what she observed and our discussions–
她所观察到的情况 以及我们的讨论
Dr. Kevorkian, that has no relevance here.
科沃基恩医生 这些与本案无关
I assumed your counsel would’ve advised you about this,
我假定你的律师已经告知了你这些事情
that once the assisted suicide charge was dropped,
就是 一旦协助自杀的指控被撤消
You could no longer put these witnesses before the jury.
你就不可以再让他们出庭作证了
Yeah, but I’m talking about what went on,
是的 但我要说明当时的情况
you know, as to my intent.
关于我的意图
Your feeling compelled to help Mr. Youk
你迫切地想要帮助约克先生
is not a legal defense,
并不能算是合法的辩护
And you’re already aware that a person’s condition
你也明白一个人的状况
has no bearing in a murder case.
与谋杀案并无关联
But that I didn’t kill her husband, you see.
但是我没杀她的丈夫 你明白吗
This is relevant. Okay. Okay.
这有关联吧 好吧 好吧
We’ll make a special record
我们会在陪审团缺席的情况下
Outside the presence of the jury.
做一项特别记录
I will rule on that.
依此判决
Okay. All right?
好的 好吗
Okay. Thank you. Thank you.
好吧 谢谢你 谢谢
Melody, did you tell me
梅勒迪 你有没有跟我说过
it was your intention
杀死汤姆
or Tom’s intention
是你的主意
that I kill him? Oh, no no no no.
还是他的主意 哦 不 不
That was not our intent.
我们并不想这样
And when I met you, I felt it was not your intent.
我一看到你 就知道你也不想这样做
It was never your intent or our intent that Tom–
我们谁也不想让汤姆…
There it is. There it is. You see?
听到没 听到了吧
Other than released from suffering.
除非能帮助他脱离苦海
So the word “Kill,” Did it ever crop up?
那么”杀”这个字 你想过吗
Or “Murder”? No. No.
或者说”谋杀” 不 没有
Ugly words.
残忍♥的词
Ugly ugly words.
非常 非常残忍♥的词
You’re talking about mercy killing.
你在讲安乐死
And her statements can’t show
而她的陈述不能表明
your state of mind. They only show hers.
你的意图 只代表了她的
Therefore, I cannot allow her to testify before the jury.
因此 我不能让她再为陪审团提供证词
But wait. I want to say something–
等一下 我有话要说
that– I have so much I want to say.
我想说的太多了
I have been waiting for four goddamn months for this opportunity!
这个机会我等了他妈的四个月了
You may call it mercy killing.
你可以叫它无疼痛致死术
I call it something else.
而我不会
I call it a medical service
我会把它称作医疗服务
for an agonized, incurably suffering patient.
解救那些痛苦的 无药可救的病人
That’s what I call it. All right?
我就这么叫它
Why don’t– what difference does it make what you call it?
为什么 你怎么称呼它很重要吗
When you have these fine stipulations of law
如果你用这些精准的法律条文
standing in the way of a dedicated physician
来阻挡一个专注的医生
and I am a dedicated physician.
恰好就是我
I mean, my integrity would be destroyed
我是说 我的尊严就瓦解了
if I turned my back on that patient,
让我远离病人
I would rather be dead.
我宁愿去死
It– it’s far worse.
那太难以忍♥受了
You could– you could take my life. It would be worse.
你可以 你可以杀了我 都没那么难受
This was a service. This was a service.
这是一项服务 是一项服务
It had nothing to do with “Kill” Or “Murder”
与”杀”和”谋杀”毫无关系
It was a service.
这只是一项服务
It was a medical service that was being done.
我只是执行了一项医疗服务
I can’t be clearer.
再明白不过了
I can’t be clearer than that, your honor.
我已经解释得很清楚了 法官大人
I see the emotion,
我看到了这份感情
I understand it, but it’s not relevant.
我理解 但这与案件不相关
Please step down, mrs. Youk.
请下去吧 约克夫人
Jessica Cooper has already ruled that Dr. Kevorkian’s side
杰西卡 库珀已经宣判 科沃基恩医生
can’t put into evidence
无法提出有效证据
that there was suffering here by the victim.
证实受害者曾经饱受折磨
Does that make any sense? I think it’s an improper ruling
对此你怎么看 我认为这是误判
both in terms of the nature of this trial
不管是从审判的性质上来讲
and criminal defenses in general.
还是从广义的刑事辩护上来讲
You’re entitled to put forward any plausible defense
你有权提出任何可信的辩护
to explain the context of your act,
为你的行为辩解
and she’s already limited him from doing that.
然而她剥夺了他的这项权利
It’s like watching a man hang himself.
就像眼看着一个人悬梁自尽
I’ve been watching the television.
我一直在看电视
Once you knew they were dropping the assisted suicide charge,
当你知道他们撤下了协助自杀的指控
What was your plan? He doesn’t let me help him.
你有什么计划 他不要我帮忙
Hey, what am I supposed to do?
嘿 我该怎么办
You’re supposed to get creative,
你该自己想办法
that’s what you’re supposed to do.
这就是你要做的
Why didn’t you argue that Youk’s wife
你为什么不以约克的妻子
and brother were eyewitnesses to the event
和弟弟都目睹了这场
That the prosecutor’s calling a murder?
公诉人所说的谋杀来反驳
Then Judge Cooper would’ve had to have let them testify.
那样库珀法官就必须得让他们出庭作证了
But that window’s closed now.
但那条路已经走不通了
Did you ever pass the fucking bar exam?
你♥他♥妈♥到底有没有通过律师考试
Dave.
大卫
There are those who would say about Dr. Jack kevorkian,
有些人谈到杰克 科沃基恩时会说
“Right message, wrong messenger.”
“正确的信息 错误的信使”
And who is the right messenger?
那么谁是正确的信使
Now I’m confused about this, Dr. Kevorkian.
现在我很困惑 科沃基恩医生
You said you had another witness.
你说你还有一个证人
I’m not allowing his testimony
我不会让他陈述证词
on the same grounds I didn’t allow Mrs. Youk’s.
理由和我不允许约克夫人作证一样
I’m sorry you flew all this way, Mr. Youk.
很抱歉让你大老远赶来 约克先生
Would you like to take the stand
你想亲自来证人席上
in your own defense, Dr. Kevorkian?
为自己辩护吗 科沃基恩医生
I’m sorry.
很抱歉
Sir, would you like to take the stand
先生 你想来证人席上
in your own defense? Oh, I heard you.
为自己辩护吗 哦 我听见了
I did.
听见了
You know, I don’t lie
你知道 我不说谎
And I– I– I don’t exaggerate.
我 我也不夸张
You know, you never said why.
你从没说过原因
You accuse me of these heinous things,
你指控我犯下十恶不赦的罪行
but you never said why. Did you?
但你从没说过原因 不是吗
No, just saying. I’m just saying.
没错 只是说说 我只是说说罢了
You know, just so you know.
我要让你知道
Sir, let’s keep to the relevance here.
先生 请不要讲与案件无关的话
Oh, this is– oh, it’s not relevant?
哦 这… 哦 这与案件无关吗
I guess it’s not.
我想是的
It’s not relevant.
是有点跑题
I will ask you again.
我再问你一次
Would you like to take the stand in your own defense, sir?
你想来证人席上为自己辩护吗 先生
It’s now or never.
给你最后一次机会
Never.
我放弃
No. No.
不 不
The defense… rests.
被告… 陈述完毕
Not since Ruby killed Oswald
直到卢比杀死奥斯王尔德[奥斯王尔德是刺杀肯尼迪总统的凶手]
did we see a murder on television.
我们才第一次通过电视目睹一场谋杀
Jack kevorkian came like a hit man in the night
杰克 科沃基恩就像夜间出动的职业杀手
with a bag of poison to do his job.
带着一包毒药去完成他的工作
What would happen if he got his way
如果他得偿所愿怎么办
and made the state policy euthanasia?
使安乐死合法化
What could go wrong?
会出什么乱子吗
Well, there are 11 million souls buried in Europe…
那么 让那一千一百万葬身欧洲的生命
that can tell you that when you make
来告诉你 一旦将安乐死
Euthanasia a state policy
变成国家政策
some catastrophic things can evolve
一些灾难将随着潘多拉魔盒
from opening up that box. How dare you?!
的开启而降临 你怎么敢
How dare you… Dr. Kevorkian!
你怎么敢… 科沃基恩医生
Compare euthanasia with the genocide?!
拿安乐死和种族屠♥杀♥比较
How dare you! You have crossed the line!
你怎么敢 你越界了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!