我很抱歉.我先把这件事提出来
I’m sorry I brought it up.
他是人.不是东西.你或多或少都提起了他
Him up! Not it! You brought him up, more or less.
那小子什么时候出现.明天不是他的生日吗
When’s the little bugger appearing?
Isn’t tomorrow his birthday?
我不想再讲这件事
I don’t want to talk about it.
但是.玛莎… 我不想再提这件事
I don’t want to talk about it!
她不想再提这件事.或是他
She doesn’t want to talk about it, him.
玛莎很抱歉提起这件事. 或是他
Martha is sorry she brought it up. Him.
那小子什么时候回家
When’s the little bugger coming home?
玛莎.既然你有胆子提起来.那小子什么时候回来
Since you had the bad taste to bring it up
When is the bugger coming?
提到那小子.乔治就很轻视… 因为他有些问题
George talks disparagingly about the little bugger…
…because he has problems.
那小子有问题吗?到底有什么样的问题
What problems has the little bugger got?
不准你叫他小子
Not the little bugger.Stop calling him that!
是你.你才有问题. 从来没听过这么疯狂的事
You! You’ve got problems!
– Never heard anything more ridiculous.
我也是
Neither have I!
乔治最大的问题.就是关于我们的儿子
George’s biggest problem about the… about our son…
关于我们伟大的儿子.是因为他一直怀疑
…about our great big son is that deep
down in the private pit of his gut…
那孩子不是他的
…he is not completely sure that it’s his own kid.
我的天啊.你真是邪恶
My God, you’re a wicked woman!
我告诉你很多次.我没有跟别人乱搞
And I’ve told you a million times,
I wouldn’t conceive with anyone else.
非常邪恶的人
A deeply wicked person.
我不觉得我们应该听…
I’m not sure this is a subject for…
玛莎爱说谎.我要你们知道玛莎在说谎
Martha’s lying. I want you to know that Martha is lying.
有很多事情我无法确定.但是有一件事我非常确定
There are few things I am certain of,but the one thing…
…in this sinking world that I am sure of…
就是我的婚姻关系.我的染色体婚姻关系
…is my partnership, my chromosomoligical partnership…
制♥造♥了我们的金眼.蓝发的儿子
…in the creation of our blond-eyed,blue-haired son.
我很高兴
I’m so glad.
说的好.乔治 谢谢你.玛莎
A very pretty speech, George. – Thank you, Martha.
偶尔有一次你会变的比较好
You rose to the occasion good. Real good.
非常好. 亲爱的
Well. Real well!
玛莎知道的比较多
Martha knows better.
当然我和别人一样都上过大学
Yes, I’ve been to college like everybody else.
乔治.我们的儿子不是蓝发或是蓝眼睛
George, our son does not have blue hair.
Or blue eyes for that matter.
他的绿眼睛是遗传我的.很漂亮.很漂亮的绿眼睛
He has green eyes like me. Beautiful, beautiful green eyes.
玛莎.他的眼睛是蓝的 – 绿的
He has blue eyes. – Green.
蓝的 .玛莎 – 绿的 .你这混♥蛋♥
Blue, Martha. – Green, you bastard!
你这放荡的女子
Tut-tut yourself, you old floozy.
他才不是放荡的女子
He’s not a floozie.
他不可能是放荡的女子. 你才是
He can’t be a floozie.You’re a floozie.
小心你的嘴巴. – 好吧
Now you just watch yourself! – All right!
我还要再来一杯白兰地
I’d like another little nipper of brandy please.
你喝够了. – 不要乱说
I think you’ve had enough. – Nonsense!
我们都准备好了 – 不要乱说
We’re all ready, I think. – Nonsense!
好吧
OK
乔治有水汪汪的蓝眼睛.有一点乳蓝色
George has watery blue eyes, kind of milky blue.
不要三心二意
Make up your mind.
我非常怀疑你.爸爸也有绿色的眼睛
I gave you the benefit of a doubt.Daddy has green eyes too.
不.他的是小红眼.就像小白鼠
No, he has tiny red eyes, like a white mouse.
事实上他就是一支小白鼠
In fact, he is a white mouse.
他如果在场你就不敢说.你这懦夫
You wouldn’t say that if he was here. You’re a coward!
你知道吗.白色的头发加上红色的眼睛
You know that shock of white hair and these beady red eyes?
他就是一支大白鼠
A great big white mouse.
乔治很讨厌爸爸.他为他做了那么多
George hates Daddy. Not for anything Daddy’s done to him
所以他恨他的理由… 并不充份
But for his own…Inadequacies?
没错.正中红心
That’s right.You hit it right on the snout!
你知道为什么那狗♥娘♥养♥的恨我父亲
You know why the S.O.B. Hates my father?
当他在500年前来到历史系时.爸爸雇用他
When George came to the History Department
about 500 years ago…Daddy approved of him.
你知道我当时干了什么傻事.我爱上了他
And you want to know what I did,
dumb cluck that I am? I fell for him!
我喜欢
I like that!
他真的是爱上我.你应该看看当时的情况
She did, you should have seen it.
她晚上坐在我房♥间外面.又叫.又用手抓我的草皮
She’d sit outside my room at night and howl and claw at the turf.
闹得我无法工作.所以我跟她结婚
I couldn’t work so I married her.
我真的爱上了他
I actually fell for him.
它 .那一个 .在那里
It! That! There!
玛莎是个很罗曼蒂克的人. 我是
Martha’s a romantic at heart. That I am.
我真的爱上了他.而且也蛮匹配的
I actually fell for him. And the match seemed practical too.
爸爸一开始认为乔治有能力 – 等一下.玛沙
For a while Daddy thought George had the stuff…
当他退休后他可以来掌管 – 等一下. 玛沙
…to take over when he was ready to retire.
我们以为…
We are
闭嘴 – 你要干嘛
Stop it! – What do you want?!
如果我是你.我不会继续下去. 你不会吗.你不是
I wouldn’t go on if I were you.
– You wouldn’t? Well, you’re not!
你已经说出不该说的 – 什么
You’ve already sprung a leak about you-know-what.
关于那小子.我们的儿子
What? About the little bugger. Our son.
如果你再开始的话.我警告你…
If you start in on this, I warn you…
我不怕你. 你们不需要这样吧
I stand warned. – Do we have to go through this?
我跟这个狗♥娘♥养♥的结婚. 我全部都计划好
Anyway, I married the S.O.B. I had it all planned out.
他先把历史系抢到手.然后是整个大学
First he’d take over the History Department.
Then the whole college.
应该是这样. 生气了吗
That’s how it was supposed to be!
应该是这样.一切都非常简单
Getting angry? That was how it was supposed to be. All very simple.
爸爸也认为是个好主意.但是只是刚开始
Daddy thought it was a good idea too. For a while!
直到观察了几年后
Until he started watching for a couple of years.
生气了吗
Getting angry?
直到他观察了几年后.他觉得这不是个好主意
Till he watched for a couple years…
…and started thinking it wasn’t such a good idea.
或许这个乔治亚州人并不行.他并没有野心
That maybe Georgie-boy didn’t have the stuff!
That he didn’t have it in him!
闭嘴.玛莎 我才不会
Stop it, Martha! – Like hell, I will!
乔治没有什么野心.他根本一点都不积极
George didn’t have much push. He wasn’t aggressive.
事实上.他是个懦夫.一个最胆小的懦夫
In fact, he was sort of a flop! A great big, fat flop!
我说. 闭嘴.玛莎
I said stop it!
我希望那是个空瓶.因为你浪费不起好酒
I hope that was an empty bottle.
You can’t afford to waste good liquor.
最起码你的薪水不够.一个助教的薪水是不够的
Not on your salary! Not on an associate professor’s salary!
所以我就在这里.注定和这个历史系的懦夫终老一生
So here I am, stuck with this flop…
…this bog in the History Department.
他和校长的女儿结婚.期待他有一番事业
Who’s married to the president’s daughter…
结果却一事无成
…who’s expected to be somebody.Not just a nobody!
一个自满的书呆子.一个一事无成的人
A bookworm who’s so goddamn complacent
…he can’t make anything out of himself.
一点胆子也没有.没有人会为他骄傲
That doesn’t have the guts to make anybody proud of him!
乔治.够了
All right, George, stop it!
我想要吐
I’m going to be sick!
她会没事的.我去弄咖啡
She’ll be all right. I’ll make some coffee.
你确定吗? 她会没事的
You sure? – She’ll be okay.
我很抱歉
I’m really very sorry.
她真的不应该喝酒.她身体不好
She really shouldn’t drink. She’s frail.
就像你所说的很瘦
Slim-hipped, as you say.
我的小咪♥咪♥在哪里.玛莎在哪里
Where’s my little yum-yum? Where’s Martha?
我想她正在煮咖啡
I think she’s going to make some coffee.
她常常生病
She gets sick quite easily.
玛莎吗.她从来没有生病过
Martha? No, she hasn’t been sick a day in her life.
除非你连她在安养院的日子也算
Unless you count time she spends in the rest home.
不.我是在说我太太
No, no. My wife.
我太太常常生病. 你太太是玛莎
My wife gets sick quite easily. Your wife is Martha.
我知道
I know.
她从来没有在安养院里待过.对吧
She doesn’t really spend any time in a rest home?
你在说你的太太吗. 不.我是在说你的
Your wife? No, yours.
我的吗
Mine?
她没有过.但是我会
She doesn’t. I would.
如果我是她.我会.但是我不是她.所以我不会
If I were her… she… I would.
But then I’m not and so I don’t.
可是我想要
I’d like to, though.
有的时候这里很闷
It gets pretty bouncy around here sometimes.
是的.我知道
Yes, I’m sure.
你太太吐很多吗? 我没有这样说
Your wife throws up a lot?
– I didn’t say that.
我是说.她常常生病
I said she gets sick quite easily.
你说生病.我以为你是说她…事实上.她也常常吐
By sick I thought that you meant she…
It’s true, actually. She does throw up a lot.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!