Loss loss loss loss loss.
失去 失去 失去 失去
So let’s talk about that if you could.
我们看看你能否记起
What happened today, for instance?
比如说 今天发生了什么
What happened today? You tell me.
今天发生了什么 你告诉我
I don’t even know what happened today.
我甚至记不起今天的事
She went out into the yard and then
她走到院子里 然后
What I could see was
我能看到
She stood there in the yard
她站在院子里
And I could see from behind her
我从背后就能看出
That she didn’t know where she was.
她不知道自己身处何地
She didn’t know to turn around,
她不知道转过身
That was the backdoor of the house.
就是自家房♥子的后门
She didn’t know that that was the gate to go out to the street.
她不知道出了那扇门就能走到街上
She just– she didn’t know what to do.
她只是 她不知道该干什么
I don’t remember.
我不记得了
When I talked to your doctor
当我试着和你的医生谈谈时
First of all, he would hardly speak with me.
一开始 他并不想和我交谈
But when he did
但是当他愿意时
What your doctor was trying to communicate to me
你的医生竭尽全力想告诉我
Was that you’re not imminently terminal.
你的病不会马上到达末期
Do you understand?
你懂我的意思吗
Yes, I–I– I understand.
是的 我 我 我懂的
And I understand Should I make some tea for us?
而且我明白 要喝些茶吗
Jack? That’s frightening.
杰克 太可怕了
If I don’t make this decision right now
如果我现在不做决定
Jack, do you want some tea?
杰克 要喝茶吗
I’ll never be able to.
我将永远没办法做了
Margo, I don’t know what we’re doing.
玛格 我不知道我们在做些什么
Look at her.
看看她
Look at her.
看看她
She looks well to me.
她看起来挺健康
She looks quite capable, no?
也具备一定自理能力 不是吗
She’s not the right one.
她不符合条件
But she has the right.
但她具有权利
As a patient, it’s her choice.
作为一名病人 这是她的选择
I refuse to die a slow death.
我拒绝慢慢死去
Come on, Jack.
别这样 杰克
You know how things are gonna be perceived.
你应该知道大众会如何看待这些事
I don’t care. The media’s gonna all over it.
我不在乎 媒体会争相报道
I know. You’re gonna have to tell her yes.
我知道 你将要告诉她可以
I know. You have to be strategic.
我知道 你要考虑周全
Margo, what do we care about the media?
玛格 我们干嘛在乎媒体
Who cares?
谁又在乎呢
Look. Sometimes in life
听着 有时候在生活中
there are strategies that you have to take,
你需要懂得深谋远虑
Because we have to be very careful about our purpose.
因为我们必须仔细处理我们的目标
Our purpose is important. Well, what about her?!
目标很重要 那么她怎么办
Who cares what people think?
谁管别人是怎么想的
It’s what my patient feels.
重要的是我病人的感受
She doesn’t know each day what she’s gonna find
她不知道当她每天照镜子时
When she looks in the mirror.
她会看到些什么
She doesn’t know if she’s gonna see herself there anymore.
她不知道能否再次认出镜中的自己
This is her terror.
这就是她的恐惧
This is what she goes through, day in and day out.
这就是她要经受的痛苦 日复一日
The terror of being…
恐惧于
Lost.
失去
Jack. She’s running out of time.
杰克 她时间已经不多了
I understand that.
我知道
Look at me.
看着我
If it was me, if I was her,
假如那是我 假如我是她
If I was in the same situation, would you do it?
假如我与她处境相同 你会怎么做
You, Margo?
你吗 玛格
Yes, me, Margo.
是的 我 玛格
Would you do it for me?
你也会这么做吗
Of course I’d do it. Yes
当然 我会 是的
You would do it? You know that? Sure.
你会吗 你确定吗 当然
If I saw the same look of determination in your eyes
假如我在你眼中看到了
As I saw in hers, of course I’d do it.
和她一样的决心 当然我会做的
No question about it.
毫无疑问
My own sister. In truth, I’d do it.
为了我的姐妹 真的 我会这么做
You’d do it? Mmhmm.
你会 是的
That’s your answer.
这就是你的回答
Yeah, I know.
是的 我了解
I just wanted to work this through, you know?
我只是想解决这个问题 你明白吗
Just go through the variables.
只是想排除所有的变量因素
“Who am I? ”
我是谁
And you’re aware of your decision?
你能意识到自己在做的是什么决定吗
Yes. Let ’em come after me.
是的 让他们冲着我来吧
Let ’em come after a real physician.
让他们冲向一个真正的医生
The end of my life.
我生命的终结
I think I’m gonna make us some tea right now.
我想我应该马上沏壶茶
Make it strong, will you?
浓一点 可以吧
Yeah. The word for “The end of life.”
好 意味着生命终结的是
Death. By the way…
死亡 问一下
This is what you wish?
这真的是你所希望的吗
Yes. Yes, I do.
是的 是 我希望这么做
Where are we gonna do this?
我们要在哪进行呢
Some people think we brew up poisonous potions
一些人认为我们是在煮一锅毒汤
Like witches from gallows hill.
就像是来自绞刑山的巫婆所做的
Others think it’s “Take two hemlock pills
另一些人则认为 吞两片毒药
And meet your maker in the morning.”
早上就能去见造物主了
Well, surprise surprise
奇特 奇特
There’s no such thing as a hemlock pill.
但事实上并没有这种毒药
We offer assistance
我们提供协助
And advanced directives,
以及先进的指导
D.N.Rs — “Do not resuscitate”
安乐死 不采取心肺复苏术
Wills, hospice care,
遗嘱 医疗救助
But we do not dispense drugs,
但我们并不提供药物
We do not pull plugs.
也不会实施安乐死
We started this chapter because we believe
我们开办这个分会是因为我们相信
that to each person, their own way of death
每一个人都应该死得
With dignity.
有尊严
Oh, Miss Good,
古德女士
I can carry that for you.
我可以帮你搬
That would’ve been nice, dr. Kevorkian,
那太好了 科沃基恩医生
But it’s a little late now, don’t you think?
但是现在也有些晚了 你不觉得吗
And it’s “Missus. ”
而且该称我为太太
Missus? Yup.
太太 是的
Oh. Good.
好的
So– so you know who I am?
所以 所以你知道我是谁
What do I look like, June Cleaver?
我看起来像谁 琼 克利文吗
What can I do for you?
你想要什么
Well, uh…

I, umm
我 呃
I have my first patient,
我有了第一个病人
But what I don’t have… Is a place.
但是我没有 一个进行的地方
Yes. And you’d like to use my home?
是的 所以你想用我家吗
well, no. I thought you would know a place,
不是 我以为你能知道一个地方
But if I could use your home, that would be just fine.
但假如能使用你家的话 就再好不过了
Sure. Well, if you’re gonna come to my home,
当然 如果你想来我家
You’re gonna have to dress more cheerfully.
你就该穿得喜庆点
If you’ve never actually tested that before,
如果你从未测试过
How do you know it’s gonna work?
你怎么知道它行得通呢
Because I made it.
因为是我做的
I wish you had a stronger argument than that.
我希望你能有个更有力的说法
Hey, whatever I can do to lend a hand tomorrow, let me know.
明天有什么需要我做的 只管开口
Oh, on this one, Neal,
关于这一点 尼尔
This first one,
第一次
I want it to be me and Margo.
我希望是我和玛格
Just us.
只有我俩

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!