我是Eclectic[折衷派]
Me, I’m what you call eclectic.
Eclectic吗
“Eclectic”?
什么意思
What’s that?
你把插头插上就会来”电”
You plug your box into the wall and it gives you power, stupid.
不是Electric[电] 是Eclectic
Not electric, eclectic, stupid.
简单的说 折衷派的意思
Let me simplify it for you. When I say “eclectic, ”
就是喜欢各种音乐
what I mean is, I like lots of different types of music.
歌♥剧 摇滚 饶舌歌♥我都喜欢
Opera, rock and roll, rap, I like it all.
但是我的最爱
But my favorite, my absolute all-time favorite,
是50和60年代的女声合唱团
are the girl groups from the ’50s and ’60s.
比方说谁
Like who?
闭嘴
Tyler, shut up!
不要责备这个好问的人
Ladies and gentlemen, let us not badger this man who wants this information.
我喜欢拉贝儿和贝丽丝
I like Patti LaBelle and the Bluebells,
也喜欢至尊三重唱
and I like the Supremes.
至尊三重唱是谁
Who are the Supremes?
你们干嘛对他动粗
You don’t need to get physical with him.
放学以后扁你
Oh, you’re gonna get jumped after school, Tyler.
至尊三重唱是谁还用问吗
Yes, it is a shocking question: “Who are the Supremes?”
你没听过黛安娜萝丝吗
You never heard of Diana Ross?
哦 黛安娜萝丝
Oh, Diana Ross.
我告诉你
Well, let me tell you.
她们是最重要的合唱团
They were the premier group.
你们的同志都喝采了
As you hear, your comrades-in-arms say,
因为她们实在精彩
Because they were incredible.
是我所爱 一想到音乐
What I love when I think about music…
就想到可以把不同的音乐
is how you can take this type of music and that type of music…
融合在一起
and fuse it together.
融合
Fusion!
是呀 融合
Yeah, fusion.
你听得进去我很高兴
I’m really glad you’re into this.
我能举的最好例子就是
The best example I can give you, now…
你中计了
You got busted!
融合 融合 融合
Fusion! Fusion! Fusion!
融合 融合 融合
Fusion! Fusion! Fusion!
融合 融合 融合
Fusion! Fusion!
天杀的
Goddamn it.
拜托
Oh, man!
进来
Yeah?
我们了解你的心情
We want you to know that we understand…
你若要走随时可以离开
and that you’re quite free to leave whenever you please.
你在娱乐界会更快乐
I’m sure you’ll be much better off in show business.
肯定可以赚很多钱
Goodness knows, the money is better.
五光十色衣着华丽
I’m sure bright lights and sequins are far prettier to look at
比这里好
than anything we have here.
可知这里什么最可恨
Do you know what I hate most about this place?
就是没东西可以泄愤
There’s nothing to pick up and throw.
我们了解
We understand.
是呀
Yeah.
你要喝茶吗
Would you like a cup of tea?
这不可以 不能发生呀
Oh, this mustn’t happen. It can’t happen.
那是犯罪的
It would be criminal, absolutely criminal if this happened.
圣芳济是
St. Francis’ school and church have been
这个社区的灯塔
a beacon of hope to the people of this community for many,
有很多年了 如果关掉学校
many years. If we close down the school,
那等于是大灾难
it would be an absolute and total disaster.
难道没别的办法
You’re absolutely sure nothing can be done?
恐怕没有
I’m afraid not.
不能等学年结束才关
I was hoping we could keep it open until the end of the school year.
我们了解这很不幸
We know it’s unfortunate.
我们也不喜欢
We don’t like it either.
总主教决定在上学期结束
The Archdiocese has decided St. Francis should close…
就关闭圣芳济
at the end of the semester.
为何这么急
Why does it have to happen so quickly?
你们预算是赤字
You’re totally in the red…
别希望继续经营下去了
with very little hope of recovery.
你必须明白
You must realize, Father,
社区的奉献是零
the community contributions have been nil.
学校又没有杰出的成就
The school has no outstanding academic or achievement records.
我建议将校地做其他用途
I’ve been exploring the possibility of other uses for the property.
盖停车场更有价值
Yes, and the bottom line is it’s more valuable as a parking
我很抱歉
lot than it is as a school.
研究建议是结束学校
The recommendation is to close.
看来没有办法了
Well, I suppose there’s nothing more to be said.
好的 谢了
Well, thank you.
桂先生 我们推崇
Mr. Crisp, you should be commended for your work
你的卓见
and your excellent analysis of the situation.
谢谢 我希望你考虑
Thank you very much, but I do wish…
批准我提前退休
you’d consider my application for early retirement.
我在总主教公署
After all, I have been working for the Archdiocese
服务三十年了
doing this work for almost 30 years now,
希望论功行赏
and I would just like my due.
-那当然 -谢谢你
– Why, absolutely. – Thank you, thank you.
我们去吃午餐 怎么样
Let’s go out and have some lunch now, shall we?
好主意
Excellent idea.
什么
What?
什么
What?
几时
When?
-上学期结束 -你怎么知道
– The end of the semester. – Where did you hear that?
我无意间偷听到
I happened to be eavesdropping in Father Maurice’s office,
莫里神父和一些人谈话
and I heard him talkin’.
我们正担心这种事 不出所料
We were afraid this might happen. I’ve been expecting it for some time.
我们怎么办呢
What do we do now?
我们会被派到别处
We’ll probably be reassigned.
学生转到公立学校越区就读
The children will be bused to a public school in another district.
真愚蠢
What a stupid thing to do.
这是本区仅存的学校
This is the only school left in this community.
我们必须想办法
We’ve got to do something.
否则失掉学生就找不回来
Otherwise we’re gonna lose our students and not get them back.
我们要采取行动
Then I guess we are going to do something.
你是说”我们”是吗
Now, you do mean “we, “don’t you? We!
对 我们
Yes, yes, we!
你是说 你不走
You’re not leaving?
我说过来帮忙 我来了
I said I was gonna come and help. Here I am.
谢谢你 迪劳丽丝
Thank you, Deloris.
叫我玛莉克拉伦斯
Just call me Mary Clarence.
院长 莫里神父
Oh, Reverend Mother.
我想同你谈谈
I’d like to speak to you.
我正在伤脑筋如何处理
My mind is consumed with trying to deal with…
克拉伦斯修女吗
Sister Mary Clarence.
是呀 的确是
Yes, as a matter of fact.
这种两难心情我很熟悉
I am familiar with the dilemma.
听说昨夜她在神职人员聚会上
I’m told that she presided at the ecclesiastical equivalent…
发言鼓吹
of a pep rally last night.
是 我知道
Yes, I am aware of this.
你怎么知道
You are? How did you know?
跟克拉伦斯修女共事你会发现
You’ll find that when one deals with Sister Mary Clarence,
你会得到超过你想要的消息
one is smothered with more information than one wishes to possess.
我怕她会引起纷争
I’m afraid she’s becoming quite disruptive.
纷争就是她沟通的方法
Disruption is the way Mary Clarence communicates.
我担心这会给学生虚幻的希望
I worry about raising false hopes among the children.
院长 给我点建议
Advise me, Reverend Mother.
谈谈你和她相处的经验
Tell me about your experiences with Mary Clarence.
不要 我不想吓着你
No, I wouldn’t want to frighten you.
不过我发现若要事情顺利
But in my experience, I found it easier…
而且结果圆♥满♥
and ultimately…
就让玛莉克拉伦斯放手去做
quite effective to give Mary Clarence a free hand.
她的观念是否急进
Aren’t her ideas extremely radical?
我若是没记错
If I remember correctly,
“急进”正是我们当年的写照
the term “radical”was applied to us in our day.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
前一篇文章后天
下一篇文章星际穿越
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!