-Can I talk to your supervisor? – He’s not in today.
有法官在吗
What about a judge?
肯定有法官能解决这种问题
There must be judges that work on this kind of thing.
去六楼
Sixth floor.
我们明白
We understand the nature
针对塔伯特神父的指控意味着什么
of the allegations against father Talbot.
我只是不明白
I’m just not sure
你们想从卡梅萨校长这儿得到什么
what you want from President Kemeza.
塔伯特任教期早在比尔接手之前
Talbot taught here long before Bill took over.
这我们知道
Mmm. Of course.
我们只是想知道有没有可能
We just want to know if it’s possible
校长 教员和董事会
that the president, the faculty, the board,
没有一个人知道那时发生了什么
that no one knew what was going on at the time.
我1979年毕业
I graduated in 1979,
对此一无所知
and I had no idea about any of this.
所以要是你们在暗示吉本斯神父和
So if you’re suggesting that father Gibbons
卡拉汉神父有某种
and father Callahan had in any way…
吉本斯和卡拉汉
Gibbons and Callahan.
我是说 他俩把这管理得像海军一样
I mean, they ran this place like the Navy.
你真的觉得他们不知道吗
You really think they didn’t know?
这个学校很大 罗比 这你知道的
It’s a big school, Robby. You know that.
而且你刚才说
And then we’re talking about
整整8年才有7个所谓的受害者
seven alleged victims over, what, eight years?
我只是说 我们知道的有7个
No, we’re talking about, you know, seven that we know about.
这太荒唐了
This is ridiculous.
-你们在套故事吧 -杰克 杰克
– You’re reaching for a story here… – Jack. Jack.
杰克 要是我当时是校长
Jack. If I had been president then,
我应该会知道
I would’ve known.
比尔 我不觉得这有什么联♥系♥
Bill, I’m not sure that’s relevant.
你觉得他们为什么把塔伯特送到谢弗斯
Why do you think they sent Talbot up to Cheverus?
你知道他们想让他离开这里
You know they wanted him out of town.
罗比
Robby,
比尔这么说也是出于一番好意
as well intentioned as Bill’s remarks are,
所以我希望在我们充分交流之前
I’m hoping we can keep this
这次谈话能暂时不要外传
between us until we all get on the same page.
我们这次见面是为了充分交流吗
Is that why we’re here, to get on the same page?
不 我们见面是因为你是个
No, we’re here because you’re
重要的校友 罗比 也是朋友
an important alumnus, Robby, and a friend.
没错 而且我们知道
Exactly. And we know
你跟我们一样关心这个学校
you care about this school as much as we do.
杰克 你在这上学时参加过运动队吗
Did you play a sport here, Jack?
有啊 橄榄球 怎么了
Yeah. Football. Why?
我参加过田径队
Mmm. I ran track.
我昨天去普罗维登斯
You know, I went to Providence yesterday
和塔伯特神父的一个受害者聊天
to talk to one of father Talbot’s victims.
他曾在这儿打冰球 打得还算可以
He played hockey here. And he’s one of the better ones.
他有老婆 孩子 一份好工作
He’s got a wife, kids, good job.
我们刚聊了10分钟
About 10 minutes into the conversation,
他就崩溃了
the guy breaks down.
哭得停不下来
You know, couldn’t stop crying.
他说他怎么也想不明白
Said he could never figure out
塔伯特神父为什么选了他
why father Talbot picked him.
塔伯特神父是冰球队的教练
Father Talbot coached the hockey team.
所以
So…
看来我们只是运气好吧
I guess we just got lucky.
你和我
You and me.
杰克·邓恩在学校工作吗
Does Jack Dunn work for the school?
没 他是波士顿大学的公♥关♥
No, he’s PR for Boston college.
他们需要帮忙时就叫他
They call him when they need help.
还有彼得·康纳利 他怎么也来了
And Pete Conley, why was he there?
好问题 皮特是个有名的校友
Good question. Pete’s a big alum.
可我直接给比尔打的电♥话♥
But I called Bill directly
只说要个简单会面
and I asked for a sit-down.
根本没提其他人
I never mentioned anybody else.
好像全世界都已经知道这事了
It’s like everybody already knows the story.
只有我们不知道 而我们就在对街工作
Yeah. Except us. And we work right there.
波士顿环球报
-沃尔泰拉法官 -怎么了
– Judge Volterra? – Yes?
你好 我是《波士顿环球报》的麦克·雷赞德斯
Hi. I’m Mike Rezendes from the Boston Globe.
我遇到了一些麻烦
I’m having some trouble accessing
没法查阅档案室的一些公开档案
some public records down in the records room.
我在想能不能跟您说句话
I was wondering if I could have a word with you?
-好的 -谢谢您
– All right. – Thank you.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
雷赞德斯先生 您申请的这些证物
These exhibits you’re after, Mr. Rezendes,
是非常敏感的档案
they’re very sensitive records.
恕我直言 阁下 这不是问题
With all due respect, your honor, that’s not the question.
那些档案是公开的
The records are public.
也许是 不过告诉我
Maybe so, but tell me,
谁对公开这种档案
where’s the editorial responsibility
负编辑责任
in publishing records of this nature?
谁对不公开这种档案
Well, where’s the editorial
负编辑责任
responsibility in not publishing them?
你不能拿走原件 要复印才行
You can’t take those. You need to make copies.
-我这就去复印室 -复印室4点就关门了
– I’m going to the copy room. – It closed at 4:00.
看好了 我给你
Look, I’ll give you…
83块钱借一下你的打印机
83 bucks to use yours.
出租车
Hey! Cabbie!
去莫里西林荫大道的波士顿环球报
Take me to the Boston Globe on Morrissey Boulevard.
别走93街 走多尔切斯特大街
Don’t take 93. Take Dorchester Avenue.
罗比 太不可思议了
Robby, it’s incredible.
毫无疑问 劳很多年前就知道盖根的事
Law knew about Geoghan for years, no question.
有封给劳的信 来自一位玛格丽特·格兰特
There’s a letter to Law from a woman, Margaret Gallant,
是80年代早期写的
who lived in Jamaica plain
她家住在牙买♥♥加平原 当时盖根就在那儿
in the early ’80 when Geoghan was there.
听听这个
Listen to this.
“我们家世世代代都去这个教堂
“Our family is rooted in the church.
即使在我们家的7个男孩遭受亵渎
Our desire is to protect the Holy orders
我们为此而愤怒不已时
even in the midst of our agony
我们还想着保护圣职”
over the seven boys in our family who have been violated.”
7个 罗比 7个男孩
Seven, Robby. Seven boys.
“他们建议我们保持沉默
“It was suggested we keep silent.
两年前我们没有质疑
We did not question
教堂的威望
the authority of the church two years ago.
可是鉴于盖根神父还在他的教区”
But since father Geoghan is still in his parish… ”
她给劳写了信 劳却无动于衷
but she sent it to Law and Law did shit.
还有一封给劳的信 同一年 听听
Here’s another one to Law, same year. Listen to this.
“对于盖根神父最近的工作分配有些看法
“A word on the recent assignment of father Geoghan…
早在韦斯顿的圣茱莉亚教区当助理神父时
As an associate at St. Julia’s in Weston,
盖根神父就有
Father Geoghan has a history
跟男孩发生同性性关系的历史
of homosexual involvement with young boys.
我理解他最近离开圣布兰登教区
I understand his recent departure from St. Brendan’s
可能和这件事有关
may be related to this problem.
我想盖根神父
I wonder if father Geoghan
是不是应该只在周末工作
should not be reduced to just weekend work
并且接受某种治疗
while receiving some kind of therapy.
如能得到您的及时关注 我将不胜感激
You know how grateful I am to you for your constant concern.
此致 敬礼
Sincerely yours in our lord,
波士顿辅理主教 约翰·M·达尔斯
most reverend John M D’Arcy, auxiliary bishop of Boston.
1984年12月7日”
December 7, 1984.”
是个辅理主教写的吗
An auxiliary bishop wrote that?
真是难以置信
That’s incredible.
他这是越级上报 格兰特写信是哪年
He broke ranks. I mean, when did Gallant write her letter?
-1984年 -劳直接忽略了
– 1984. – And Law just ignored it.
那么可怕的信怎么还会被忽略呢
How do you ignore that freakin’ letter?
我们拿到了
We got ’em.
读了这些信就有了定论了
You can’t read these letters and think anything else.
这是证据
It’s proof.
没错
Yeah, it is.
干得不错
This is good work.
我们是不是该给本看看
Should we take it up to Ben?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!