You’re alone up there with a very, very dangerous man.
我说了两个”非常”
That’s two verys.
你得马上回城里来
You got to get back to town right away.
西德尼 如果真的有哪怕那么一丁点 可靠的证据的话
Sidney, if I thought there was a shred of proof,
我是绝对不会 把我个人的感情牵扯进来的 好吗
I would never let my personal feelings get involved, all right?
现在我疯狂的爱上了这个人
The truth is, I’m crazy about the guy.
我不能总是被这些焦虑的阴谋理论所困扰
I can’t keep obsessing over tantalizing conspiracy theories.
我确信是他杀了她
You know, I’m sure that he killed her
而且把这个案子伪装成塔罗牌杀手干的
and made it look like a Tarot killing.
你看不到这些完全是因为 你已经被他迷惑住了
You know, you don’t see it because you got stars in your eyes.
我没有…这太荒唐了 我不想再和你谈这个了
Look, I don’t… This is crazy! I don’t want to talk about this anymore.
这事太令我心烦了 好吗
It’s too upsetting for me, all right?
让我过个愉快的周末吧
Let me have my nice weekend.
我回来后再和你聊
I’ll talk to you when I get back.
不要再向我灌输这些疯狂的想法了
Stop putting these paranoid thoughts in my head!
-西德尼还好吗 -是的 是的
-Is Sidney okay? -Yes, yes.
我爱西德尼 我真的爱他
You know, I love Sidney, I really do,
但是 他…他不正常 他疯了
but he’s just… He’s got a part missing, you know, he’s crazy!
-是吗 -嗯
-Yes, really? -Mmm-hmm.
比如呢
Like what?
我们一会再谈
We’ll talk about it later.
-我先去换衣服 好吗 -嗯
-Let me change, okay? -Mmm-Hmm.
什么事 哦 是你 先生
Yes? Oh, yes, sir.
我女儿现在和莱曼先生在乡村别♥墅♥
Yes. My daughter is in the country with Mr. Lyman.
我一会要开车去那里
And I’m gonna be driving up there later and she asked me
她叫我带上她的红色羊绒毛衣
if I could pick up her red cashmere sweater.
她可能落在楼上了
She thinks she left it upstairs.
红色羊绒毛衣
Red cashmere?
是的 是件红色毛衣 是那种番茄红
Yes, it’s a red sweater. It’s a kind of a red, tomato red,
像消防车的那种红 红色 红色
Iike a fire engine. A red. A rouge.
-我明白 先生 红色 -是的 是的
-I understand, sir. Red. -Yes, yes.
我去看看能不能找到
I’ll see if I can find it.
先生
Sir?
哦 我在看那些弦乐
Oh, I was just checking out the Stradivarius.
我演奏过一些小提琴乐曲
I play a few pieces myself on the violin.
普罗科菲耶夫 巴托克什么的…
Prokofiev and Bartok, the Hot Canary…
只有莱曼先生才知道这房♥间的密♥码♥
But Mr. Lyman is the only person to have the combination to that room.
是的 但是莱曼先生告诉了我
Yes, but he wanted to share it with me because, you know,
以防 以防有什么事情发生
in case something happened,
你也知道 人生难测嘛
you know, life is very capricious.
中风 意外脑血栓 不幸…
A stroke, a sudden embolism or lightning… You know l…
亲爱的 我爱你 我是真心的
Darling, I love you. I mean that sincerely.
你是个了不起的女人
You’re a wonderful woman,
你是个出色的仆人 是人类的榜样
you’re a tremendous servant and a credit to your race.
我是真心的 这些都是我的肺腑之言
And I mean that. From the bottom of my heart I say that to you.
你没有拿红毛衣下来
I notice you didn’t get the red sweater.
大概她把它落在别的卧室了
She probably left it in another bedroom.
这孩子有点没条理
You know, she’s got a little problem with promiscuity.
但是…
But…
那我走了 我会给你打电♥话♥的 我们一起吃午餐
So, I’ll be going. I’ll call you. We’ll have lunch.
莱曼先生 思朋斯先生来过这 他去了音乐室
Mr. Lyman, sir, Mr. Spence has been here and he’s been into the music room.
什么意思
What do you mean?
整个事情都非常奇怪
A most unusual sequence of events.
思朋斯先生来这 说是要找他女儿的毛衣
Mr. Spence came by looking for his daughter’s sweater.
说她叫他来拿的
Said she’d requested it.
之后我所知的就是 他在音乐室
Next thing I knew, he was in the music room.
先生 根据他的举止 我觉得他喝醉了
Sir, I think he’d been drinking, from his behavior.
是的 没错
Yes, yes.
好的 玛格丽特 谢谢你 再见
Yes. Okay, Margaret, thank you. Goodbye.
一切都还好吗
Is everything okay?
是的 会好起来的
Yes. Yes, it will be.
和你一起出来真高兴
It’s so nice to be out here with you, just away
-就这样远离尘世…-嗯
-from the rest of the world and… -Hmm.
是的 我经常来这读书 钓鱼
Yes, I often come out here to read and, well, and fish.
这湖里有鲑鱼
There’s trout in the lake.
你在想什么
What are you thinking about?
-你真的想知道 -是的
-You really want to know? -Yes.
我在想人生是如此的 充满讽刺 如此悲哀
Just how ironic life is, and tragic.
为什么
Why?
我在游泳池救了你 而和你相识
Well, that I met you by rescuing you from drowning
我发现你是如此的迷人
and found you totally enchanting
但是现在我们绕了一大圈 哎 到头来你还是要淹死
and now we’ve come full cycle and, alas, you’re going to have to drown.
什么
What?
哦 我想现在西德尼确信 是我杀了贝蒂·吉布森
Oh, I imagine by now Sidney’s confirmed that I killed Betty Gibson.
我只能说除此之外我别无他法
I mean, in my own defense, there really was no other way out.
开始我对她隐瞒了我的身份
At first I managed to hide my identity from her,
但是这些年我见了她太多面
but I saw her too many times over the years
她后来知道了我的身份 而且…
and she learned who I was, and…
后来变成了不断的索取金钱
Well, it became a constant demand for money
我不能任其发展 是不是
and I just could not let that go on, could l?
我的整个人生和事业
I mean, my whole life and career
将完全任由她的心情而支配
would be just hostage to her moods at all times.
所以 我研究了塔罗牌案件
So, I studied the Tarot case,
我安排了我的计划 剩下的你应该都知道了
I rehearsed my plan, and, well, you know the rest.
你要是敢对我怎么样的话 西德尼会发现的
If you do something to me, Sidney’s gonna find out!
他会再告诉别人的
He’ll tell someone.
不 不会 你会死于划船意外
No, no, no. You see, you will go in a boating accident,
今晚晚些时候就轮到西德尼了
and Sidney will go later tonight.
没有人知道你和他的关系
No one knows of your relationship with him,
因为你们根本就不是真正的父女关系
because, after all, you’re not actually father and daughter, are you?
不会有人调查这种不起眼的死亡
And no one will think twice to investigate the death of some obscure vaud…
你在听我说吗
Are you listening?
根本就不会有人调查
No one will think twice to investigate the death
这个不起眼的 和我毫不相干的
of some obscure vaudevillian called Splendini,
名叫思朋兰迪尼的杂耍演员
who is really a stranger to me.
救命
Help!
救命 救命啊
Help! Someone help me!
这里非常安静 不是吗
Yes, very quiet, isn’t it?
这就是私人湖区的优点
This is the advantage of a private lake.
放开我 放开我
Get off me! Get off me!
放开我…
Get off me! Come…
接警♥察♥
Yes, police.
我是彼得·莱曼 请马上派警♥察♥到我家来
Yes, this is Peter Lyman. I need the police immediately.
在莱曼庄园
At the Lyman estate.
发生了一起可怕的划船意外 有个女人淹死了
There’s been a terrible boating accident. A woman has drowned.
太可怕了 请快点赶过来
It’s awful. Please come right away.
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
他们知道尸体在什么地方了
They think they know where the body is.
很抱歉 先生
I’m so sorry, sir.
我最后一次见她的时候 她…
When last I saw her, she…
她只说她想去那感受一下自然
She just said she wanted to go out there to communicate with nature.
我以为她只是想寻找一些安详平和…
Just to think she wanted some peace and quiet and…
她没有出现精神沮丧 或者类似的情况吗 先生
She wasn’t depressed, or anything like that, was she, sir?
天 没有 没有
God, no. No.
除非她刻意瞒着我
I mean, unless she was keeping it from me.
你没有听到呼救的哭喊声
You heard no cries for help?
没有 我当时在听音乐 真是
No! No, I was listening to music in here, damn it.
真的是很讽刺
It’s just so ironic.
我第一次遇到她的时候
Because the way I first met her
在我们俱乐部的游泳池里救了她
I rescued her from drowning in our club pool.
她非常非常不擅长游泳
And she was a very, very weak swimmer.
有人吗
Hello?
我刚才在湖里是假装那样 好吸引你的注意力
I was faking it at the pool to get your attention.
事实上 我以前是布鲁克林社区游泳队长
Actually, I used to be captain of the Brooklyn Community Swim Team.
你的观察太仔细了
Fascinating observation.
莱曼在妓♥女♥家掉了一粒袖扣
Lyman lost a cufflink at the flat of a prostitute,
而那妓♥女♥晚些时候被塔罗牌凶手杀害
who was later killed by the Tarot Card Killer.
这家伙真是喜欢光顾那些危险的女人
Well, this upright chap certainly enjoyed patronizing some dodgy women.
不幸的是伊丽莎白·吉布森 她选择了敲诈他
Unfortunately for Elizabeth Gibson, she elected to blackmail him.
这个报道写的很好
It’s a beautifully written story
是长久以来最好的调查报道之一

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!