I remember…
我记得
I remember being in this little hospital room
我记得我呆在医院狭小的病房♥里
a silly little room,
一个很小的房♥间
a lone window in the red brick wall…
红砖墙里嵌着一个窗户
That’s what it faced…
在窗户前面是
and all these doctors circling around my mother
然后有好多医生围着我母亲
trying to keep her alive.
试图留住她的生命
And I was helpless.
我当时很无助
I was powerless, helpless and ineffectual.
我无能为力 无助还有绝望
And I felt
我感觉
lost.
迷失了我自己
I was lost.
我迷失了
That’s how I felt.
那就是我所感觉的
Thanks, doc.
谢谢你告诉我 医生
Thanks.
谢谢
Ray and the kids… Yeah.
雷和孩子们来了 知道了
Give my love to Margo.
帮我向玛格问好
Yes.
走好
Hey, guys.
你们好
Okay.
好了
詹妮特 古德 第62号♥病人
无线城音乐厅
Your little band of Kevorkians
你的科沃基恩s小团体
is shrinking into nothing.
就快垮了
Jack! Jack! Dr. Kevorkian!
杰克 杰克 科沃基恩医生
Dr. Kevorkian! Jack, over here!
科沃基恩医生 杰克 看这边
I’m afraid for you.
我很担心你
You’re not the best spokesperson for the cause, really.
你不太会为自己辩护
We have to take this to the supreme court, Geoff,
我们需要到最高法♥院♥去 要求立法 杰夫
’cause I don’t have forever.
因为我不想再来一次了
Your little band of kevorkians is shrinking
支持你的人越来越少了
into nothing, disappearing.
就快没了
Dr. Kevorkian, a question!
科沃基恩医生 能采访你一下吗
Dr. Jack Kevorkian was
杰克 科沃基恩医生
among the who’s who on hand
作为近期热门人物
to celebrate “Time” Magazine’s 75th anniversary gala
参加了在纽约无线城音乐厅举♥行♥的
at Radio City Music Hall.
<时代>杂♥志♥75周♥年♥庆♥典
The big night was attended
那天晚上
by many of the faces who have
来了许多曾在近几十年
appeared on “Time”‘s covers over the decades.
登上过<时代>封面的人
You need more people in your corner.
你需要更多人支持你
I’m afraid for you.
我很担心你
Joe Dimaggio to Jerry Falwell
有乔 迪马乔 有杰里 费尔维尔
to Raquel Welch to Henry Kissinger.
Raquel Welch和Henry Kissinger也来了
I’m afraid for you.
我很担心你
Your little nd of kevorkians is shrinking into nothing.
支持你的人就快没了
I don’t have forever.
我不想再来一次了
We have to take this to the supreme court, Geoff.
我们需要到最高法♥院♥去 要求立法 杰夫
Jack, I’m dealing with the religious right.
杰克 我要应付宗教右♥派♥
My condolences. And the disability group…
我表示同情 还有那些伤残团体
they think you want to kill the whole lot of them.
他们认为你想杀掉他们中的很多人
So? What have we accomplished?
所以呢 我们走到哪步了
No law has been passed. I mean, this is the prelude.
法案没被通过 我们才刚开始
This is the beginning. The battle of concord,
是序幕 是美国独♥立♥战争中的列克星敦
The battle of Lexington…
和康科德战役[第一场军事冲突]
What are you thinking?
你还想要怎么样
I’m thinking of the supreme court!
我想去最高法♥院♥
I’m thinking of going all the way.
我想坚持立法保护
If they want to silence me, let them prosecute me,
他们想让我闭上嘴 那就起诉我吧
convict me, send me to jail
判我的刑吧 送我进牢房♥吧
Like Martin Luther King,
就像对待马丁路德金
Galileo or… The supreme court has already said
和伽利略还有 最高法♥院♥说过
that the states do have
一个州有权
the right to outlaw doctor-assisted suicide!
把医生协助下的自杀定为非法行为
See? You don’t listen. You don’t listen! They also said
听听 你根本没听他们说的 他们还说
that they would hear a case if the right one came along.
如果有充分的理由 他们是会开庭审理的
If it was for a particularly suffering individual,
如果是受病痛折磨异常严重的个体
they would hear it. You don’t listen.
他们会审理的 你根本没听
Okay, Tom, so have you discussed
汤姆 你有同你的妻子及家人
your wishes with your wife and family?
讨论过你的愿望吗
Do they want you to go on?
他们同意你这么做吗
Yes,
是的
they understand
他们表示
Why.
理解
It’s my decision.
这是我的决定
He’s saying, “It’s my decision. ”
他说 “因为这是我的决定”
Okay.
好吧
Now, Tom,
那么 汤姆
I will be administering direct lethal injection,
我会给你注射直接致死的药物
what’s called “Active Euthanasia.”
它被叫做”积极安乐死”??
You don’t want to wait a month or so?
你不想再等一两个月吗
No, I do not.
不 我不想
How about two weeks? Two weeks?
再等两周如何 就两周
No.

A week? Can you wait a week?
一周呢 你能多等一周吗
Yeah.
好吧
Okay. Okay, we’ll stretch it out another week.
那我们就把它定在一周后
You’re doing the deed yourself?
你决定一个人做吗
This is really crossing into uncharted territory.
我想没人敢如此尝试的
Well, so I set sail.
所以我才这么做
Rudderless, I admit,
我承认 前途未卜
but that’s the way it goes.
但是我必须这么做
This is gonna allow me to do direct lethal injection.
你签署这个表示同意由我为你注射致死药物
I’m all alone, Neal,
我得孤军奋战了 尼尔
and I’m running out of time.
时间不多了
That first day 35 years ago
35年前第一次见你的时候
you came down to the basement lab
你离开大学 来到实验室
and talked to all us med techs.
同我们交谈医学
You were the only doctor in our whole hospital
我们觉得你是我们整个医院
we didn’t think was a pompous son of a bitch.
唯一一个不浮夸的医生
Well, that was your first mistake.
那是你犯的第一个错误
I let you stick needles in me,
我让你往我身上扎针
transfuse cadaver blood.
为我输入尸体血液
Shit, you weren’t the only one that got hepatitis, Jack.
该死 你又不是唯一一个得肝炎的
Hell, we have some good times.
我们还是有过快乐的时光的
You had purpose, Jack.
你是一个很有抱负的人 杰克
You had purpose and I guess I needed some too.
你踌躇满志 我很羡慕你
And I know that this is your decision,
我知道这是你的决定
But if you decide to pull the plug on somebody yourself,
如果你想亲手送某个人上路
you’re gonna be flying solo.
我会尊重你的决定的
Yes. This is Melody Youk.
你好 我是梅勒迪 约克
I’m…I’m sorry to call so late,
我很抱歉这么晚打来
But it’s Tom.
可是汤姆他
He can’t wait any longer.
他不想再等下去了
He’s terrified.
他很恐惧
Oh, okay. Okay.
好 我知道了
I’m on my way.
我这就来
Just say your goodbyes then, Melody,
抓紧时间和他告别吧 梅勒迪
Because I don’t want anyone to be there when I do this thing.
我送他走的时候不希望有人在旁边
I’m on my way.
我马上出发
托马斯 约克 第130号♥病人
Jack. Hey, Jack.
杰克 你好 杰克
Look what I got.
看看这个
I want a national debate on this,
我想要引起一场全国民众争论
because once that happens, they have to charge me.
一旦在电视上播出 他们就会起诉我
They have no choice, right? With murder, maybe.
他们别无选择 他们可能告你谋杀
I want to put euthanasia on trial.
我想要法庭受审安乐死
Let the people decide if it’s murder or not.
让人♥民♥来决定这算不算谋杀
You want to sacrifice yourself?
你这是舍生取义吗
Because you’d go to prison for the rest of your life.
让自己的余生在监狱里度过
You know I know Barbara Walte.
我认识芭芭拉 沃尔特
She likes me,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!