马特和我
Matt and I can go in in the morning
早上可以来接电♥话♥
in case we get any calls.
我更担心前台的电♥话♥
Yeah, I’m more concerned about the phones at reception.
我们报道波特案后
After we ran the Porter case,
信息中心好几个星期都忙不过来
the message centers were tied up for weeks.
-是个问题 -还有找事的
– It’s a real problem. – There were picketers too.
很多
Lots of ’em.
我会跟理查德说安全和电♥话♥的事
I’ll talk to Richard about the security and the phones.
后续报道怎么做
Uh, how are we coming on the folo story?
我们挖了70个神父的各种故事
Well, we’ve nailed down multiple stories on 70 Priests.
-70个都有吗 -是
– All 70? – Mm-hmm.
还得到了罗比线人的确认
And with confirmation from Robby’s source,
我们准备好了
we’re ready to go.
下星期可以出来草稿
We can have a draft next week.
罗比 你那个线人
Robby, that source of yours,
我们可以再访谈下吗
is it something we could revisit?
可能会比较难
It might be tough.
但他帮教会保护几十个
But he has no problem helping the church
变♥态♥神父倒没问题
protect dozens of dirty Priests.
真是个人♥渣♥
Guy’s a scumbag.
他是律师 他只是在尽职
He’s a lawyer. He’s doing his job.
他是教会的爪牙
He’s a shill for the church.
他早就知道 却无动于衷
He knew and did nothing.
几年前他满可以说出来
He could’ve said something years ago,
可能还能救几条命
maybe saved some lives.
那我们呢
What about us?
-这是什么意思 -我们早得到消息了
– What’s that supposed to mean? – We had all the pieces.
为什么不早报道呢
Why didn’t we get it sooner?
-我们没得到消息 -我们有萨维阿诺
– We didn’t have all the pieces. – We had Saviano.
我们有巴雷特 我们有盖根
We had Barrett. We had Geoghan.
我们有地下室的目录
We had the directories in the basement.
我们已经报道了
You know what? We got it now.
罗比 这篇报道需要《聚焦》
Robby, the story needed Spotlight.
麦克 1970年就有《聚焦》了
Mike, Spotlight’s been around since 1970.
那又怎样 我们那时还不知道这么多
So what? We couldn’t see the scope of this.
没人知道
No one could.
罗比 一开始只有一个神父
Robby, this started with one goddamn Priest.
多年前麦克利什就给我们写信揭发20个神父
Macleish sent us a letter on 20 Priests years ago.
萨沙找到剪报了
Sacha found the clip.
你在开玩笑吗 20个神父
You freaking kidding? Twenty Priests?
什么时候
When?
波特案发后 93年12月
Uh, just after Porter. December ’93.
我们在都市版把故事压下了 没跟进
We buried the story in Metro. No folo.
那是你吗
That was you?
你负责都市版
You were Metro.
没错 是我
Yeah. That was me.
我当时刚接手 根本不记得了
I’d just take it over. I don’t remember it at all.
但确实是我
But yeah.
我能说几句吗
Can I, uh, say something here?
有时很容易忘记
Sometimes it’s easy to forget
我们大部分时间都是在黑暗中摸索
that we spend most of our time stumbling around in the dark.
突然灯被打开
Suddenly a light gets turned on,
大家都会相互指责
and there’s a fair share of blame to go around.
我不能评论我来之前的事
I can’t speak to what happened before I arrived,
但你们大家在这做的报道都很好
but, uh, all of you have done some very good reporting here.
我相信这些报道会对读者
Reporting that I believe is gonna have an immediate
产生立竿见影不可磨灭的影响
and considerable impact on our readers.
我觉得这种报道是我们工作的意义所在
For me, this kind of story is why we do this.
虽然这么说
Having said that,
劳枢机主教和天主教社区
Cardinal Law and the Catholic Community
还是会对这篇报道做出强烈的反应
are gonna have a very strong response to this.
所以你们要是需要一些时间
So if you need a moment,
可以给你们
you’ve earned it.
但是
But, uh,
周一早上你们要回来
I will need you back here Monday morning,
全心全意投入到工作中
focused and ready to do your job.
-走吗 -走
– Leaving? – Yeah.
我刚才接到了枢机主教的电♥话♥
I, uh, just got a call from the Cardinal.
是吗 说什么
Really. Why?
他想亲自告诉我
He wanted to tell me personally
他决定保持沉默
that he decided not to comment.
说他这么做是出于礼貌
Yeah. Said he wanted to, uh, extend me that courtesy.
老天 他还真有脸说 你怎么说的
Jesus, the balls on that guy. What did you say?
我告诉他他在犯错
I told him he was making a mistake
而且我们要发这篇报道了
and that we were gonna run the story.
我们当然要发这篇报道了
Damn right we’re gonna run it.
萨沙 我能喝口水吗
Sacha, can I have a drink of water?
当然能 奶奶
Yeah. Sure, Nana. Yeah.
我能留着吗
Can I keep this?
当然能
Sure.
我觉得你应该先看到它
I thought you should see it first.
谢谢你专程送过来
Thank you for bringing it by.
我现在有几个委托人要接待
Now, I have some clients I have to attend to.
两个孩子都受过虐待
Both kids were abused.
牙买♥♥加平原 两周前
Jamaica Plain. Two weeks ago.
请再接再厉 雷赞德斯先生
Keep… doing your work, Mr. Rezendes.
-你们好啊 -你好
– Hello. – Hello.
你们怎么样
How are you guys doing?
-挺好的 谢谢 -那就好
– Good, thanks. – Good.
多年来 教会纵容包庇神父猥亵儿童
-好啊 -早上好
– Hey. – Good morning.
睡得怎么样
How’d you sleep?
不太好 你呢
Not very well. You?
我已经好几个月没睡好了
I haven’t slept well for months.
谢谢 这个 我开始写作了
Oh, thanks. I, uh, actually started writing.
-写作 -是的 我一直在写一本书
– Writing? – Yeah, I’ve been working on a book.
好让我换换脑子
Gives me something else to focus on.
-什么样的书呢 -恐怖故事
– What kind of book? – Horror.
这里是《聚焦》
Spotlight.
是的
Yeah.
是的 当然 能告诉我您的姓名吗
Yeah, of course. Can I, uh… can I get your name, please?
你知道今天是星期天吧
You do know it’s Sunday, right?
订不到场子
Couldn’t get a tee time.
-没有找事的 -是啊
– No picketers. – Yeah.
可能还在教堂
Probably still at church.
你好 琳达 好安静啊
Hey, Linda. It’s quiet, huh?
是啊 最轻松的一次加班
Yeah. Easiest overtime I ever made.
电♥话♥一次也没响
Phone hasn’t rung once.
马蒂调了我的两个人去《聚焦》
Marty sent two of mine down to Spotlight.
-文章很棒 两位 -谢谢
– Great article, guys. – Thank you.
谢谢 《聚焦》
Thanks. Spotlight?
好的 是的
Okay. Yep.
《聚焦》 有什么事我能帮您
Spotlight. Can I help you?
电♥话♥响了一早上
Phones have been ringing all morning.
《聚焦》
Spotlight.
-麦克 你能接下那个吗 -好 好
– Mike, can you grab that? – Yeah, yeah.
几乎都是受害者打来的 罗比
They’re almost all victims, Robby.
-抱歉让您久等了 -我是萨沙·法伊弗
– I’m sorry to make you wait. – Sacha Pfeiffer.
抱歉 您能
I’m sorry… can you…
是的 打这个电♥话♥就能找到我
Yes, you can reach me here.
这里是《聚焦》
This is Spotlight.
能告诉我您的姓名吗
Can I get your name?
您跟后来到那里的
Did you happen to have any contact
任何人有过联♥系♥吗
with anybody that was there afterward?
您还记得那是哪年吗
Do you remember what year this was?
哪个教区呢
Which parish was it?
这里是《聚焦》
This is Spotlight.
2002年全年
《聚焦》团队刊登了近600篇有关这一丑闻的报道
波士顿大主教管区内有249个神父和教友被公开指控性侵
仅波士顿的受害者人数预计就超过千人
2002年12月 枢机主教劳从波士顿大主教管区辞职
他后来被重新分配到罗马的圣母马利亚大教堂
世界上等级最高的罗马天主教堂之一

以下地区的大规模性侵丑闻被陆续揭发

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!