我有几个手下也跟着他加班
I got guys who won’t leave till he does.
简直浪费编辑室的水电暖
He’s wearing out the goddamn newsroom.
-盖根案进展到哪了 -在采访更多受害者
– Where are we on Geoghan? – Following up on more victims.
-我想扩大调查范围 -为什么
– I want to expand the investigation. – Why?
出现了第四个神父 据说可能有十三个
We got a fourth Priest. There might be as many as 13.
-十三个 -没错
– Thirteen? – Yeah.
-哪儿来的情报 -菲尔·萨维阿诺
– Who’s your source? – Phil Saviano.
天哪 罗比 我跟麦克说了
Jesus Christ, Robby. I told Mike
-那家伙他… -我知道 我知道
– that guy’s a fuckin’… – I know, I know.
但萨维阿诺没准是对的 本
I think Saviano might be legit, Ben.
能细说吗
Want to elaborate on that?
不行
No. Not really.
我感觉事情越来越明显 直觉如此
It just feels like this thing’s stacking up. That’s my gut.
-好吧 -好的
– Okay. – Okay. Good.
谢谢
Thank you.
你好
Hello?
是雷赞德斯先生吗
Mr. Rezendes?
是我 你是哪位
Uh, yeah. Who’s this?
我是理查德·赛普
It’s Richard Sipe.
理查德 你好吗
Oh, yeah. Hey, Richard. How are you?
-我很好 -感谢来电
– I’m good. – Uh, thanks for calling.
菲尔·萨维阿诺说我可以联♥系♥你
Look, uh, Phil Saviano g-gave me your name.
能问你一些问题吗
I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions.
-当然 -太好了
– Of course. Yeah. – Great.
菲尔跟我说你在巴尔的摩
Uh, so Phil told me that you were working
教会的一个治疗中心工作对吗
a-at one of the church’s treatment centers in Baltimore.
对 西顿精神病治疗所
Yes. The Seton Psychiatric Institute.
是仁爱修女会经营的
It was run by the daughters of charity.
是什么时候的事 理查德
And, uh, when was that, Richard?
我1965年开始担任精神病医生
Well, I started my psychotherapy fellowship there in 1965,
-好 -在那儿待了五年
– Okay. – And I was there for five years,
但接下来的三十年
but I spent the next 30
我一直在研究神父和他们侵犯的受害者
studying abusive Priests and their victims.
真的吗
Really?
你一直专注研究这个吗
And that’s… that’s been your sole focus?
麦克 教会希望我们相信
Look, Mike, the church wants us to believe that
某些人只是少数老鼠屎
it’s just a few bad apples.
但实际问题要大得多
But it’s a much bigger problem than that.
有多大呢 理查德
How much bigger, Richard?
根据我的研究
Well, based on the research,
我将其归类为可识别的精神病现象
I would classify it as a recognizable psychiatric phenomenon.
这的确是大事
That’s big.
你好 麦克
Hey, Mac.
假设我要找一些历史资料
If I wanted historical data on a Priest,
所有神父分配教区的记录
parishes he’s been assigned to,
上哪儿能找到
where would I find that?
盖根案吗 都在剪报里
The Geoghan case? It’s all in the clips.
原件在丽萨那儿
Lisa has the source material.
假设是其他神父呢
What if it was for another Priest,
没登过报的
one that hadn’t been in the papers?
-你要找另外一个神父的吗 -你要找谁
– You’re looking at another Priest? – Who you looking at?
有办法吗
Any ideas?
马特 连名字也不告诉我吗
Come on, Matt. You’re not gonna tell me?
我得去开会了 谢了 马克
I gotta get to a meeting. Thanks, Mac.
回见 史蒂夫
Hey, Steve.
每个大主教辖区 每年都会出一本名册
The archdiocese puts out an annual directory,
记录每一位神父及其教区
every Priest and parish.
太棒了
That’s great.
有98年以前的吗
Do these go back any further than ’98?
有 直到80年的都在梅茨
Oh, yeah. Going back to the ’80s in the Mez.
再之前就得去波士顿公共图书馆找了
Beyond that, you gotta go to BPL.
-梅茨对吧 谢谢你 丽萨 -不客气
– The Mez, huh? Thanks, Lisa. – You bet.
他说他们的目标都是同一类型的孩子
He said they all target the same kind of kid.
家境贫寒 缺乏父爱 家庭破碎
Low-income families, absentee fathers, broken homes.
所以盖根这一类的人
So a guy like Geoghan
不是因为偏爱他们才对其下手
goes after boys not because he prefers them,
而是因为他们更易感到羞耻 不易开口
but because they have more shame, less likely to talk.
这些家伙是捕食者 罗比
These guys are predators, Robby.
我和赛普谈过了
I-I-I talked to Sipe.
六十年代 他在西顿见过几十号♥这种人
He said he’s seen dozens of them in the ’60s in Seton.
他已经将其归类为”现象级”了
He called it a “Phenomenon.”
-那他为何不公开 -他试过
– Why didn’t he go public? – He did.
但教会费了很大劲去败坏他的名声
But the church made a huge effort to discredit him.
各种诽谤
Smear campaigns,
请德高望重的大主教发表公开演讲
public statements by prominent bishops.
萨维阿诺和加拉贝迪安都说对了
It’s just like Saviano said. And Garabedian.
-他那边有进展吗 -更多受害者
– You getting anywhere with him? – More victims.
还要更多受害者 不能让他快点松口吗
More victims. You can’t empty his pockets?
我在做工作 还需要点时间
I’ll get to him. I just need more time.
拜托 麦克 你得搞定他
Come on, Mike. You gotta get him.
我会搞定他的
I’ll get him. I’ll get him.
天哪 这是什么味道
Jesus. What the hell is that smell?
墙角有只死老鼠
There’s a dead rat in the corner.
-查到什么了吗 -教会名册
– What have you got? – Church directories.
这里有马萨诸塞州
It’s every Priest in Massachusetts,
所有神父及其教区的记录
what parish they’re assigned to.
官方记录吗
Are these official?
对 这些应该能帮我们
Yeah. I figured it could help us track down
查到萨维阿诺提过的那些神父
some of the Priests Saviano mentioned,
或许还能找到更多受害者
maybe find some more victims.
-灯开亮点行吗 -我找不到开关
– Can we turn on some more lights? – I couldn’t find the switch.
-要戴眼镜吗 -不用 我能看清
– You wanna borrow my glasses? – No, I’m good. I’m good.
看 1983年
Look. 1983.
约翰·盖根 多切斯特圣布伦丹教区
John Geoghan, St. Brendan’s parish, Dorchester.
那就能查到任一神父任一年份在何地任职咯
So we can find out where any Priest is in any given year?
对 比如这位
Yeah, I got him here at…
-奇怪 -怎么了
– huh. – What?
1980年 盖根从JP调走这年
1980. The year Geoghan was pulled from JP.
写的是因病离职
It says he’s on sick leave.
不可能 真这么写吗
Come on. It really says that?
1991年那本在哪
Where is, uh, 1991?
在这儿
Yeah. Here ya go.
让我瞧瞧 巴雷特 巴雷特 利亚姆
Let me see this. Barrett. Barrett. Liam.
我看不清 找一个叫利亚姆·巴雷特的
I can’t read that. Look for a Liam Barrett in there.
1991年他被调离查尔斯敦
1991’s the year they pulled him out of Charlestown.
利亚姆·巴雷特
“Barrett, Liam.”
“因病离职”
“Sick leave.”
这是个官方调令
It’s an official designation.
这些都搬到楼上去
Let’s get these upstairs.
马特 把萨维阿诺说的那些神父都查一下
Matt, check on those Priests Saviano gave us.
-我是罗比 -我在法♥院♥
– Robby. – I’m down at the courthouse.
有些事不对劲
Something’s not right here.
-尚利神父也没有 萨沙 -好的 谢谢
– Nothing on Shanley either, Sacha. – Okay, thanks.
-我们得再找麦克利什谈谈 -为什么
– Um, we need to talk to Macleish again. – Really. Why?
这儿什么也没有 没有任何记录
Huh? There’s nothing here. There aren’t any records.
久等了各位 抱歉 接电♥话♥耽搁了
Thanks for waiting. So sorry, guys. Stuck on a call.
-没关系 你好吗 -我很好
– Not a problem. How are you? – Good.
-感谢抽空见我们 -客气 有什么事吗
– Thanks for meeting us. – You bet. What’s up, guys?
麦克利什先生 你认识保罗·尚利神父吗
Mr. Macleish, are you familiar with a Priest named Paul Shanley?
是的 我认识他
Yes, I am familiar with him.
你有案子和他达成过和解吗
And have you settled cases against father Shanley?
想必两位明白 我不能和你们讨论这些
As I’m sure you can understand, I can’t discuss that with you.
那么 罗纳德·帕昆神父呢
Yeah, h-how about, uh, father Ronald Paquin?
同样也不能讨论 别这样 朋友们
Well, I can’t discuss that with you either. Come on, guys.
我们知道你有多起案子分别和他们达成和解了
We understand you’ve settled several cases against each of them.
就算我参与了那些案子
Even if I’d been involved in those cases,
条款中有保密协议
the settlements would be confidential
我只要开口就会被吊销执照
and I could be disbarred for acknowledging their existence.
明白吗
Okay?
我和你们说过这些案子非常棘手
Look, I told you guys these are tough cases.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!