我认为那很棒
I think that’s very nice.
玛莎有很多钱
Martha has money because…
是因为她爸爸的第二任太太.不是玛莎的亲妈妈
…Martha’s father’s second wife…not Martha’s mother
当她第二任妈妈死时.非常老.长瘤.非常有钱
but after her mother died…was a very old lady…
…who had warts, who was very rich.
她是个女巫.她是个有钱的女巫
She was a witch! She was a good witch,
然后她和这支大白老鼠结婚
and she married the white mouse…with the red eyes
他一定舔了她的瘤.因为她像烟一样消失了
and he must have…nibbled her warts or something
because she went up in a puff of smoke almost immediately.
她除了留下治瘤的药以外.还有一大笔可观的遗产
And all that was left,apart from some wart medicine…
…was a big, fat will.
或许…
Maybe
或许我的岳父.和那个长瘤的女巫应该在一起
Maybe my father-in-law…and the witch with the warts
should have gotten together.
因为他也是支老鼠
Because he was a mouse too.
他是吗? 当然是
He was? – Sure!
他是只教会老鼠
He was a church mouse!
你太太从来没有提过有继母这件事
Your wife never mentioned a stepmother.
或许这不是真的
Maybe it isn’t true.
我之所以跟你说这么多.是因为你是直接威胁
You realize I’ve been drawing you out on this stuff…
…because you’re a threat to me
而我想要试探你. 当然可以
and I want to get the goods on you. Sure.
我警告过你了.我要向你挑战 我接受挑战
I’ve warned you. You stand warned. I stand warned.
你这只狡猾的狐狸.我最担心你这种人
You sneaky types worry me the most, you know.
你这狗♥娘♥养♥的.你是最糟的
You ineffectual sons of bitches, you’re the worst.
我很高兴你不相信我.现在历史站在你这边
I’m glad you don’t believe me.
You’ve got history on your side.
不.历史站在你这边
You’ve got history on your side.
生物站在我这边
I’ve got biology on mine.
历史.生物
History, biology.
我知道两者的不同. 看起来不像
I know the difference. – You don’t act it.
你先把历史系拿下来.然后整个大学
We decided you’d take over the History
Department first, then the whole works.
一次一个慢慢来
A step at a time.
我应该先慢慢的潜入.找到最弱的环节
What I thought I’d do is sort of insinuate myself generally.
You know! Find all the weak spots.
就像我
Like me.
变成一种事实.然后再变成一…
Become sort of a fact and then turn into a…
什么? 变成一种必然性
A what? – An inevitability?
没错.必然性
Exactly! An inevitability.
先从老教授那边抢来几堂课.再跟他们的太太乱搞
Take over a few courses from the older men.
Plow a few pertinent wives.
所以这就是你的计划
Now that’s it!
你先把老家伙挤到一旁去
You can shove aside all the older men…
但是直到玩完他们的太太.才算完成
…but until you’re plowing pertinent wives you’re not working.
这就是权力斗争.把他们通通干掉
That’s the way to power. Plow ’em all!
要进男人的心.首先要进入他最骄傲的工作
The way to a man’s heart…the wide, inviting avenue to his job
就是要籍由他的太太.不要忘记
is through his wife…and don’t you forget it.
我敢说你太太一定是整个校园里最容易的
I bet your wife’s got the most inviting
avenue on the whole campus!
我是说他爸爸是校长
I mean, her father being president and all.
你猜的一点都没错
You bet your historical inevitability.
我想现在就应该把她拖到草丛里去
I just better get her off into the bushes right away.
你最好这样做
You’d certainly better.
我差点以为你是认真的
I almost think you’re serious.
不.是你以为你差一点就做了.这把你吓到了
No, you almost think you’re serious. And it scares you.
我 是的
Me? Yes, you.
你在开玩笑
You’re kidding!
我希望我是
I wish I were.
如果你要的话.我可以给你一点忠告
I’ll give you some good advice if you want me to.
忠告.你给我忠告
Good advice? From you?
你还没有学好.随时随地都应该学习
You haven’t learned yet. Take it wherever you can get it.
听我的话
Listen to me
我现在就给你忠告了
I’m giving you good advice now.
天啊
Oh.My God
这里有流砂
There’s quicksand here
在你还没发现之前.你就已经被拖下去了
and you’ll be dragged down before you know it.
被吸下去
Sucked down!
你的原则让我恶心.还有你这个狗♥娘♥养♥的
You disgust me on principle and you’re a smug son of a bitch…
我试着要给你一个.生存下去的工具
…but I’m trying to give you a survival kit.
你听到了吗? – 我听到了.你很大声
Do you hear me? – I hear you. You come in loud.
你会听进去.对吧.每一件事都会有解决之道
You want to play it by ear, right?
Everything will work out anyway
因为历史就是这样演变的对吧
Because the timetable’s history, right?
没错.去找你的祖母吧 我会没事的
Right. Just tend to your knitting,grandma. I’ll be okay.
我只是试着…去接触你 去…
I’ve tried to… …tried to reach you, to…
交谈吗? 是的
Make contact?
沟通吗? 完全正确
Communicate? Yes, exactly
那真感人.那真直接. 就是这样
Aw, that’s touching. That’s downright moving
That’s what that is.
去你的
Up yours!
什么? 你听到我说的
What? – You heard me.
海蒂
hetty
海蒂
hetty
你拿的时间表去重新创建文明
You take the trouble to construct a civilization…
去建立一个以原则为基本的社会
…to build a society based on the principles of… principle.
海蒂
hetty
你让政♥府♥和艺术了解到.他们应该彼此同化
You make government and art and realize
they are, must be, the same.
你让事情发展到最悲哀的程度.一定会有所损失
You bring things to the saddest point,
where there is something to lose.
马上.透过音乐.透过所有的音乐
Then, all at once,through all the music…
…through the sensible sounds of building…
你可以听到最后审判日
…attempting, comes the Dies Irae.
那是什么.是不是喇叭的声音
And what is it? What does the trumpet sound?
去你的
Up yours!
谢谢你.出来了.有一点摇摇晃晃.但是还站的起来
Here we are. A little shaky, but on our feet.
没有你想像中那么坏.真的.亲爱的
It wasn’t too bad, dear, really.
穿上你的外套.我不冷. 穿上去.我们要走了
I’m not cold. – Just put it on, we’re leaving.
你们要干嘛? 我们要回家
You’re what? – We’re going home.
等一下.发生什么事.你在搞什么鬼? 我去开车
What’s been going on here?
– What have you been up to? – I’ll get the car.
不需要.我叫计程车.不.我坚持送你们
I’ll call a cab.
乔治 是的.女士
George. Yes
你到底在搞什么鬼
What the hell do you think you’re doing?
我想想看我要做什么
Now let me see. I think what I’m doing is…
我要去开车.然后送客人…回家
…I’m getting the car to take our little guests home.
你是不是应该道歉
Aren’t you going to apologize?
不是我的错.这条路应该是直的
The road should’ve been straight.
不是这个 .是因为你让她吐
Not that. For making her throw up.
我没有让她吐 当然你有
I did not make her throw up. – You certainly did.
那你认为是谁干的? 是那个帅哥吗
Who do you think did, sexy there?
他会让自己的太太吐吗? 你让我吐. 这不同
He made his own wife sick? – You make me sick. -That’s different.
拜托.我想吐
Please! I throw up.
我常常没有原因的自己生病
I get sick occasionally all by myself, without reason.
这是事实吗? 你只是敏感了点.亲爱的
Is that a fact? – You’re delicate, honey.
我总是如此.像大班一样
I’ve always done it. Like Big Ben?
看路
Watch it.
乔治让每个人都不舒服.当我们的儿子还小的时候…
George makes everybody sick. When our son was a little boy…
不要再讲了
因为乔治.他一直在吐. 我说不要再讲了
…he threw up all the time because of George.
事情越来越糟
It got so
只要乔治一进屋.他就开始抽筋.儿子之所以会吐
whenever George came into a room, he’d start right
in retching.Our son used to throw up all the time…
是因为你常常说他没有用.在他的卧室里辱骂他
…because you were always fiddling at him.
Into his bedroom, kimono flying, fiddling…
我想这就是为什么.他一个月要离家两次
I suppose that’s why he ran away twice in one month.
一个月两次.一年六次
Twice in one month! Six times in one year…
儿子之所以要离家出走.是因为玛莎常常叫他罚站
Our son ran away from home because Martha used to corner him.
我从来没有叫那狗♥娘♥养♥的罚站过
I never cornered the son of a bitch in my life!
我回家时.他会跑向我.跟我说.“妈妈又在罚我”
He’d run to me when I got home and say,
“Mama’s always coming at me.”
骗子
Liar!
他是这样讲的
她总是罚他.我认为这很尴尬
Always coming at him.Very embarrassing!
如果这很尴尬.那你为什么要提出来
If it was so embarrassing, why are you talking about it?
谢谢你
OK
不是我想要提出来
I didn’t want to talk about it at all.
我想要喝一点白兰地.我真的很喜欢白兰地
I wish I had some brandy. I love brandy, I really do.
那很好.会让我稳定
Good for you. – It steadies me.
我经常喝白兰地. 你也常喝冰琴酒

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!