You have ether, been around for centuries–
乙♥醚♥麻醉已经有几百年的历史
it wasn’t used,
但一直到1846年
not till 1846.
才被使用
It was discovered in 1543, and before that
它是1543年被发现 再那之前
everybody was being operated on while they were awake!
所有人都是醒着做手术的
Surgeons were cutting them open while they were awake.
医生都是在他们醒着的时候动刀的
Did you know that, Geoff?
你知道吗 杰夫
No.
不知道
Oh, yes. And you know why it was banned?
是啊 你知道它为什么被禁用吗
Because of religious dogma.
因为宗教教条
Because of the foolish notion
因为人们愚蠢的认为
that there’s a god almighty who wills us to suffer.
有一个万能的上帝让我们承受痛苦
Do you turn patients down?
你会拒绝病人吗
I turn– 97% to 98%
我拒绝联♥系♥过我的
of the patients who contact me, I turn them down.
97%到98%的病人
Should there be second opinions?
有人有其他意见吗
Always a second opinion. A third opinion.
总是会有其他意见的
But there wasn’t in your case. No, there wasn’t,
但是你的情况没有 没有
because no one cooperates with me.
因为没有人和我合作
What do you say to people who say,
你会如何回答当别人问你
“Dr. Kevorkian, you are playing god”?
“科沃基恩医生 你在扮演上帝吗”
I say to them,
我会说
“So what? ”
“那又怎么样”
When a doctor gives you a pill, he’s playing god
当一个医生给你吃药时 他就在扮演上帝
because he’s interfering with your natural process.
因为他在干扰你身体的自然过程
All doctors believe they’re god.
所有医生都觉得自己是上帝
They shouldn’t, but they do.
不应该 但是他们就是这么觉得
But I prefer that than the doctors
但是我情愿接受这样的医生而不是
who are more interested in their stock portfolios
那些把积累履历
than they are in their patients.
看得比病人还重要的医生
Did you see the way she looked at you?
你看到她怎么看你了吗
She probably thought I was unattainable.
她可能觉得我高不可攀吧
She was very smitten.
她被迷倒了
I knew I should’ve called her Barbara.
我就知道我应该叫她芭芭拉的
Coffee? Yeah.
要咖啡吗 好
Decaf? No no, decaf’s for cowards.
低咖♥啡♥因♥ 不 那是给胆小鬼的
The autopsy proved that mrs. Wantz had
验尸结果表明
no anatomical evidence of disease in her entire body.
没有解剖学证据证明旺茨女士有任何疾病
It was all in her head and he knows it.
他也知道都是她自己想的
And mrs. Miller, although she had a terrible disease,
米勒女士虽然患有严重疾病
could have lived for many years
但是如果积极参与治疗
if she had been more willing to participate in her own care.
还可以活很多年
Ah. So you’re a doctor too now, Dick?
你现在又成了医生了 迪克
Your honor, there isn’t one iota,
法官大人
one scintilla, one speck of evidence
没有一星半点的证据证明
that he murdered Marjorie Wantz or Sherry Miller.
他谋杀了马乔莉 旺茨或是雪莉 米勒
This is all part of your puritanical persecution
你对科沃基恩医生的起诉
of Dr. Kevorkian.
过分苛刻了
Enough. I’ve reviewed the indictment.
好了 我已经看了起诉文件
I’m dismissing the charges.
我现在驳回起诉
The act of assisting a suicide is not a criminal act
协助自杀在现有法律中
according to our current laws.
不算犯罪
But without a medical license, he cannot dispense medication,
但是没有行医执照他不能开药
So don’t do anything stupid.
所以不要干傻事
He won’t, your honor.
他不会的 法官大人
I’m gonna kick your ass till my legs fall off.
我非要治改了你为止
It was a clear victory for the most important
它是这个时代
civil rights issue of our time.
最重要的人♥权♥领域一次完胜
So you’re obviously not happy with the judge’s decision.
所以你才对判决如此不满
Where do you go from here?
您下一步什么打算
Governor Engler needs to push a ban through
恩格勒州长需要通过州议会
the state legislature– something, anything–
推进一项禁令 是个大动作
Unless you want Michigan to become
除非你要把密歇根
the suicide capital of the world.
弄成全球自杀之都
Michigan residents, by a 5:1 margin
倘若密歇根市民进入陪审团的话
Said that they’d acquit him of murder if they were on a jury
他们将以五比一的优势判他无罪
and over 70% believe that doctors should be able allowed
而且七成认为医生应该有权利
to help a terminally-ill patient commit suicide.
帮助临终患者安乐死
I’m a deeply religious man, Mr. Lessenberry,
莱森伯里先生 我是个虔诚的基♥督♥徒
and what Kevorkian proposes goes against every fiber of my being.
科沃基恩的行径与我格格不入
If this were accepted… Room service.
假如这都可以接受… 送餐了
…How on god’s green earth would we prevent abuse?
…那这世上我们又如何维护生命的权利
Nobody here ordered any room service!
没人叫了送餐吗
Who is this? Hello? Open the door.
谁啊 开门
Who is this? It’s the police, jack. We know you’re in there.
谁啊 警♥察♥ 杰克 我们知道你在
What is this? Get out of the way. Get out of the way.
谁啊 让开 让开
Don’t you push me, sir. Where is it, Jack?
先生你干嘛推我 在哪儿 杰克
Nothing is going on here. We’re just talking.
这里没事 我们只是聊天
Where are you folks from? California.
你们从哪儿来的 加州
Nothing illegal is going on.
我们又没违法
Why are you harassing us? We’re not criminals!
干嘛折腾我们 我们又不是罪犯
You don’t have to say a word. What’s in the case?
你别说话 什么情况啊
I know that too many sick people lack access
我知道有太多患者得不到护理
to care and support, too many families are
太多家庭不堪高昂的医疗费
saddled with medical expenses, but if this were legalized,
不过一旦这变合法了
it could lead to cost-containment strategies.
就可能导致政♥府♥削减医疗预算
We’re here to prevent a suicide.
我们是来阻止自杀的
We came to save your life.
是来救你的命
Check this out. – Who the hell asked you to?
查查这边 -谁让你来了
Who the hell ask you? I’m sorry, Isabel.
有没人请你 抱歉 伊莎贝尔
Where is the suicide poisons? Where do you keep them?
安乐死的药在哪儿 你放哪儿了
Don’t they have to have a search warrant? A search warrant?
难道非得让他们拿搜查令吗 搜查令
This is not the world I raised my three boys in.
现在和我那三个孩子小时候真不一样了
It’s not a world I’d recognize.
我都不认识这个世界了
“Not a world I would recognize”?
“不认识这个世界了?”
What is this dick Thompson bullshit?
这混♥蛋♥汤普森乱写什么啊
I believe it’s called journalism.
新闻报道一向如此
Both sides deserve a voice, Geoff.
总不该众口一词 杰夫
Well, fuck that and fuck you!
去你♥妈♥的♥吧
You think you’re hot shit
你当自己多了不起啊
because “The new york times” is printing you?
《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》为你一人办的啊
Look. There’s only one side to this story– ours.
听好了 这事只能一个宣传口径 我们的
Don’t let me cut off your access to Jack.
可别让我封♥杀♥了你采访杰克
I feel for our patients.
我怜悯那些病人
They deserve better. Yeah.
他们有权舒服点 是啊
Someone like Isabel, she deserves respect.
就像伊莎贝尔吧 她也有自己的尊严
What are we doing sneaking around
我们干嘛就得偷偷摸摸的
Like we’re thieves? What is that?
像贼一样 为什么啊
We’re the good guys. Yeah.
我们是好人 没错
They bust down the motel door
他们拿着枪
with crowbars and guns
强行撬开旅馆大门
Like we’re– we’re some Chicago bootleggers.
就当我们是芝加哥的酒贩子似的
We have to hide ’em in places like this.
我们得把他们藏到这样的地方
We have to handle these things
我们得在夜深人静时
in the backs of vans in the middle of the night,
在车厢后面做我们的事
Drop bodies off in emergency room parking lots.
然后把尸体放在急救中心的停车场
We’re not criminals.
我们可不是罪犯
We’re not criminals.
我们绝不是罪犯
The criminals are those who are trying to stop us.
真正的罪犯是那些阻止我们的人
Those are the ones that should be ashamed.
那些人才是可耻的
0-1-5-0-6, Saginaw motel.
0-1-5-0-6 萨吉诺汽车旅馆
0-1-5-0-6, Saginaw motel.
0-1-5-0-6 萨吉诺汽车旅馆
Reported assisted suicide. Dr. Jack Kevorkian.
发现安乐死案情 杰克 科沃基恩医生做的
Huh. This may count as loitering.
我们这大概算得上”游荡罪”
We shouldn’t be out here too long without an attorney.
没有律师我们不该在这待太久
Let’s go. Yup.
走吧 好
0-6-1-1-9, 0-6-1-1-9,
0-6-1-1-9 0-6-1-1-9
Suspect not on premises.
嫌犯不在附近
Female, late 50s. 785, no resident here.
女性 近60岁 785 无人居住
R-34, roger.
收到 R-34

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!