这个白♥痴♥乔·亚当斯说我迟到了要罚我款
this fool Joe Adams is trying
to fine me for being late.
你什么时候来的?
What time did you get here?
什么?刚刚啊,乐队还没准备好
What? Just now.
The band’s still setting up.
– 杰夫,别…
– 听着,我不是杰夫
Jeff don’t…
Look, I’m not Jeff.
实际上是杰克!
That’s a fact, Jack!
雷,你说过乐队交给我来管
Ray, you said
the band was my thing.
不错
It is.
那“肥头”,你回去排演
Then, Fathead,
you go on back to rehearsal.

Ray.
雷,你知道怎么回事,你在场啊
Ray, you know how it is,
you’ve been there.
“肥头”,快去,我来处理
Fathead, go on now.
Let me handle this.
“肥头”,快去吧
Fathead, go on now.
你得告诉我到底怎么了,雷?
You want to tell me what
the hell is going on, Ray?
我没有越权
I’m not doing anything
I haven’t been asked to.
雷有他的事儿
Ray’s running a business.
不应该浪费时间听迟到的人争辩
He shouldn’t have to waste time
hearing why people were late.
我没和你讲话,乔
I’m not talking
to you, Joe.
我在和雷讲
I’m talking to Ray.
雷,我知道你觉得我对乐队不够严厉
Ray, now I know you think
I’m soft on the band,
但那些乐手随我使唤
but those cats would do
whatever I ask.
但如果你要说什么,呃
“干一番事业”的废话
But If you come in here with this,
uh, “running a business” crap,
你会失去人心,我给你讲,雷
you’re gonna lose some good
people. I’m telling you, Ray.
想和雷·查尔斯同台演出的乐手排成了长队
There are musicians waiting in
line to play with Ray Charles.
不会很久的,一旦他们领教了你的态度
Not for long,
once they get a taste of you.
雷,你是领导,老兄,说句话啊!拜托,说啊
Ray, you’re the leader, man.
Be one! Come on, now.
知道吗杰夫,我是说情况在变化
You now what Jeff, I mean
things have changed.
现在不像以前,只有黑人戏院巡回演出那七个人
It ain’t like the days when it was
seven of us on the Chitlin’ Circuit.
我是说,如果你不忙于建造一条
长长的 球
I mean, if you weren’t busy building
a bowling alley, you’d seen that.
你知道吗?
So you know about that, huh?
一切我都知道
I know about everything.
我只是想查清楚你的所作所为
I’m just trying to figure out
how you did it.
你觉得我侵吞了你的财产,雷?
You think
I’m stealing from you, Ray?
如果肖氏公♥司♥给你减薪10%,我也会的
If the Shaw Agency is gonna give you
a cut of the 10 percent I’m given them.
最好我把这些该死的钱都放在自己的口袋里
I might as well keep the
goddamn money in my pocket.
别呆在这儿,我们要谈谈
Leave us alone.
We need to talk.

Ray.
你出去吧,乔
You can step outside, Joe.
我去办公室了
I’ll be in my office.
雷,我知道那个擅长猜忌的杂种
在你脑袋里制♥造♥了假象
Ray, now I know that jealous bastard
planted that lie in your head.
但我绝不会侵吞公♥司♥的财产,雷,我绝不会
But I have never stolen from
you, Ray, and I never will.
我只有很少的商业贷款,而且,不错
米尔特·肖还会给我些额外的
I got a small business loan, and, yeah,
Milt Shaw was giving me a little extra,
但我不是要侵吞你的财产啊,雷
but I’m not a thief, Ray.
那这是什么,杰夫,嗯?
Then what about that,
Jeff, huh?
一名赞助者发誓你和他进行了单边交易
这样你就可以分割我的超额利润!
A promoter swearing you did side deals
with him so you could split my overages!
你怎么能这样对我呢?
How could you do that to me?
我们共同经历了这么多,就像兄弟一样
We’ve been through so much,
we be so like brothers.
知道吗,雷?
You know what, Ray?
如果我们像兄弟
If we were like brothers,
为什么你给乔的薪水会比我多呢?
why are you paying Joe
more than you’re paying me?
真♥他♥妈♥该死!你真是让我伤透了心,老兄
Damn all that!
You broke my heart, man.
好,知道吗,雷?我的心很久以前就被你伤透了!
Well, you know what, Ray? You
broke mine a long goddamn time ago!
好,那就这样
Well, then there it is.
知道吗,雷?
You know something, Ray?
总有一天你会明白的
You’re going to get yours
one day.
我会祈祷上帝给你仁慈的,狗♥娘♥养♥的!
And I pray to God that he has mercy
on your soul, you son of a bitch!
都谈妥了,雷?
Everything all right, Ray?
你究竟怎么想?
How the hell
do you think it is?
去告诉他,去告诉他啊!快去,告诉他去
Go tell him. Go tell him!
Go, go tell him.
嗨,爸爸,嗨,看这个
Hey, Dad. Hi, there.
我进入了全明星队!礼拜二就要比赛了
I made the all-star team!
The game’s on Thursday.
噢,太棒了
Oh, that’s great.
噢,该死!我不能去看了,我要去巡回演出
Oh, damn! I’m not gonna be
in town. I’m gotta go on tour.
我为你们购买♥♥新球衣好吗,嗯?
How about I buy you guys
new uniforms, huh?
给教练说我不在乎出多少钱
Tell the coach I don’t
care how much they cost.
好吧
Okay.
好了,孩子,你把你♥爸♥爸的公文包拿进去吧
All right, son, you want to
take your dad’s briefcase inside.
去蒙特利尔的飞机11:00起飞,我8:30来接你
The plane to Montreal leaves at
11:00. I’ll pick you up at 8:30.

All right.
听到雷·朱尼奥给你说的了吗?
Did you hear what
Ray Junior said to you?
听到了
Yeah.
你知道进入全明星队对他来说多重要吗?
Do you know how much making
the all-star team means to him?
知道,我有心事儿,我们要解雇杰夫
I know. I got things on my
mind. We had to fire Jeff.
什么?
What?
他侵吞了公♥司♥的财产
He was stealing.
– 杰夫?
– 嗯
Jeff?
Hmm.
我不相信
I don’t believe it.
是的,呃,没有他我们会更好
Yeah, well,
we’re better without him.
∮ 母亲对我说 ∮
My mother told me
∮ 在离开人世时 ∮
? ‘Fore she passed away ?
∮ 她说孩子,我要走了 ∮
? Said son when I’m gone ?
∮ 别忘了祈祷 ∮
? Don’t forget to pray ?
∮ 因为前路漫漫 ∮
? ‘Cause there’ll be
hard times ?
∮ 前路漫漫 ∮
? Hard times ?
∮ 噢,耶,耶 ∮
? Oh, yeah, yeah ?
(1965年 蒙特利尔)
∮ 谁人比我更能了解 ∮∮
? Who knows better than I ??
(波士顿)
抱歉!让他们离开!
Excuse me!
Get ’em out!
美国海关!
U.S. Customs!
我们需要看看证明材料,谢谢
We’re goanna need to see
some identification, please.
你们是从蒙特利尔来的?
You just arrived
from Montreal?
是的,有问题吗?
Yes. Is there a problem?
我们收到警报说飞机上可能有毒品
We were alerted there might
be drugs on this plane.
什么?真无♥耻♥!我要和我的律师联♥系♥
What? That’s outrageous!
I’m going to call our lawyer.
在国际检查站,叫律师也没用
No lawyers
at international checkpoints.
现在我们要检查飞机上的每个人
Now, we’re going to have to
search everyone on this plane.
查尔斯先生,如果你不介意,我们就从你开始
Mr. Charles, if you don’t mind
we’d like to start with you.
我要看看你的外套
I’d like to see your overcoat.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!