Blue, green, brown.
他很喜欢太阳.他被太阳晒成古铜色
And he loved the sun.And he was tan before and after everyone.
在太阳底下.他的头发像羊毛一样
And in the sun……his hair became…
羊毛一样
…fleece.
非常漂亮的男孩(犹太文)
Beautiful, beautiful boy.
很漂亮.很聪明.一个很好的孩子
So beautiful, so wise. All truth being relative.
这是事实
It was true.
漂亮.聪明.太完美了 – 这才像妈妈的话
Beautiful, wise, perfect! – There’s a real mother talking.
我要一个孩子. 真的吗
I want a child!
我要一个孩子.我要一个宝宝
On principle? I want a child. I want a baby.
这种完美并不能长久.只要有乔治就不会
This perfection could not last. Not with George.
只要有乔治在.就不会 – 看.她会改变话题
Not with George around. – There, you see, I knew she’d shift.
坐好 – 对不起.妈妈
Be still! – Sorry, Mother.
你不能坐好吗
Can’t you be still?
有乔治在就不会
Not with George.
一个快要溺死的人.会连带害了附近的人
A drowning man takes down those nearest, and he tried.
他试过.天啊
And, God
我曾经抵抗过他.我曾经抵抗过他
How I fought him! How I fought him!
我试着带它毫无损伤的度过黑暗婚姻
The one thing. I tried to carry unscathed through the sewer of our marriage
度过那可怜又愚蠢的白天和夜晚
Through the sick nights and the pathetic, stupid days…
度过那悲哀的笑声.天啊.笑声
Through the derision and the laughter. God, the laughter!
度过一个又一个的失败
Through one failure after another.
每一次结果都只是更加麻木.更加沮丧
Each attempt more numbing,more sickening than the one before.
这一件事物 .这一个人
The one thing, the one person I tried to protect…
我试着让他免于罪恶.使婚姻无可挽救
…to raise above the mire of this vile, crushing marriage…
黑暗中的唯一亮光: 我们的儿子
…the one light in all this hopeless darkness! Our son!
不要再说了 – 你不喜欢这样吗
Stop it! – Why,don’t you like it?
你不可以这样做
You can’t do this.
谁说的? 我说的
Who says? – I say!
告诉我为什么.宝贝
Tell us why, baby.
不…
No
游戏结束了吗? 是的.结束了
Is this game over? – Yes.over
不.还没有完
Oh, no! Not by a long shot.
我有个消息要讲.是关于儿子吉姆的事
I’ve got a surprise for you. It’s about sonny-Jim.
不要再说了.乔治 -是我在主持这个游戏
No George. – I’m running this show!
甜心.我有个坏消息.给我们两个的
Sweetheart.I’m afraid I’ve got some bad news for you.For both of us
真的是坏消息. – 是什么
I mean. Some rather sad news. – What is this?
玛莎.当你在忙.不.是你们两个在忙的时候
Martha, while you were busy, while the two of you were busy…
不知道在哪里
…I don’t know where
但是你们在某个地方.忙着自己的事
But you were somewhere…while you were busy for awhile…
这位小姐和我聊了一下.就是谈谈天
Missy and I were having a little talk.You know, a chaw and a talk.
然后门铃响
And the doorbell rang. Chimed.
我很难开口告诉你. 请不要再说了
It’s hard for me to tell you. – Please don’t!
告诉我
Tell me!
是从老西部公会来的.一个70岁的人送来的
It was good old Western Union, some little boy about seventy.
疯狂比利吗? 没错.就是疯狂比利
Crazy Billy? – That’s right. Crazy Billy.
他为我们送来了一份电报
And he had a telegram and it was for us.
我必须要告诉你.关于这封电报的事
I have to tell you about it.
为什么他们不打电♥话♥来?要亲自带来?
Why did they bring it?
为什么他们不打电♥话♥来
Why didn’t they telephone it?
有些电报必须亲自送.不能打电♥话♥
There are some telegrams you have to deliver
Martha. Some you cannot phone.
你是什么意思
What do you mean?
玛莎.我不知道该如何开口 – 不要
I can hardly bring myself to say it
那你来吗? 不…
You want to do it?
好吧.玛莎.孩子不会回来过生日了
Well, Martha, I’m afraid our boy isn’t coming home for his birthday
当然他会 – 不.他不会.玛莎
Of course he is! – No.Martha
当然.他会.我说.他会 – 不.他不能
Of course he is! I say he is! – He can’t.
他会.我说… 玛莎.我们的儿子…死了
Our son…is…dead.
有一天下午.他在一条乡村路上
He was killed late in the afternoon on a country road
带着他的学习驾照.他试着躲开来车
With his learner’s permit.He swerved to avoid
结果直接撞到…
A porcupine and drove…
你不能这样做 …一棵大树
You can’t do that! …into a large tree.
你不能这样做 – 我认为你应该知道
You cannot do that! – I thought you should know.
不…你不能这样做
You cannot do that!
你不能自己决定事情.我不能让你这样做
You can’t decide these things for yourself!
I will not let you do that!
事实上.我必须中午离开 我不能让你这样做
Have to leave around noon, I suppose.
I won’t let you decide these things.
我得要去认尸
There are matters of identification, arrangements to be made.
你不能这样做.我不能让你这样做
You can’t do this! I won’t let you!
不要碰我 – 我没有做任何事
Get your hands off me! – I haven’t done anything!
听我说.儿子死了.你必须要接受
Now you listen to me. Our son is dead! Can you get that through your head?
不要碰我
No Touch me
仔细听好
Listen carefully.
我们收到了一封电报.我们的儿子死于车祸
We got a telegram.There was a car accident and he’s dead!
就像这样.你喜欢吗? 不…
Poof! Just like that! Now how do you like it?
让她走.她会没事的 不…他没有死…
Let her go. She’ll be all right. He is not dead.
他死了 – 你不能这样做
He is dead. – You cannot decide.
他并没有做任何事.因为他没有能力
He hasn’t decided anything. It’s not his doing.
He doesn’t have the power.
没错.我不是神.对于生死无能为力
That’s right.I’m no god.I have no power over life and death,do I
你不能杀了他.你不能让他死
You can’t kill him.You can’t let him die!
既然有电报.给我看.给我看电报
There was a telegram. Show it to me! Show me that telegram!
我吃下去了
I ate it.
你说什么
What did you just say to me?
我吃下去了.很好.玛莎
I ate it. Good for you, Martha.
这个时候.你还在开玩笑
You make a joke at a time like this?
我是不是把电报吃了下去 你吃了.我看到
Did I not eat the telegram?
You ate it. I watched you and you ate it all down.
就像个乖孩子一样
Like a good boy
你跑不掉的 天啊.你知道规则的
You won’t get away with this.
You know the rules, for God’s sake!
你在说些什么 不…
What are you talking about?
我随时随地可以杀掉他 他是我们的孩子
I can kill him if I want to. He is our child.
是你生了他 顺利的生了他
You bore him. A good delivery.
他是我们的孩子
He is our child.
而我杀了他 不
And I’ve killed him. No…
是的 – 天啊.我想我懂了
Oh my God, I think I understand this
你懂了吗
Do you?
天啊.我想我懂了 – 很好.混♥蛋♥
Oh my God, I think I understand this. – Good for you.
天啊.我想我懂了
I think I understand
你没有权利.一点权利也没有
You’ve no right. You’ve no right at all.
我有这个权利.虽然我们没提过
I have the right, we never spoke of it.
我任何时间都可以杀掉他
I could kill him any time I wanted.
为什么? 你破坏了规矩.玛莎
Why? You broke our rule, Martha.
你和别人提到了他
You mentioned him to somebody else.
我没有 – 你有
I did not. – Yes, you did.
有.你向我提过
To me, you mentioned him to me.
我忘记了
I forget.
因为时间太晚了.而大家都在聊天
Sometimes when it’s late night and everybody’s talking…
我会忘记规则.而我想提.但一直忍♥.忍♥住
…I forget and I want to mention him. But I hold on. I hold on.
我好想好想提到他.但是乔治.是你逼我的
I’ve wanted to so often. But, George, you’ve pushed it.
这根本不需要
There was no need,
你根本不需要这样做.不需要杀了他
There was no need for this!I mentioned him,all right?
But you didn’t have to push it over the edge.You didn’t have to kill him.
(犹太文)
阿门.你不需要杀掉他
You didn’t have to have him die.
(犹太文)
根本不需要
That wasn’t needed.
天亮了.我想派对结束了
It’s dawn. I think the party’s over.
你们不能有吗? 不能
You couldn’t have any? We couldn’t.
该回家了.孩子们.睡觉时间过了
Home to bed, children. It’s way past your bedtime.
是的
Yes
你们两个走吧
You two go now.
我想要… – 晚安
I’d like to… – Goodnight.
你要什么吗? 不.什么都不要
You want anything? – No. Nothing.
好吧.该上♥床♥睡觉了
Time for bed.
是的. 累了吗
Tired?
是的.有点
Yes. I am.
明天是星期日
Sunday tomorrow.
整天
All day.
你一定要这样吗
Did you have to?
是的
Yes.
一定要吗 是的
You had to?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!