细 细 的 红 线
世上为何有这么多战争?
What’s this war in the heart of nature?
万物为何自相残杀?
Why does nature vie with itself?
陆地和海洋为何互相对抗?
The land contend with the sea?
大自然是否充满仇恨?
Is there an avenging power in nature?
善恶是否同时存在?
Not one power, but two?
我记得我母亲临终前
I remember my mother when she was dying.
脸色苍白 形如槁木
Looked all shrunk up and grey.
我问她害不害怕?
I asked her if she was afraid.
她只是摇摇头
She just shook her head.
我不敢面对她的死亡
I was afraid to touch the death seen in her.
也不觉得她蒙主荣召是一件好事
I couldn’t find nothing beautiful or up lifting about her going back to God.
听说精神能永垂不朽 不过我没见过
I heard people talk about immortality, but I ain’t seen it.
不知道我死时会怎样
I wondered how it’d be when I died.
当你知道那是最后一口气不知道是什么感觉
What it’d be like to know that this breath now was the last one you was ever gonna draw.
我希望能和她一样坦然面对
I just hope I can meet it the same way she did.
跟她一样…平静
With the same… calm.
当心灵得到平静精神就能永垂不朽
Cos that’s where it’s hidden – the immortality I hadn’t seen.
这里的小孩不会打架
Kids around here never fight.
有时候会
Sometimes.
他们在玩耍的时候
Sometimes when you see them playing
总是会打架
they always fight!
– 他怕我吗? – 有一点
– Is she afraid of me? – Little bit.
– 你怕我吗? – 怕
– Are you afraid of me? – Yes.
– 为什么? – 因为你看起来…
– Why? – Cos you look…
…像是个军人
You look as an army!
– 我像军人? – 对
– I look army? – Yes.
无所谓
Well, that don’t matter.
这不重要
It doesn’t matter.
– 孩子累了 – 对
– Baby’s tired. – Yes.
他游累了就会睡
If she swims, she wants, she will sleep.
好 来
All right, come on. Turn around.
快…快…快
Go, go, go, go. Go!
快点…快点…
Come on, go.
快 快 快
Go, go, go, go!
威特 是美军的巡逻艇
Witt, patrol boat!She’s American.
它怎么会单独出现?
What’s it doing out here all alone?
威特 你一点都没变
You haven’t changed at all, have you, Witt?
什么也没学到
You haven’t learned a thing.
当别人信任你你就肯为他赴汤蹈火
All a man has to do is leave it to you, you’ll put your head in the noose for him.
你逃过几年兵?
How many times you been AWOL?
你当兵六年了
Been in the army, what? Six years now?
如果要学聪明
Ain’t it time you smartened up and stopped being such a punk recruit?
现在该是时候了
I mean, if you’re ever gonna.
我们不能都当聪明人
We can’t all be smart.
没错 真可惜
No, we can’t, and that’s a shame.
看看你
Look at you.
你在我的连队不能乖乖服役
Truth is, you can’t take straight duty in my company.
你在这世上不能成为 一个好的军人
You’ll never be a real soldier, not in God’s world.
这是C连 我是副连长
This is C Company, of which I’m First Sergeant. I run this outfit.
史塔洛上尉是连长 这里是我话事 任何人都不可以违抗
Captain Staros, he’s the CO, but I’m the guy who runs it. Nobody’s gonna foul that up.
你只是一张吃饭的嘴
You’re just another mouth for me to feed.
你本来要接受军事审判
Normally, you’d be court-martialled.
算你好运
But I worked a deal for ya.
我给你另作安排
Gotta consider yourself lucky.
我派你到纪律部队
I’m sending you to a disciplinary outfit.
当担架兵 照顾伤兵
You’ll be a stretcher-bearer. You’ll be taking care of the wounded.
我能接受任何处罚
I can take anything you dish out.
我一个人就比你好两倍
I’m twice the man you are.
在这个世界里
In this world…
一个人根本微不足道
a man himself is nothing.
只有这一个世界
And there ain’t no world but this one.
你错了 副连长
You’re wrong there, Top.
我见过另一个世界
I seen another world.
有时候我觉得这只是我的想像
Sometimes I think it was just… my imagination.

Well,
我和你的看法不同
then you’ve seen things I never will.
这个世界在自我毁灭
We’re living in a world that’s blowing itself to hell as fast as everybody can arrange it.
你只以只眼开只眼闭
In a situation like that all a man can do is shut his eyes and let nothing touch him.
为自己着想
Look out for himself.
我可能是你最好的朋友
I might be the best friend you ever had.
你自己都不知道
You don’t even know it.
他憎死你了
He hates you worse than poison.
我不觉得他憎我 因为我不憎他
I never felt he hated me, cos I don’t hate him.
我爱C队的兄弟
I love Charlie Company.
他们是我的家人
They’re my people.
这个岛叫”顽石”
They call it “The Rock”.
原本无人占领 后来让日军盖了机场
Nobody wants this island. Japs just put an airfield there.
主要战区在这里
Fighting’s confined to this area.
这是攻击澳洲的途径亦是进攻美国的海道
This is their road to Australia, and this is their way of controlling the sea lanes to America.
若要阻止日军攻占南太平洋 就得在这里开战
If we’re gonna stop the Japs’ advance into the South Pacific, we’ve gotta do it right there.
海军陆战队已经试过 现在轮到我们
The Marines have done their job. Now it’s our turn.
我们将奋不顾身
Worked my ass off.
尽量迎合将军
Brown-nosed the generals.
降低身份
Degraded myself
为他们 为我家人
for them and my family.
和我的家
For my home.
– 我很敬佩你 上校 – 谢谢你 长官
– I admire you, Colonel. I do. – Thank you, sir.
你这年纪的军官早已退休了
Most men your age would have retired by now.
你是好军人
It’s OK.
部队需要你这种成熟的长官
We need general officers with maturity and character like you.
我们有好的中士和中校
We’ve got good sergeants and good lieutenant colonels.
他们一当了上校 就想做将军
But once a man gets those eagles, he can’t wait to get that star.
于是成为政客
He becomes a politician, right?
只会拍上司的马屁
Goes along to get along.
很难坚持原则
So goddamn hard to stay upright.
– 你说得对 长官 – 上将会注意我的表现
– You said it there, sir. – With the Admiral watching, which he will be.
– 一定有人盯着你 – 嗯
– There’s always someone watching. – Yeah.
像只猎鹰
Like a hawk.
总是有人想抢你的功劳
Always someone ready to jump in, if you’re not.
– 你有儿子吗 上校? – 有的 长官
– D’you have a son, Colonel? – Yes, sir.
很好 不能让子孙打这场烂仗
Good. We don’t want our sons or grandsons fighting this war 30 years from now, do we?
– 没错 是不能 – 那就全力攻敌
– No, sir, we sure don’t. – Then you crush ’em without mercy.
把敌人赶尽杀绝 抢下机场
You dig them out of the hills and protect that airfield.
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
你有没有想过日军为何在这儿盖机场?
You wonder why… Why did the Japs put an airfield there of all places?
我们对大局不太清楚
I guess we don’t know the bigger picture, if there is such a thing.
– 你认为呢? – 我从不想这种问题
– What do you think? – Well, sir, I never ask myself that question.
你很谦虚
You’re a humble man.
没人要这座岛…除了你
Nobody wants that island… but you.
你有多大的决心?
How much do you want it?
我会全力以赴
As much as I have to, sir.
家人为我做的牺牲
All they sacrificed for me
就像覆水难收
poured out like water on the ground.
我本来能好好爱他们
All I might have given for love’s sake.
太迟了
Too late.
我的心已死
Died…
像树木一样慢慢凋零
slow as a tree.
你感觉得到吗?
D’you feel it?
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
谢谢你 长官
Thank you, sir.
权力越大 恐惧越深
The closer you are to Caesar, the greater the fear.
我就是感到害怕
I just can’t help how damn scared I am, sarge, all right?
无法控制
I can’t help it. I got…
小时候我继父常用砖块打我
My stepdaddy took a block and beat me when I was real little
我好怕 老是躲起来
and I was scared and I used to run, I used to hide.
时常睡在鸡窝
Hell, I slept in the chicken coop a whole lot of nights.
我以为我不会再害怕
And I never thought it’d get no worse than that.
但是现在我分秒都在害怕
But I’m living by the… by the minute here. I’m counting the seconds.
马上就要登陆一定会遭到空袭
Hell, we’re gonna be landing soon and there’s gonna be air raids.
我们会阵亡在滩头

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!