乔:你在干什么?
JOE: What are you doing?
我放弃,我认为爵士是没有意义的
Here, I quit. I think jazz is pointless.
哦,是的,爵士乐毫无意义
Oh, yeah, jazz is definitely pointless.
乔:嘿!
JOE: Hey!
事实上,所有的学校都是在浪费时间
In fact, all of school is a waste of time.
当然。就像我的导师,乔治·奥威尔常说的那样
Of course. Like my mentor, George Orwell, used to say,
“国家资助的教育
“State sponsored education
“就像一根棍子在泔水桶里发出的嘎嘎声。”
“is like the rattling of a stick inside a swill bucket.”
是啊!
Yeah!
统治阶级的核心课程扼杀了异议
The ruling class’s core curriculum stifles dissent.
这是书中最古老的把戏了
It’s the oldest trick in the book.
你在说什么?
What are you talkin’ about?
她一点都不在乎
She doesn’t care about any of that.
我从三年级开始就这么说了
I’ve been saying that since the third grade.
你知道吗,你看起来很聪明
You know, you seem really smart.
你对披萨有什么看法?
What is your position on pizza?
-呃,我喜欢? -我也是!
-Uh, I like it? -Me, too!
你在做什么?
What are you doing?
我宁愿和康妮待在一起
I’d rather hang with Connie.
什么?回来!你打开这个…
What? Come back here! You open this…
(乔扮演米特斯先生的呼噜声)
(JOE AS MR. MITTENS YOWLING)
嗯,我觉得你的猫想出去
Um, I think your cat wants to get out.
啊,他以为他什么都知道
Ugh, he thinks he knows everything.
乔:22号♥!别离开我
JOE: 22! Don’t you walk away from me.
马上过来
Come here right now.
我要进去,我要把沙发刮干净
I’m gonna go in and I’mma scratch up the sofa.
哦,等等,那是我的沙发
Oh, wait a minute, that’s my sofa.
你真的把事情弄清楚了,康妮
You really got things figured out, Connie.
我最好把这个还给你。它属于学校
I’d better give this back. It belongs to the school.
当然
Sure.
知道吗,我真的很高兴还有其他人
You know, I really am glad there’s someone else
能看到这地方有多荒谬
who sees how ridiculous this place is.
你退出是对的。我学会了离开…
You’re right to quit. I learned about quitting…
你知道吗,G 先生?
You know what, Mr. G?
我昨天在练习这首歌♥
I was practicing this one thing yesterday
也许你可以听听,然后告诉我退出,好吗?
and maybe you can listen to it and
tell me to quit after, okay?
呃,好吧
Uh, okay.
(演奏即兴爵士曲调)
(PLAYING IMPROVISED JAZZ TUNE)
哇。你真的很喜欢这个
Wow. You really love this.
是啊
Yeah.
所以,也许我最好还是坚持下去?
So, maybe I’d better stick with it?
是啊
Yeah.
康妮:再见,G 先生
CONNIE: Bye, Mr. G.
下周见!
See you next week!
乔:22号♥!
JOE: 22!
所以,康妮来这里是想退出的
So, Connie came here to quit,
但后来她没有
but then she didn’t.
22号♥,忘记这一点。听着
22, forget about that. Listen.
我需要知道这些,乔。她为什么不退出呢?
I need to know this, Joe. Why didn’t she quit?
因为她喜欢演奏
Because she loves to play.
她可能会说她讨厌一切,但长号♥是她的所爱
She might say she hates everything,
but trombone is her thing.
她很擅长
She’s good at it.
也许长号♥是她的火花,我不知道
Maybe trombone is her spark, I don’t know.
拜托。如果我想重新夺回演出,我需要你的帮助
Please. If I’m gonna get this gig back, I need your help.
可以
Okay.
真的?
Really?
我会帮助你,但我想尝试一些事情
I’ll help you, but I wanna try a few things.
因为我不知道
‘Cause I don’t know,
有些东西不像”你的研讨会”那么无聊
some of it’s not as boring as it is at the You Seminar,
如果康妮能在这里找到她喜欢的东西
and if Connie can find something she loves here,
也许我也能
maybe I can, too.
-太好了! -那么,我们首先要做什么?
-Great! -So, what do we do first?
-22:这水好烫! -没关系
-22: This water hurts! -It’s okay.
你只需要转动另一个旋钮
You just have to turn the other knob.
22:哦,好吧,这样比较好
22: Oh, okay, that’s better.
如果你做完后
And I wouldn’t be mad
给我擦点润肤露我也不会生气
if you put a little lotion on me when you’re done.
22:我帮你洗了屁♥股♥
22: I washed your butt for you.
啊!辣!辣的!
Ah! Spicy! Spicy!
你们5个人会没有安全感
You five will be insecure.
而你们12个只会以自我为中心
And you 12 will be self-absorbed.
我们真的不应该再让这么多人去那个展馆了
We really should stop sending so many
through that pavilion.
泰瑞:找到他了!
TERRY: Found him!
大家看到了吗?
See that, everybody?
谁知道为什么计数不算数了?
Who figured out why the count’s off?
没错,泰瑞做到了
That’s right, Terry did.
这是泰瑞时刻
It’s Terrytime.
-哇哦。干得好 -那是谁?
-Wow. Nice work. -Well, who is it?

Right.
嗯… 乔·加德纳是他的名字
Uh… Joe Gardner is his name.
他好像回到了地球上
Looks like he’s back down on Earth.
那不好
That’s not good.
那个… 那是我们为22号♥安排的导师
That… That’s the mentor we set up with 22.
好吧,好吧。别歇斯底里了
All right, all right. Easy on the hysterics.
泰瑞已经控制住了。我会处理的
Terry’s got this under control. I’ll handle it.
怎么样?
How?
我这就下去把他抓起来
I’ll go down there and get him.
把计数调好,立即
Set the count right, lickety-split.
好吧,哇。你确定这是个好主意吗?
Okay, whoa. Are you sure that’s a good idea?
听着,你们都是给它添麻烦的人
Look, you all are the ones who beefed it.
我正在试着消除它
I’m trying to un-beef it.
但是你不能被看见
But you cannot be seen.
任何人
By anyone.
别担心。我会确保没人看见我
Don’t worry. I’ll make sure no one else sees me.
我会像忍♥者一样在阴影中移♥动♥
I’ll move among the shadows, like a ninja.
拜托,快一点,安静一点
Please, just do it quickly and quietly.
而且很快。也很安静
And also quickly. And quietly as well.
不会是一场灾难,这是肯定的
This won’t be a disaster, that’s for sure.
嗯。可靠的棕色旧西装。还是很合身
Mm. Trusty old brown suit. Still a perfect fit.
后面这部分有点紧
It’s a little tight in the back-here part.
乔:它会松的。坐下来
JOE: It’ll loosen. Sit down.
我是一只猫
I’m a cat.
我会的
I’ll do it.
你不会叫电梯的,记得吗?
You couldn’t call an elevator, remember?
不可能。我只需要排队。现在保持
No way. I just need to line me up. Now be still.
呃,就像一把小小的电锯
Uh, it’s like a little tiny chainsaw.
-别动 -我没动。是你在动
-Don’t move. -I’m not moving. You’re moving.
哦,不!
Oh, no!
别担心,我没事
Don’t worry, I’m okay.
哦,不,不,不!我的头发!我的头发不好了!
Oh, no, no, no! My hair! My hair is not okay!
这是一场灾难!
This is a disaster!
我们得解决这个问题。马上
We gotta fix this. Right now.
-好吧。怎么办? -我们得去见迪兹
-Okay. How? -We gotta go see Dez.
太好了。迪兹是谁?
Great. Who’s Dez?
男人:哟,伊恩,哥们,你怎么长出
MAN: Yo, Ian, man, how you get
这么大的花生头? 你怎么了?
that big peanut head? What happened to you?
伊恩:伙计,闭嘴,伙计。你知道我对此很敏感
IAN: Man, shut up, man.
You know I’m sensitive about that.
乔:迪兹是后面的那个人
JOE: Dez is the guy in the back.
他能解决这个问题
He can fix this.
谈谈有火花的事
Talk about havin’ a spark.
这家伙天生就是个理发师
This guy was born to be a barber.
但我不能在你所有的朋友面前冒充你
But I can’t pass for you in front of all your friends.
迪兹是我唯一能和他说话的人
Dez is the only one that I talk to.
我们通常谈论爵士乐
We usually talk about jazz,
但这一次,你只要坐在那里,剪头发,然后离开
but this time, just sit there, get the cut, and get out.
嘿,乔。你工作日来这里干什么?
Hey, Joe. What are you doing here on a weekday?
你又没打电♥话♥预约,伙计。要等一会儿
You didn’t call for an appointment, man.
It’s gonna be a while.
啊,我就怕这个。请坐吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!