我们不想失去你的歌♥迷
We don’t want to
lose your fan base.
是的,知道吗,说到重点了
Yeah, you know,
you got a point there,
但我想实际上,我们得到的比失去的更多
but I actually think that we have
more to gain than we do to lose.
雷,这是个糟糕的想法
Ray, it’s a bad idea.
我来到ABC,你就在合同里写了
When I came to ABC, you guys
put in the contract
我可以选择我自己的音乐
that I can choose
my own music.
要再看看那一条吗?
You want to read
that paragraph?
在第三页
It’s on page three.
不必看了
I don’t need to see it.
晚安,圣路易
Good evening, Saint Louis.
最引人注目的项目开始了
It’s time
for the main attraction.
灵魂乐的创始人,音乐天才
The innovator of soul.
The genius himself.
雷·查尔斯!
Ray Charles!
来吧,来吧,雷!
Go on, go on, Ray!
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
知道吗,我想你们很多人都不知道
You know what, I know that a
lot of y’all don’t know that
我…我是在南方长大的
I… I was brought up
in the South.
知道吗,在南方每次打开收音机
You know, every time you turn
on the radio there in the South,
你就会听到乡村老大剧院电台
you hear the Grand Ole Opry.
那是我最早唱的歌♥,所以我希望你们不要介意
That’s what I grew up singing,
so I hope you don’t mind,
我…我想唱点东西
带你们去感受一下我的乡村根源
I… I want to sing something to
give you a taste of my country roots.
《解开我心扉》!
Unchain My Heart!
《心系乔治亚州》,雷!
Georgia on My Mind, Ray!
∮ 我无法停息对你的爱 ∮
? I can’t stop loving you ?
关掉顶层和中层包厢的灯
Turn ’em, the lights up top
and on the mezzanine,
关掉所有灯,然后让一部聚光灯跟踪雷
let’s take everything down
and hit Ray with a follow spot.
按照我打的拍子来
We’re doing it,
on it on my count.
∮ 留在寂寞时光 ∮
? To live in memory ?
5、4…
IN 5, 4…
∮ 的记忆深处 ∮
? of the lonesome times ?
∮ 是的 ∮
? Yeah ?
∮ 我无法停息想念你 ∮
? I can’t stop wanting you ?
∮ 言语变得无用 ∮
? It’s useless to say ?
∮ 于是我只能漫漫度过 ∮
? So I’ll just live my life ?
∮ 漫漫度过 ∮
? I’ll live my life ?
∮ 回忆昨天 ∮
? in dreams of yesterday ?
∮ 那些幸福时光 ∮
? Those happy hours ?
∮ 那些幸福时光 ∮
? Those happy hours ?
∮ 我们曾共同经历 ∮∮
? that we once knew ??
车来了
Cab’s here.

Okay.
爸爸,你看不见,那怎么能
挑出同样颜色的袜子呢?
Dad, if you can’t see, how can
you choose the right color socks?
我…我来告诉你,好吗?
I’m… I’m gonna show you,
all right?
我来告诉你吧
Let me show you something.
看见了吗?就在这儿?
See? Right here?
是个2,就在这儿
我用粗线缝的,所以可以摸出来
The two, right there, I got it
sewn in thick, so I can feel it.
所以,这样2就代表棕色
So, it means two is brown.
1代表黑色,3就是蓝色
One is black. Three is blue.
那…那…4呢?
And… and… and where’s four?
没有了
Nowhere.
4还没有,还没有4,你是对的
Four ain’t nowhere. There
ain’t no four. You’re right.
∮ 抚慰这破碎的心灵吧 ∮
? Heals a broken heart ?
∮ 而时光却停滞不前 ∮
? But time has stood still ?
∮ 时光停滞不前 ∮
? Time has stood still ?
∮ 犹如从前 ∮
? Since we’ve been apart ?
∮ 犹如从前 ∮∮
? Since we’ve been apart ??
继续在台上工作
Still working on the balcony.
好吧,各位,我们还需要10分钟时间上车!
Okay, guys, we got
10 minutes to load out!
在宾馆换车
Change back at the hotel.
他们全都买♥♥了乡村爵士乐的入场券
They bought that country
jive hook, line and sinker.
雷,老兄,你真太不可思议了
Ray, man,
you’re amazing.
我告诉你吧,乡村乐,知道为什么他们喜欢吗?
I’m gonna tell you something. Country
music. You know why they like it?
是经历,老兄,他们都有精彩的经历
The stories, man.
They got great stories.
嘿,乔
Hey, Joe.
雷,我想给你介绍乔·亚当斯
亨利·齐格勒雇了乔
Ray, I want to introduce you to
Joe Adams. Hal Ziegler hired Joe
所谓剩下的巡回演出的报幕员
as the announcer
for the rest of the tour.
我认识你,在《旋律至尊》节目里
I know you,
Mayor of Melody.
50年代时,在洛杉矶我听过你的电台
I used to listen to your
radio show in L.A. In the ’50s.
那时我们便有了共同的志趣
We’ve both come
a ways since then.
什么让你觉得要回去干呢?
What was that counting
you were doing back there?
我现在负责关照明灯,那会让观众安静
I was cueing down the lights.
That shuts up the audience
于是你便能唱你的歌♥曲
而不用担心被叫声打扰
so you can sing your ballad
instead of having to scream it.
嘿,呃,我真该死,谁让你这样干的?
Hey, well, I’ll be damned.
Who told you to do that?
没有人,只是有必要如此而已
No one.
It just needed to be done.
瞧瞧,正如我所说的
See, that’s what
I’m talking about.
我喜欢听人说“有必要”
I like to hear a person say
“It needed to be done”
而不是说“这不是我的工作”
as opposed to a person
saying, “It ain’t my job.”
You know,
tell me about Central Avenue.
知道吗,给我讲讲中♥央♥大道吧
??
我知道你认识杰克·罗德戴尔
I know you know
Jack Lauderdale.
你好,纽约!
Hello, New York!
你好,波士顿!
Hello, Boston!
你好,圣路易斯!
Hello, Saint Louis!
晚上好,圣弗朗西斯科!
Good evening, San Francisco!
(雷·查尔斯《再见了我的爱》)
∮ 再见了我的爱 ∮
Bye bye love
(雷的专辑如同墨丘利神在夏日一炮走红…)
∮ 再见了我的幸福 ∮
Bye bye happiness
雷,有个好消息告诉你
Ray, I got
some good news for you.
我们上了《钱柜》的封面
We got the cover of Cash Box.
“国家最热的专辑:现代乡村西部乐”
“The nation’s hottest album:
Modern Sounds of Country & Western.”
你现在很火啊
You are hotter
than hell.
这么写的吗
That’s what they say.
我看过了,你的专辑攀升到了排行榜首
I’ve been watchin’, your albums
are going through the roof,
你音乐会的票总是一抢而空
your concerts are
always selling out.
你应该好好考虑如何避税
You’ll need shelters
for your money.
你现在又到了一个新的税级
You’re in a
new tax bracket.
开一下你的抽屉,“肥头”!我买♥♥了乐器!
Keep your drawers on, Fathead!
I got the instruments!
杰夫,乔上了电影《新胭脂虎》
Jeff, Joe was in
the film Carmen Jones.
又是谁导演的啊?
Who was
the director again?
奥托·普雷明格
Otto Preminger.
他总是在百老汇和蕾娜·荷恩在一起
He was also on Broadway
with Lena Horne.
她是明星啊,我很欣赏她
She was the star.
I was supporting.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!