而你的反对 现在被我驳回
As yours is now by me.
传克莉丝汀·赫尔姆
Call Christine Helm.
克莉丝汀·赫尔姆
Christine Helm.
-克莉丝汀·赫尔姆 -克莉丝汀·赫尔姆
-Christine Helm. -Christine Helm.
如果你现在还怀疑沃尔先生
If you still have doubts about Mr Vole
我愿意跟你赌一小盒雪茄
I wouldn’t mind betting you a box of cigars.
赫尔姆太太 你是否清楚 你现在仍需谨遵誓言
Mrs Helm you appreciate you are still under oath?
是的
Yes.
-你认不认识一个叫马克斯的人 -我不明白你的意思
-Do you know a man named Max? -I don’t know what you mean.
这是个很简单的问题 你是否认识一个叫马克斯的人
It’s a simple question. Do you or do you not know a man called Max?
马克斯 应该不认识
Max? Certainly not.
这是个很普通的名字
It’s a fairly common name
难道叫 马克斯的人你一个也不认识
and yet you’ve never known a man named Max?
在德国也许认识 不过那是很久以前的事了
In Germany perhaps but a long time ago.
我不要你回忆那么久以前的事
I shall not ask you to go back that far.
几星期前就够了…今年10月20日
Just a few weeks to…October 20 last.
-你手里是什么 -一封信
-What have you got there? -A letter.
我想 10月20日那天
I suggest that on October 20
-你写了一封信…-我不知道你在说什么
-you wrote a letter… -I don’t know what you’re talking about.
…给一个叫做马克斯的男人 -我没做过这种事
…addressed to a man named Max. -I did nothing of the sort.
这只是你写给这个 男人的一系列信件中的一封
The letter was but one of a series written to the same man.
谎言 一派谎言
Lies! All lies!
你似乎 嗯 这么说吧 你似乎与那个男人关系亲密
You seem to have been well let us say on intimate terms with this man.
你怎么敢说出这种话 这不是真的
How dare you say a thing like that? It isn’t true!
我对这些信件所表明的 关系不感兴趣
I’m not concerned with the general trend of
但有一封信不同
this correspondence only one letter.
“我心爱的马克斯 发生了一件绝妙的事
“My beloved Max an extraordinary thing has happened.”
“我相信我们的难题 就要迎刃而解了”
“I believe all our difficulties may be ended.”
我不准备站在这里 听你的谎话连篇
I will not stand here and listen to a pack of lies!
这封信是伪造的 这根本不是我的信纸
That letter’s a forgery. It isn’t even my letter paper!
-不是吗 -不是
-It isn’t? -No!
我的信都是写在蓝色 小信纸上的
I write my letters on small blue paper
信纸上有我的姓名缩写
with my initials on it.
就像这些
Like this?
这张是我的裁缝为我
This is a bill from my tailor
做百慕大短裤的账单
for a pair of extremely becoming Bermuda shorts.
老狐狸威尔弗莱德 我们就这么叫他 真是恰如其分
Wilfrid the fox! That’s what we call him and that’s what he is.
好 赫尔姆太太 感谢你
Now Mrs Helm you’ve been kind
费心为我们辨认出你的信纸
enough to identify your letter paper.
现在 如果需要的话
Now if you like
我可以 请一位专家来鉴定你的笔迹
I can have an expert identify your handwriting.
你见鬼
Damn you!
-你见鬼 -别招惹她
-Damn you! -Leave her alone!
-你见鬼 -赫尔姆太太
-Damn you! -Mrs Helm!
让我走 让我离开这儿 让我走
Let me go! Let me get out of here! Let me go!
-赫尔姆太太 -让我走
-Mrs Helm! -Let me go!
庭警 请给证人一把椅子
Usher get the witness a chair.
威尔弗莱德爵士
Sir Wilfrid will you
你现在能不能 向陪审团宣读一下你提到的那封信
now read the letter in question so that the jury may hear it?
“我心爱的马克斯 发生了一件奇妙的事
“My beloved Max an extraordinary thing has happened.”
“我们的难题就 要迎刃而解了
“All our difficulties may soon be solved.”
“伦纳德涉嫌杀害了 我跟你说过的那个老太太
“Leonard is suspected of murdering the old lady I told you about.”
“由我为他提供不在场证明
“His only hope of an alibi depends
是他现在的指望-唯一的指望
on me and me alone.”
“想想吧 我可以作证说案发 当时他并不在家
“Suppose I testify that he was not at home with me at the time of the murder
“而且回家的时候 袖子上有血迹
that he came home with blood on his sleeves
“并亲口向我承认 他杀了老太太
and that he even admitted to me that he’d killed her?”
“真是奇怪 他总说 我决不能离他而去
“Strange that he always said he would never let me leave him.”
“可是现在如果能成功的话 他就会离我而去
“But now if this succeeds he will be leaving me
“因为他们会让他 永远一去不回
because they will take him away forever
“而我就自♥由♥了 我将 成为你的人 亲爱的
and I shall be free and yours my beloved.”
“我时刻盼望着我们 相聚的那一天 克莉丝汀”
“I count the hours until we are together. Christine.”
赫尔姆太太 请你回证人席好吗
Mrs Helm? Will you go back to the witness box?
我再问你一遍 克莉丝汀·赫尔姆
I now ask you again Christine Helm
这些信是你写的吗
did you write this letter?
克莉丝汀 告诉他这不是你写的 我知道这不是你写的
Christine tell him you didn’t write it. I know you didn’t.
请回答我的问题 这些信是你写的吗
Please answer my question. Did you write this letter?
在回答问题之前 赫尔姆太太
Before answering Mrs Helm
我想先警告你
I wish to warn you
在我们国家 对于伪证罪的处罚是很严厉的
that the law regarding perjury in this country is very severe.
如果你已经在法庭上 犯下了伪证罪
If you have already committed perjury in this courtroom
我强烈建议你 不要罪上加罪
I strongly advise you not to add to your crime.
不过 如果这些信 确实不是你写的
But if this letter has not been written by you
现在你也应该予以澄清
then now is the time to state this fact.
信是我写的
I wrote the letter.
法官大人 辩方传讯到此为止
And that my lord is the case for the defence.
我一直在问自己
I keep asking
爵士 究竟是 你的脑袋更硬 还是你的动脉更硬
which is harder your head or your arteries?
你别再撞大运了 你已经透♥支♥了
Stop pressing your luck you’re overdue.
咱们的行李都收拾好了 希望陪审团别耗上一下午
We’re all packed and ready. I hope the jury won’t take all afternoon.
我任你们摆布了
I concede.
-祝贺你 你的雪茄 -还不是时候
-Congratulations here are your cigars. -Not yet.
好啦 都铁定了 干得妥贴又漂亮
Come on it’s all over wrapped up neat and tidy.
-有什么不对吗 -有点过于妥贴过于漂亮了
-What’s wrong? -It’s a little too neat too tidy
总的来看是过于顺利了 所以看起来不对劲
and altogether too symmetrical that’s what’s wrong with it.
-陪审团回来了 -你不是在担心判决吧
-The jury is back. -You’re not worried about the verdict?
让我担心的不是 他们的判断 而是我自己的
It’s not their judgment that worries me it’s mine.
走吧
Come along.
我的假发呢
Where’s my wig?
犯人请起立
The prisoner will stand up.
各位陪审员 你们是否作出了一致的裁决
Members of the jury are you all agreed upon your verdict?
是的
We are.
关于埃米莉·简·弗伦奇谋杀案
Do you find the prisoner at the bar Leonard Stephen Vole
你们裁定伦纳德·斯蒂芬·沃尔有罪还是无罪
guilty or not guilty of the murder of Emily Jane French?
无罪 法官大人
Not guilty m’lord.
肃静
Silence!
肃静
Silence!
伦纳德·斯蒂芬·沃尔 关于埃米莉·简·弗伦奇
Leonard Stephen Vole you have been found not guilty
于10月14日被杀一案 你被裁定无罪
of the murder of Emily Jane French on October 14.
你现在被当庭释放 可以离开了
You are hereby discharged and are free to leave the court.
为在女王座前伸张正义 伦敦中♥央♥刑事法庭
Persons with anything more to do before the queen’s justices
谨享有审理 判决和收监的权限
of oyer and terminer and jail delivery
所有相关人等现请退庭
for the jurisdiction of the Central Criminal Court may depart the area.
多谢 好的 我们以后再谈 谢谢您 梅休先生
Thank you. Yes we’ll talk later. Thank you Mr Mayhew.
谢谢您 布洛根·摩尔先生 卡特
Thank you Mr Brogan-Moore. Carter.
谢谢您 威尔弗莱德爵士 感谢您做的一切
Thank you Sir Wilfrid for everything.
您真是太杰出了
You were wonderful.
-不得不说 我们非常走运 -是啊 谢谢
-I’d say we were lucky all around. -Yeah.
我整理好了你的财物
I have your belongings.
请你去签收 沃尔先生 然后我们就可以释放你了
Sign the receipt Mr Vole and we can release you.
“沃尔先生” 他们逮捕 我的时候可没喊我先生
“Mr Vole.” They didn’t call me Mr when they charged me.
我跟你一起去你的帽子和外衣在我那儿
I’ll go with you I have your hat and coat.
在他们改变主意之前 我们快走吧
Let’s go before they change their mind!
乐坏了 是不是
Chipper isn’t he?
一小时前 他的一只脚还踏在绞刑架上
An hour ago he had one foot on the gallows
另一只脚踩着香蕉皮
and the other on a banana peel.
你应该为此骄傲 威尔弗莱德爵士 是不是
You ought to be very proud Wilfrid. Aren’t you?
还没到时候 我们搞定了绞刑架
Not yet. We’ve disposed of the gallows
可是香蕉皮还是落在 什么地方 被某些人踩在脚下
but there’s still that banana peel somewhere under somebody’s foot.
你说的每个字都是谎言
Every word you said was a lie!
你应该被关起来 骗子
You ought to be locked up! Liar!
你最好在这儿稍候 等我们把人群驱散以后再走 女士
You’d better wait here until we get rid of that crowd madam.
谢谢你
Thank you.
好了吗 先生 普利姆索尔小姐还等着呢
Ready sir? Miss Plimsoll will be waiting.
趁我还没回到她的管制之下 让我再来一点可可
Let me finish the last of the cocoa while I’m still beyond her jurisdiction.
你们先走好吗 布洛根·摩尔 卡特 谢谢
Would you excuse me Brogan-Moore Carter? Thank you.
我真不知道 原来你们英国人 那么情绪化
I never thought you British could get so emotional.
尤其是在公众场合
Especially in public.
-我为我的同胞向你道歉 -没什么
-I apologise for my compatriots. -It’s all right.
我不介意他们喊叫我的名字
I don’t mind being called names

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
前一篇文章黑神驹
下一篇文章龙虾
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!