusation,
我们得先找到证据
we gotta have proof.
特别是他是莱曼勋爵的儿子
Especially about Lord Lyman’s son.
你不用控告他
You don’t make an accusation.
我们可以打匿名电♥话♥给警♥察♥
We can phone in an anonymous tip.
你知道报上说警♥察♥收到过多少古怪电♥话♥吗
You know how many crank tips the papers say the police get?
你打算打匿名电♥话♥告发彼得·莱曼
You’re gonna phone one in on Peter Lyman!
肯定你还没说完 警♥察♥就把电♥话♥挂了
They’ll hang up on you mid-sentence.
另外 如果确有其事的话
Besides, if the story’s true,
我要做那个最先报道的人
I want to be the one to break it.
你知道乔·斯特劳博说过什么吗
You know what Joe Strombel said?
他说”第一时间报道新闻
He said, “Get it first,
但是首先要确定新闻的准确性”
but first get it right.”
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
哇 谢谢你
Wow, thank you.
怎么了 你看上去闷闷不乐
What’s up? You look so sullen.
我没有 我只是…
No, I’m not. I just…
生日的时候我总是有点伤感
I get sad around birthdays.
哦 知道了 我能理解
Oh, yes, well, I can understand that,
但是我觉得我们两个都还年轻 应该尽情享受生日礼物
but I think we’re both still young enough to enjoy the gifts.
快 打开看看
Come on, open it.
好的
Okay.
哇 太漂亮了
Oh, wow, it’s beautiful.
-你喜欢吗 -太喜欢了
-You like it? -I love it.
那就好 来 我帮你带上
Good. Here, allow me.
天啊
Gosh.
你不应该破费的
You shouldn’t have.
我想这么做
I wanted to.
-嘿 你哭了 -没有 我很坚强 不会哭的
-Hey, hey, are you crying? -No, I’m too tough to cry.

Oh.
尽管我伤心的时候我的鼻腔会堵塞
Though my nasal passages do become congested when I’m sad.
哦 别伤心 好吗 今天是你生日
Oh, don’t be sad. It’s your birthday. Hmm?
真希望我今晚能和你一起庆祝生日
Oh, I wish I could celebrate with you tonight.
我得出城几天
I just have to go out of town for a few days.
真的
Really?
是的 我有些生意上的事情需要处理
Yes, I just have some business to take care of.
-我回来后会和你一起庆祝好吗 -好的
-But we’ll celebrate when I get back, all right? -Okay.
谢谢你的礼物 真的是太漂亮了
Thank you so much for the present. It’s beautiful.
我带上它的时候就会想起你的
I’ll think about you whenever I wear it.
你没告诉过我今天是你生日
You didn’t tell me it was your birthday!
我要带你好好的出去吃一顿
I’ll take you for a magnificent dinner.
-我们去家高档餐厅 -真的
-We’ll go to a great restaurant. -Really?
你喜欢麦当劳吗
Do you enjoy the McNuggets thing?
那印度菜怎么样 你喜欢辛辣食物吗
What about lndian food? Do you like spicy food?
不 无所谓了
No, no, it’s okay.
我没什么食欲
I don’t really have much of an appetite.
等盐酸对虾上来的时候你就有食欲了
But you will when they bring out the prawns in hydrochloric acid.
好吃极了 桑德拉
It’s fantastic, Sondra.
怎么了
What’s the matter?
-怎么了 你在想彼得吗 -没有
-What, are you thinking of Peter? -No.
我也不知道 只是…
I don’t know, it’s just…
要是他哪天叫我嫁给他我都不会吃惊的
I wouldn’t be surprised if he asked me to marry him one day, you know?
你来自一个正统家庭
You come from an Orthodox family.
你父母会接受一个连环杀手吗
Would they accept a serial killer?
这礼物可很昂贵啊
That’s an expensive present.
-莱曼家族非常富有 -是的
-The Lymans are so wealthy. -Yes.
这礼物太奢侈了
It was almost too extravagant.
我最好也准备一下 我还没找到我的百万富翁呢
I’d better get ready. I still haven’t found my millionaire yet.
哦 天啊 桑德拉 看你搞得这一团糟
Oh, God, Sondra, what a mess!
现在所有的事情联♥系♥起来开始对他不利
It’s starting to add up against him.
一件一件的事情开始联♥系♥起来
Bits and scraps are coming together.
天啊 是你
God, it’s you!
我感觉到你爱上他了 所以我又跑回来
I sensed you were falling in love. I escaped again.
那只是巧合 到处都是一些巧合而已
It’s just circumstantial junk, you know. A coincidence here and there.
无风不起浪啊
Too much smoke not to be fire.
我肯定你错过很多次了
Look, I’m sure you’ve been wrong plenty of times.
这件事上肯定不会错
Not wrong here.
我相信你现在还没有 找到足够的证据指控他
Though I agree you haven’t got enough to pull the trigger yet.
如果你还表现的这么不成熟的话 不仅仅是他会逃脱制裁
If you act prematurely, not only does he walk,
你的职业信誉也会受到影响 也许会彻底毁了…
your professional credibility is wrecked, sometimes for good.
我知道你希望他是有罪的
Oh, I’m sure you want him to be guilty.
这样的话 你就可以得到 你的最后一条独家大新闻
You know, that way you get your last big scoop.
我开始消失了
I’m beginning to fade.
桑德拉 不要就我失望
Sondra, don’t let me down!
我希望你永远都不要再出现
I wish you’d fade for good!
不要再来打扰我的生活
Get out of my life!
我天生不是干这行的
I’m not cut out for this.
我应该靠给别人清洗牙齿而维生的
I should be flossing molars for a living.
面包太…我可以只用面包做顿饭
The bread is… You know, I can make a meal just with the bread.
整个一顿饭 除了面包什么都不用
I can do a whole meal, just nothing but bread.
要是我吃那么多面包的话 我就得比现在还要再胖20磅
If I ate that much bread, I’d be 20 pounds heavier.
看到没 我从来就不长胖

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!