Time.
时间
Time, it has been proposed is the fourth dimension.
时间被称为第四次元
And yet, for mortal man
但是对一般人而言
time has no dimension at all.
时间是抽象的
We are like horses with blinders
我们就像盲人骑瞎马
seeing only what lies before us.
看不见眼前的真♥相♥
Forever guessing the future
只能凭空猜测未来
and fabricating the past.
编织过去的历史
Brilliant.
太精彩了
Quite right, Your Grace.
是的 公爵大人
How, you ask, can we lift these shackles
我们能否挣脱时间的枷锁
and live not in the moment.
不只是活在当下
but in the glorious expanse of time’s continuum?
而是遨游在 浩瀚无垠的时空?
Listen, and I shall tell you.
让我告诉大家
The secret lies in the enduring power of our achievements
秘诀就在于 如何创造不朽的成就
Our creations!
以及心血结晶
As the pyramids testify to the Egyptians
就像金字塔是埃及人的骄傲
so my glorious erection shall represent
我的擎天之柱也将代表
our culture in perpetuity.
我们辉煌的文化成就
Behold, rising before you
各位眼前的建筑
the greatest erection on the continent.
将是美洲大♥陆♥ 最伟大的擎天之柱
The greatest erection of the age!
史上最雄伟的一柱擎天
The greatest erection on the planet!
全人类最了不起的壮举
Hold this. Of course.
拿着 好的
For the Herald, Your Grace.
请拍一张相片吧
I understand you’ll be making an important announcement tonight.
听说你今晚有重大宣布
Good afternoon, ladies. Please, excuse me, please.
女士们午安 请恕我失陪
And the PerrierJouet should be chilled. You understand? Chilled. Yes, sir.
香槟必须冰镇 了解吗? 是的 先生
Leopold!
李奥
Leopold, where have you been? Leopold!
李奥 你跑哪儿去了? 李奥!
Otis, I demand explication!
欧帝斯 请你解释一下
It’s half past 5:00! He’s not even dressed!
都五点半了 他却还没更衣
He’ll be ready, my lord. I assure you.
他一定会准备好的 老爷
I don’t want him ready. I want him resplendent!
那还不够 我要他容光焕发
Ah, Miss Blaine.
贝小姐
You dance like a like a herd of cattle.
你的舞姿像…一头水牛
You are a rare woman
你真是个罕见的女人
who lights up a room simply by leaving it.
你一离开后就全室蓬璧生辉
Might you be rich, Miss Blaine?
你有钱吗?
whilst I am the third Duke the little secret of those of us in the Royal Court
虽然我是一位公爵
apart from our general uselessness
但是皇卿贵族不仅一无是处
is our massive indebtedness.
同时也负债累累
It’s always been your misfortune, Leopold
你最大的问题就是
that you so thoroughly amuse yourself with the sound of your own voice.
你太自命清高了
In a life as stagnant as mine.
我的生活已经这么沉闷了
that I can amuse myself at all is an evolutionary marvel.
如果不能自命清高岂不太可怜
Please don’t touch that.
请你别乱动
The device you were jabbering about to take priests to the bell tower.
这玩意只能把神父载到钟塔
To take anyone, Uncle, to the floor they so desire.
它能把任何人 载到任何一层楼
Buildings continue to climb.
大楼越盖越高
Soon they will outstrip the stamina of our legs.
很快就会 超过双脚所能负荷了
You speak of progress and invention.
你老是高谈科学和发明
Yet what I offer you downstairs is reality.
但是你必须面对现实
Take a wife.
乖乖娶个老婆吧
Marry.
婚姻
Marriage, marriage is the promise of eternal love.
婚姻 婚姻是真爱的承诺
I can not promise eternally what I have never felt momentarily.
没有爱怎么能论及婚姻
Born into privilege, yet perversely ashamed of it.
你老是以贵族出身为耻
That is your tragedy.
这就是你的悲哀
My God! If my brother could only see you, he’ll be heartbroken.
你父亲看到你这样 一定很伤心
You are no duke!
你已经不是公爵了
Of course I’m not.
当然不是
The monarchy is dead, Uncle. We are relics. That is reality.
皇室已死 我们只能苟延残喘
The new Royals are men of accomplishment.
事业有成的人才是新贵
Men like Roebling, with his bridge.
像是桥梁工程师罗布林
Edison, with his lamp
灯泡发明人爱迪生
Diesel, Bell, Westinghouse
迪索 贝尔 西屋
Those men made themselves from nothing!
他们都是白手起家
You, on the other hand, were born with everything and from it
你出生于贵族之家
fashioned nothing.
却一事无成
As of tonight, I wash my hands of you.
过了今晚我就不管你了
Take a good look at your dance card, Leopold.
好好物色一张饭票吧
A wealthy bride is your only surety.
有钱的老婆 就是你最好的保障
Your Grace
公爵大人
may I present Miss Tree of the Trees of Schenectady, sir.
这位是来自 史坎迪的崔家千金
Miss Tree?
崔小姐
It’s an honor to be making your royal acquaintance, Your Highness.
很荣幸认识您 陛下
Shall we?
来吧
Many dreams, all useless.
全都是不切实际的梦想
Who are you?
你是谁?
No, no, no.Please, wait, no.
不 不 别走
I don’t want to harm you. Stop! Please!
我不会伤害你
Sir, wait!
站住
Pardon me. Pardon me.
失礼了
Go! Go!
快走
Stop, sir! Please!
请你站住
Oh, my God.
我的天
No!
不!
Let go! Just let go. It’s okay!
放手 放手吧 没关系
You don’t understand! Let go!
你不明白 快放手
I don’t want to hurt you! Let go!
我不想伤害你 放手
Oh My God
好变♥态♥
We must remember, Bart
你要记住 巴特
that sometimes it is okay to color outside the lines.
有时候做点反常的事也无妨
Hello? My Palm Pilot. You still have it.
喂 我的掌上电脑还在你那儿
Kate, it’s 1:00 in the morning.
凯特 现在是半夜一点
And clearly you’re awake, so what is the infraction?
你也还没睡 搞什么东东?
Look, Kate, I don’t know where your Palm Pilot is.
我不知道在哪儿
And I can’t do this right now.
我也没空找
Not now. I’m expecting a call.
我正在等电♥话♥
Oh, Bart. Oh, I’m sorry, baby.
巴特 对不起
She is not a happy person.
她非常不快乐
Goddamn it!
可恶
You know what, Stuart? You know what? I’m…
史都 你知道吗? 我…
Kate Please. I’ve got somebody here, okay?
拜托 我有客人
I know. I saw her.
我知道 我看到她了
No, you didn’t.
你才没有
Yes, I did!
我有
It’s a him, if that’s any kind of consolation to you.
那是个男的 可以了吗?
So, look, now that you know I’m not getting laid, just go to bed, okay?
我没有乱搞 快去睡吧
Nuh-uh, don’t. Do not hang up on me, Stuart. Don’t do that.
别挂我电♥话♥ 史都
Kate, please.
凯特 拜托你
I beg of you. Something big is happening.
行行好吧 发生一件大事
Something that validates my entire life.
这件事关系我的一辈子
“Something that validates your entire life.” What could that possibly be?
到底是什么大事呀?
Are you sitting down?
你坐着吗?
Yes.
是的
No, you’re not.
才怪
Yes, I am.
真的啦
No, you’re not.
别唬我
Okay.
好吧
I found it.
我找到了
What did you find?
你找到什么?
The portal.
一个入口
A crack in the fabric of time.
时空的裂缝
It was over the East River, Kate just where I said it would be.
我就说是在东河上方
You found the portal?
你找到了入口?
A portal into April 28th, 1876.
1876年 4月28日的入口
I jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge
我从布鲁克林大桥跳下去
and took a walk in 1876 today.
然后在 1876年的街头闲逛

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!