What is your names?
-我们的名字? -他名字叫什么?
. Our names?. What is his name?
他说得对 应该先介绍一下
He’s right. Introductions should come first.
他…
He…
他…
He…

Kick.
踢?
Kick?
莫尔
More.
莫尔 踢
More kick?
莫尔 踢?
More kicking?

Kicking.
鸟?鸟 踢鸟
Bird? Bird kicking bird.
踢鸟
Kicking Bird.
那他是…
What is he…
他是酋长?
Is he chief?
不是
No.
一个圣人
A holy man.
圣人
Holy man.
你叫什么?
Your name?
-我不 -怎么称呼你?
. I don’t…. How are you called?
你起来?
Get up?
站起来?
Stand up?
站?
Stands?
站起来 你名字叫站起来?
Stands. Your name’s Stands?
是的 站起来
Stands.
-用 -用什么?
. With.. With?
-用 -站起来做什么?
. With.. Stands with?
拳头?
Fist?
是的
Yes.
握拳而立?
Stands With A Fist?
握拳而立
Stands With A Fist.
我叫约翰 邓巴
I’m John Dunbar.
约翰 邓巴
John Dunbar.
哑巴熊?
Dumb Bear.
不 不是哑巴熊
No not Dumb Bear.
邓巴
Dunbar.
邓…
Dun…
巴…
Bar.
不是哑巴熊
Not Dumb Bear.
邓巴
Dunbar.
和印第安人的交往已经 有了个令人兴奋的突破
There’s been an exciting breakthrough with the Indians.
我在茫茫草原上发现的 这个女人 居然会说英语
The woman I found on the prairie speaks English…
…今天 已经取得了明显的进展
…and today clear progress was made.
她是白种人 尽管我不能确信…
She is white and though I cannot be sure…
…她是怎样如何融入他们的…
…how she came to be with these people…
…我能断定她不是俘虏
…I can tell she is not a captive.
虽然我不害怕…
While I’m not afraid…
…但感觉并不是每个村里人都很欢迎我
…I don’t feel completely welcome by everyone in the village.
我来这儿一定是踢鸟的主意
My being here must be Kicking Bird’s idea.
他古道热肠 非常喜欢2个孩子…
He is very enthusiastic and like two children…
…我们都渴望着了解对方
…we are both anxious to know more about each other.
但我发现自己很优柔寡断
But I find myself holding back.
由于某些原因 回答 他所有问题时很勉强
For some reason I am reluctant to answer all his questions.
也许这是我自身的问题…
Maybe it’s my sense of duty…
…但是我感到不能说得过多
…but something tells me not to say too much.
能再回到福特 塞杰维克很愉快…
It was good to see Fort Sedgwick again…
…我更期盼着去拜访另一个新邻居
…and yet I look forward to another visit with my new neighbors.
这还是我的家 但是…
This is still my home however…
我依然心存善念 唯一能指望的是…
…and I remain watchful for my relief and can only hope…
我和草原野蛮人的谈判…
…that my negotiations with the wild people of the plains…
…能结出果实
…will bear fruit.
野牛
Buffalo!
野牛! 我看见野牛了
Buffalo! I’ve seen buffalo!
是野牛啊
Buffaloes!
塔坦卡
Tatanka.
塔坦卡?
Tatanka?
是的
Yeah.
骑手们被派出去找寻踪迹
Riders were sent out to pick up the trail.
那时在塞杰维克我交了很多朋友
In the time it took to gather my things at Sedgwick…
…整个部落在途中井然有序
…the entire tribe was well on its way.
他们行进的效率和速度…
Their efficiency and speed with which they moved…
…足够给任何一个军官留下深刻印象
…was enough to impress any military commander.
大伙热情高涨…
Spirits are high…
…我个人整夜 都处在不确定的状态中…
…and overnight I’ve gone from a person of suspicion…
…对一个真正有身分的人
…to one of genuine standing.
人们用坦诚的微笑 和欣赏的眼光向我致意
I am greeted with open smiles and looks of appreciation.
长话短说吧 我成了 大家心目中的名人
In short I have become a celebrity.
鲁坦塔!
Loo ten tant!
-鲁坦塔! -鲁坦塔!
– Loo ten tant! -Loo ten tant!
侦察员恰巧在我说过的地方 发现了野牛的踪迹
Scouts picked up the trail exactly where I said it would be.
它一点不难找…
It was not hard to find…
地上一条巨大的撕裂状痕迹 向地平线延伸而去
…a gigantic swath of torn-up ground extending to the horizon.
野牛巨大的数目 造就了这个奇观
The numbers it took to create this impossible image…
…真的难以想象
…was hard to imagine.
鲁坦塔!
Loo ten tant!
鲁坦塔!
Loo ten tant!
谁会干出这样的事?
Who would do such a thing?
这块土地经受了太多的…
The field was proof enough…
那种人是没有价值标准和灵魂的
…that it was a people without value and without soul.
肆意践踏苏族人的权利
With no regard for Sioux rights.
马车的痕迹远去 留给我些许疑惑
The wagon tracks leading away left little doubt…
…我的心猛往下沉
…and my heart sank
因为我知道那只能是白人猎手
as I knew it could only be white hunters.
整个清晨人们欢欣鼓舞…
Voices that had been joyous all morning…
…现在却沉寂下来
…were now as silent as
此时死去的野牛在山谷中腐烂…
the dead buffalo left to rot in this valley…
…杀戮这些生灵 仅为了
…killed only for their tongues and the
获取它们的舌头和毛皮
price of their hides.
鲁坦塔!
Loo ten tant.
形势突然变得明朗化 我知道发生了什么…
It was suddenly clear now what had happened…
…我的心绪低落 当我试图说服我自己时…
…and my heart sank as I tried to convince myself…
…那些被杀死的白人 …
…that the white men who’d been killed…
…十恶不赦 罪有应得
…were bad people and deserved to die.
但是这没有用处
But it was no use.
我试着去信任 风中散发和踢鸟…
I tried to believe that Wind In His Hair and Kicking Bird…
…其他参与杀戮事件的人…
…and the others who shared in the killing…
…因为自己的行为也愁眉不展
…were not so happy for having done it.
但他们是的
But they were.
当我面对一张张熟悉的脸
As I looked at familiar faces
我意识到我们之间存在隔阂…
I realized that the gap between us…
…比我能想到的还要严重
…was greater than I could ever have imagined.
当他们狂欢至深夜 即将到来的暴风雨…
As they celebrated into the night the coming hunt…
…很难知道会降临何处
…it was hard to know where to be.
我不知道他们是否能理解
I don’t know if they understood
但是在他们中间我夜不成寐
but I could not sleep among them.
没有关切 也没有责备
There had been no looks and there was no blame.
这里只有…
There was only …
…无法预知未来的迷惘心情
…the confusion of a people not able to predict a future.
你没事吧?
Are you all right?
我不能
I can’t.
不 我都说完了
No I’m full.
我都说完了 我说不出更多的东西了
I’m full and I can’t tell the story anymore.

No.
你想尝试一下?
You want to try it?
你想尝试一下?
You want to try it?
这儿
Here.
我办不到 这太多了
I can’t. This is too much.
一笔好买♥♥卖♥♥
Good trade.
这是笔好买♥♥卖♥♥
This is a good trade.
不 不 我不行 我都讲完了 我累了
No no I can’t. I’m full I’m tired.
不!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!