但我会虚心求教不懂的知识
But I am not ashamed to inquire of my teachers.
我每天都能学到新的知识
Each day I learn new ways of bring about nature’s
这些将来有一天会用到的
facts in case nature herseIf should fall us.”
写什么了?
What does he say?
他正在学习,为了帮我们
He says he’s learning many things to heIp us.
他过得好吗?
But is he happy there?
没有什么需要的吗?
Does he say he need anything?
没有
No mother
我非常想念爸爸妈妈
“I miss my beloved father and mother deeply.
我渴望和大家在新家里过幸福的日子
And I’m eager to share the happiness of our new home.”
妈妈,我也想离开
Mother, I want to go away too!
离开?
Go away?
我想做军人,我想打仗
To the wars! I’ll be a soldier!
你突然说些什么疯话呀?
Now then what madness is this?
我听说现在打仗的消息
Well I’ve heard stories of war and plunder and battle,
我对这种生活已经说倦了
and I hate this house!
我要离开这里
And I’ll go!
那个音乐声能不能停下来
I wish she’ll stop that music!
现在安静多了
Now this house is full of silences
正给妈妈念哥哥的信
I was reading mother a letter from the older brother
爸爸也想看吗?
would you like to hear it?
要是他很好的话,以后看吧
If he’s well it can wait!
看你脸色,有什么事吗?
But there’s more in your face than the letter!
他想当兵
He’ll be a soldier
当兵?
A soldier! Now then,
就像好钢不能用来造钉子
men don’t take good iron to make an all,
好男人也不会去当兵
nor a good man to make a soldier
对我这个庄稼人来说
It would be a disgrace to me a man of serving land
有这种儿子是丢人的
to have a son who’s a soldier!
不过我在家里什么都不是
But I’m nothing in this house!
如果不喜欢这里
If you’re lost in this house
就到田里去
go back to the land!
去帮庆,到收割为止
HeIp Ching until the harvest
手上沾点泥土
Put an alert on yourseIf!
对男人是好事
That’s good for any man!
你不喜欢干农活
Well if the land isn’t fit for you anymore
那我也一样
it isn’t fit for me!
真不知道是怎么回事
Now all these stuff I don’t know
到了那个年纪脾气都会变大的
He’s come to the age of tempers and weeping
我小时候脾气没有这么大
When I was a lad I had no such tempers!
你当年在地里干活
You worked on the land;
但是他象个少爷
but he’s like a young lord!
他还没有结婚呢
And he’s been alone here
你像他那么大的时候已经结婚了
And you worry his age to have a bride
只不过收了一个下…
But I was given a sla…
我结婚的时候爸爸也没有花钱
My marriage cost my father nothing!
他是我们的儿子啊
The boy’s our son!
和那个女人在一起生活,还不如死的好
He would be better dead than here with this woman!
什么? 你怎么能
What? You’re dreaming!
听吧,反正别的已经听不进去了
Even she hears it who has nothing else;
现在那个女人掌握了这个家
it feels all this house the woman of cause
她很无聊并且你的儿子还小
she’s bored and your son is young…
够了!
Enough!
现在就像在厨房♥唠叨一样
Gossip! Kitchen gossip!
想想你的过去
That’s where you came from!
你以前那样活过,以后也那么活吧
Where you wished to live,live there then!
你只要吃好睡好就行,不过以后我们之间
Eat ‘n sleep we will,but between you and me
没什么关系了
there’s nothing! Nothing!
在这里很孤独
The man is lonely here
你在家里干什么?
What are you doing in the house?
田里还有那么多活呢
There’s work to be done in the fields
你怎么了?
But, what is it?
你在哭。女人哭了男人会不好意思的
You’re weeping, and you must do it and man can be sorry
为什么哭?
But why do you weep?
有这么多吃的
There’s food for everyday
家里也这么暖和
And fire!
偶尔我也会想到自已的农田
Sometimes a man gets a longing for his fields
你想重新干活的话
Well, if it pleases you to come up again
就和我一起做吧
and working them, they’re yours!
还是让我儿子来吧
No it’s better for my son to come;
整天关在家里
in the house he pulls against the yolk
到这里会自♥由♥一点
He has all the freedom here he wants!
他今天在哪里?
Where is he today?
他来了又走了
He comes and goes!
有时候是一天,有时是两天
Sometimes 1 day, sometimes 2
我以为你知道呢
I thought you knew
我什么都不知道
I knew nothing!
我一直在城里
I spend my time in town!
为什么现在才说?像牛一样笨
Why don’t you tell me you slow witted ox!
这个还用说吗? 所有人都知道了
Why should I tell you what everyone’s been saying?
好几个星期了
For weeks!
你说什么?
What?
没什么
Well…
快点说啊
Well speak!
你有眼睛和耳朵也应该知道啊
If you have eyes and ears you’ll know
知道什么?
Know? Know what?
你的妾和你儿子…
That the second wife and your son is…
说谎!
Liar!
离开我的地
Get off my land.
这么长时间都在一起过来了
Well, it’s been a long time with us
收拾你的东西离开吧
Take what belongs to you and go
我来的时候空手来的
I came to you with nothing,
走了也没什么好带走的
I’ll go with nothing
您回来了! 老爷!
Good day master! Good day!
爸爸!
Ah! Father!
滚,在我面前消失
Get out! Out of my sight!
您保重啊,妈妈
Good bye mother
妈妈,不舒服吗?
Mother! Mother you’re ilI,
我去叫医生
you should have a doctor
没什么
It’s nothing
不管到哪里都要让我知道啊
Where you go you ought to tell me
听说北方有战争
They say there’s a war in the north
战场上会有很多人被杀掉的
Sometimes in wars there are those who die
这是没办法的事情
Well if that’s best, let it be!
我走了大哥要负责收割啊
When I’m gone,you must see to the harvest
已经有很多债了
we almost did it already,
他们会告诉你金额的
the clerk will tell you how much
我会处理的
I will see to it
你走之前还有事情要做
If you must go,there’s a thing to be done
去和爸爸道别吧
Speak to your father
不去
No no I can’t!
你是他的小儿子
You’re his youngest son
爸爸
Father father!
我走了
I am going away
我…我想说
I…I only want to tell you that I…
我很…请你原谅
how I…if you could forgive me
快点去吧
But go!
侄儿,我们破产了,全都完了
Nephew! We’re ruined! Everything’s gone!
我早就知道会变成这样
And I predicted it! I predicted it!
有什么事?
What’s happened?
我为了告诉你特意跑来了
I knew it, I ran miles to tell you
到底是什么事?
What is it?
我原谅一切
I forgive everybody
什么事? 你看这个吧
What is it? This!
是蝗灾
Locusts!
飞行瘟疫
The flying plague!
叫它们来吧
Well! Let them come!
那地怎么办?还怎么收割?
But the land, the harvest!
不能和神作对
What can we do against the gods?
这不是神
It’s not the gods!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!