Maybe there had been some sort of revolt.
我留在这里也找不出线索
I can make no sense of the clues left me here.
可能援军来了能找到答案
Perhaps my relief will provide the answers.
来 西斯科 再来一次
Come on Cisco. One more time.
起来!
Git up!
来 西斯科 起来
Come on! Git up Cisco.
起来!
Git up!
起来!走啊!
Git up! There you go!
放松
Easy.
每个人都知道 只有白人才会升起火
Only a white man would make a fire for everyone to see.
可能不只一个
Maybe there’s more than one.
可能有3 4个
There might be three or four.
我知道3 4个白人
I know three or four…
…他们不会经这条道回家的
…who will not be making the trip back home.
这些痕迹里什么也看不出来
We have nothing to show for this trail.
我们没有枪
We have no rifles.
而白人肯定有来♥福♥枪♥
White men are sure to have rifles.
下面有多少白人 这可没个准
It’s hard to say how many might be down there.
算了吧 回家去
We should forget this and go home.
好 走吧
Then go.
我宁可去死…
I would rather die…
也不愿意白人在我的土地上升起白烟
…than argue about a single line of smoke in my own country.
他要等到我们都死了才会离开
He will not quit until we are all dead.
那如果…
And if I…
看着我
Look at me.
别伤了我的骡子
Don’t hurt my mules.
慢着
Stop.
停下
Stop it.
请别伤了我的骡子
Please don’t hurt my mules.
到目前为止我对自己的努力很满意
I am pleased with my efforts thus far.
尽管我用尽所有的努力
For all my improvements
可还没法消除某些难看的地方
though there remains an ugliness here I cannot dispel.
有一处伤痕特别显眼 像是淤伤
An injury that goes beyond neglect and like a bruise
愈合得很慢
it will be slow to heal.
大约30天了
It’s been almost 30 days.
我已经能享受在赛格德 维克堡的生活方式了
I have come to enjoy the patterns of my life at Fort Sedgewick.
尤其是每天骑着西斯科巡逻
Especially my daily reconnaissance rides with Cisco.
每天我们都更深入大草原 而每个发现…
Each day we go further into the prairie and every discovery…
…无论大小 都永远的 铭刻在我的心中
…big or small becomes etched in my mind forever.
我已经晒得皮肤黝黑 也没有人来找过我
It would seem I’ve been marooned as no one has yet come for me.
我猜那儿一定出什么问题了
I can only assume that there is a problem
不过军队会很快解决的
which the army will solve shortly.
也许我太蠢 过于乐观了
Maybe I am being foolish in my optimism…
…但当我望着东方的地平线
…but when I look to the eastern horizon…
我从不怀疑会有一队人马在那边
…I never fail to hope that a column might be out there.
仍然收不到卡及尔上尉的命令
Still no sign of Capt. Cargill’s command.
尽管军粮储备充足
Though well-supplied
我还是 决定控制自己的用品…
I’ve decided to ration my goods…
…把自己作为军中的一分子
…as if I were part of a post instead of
而不是整支部队看待
the whole affair.
有一只狼对这里发生的一切很有兴趣
There’s a wolf who seems intent on the goings-on here.
不过它看起来并不讨厌
He does not seem inclined to be a nuisance however.
而且除了西斯科 它已经 成了我唯一的同伴
And aside from Cisco has been my only company.
过去两天 它每天下午都出现
He’s appeared each afternoon for the past two days.
它有两只雪白的前爪
He has two milky white paws.
如果它明天还来造访
If he comes calling tomorrow…
…我就给它取名两只袜子
…I will name him Two-Socks.
几乎整整一个月 还没有人来
Almost a month and no one has come.
这种情况持续得越久
The longer this condition persists…
…我获救的信心越小
…the less inclined I am to believe that anyone will.
大雨把我困在家里 大约已经两天了
Rain has forced me indoors for most of two days now…
…而我已经开始做雨棚
…and I have begun work on an awning.
现在是最寂寞的时候
It is the loneliest of times for me now…
不过说实话 我并不觉得不高兴
…but I can say honestly that I am not unhappy.
我怎样才能娶一个漂亮姑娘
How can I marry a pretty little girl
当我没有外套穿的时候
When I got no coat to put on?
士兵 士兵
Soldier soldier
你愿意娶我吗?
Won’t you marry me
在战斗开始前回家?
Before the fight comes home?
我怎样才能娶一个漂亮姑娘
How can I marry a pretty little girl
当我没有鞋子穿的时候?
When I got no shoes to put on?
我怎样才能娶个漂亮姑娘
How can I marry a pretty little girl
当我没有帽子戴的时候?
When I got no hat to put on?
士兵 士兵 你愿意娶我吗?
Soldier soldier won’t you marry me
在战斗开始前回家?
Before the fight comes home?
我怎样才能娶个漂亮姑娘
How can I marry an ugly little girl
几时带着漂亮的太太回家?
When I got a pretty wife back home?
哎 你!
You there!
我跟印第安人第一次有了接触
Have made first contact with a wild Indian.
有人潜入要塞 想偷我的马
One came to the fort and tried to steal my horse.
我一出现 他马上吓跑了
When I appeared he became frightened and ran off.
已将多余的军♥火♥埋起来
Have decided to bury excess ordnance
以免落入敌人手里
lest it fall into enemy hands.
只保留了最少量的必须品给自己
Keeping only the barest necessities for myself.
我每天下午的骑马勘查
My afternoon rides have been pared down
已减少为小范围的巡逻
to short circular patrols…
…但我一直没忘了自己的职责
…always keeping the post in sight.
我正准备做另一次的探察
Am taking steps to prepare for another visitation.
我不知道附近还有没有其他的人
Do not know how many more might be in the vicinity…
…但我猜只要有一个
…but am assuming that where there is one
总还会有另一个
there’s sure to be another.
我工作的绝大部分 旨在创造一种强大
Most of my work has been geared toward creating the illusion…
…而稳定的幻想
…of strength and stability.
我仍然孤独一人 除非部队尽早来到
I’m still alone however and unless troops arrive soon…
…否则一切难保
…all may be lost.
最近这几天踢鸟沉默寡言
Kicking Bird has been keeping to himself these last few days.
我可不喜欢看见我们的巫师这样孤独
I do not like to see our medicine man walking so alone.
他老婆怎么说?
What does his wife say?
她说他把自己收起来
She says that he is keeping to himself.
我不是问你这个
That’s not what I asked you.
那你问我什么?
Well what did you ask me?
她怎么说的?
What did she say?
她说这些天他爱把自己收起来
She said that he is keeping to himself these days.
她就是这么说的
That’s what she says.
我的肉一定要煮烂
Make sure that my meat is soft.
我牙痛
My teeth hurt.
能进来吗?
May I come in?
不 让他坐我身边吧
No let him sit with me.
今年夏天 我们这一带很美…
Our country seems good this summer…
…但我还没有真正到外面看过
…but I have not been out to see it.
可野牛群来晚了
But the buffalo are late.
我总担心我们的孩子吃不饱肚子
And I always worry about the bellies of our children.
我想跳舞
I was thinking of a dance.
对 跳舞是个好主意
Yes. A dance is always a good idea.
这会带来吉祥的徵兆
It would be good to have a strong sign.
有件关于徵兆的有趣的事情
There’s a funny thing about signs.
我们总能知道是吉兆还是凶兆
We know when they are bad or good.
有时候他们很奇妙 也很难理解其中奥妙
Sometimes they are strange and it’s hard to understand them.
让聪明人去考虑这些事吧
A smart man will think on these things.
如果他还迷惑不清 那他再去把这个告诉别人
If he is still confused he will tell somebody.
例如 他可以告诉你或者我
For instance he might tell you or me.
聪明人总是这样做的
A smart man always does this.
我已经看到了这样一个徵兆
I have seen such a sign.
真的?
Really?
我看见一个人
I saw a man.
一个裸体的白人
A naked white man.
你能确定是个男人么?
Are you sure it was a man?
我可以看见他的话儿
I saw his sex.
你跟他说话了吗?
Did you speak to him?
没有
No.
已经两天了 什么也没有

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!