马蒂 都市版应该报道些什么了
Metro should run something, Marty.
我们不能大幅报道这个
We can’t run this one big.
为什么不呢
Why wouldn’t we?
这是第一修正案的一次重大胜利
It’s a major first amendment victory.
更不用说 还有一个
Not to mention, you get an
爱尔兰天主教法官判教会败诉
Irish Catholic judge ruling against the church?
史无前例啊
That’s a hell of a precedent.
我们不希望《先驱报》深入挖掘
We don’t want the Herald going deep on this.
为什么
Why’s that?
你得出去了 彼得
You’re gonna have to step out, Peter.
我才不出去
I’m not stepping out.
彼得
Peter.
-你什么时候 -几周前
– When did you, uh… – A couple of weeks ago.
几周
A couple of weeks?
-是的 -可你现在才告诉我们
– Yeah. – And you’re telling us now?
这些材料冲击力太强
These are substantial.
它们能有力证明劳玩忽职守
They clearly show that Law was negligent.
再给我一些时间
I need more time.
-我想继续挖下去 -挖什么
– I wanna keep digging. – For what?
-事实已经摆在眼前了 -还不全
– This is the goddamn story. – It’s not the whole story.
没办法 我们现在时间紧迫
Tough shit. We’re on a clock now.
即使我们不报道斯威尼的判决
Even if we don’t run Sweeney’s ruling,
其他报纸也会找到这些信件 把事情搞砸
another paper could find these letters and fuck the story.
那倒是 不过要是我们只报道这些信
Agreed. But we run these letters alone,
劳就会道歉 说这只是偶然事件
Law apologizes, says it’s a one-time thing.
他会压下去的
He can bury it.
怎么压 这些信摆明了他知道却不加理睬
How? These clearly show he knew and did nothing about it.
我快要查出70个神父的故事了
Look, I’m close to stories on 70 Priests.
我们挖个彻底 加上这些信
We nail that, along with those letters,
就能证明这事不光牵扯劳
this is proof that this is bigger than Law.
还牵扯到整个体系
It’s the whole system.
你有那么多证人指证所有神父吗
You have multiple sources confirming all those Priests?
有一些 我可以找出其他的
On some. I can get more.
风险太大了
Too risky.
如果不是每个神父都证据确凿
If we’re not buttoned up on every single one of them,
教会会对我们下狠手的
the church will pick us apart.
我想我能拉个对方的人过来
I think I can get us someone from the other side of the aisle.
教会内部的人吗
Somebody inside the church?
是的 一位律师
Yeah. A lawyer.
他愿意公开身份吗
Will he go on the record?
背景很深 但他是个可靠的证人
Deep background. But he’s a solid source.
雷赞德斯写报道需要时间
Rezendes needs time to write the story.
我们不能圣诞时发表 9/11才刚过
We don’t want to drop it at Christmas, not after 9/11.
我们可以元旦后发表
We could run it just after new year’s,
赶在他们公布其余文件之前
before they release the rest of the documents.
就这样
All right.
告诉卡内洛斯不要在都市版中提判决的事
Tell Canellos to bury the ruling in Metro.
你有6周时间
You got six weeks.
谢谢
Thank you.
告诉麦克圣诞节前我要一版草稿
Tell Mike I want a draft by Christmas.
我们还需要湖滨道的回应
And we need a response from Lake Street.
谁是枢机主教的公♥关♥ 还是约翰·沃尔什吗
Who does PR for the Cardinal? Still John Walsh?
不是 换人了 多娜·莫里西
No, somebody new. Donna Morrissey.
从电视台跳过来的 很年轻
She came from TV. She’s young.
好 要份声明
Good. Get a quote.
我们需要劳的表态 这样会显得公正一些
We need something from Law to appear evenhanded.
罗比 下次你♥他♥妈♥提前透个风
Robby, next time give me a goddamn heads-up.
会的
Will do.
离截稿还有41天3小时
特别报道 聚焦专栏 盖根信件等
离截稿还有21天4小时
离截稿还有8天2小时
你的证人找得怎么样了
是时候了

罗比 稀客啊
Robby, what a nice surprise.
进来
Come on in.
亲爱的 你看谁来了
Hey, hon, look who I found outside.
凯伦 我们能单聊会吗
Karen, can you give us a minute?
-当然能 -见到你很高兴 凯伦
– Sure. – Good to see you, Karen.
什么事
What’s up?
我没时间了 吉姆
I’m out of time, Jim.
我们找出了70个神父被掩盖的事实
We’ve got cover-up stories on 70 Priests.
但要是得不到你的确认
But the boss isn’t gonna run
老板就不让我们登这篇报道
it unless I get confirmation from your side.
你疯了吗
Are you out of your mind?
别这样 这城市是我们的家 吉米
Come on. This is our town, Jimmy.
大家早就知道情况不对
Everybody knew something was going on,
可没人出手揭露
and no one did a thing.
我们该出手了
We gotta put an end to it.
轮不着你告诉我该做什么
Don’t tell me what I gotta do.
我是给这些混♥蛋♥做过辩护
Yeah, I helped defend these scumbags,
可那是我的工作 罗比
but that’s my job, Robby.
我只是在尽职而已
I was doing my job.
是啊
Yeah.
其他人也只是”尽职”
You and everyone else.
你给我滚出去
Get out of my house.
你专门来我家 给我唱这么一出
You come to my home and lay this shit on me?
你说得没错 罗比
You were right, Robby.
我们早就知道情况不对
We all knew something was going on.
那你呢 你怎么到现在才行动
So where were you? What took you so long?
我不知道 吉姆
I don’t know, Jim.
把名单给我
Give me the list.
拉里 6小时后我们就要付印了
Larry, we’re going to press in six hours.
波士顿环球报
多娜·莫里西几小时前就说
Donna Morrissey said she’d
要打给我们 给我们劳的声明
call us with a quote from law hours ago.
我觉得也是
That’s what I thought.
你什么时候跟她说的
When did you talk to her?
好的 好的 拉里
Okay. Okay, Larry.
好的 那太好了 谢谢你 彼得
Yeah. Yeah. Yeah, that’s good to know. Thanks, Pete.
有消息吗
Anything?
康利说多娜·莫里西本该给我们打电♥话♥的
Conley said Donna Morrissey should’ve called.
他刚从湖滨道出来
He just left Lake Street.
拉斯基也这么说
Yeah, Rasky said the same thing.
这太荒唐了
This is ridiculous.
你觉得他们想抢先控制事态
You’d think they want to get ahead of this.
不这么做他们才是傻子呢
I mean, they’d be idiots not to.
我特别想看他们读到这篇报道时的表情
I would love to see their faces when they read this thing.
星期天有主显节餐会
Sunday’s the feast of the Epiphany.
似乎是个好日子
That seems appropriate.
我是麦克·雷赞德斯
Mike Rezendes.
你好 多娜
Hey, Donna.
谢谢来电 是的
Thanks for calling. Yeah,
我有几个问题 想占用你几分钟
I just had a few questions if you have a minute.
什么
What?
-怎么了 -又一个形容词
– What? – Another adjective.
-有消息吗 -劳刚才拒绝了我们
– Anything? – Law just turned us down.
天哪
Jesus Christ.
我刚跟多娜·莫里西通完电♥话♥
I just got off the phone with Donna Morrissey.
她说 引号♥ 我们甚至
She said, quote, “We don’t even
连你们想问什么都不想知道 引号♥完
want to know what the questions are,” End quote.
-她真这么说的吗 -是的
– Did she really said that? – Yeah.
这下可好了
Well, that ought to do it.
“教会没有兴趣
“The church had no interest
接受《环球报》的提问”
in knowing what the Globe’s questions would be.”
把这段话加到转折前 有其他消息吗
Work it in somewhere before the jump. Anything else?
马特想把这些信放到网上
Matt wants to put the letters online
这样读者就可以自己看了
so the readers can see for themselves.
我们可以把网页地址加到文章最后
We can run the URL at the bottom of the article.
-简单直接 -好
– It’s pretty straightforward. – Okay.
我们还把《聚焦》的热♥线♥
We also put the Spotlight tip line
加到报道最后了 这样读者可以打电♥话♥
at the end of the story so people can call in.
直接打到咱们办公室
Goes directly to our office.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!